Brecheliant
NPC
a hundred mini dreams and a healing scar ♥
2,109 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Medic
Master Midwife
Master Sitter
Maia seemed to think about something -- probably his name-to-be -- and Eljay waited anxiously in anticipation. He was unsure if he really needed nor deserved a cool story title, but if Maia liked to think of one, then he'd let her. He waited silently and then she excitedly exclaimed she had one. He liked it when she got that excited; she just seemed to glow when she did, completely enveloped in her own cheerfulness. The title was a bit, well... glorious for Eljay, but he accepted it with a nod and a grin anyway. Maia had thought hard on it, after all. I'm not sure I'll be able to remember all that, he admitted. I might need a storyteller to remind me every now and again.

Eljay chuckled at Maia's own name, and he could not help but wonder -- Queen of the Marsh Hares? What's the story behind that? He'd never heard of marsh hares but it sounded pretty exciting.
Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,511 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
Ohhhh, she felt those butterflies real bad when he said he might need a storyteller to help remind him.  Outside of Wraen, and a few others who were gone now, she wasn't sure the last time anyone had said they needed her.  Her brain made it clear that he was probably just saying that, but that didn't mean it didn't warm her right up too.  

Oh, yeah!  It was right before I left last time, well, kinda.  Maia paused to think.  It was actually even closer to right before another event, but she definitely wasn't about to bring that up right now.  Wraen gave me the title because I was feeling kinda down, and a good title never fails to give a wolf the proper amount of self-respect.  Maia grinned.  She's great like that, honestly.  If she could end up half as cool as her big sister, then she was going to be pretty happy.  If she remembered correctly, she'd actually been upset over a certain prince, but she wasn't about to bring that up either.  That whole stretch of time had been a rough patch - first her parents, then Wildfire, then Charon.  There were bits and pieces she remembered super well, like that amazing day, but others felt like she'd been in a bit of a fog.
Brecheliant
NPC
2,109 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Medic
Master Midwife
Master Sitter
Eljay listened as Maia explained about her title. It gave her a bit of a think to get back to it, it seemed, but eventually she said that Wraen gave her the title because she wasn't feeling good. It was strange to imagine Maia as being down at all; Eljay had only ever seen her being rather cheerful through everything. It seemed so impossible to even imagine her as being... down.

He still wondered where the Marsh Hares came from. Was there a story around those. Eljay contemplated asking, but in the end he just smiled when Maia said that Wraen was great like that. Yeah, Wraen's pretty great, he said with a soft smile. We haven't been hanging out as much... lately... He couldn't help but wonder if it was because of her disapproval of how he raised Elfie -- or rather, how he pushed away Elfie, in the end, how hard a time he'd had letting him go -- or if it was because he was such a drag to be around ever since he had lost Wiffle. He felt like they used to be friends, but lately, he wasn't too sure. Not wanting to make it seem as though that meant that he didn't like Wraen anymore these days or that they were at odds, Eljay quickly added, But I definitely consider her a friend.
Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,511 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
It came as no surprise to Maia that they had been hanging out less.  She hadn't seen as much of her sister either since leadership; Wraen had a lot less time to spend relaxing nowadays.  Yeahh.  I try to grab her as much as I can and force her to be irresponsible, but she's always, like, super busy.  Maia shrugged.  She's definitely your friend, though!  You'd have to do something pretty awful to make that change, and I don't think you'd be able to if you tried.  Maia grinned at him, now teasing, just a little.  He was way too nice of a wolf to ever run the risk of offending Wraen.  We'll just have to kidnap her together sometime.
Brecheliant
NPC
2,109 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Medic
Master Midwife
Master Sitter
When others took distance from him it made Eljay nervous. He knew he had taken distance himself, too, but he hoped that the ones he loved knew that wasn't because of them. He did feel lonely a lot; it was sometimes as if he had been abandoned by some, as if they didn't like this version of him and they just wanted the old Eljay back but didn't want to get him there. Maia was one of those wolves who stuck around.

Eljay smiled at Maia's reassurance that surely, Wraen and he were still friends, but that she'd simply been busier lately. As Maia suggested they should get Wraen together sometime and do fun things, he said genuinely, I'd like that. Eljay looked at Maia then, feeling kind of funny inside. He wasn't sure what it was... But it was good to have a friend.
Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,511 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
last from me <3 Eljay is so friggin CUTE

He seemed cheered by that and Maia hoped she was able to put some of his worries at ease.  She couldn't imagine that Wraen wanted him to think she didn't like him anymore!! Her sister had never had anything but good things to say to her about him.  

Cool!  Okay.  Maia loitered there a second, then figured she should probably let him do his thing.  She'd like to hang out, but she didn't have any way to really help him with anything.  She'd probably just get in the way.  Well, I guess, we can meet up for that?  Cool.  She'd said that.  Chuckling to herself, Maia shook her head, trying not to trip over her own feet as she turned.  See you, Eljay!
Brecheliant
NPC
2,109 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Medic
Master Midwife
Master Sitter
<3 loved this thread!

It was some time since Eljay had spent time with someone so effortlessly add he was now spending time with Maia. He smiled when she said that they would meet up for that and nodded. Yeah. Maia then excused herself with a 'see you'. Hey, uh -- Eljay hesitated a moment before he said, Thanks. For hanging out. It was... It was nice. Eljay smiled and then he let Maia go, shooting her a quick See you around as she took off.