Whitefish River leaving me hollow
"But if I live, I win,"
345 Posts
Ooc — R/Rachel
All Welcome 
@Ira @Evergreen (cause this still feels rude even though the borders open 0.0) @Reiko out here busting down doors to 'save' her one & only friend :'3 (reference)

Her ears rang with the whispers of his words long after she'd left him behind on the mountain side. 

A soldier he'd claimed to be and run he had, when danger called. 

The healer struggled to muffle the hum, the ringing of a deathbell tolling prematurely, as she pressed east - reining in the ache with the thought of Reiko weighing upon her shoulders. 

Awen'd heard of Ira and Evergreen, their allies of the riverlands, but never before had she chanced the journey to their sister pack. The druid almost couldn't be certain if she'd located the correct glen - not until she drew closer and smelt the vaguely familiar scents entwined around the borders. 

The waif faltered for but a moment - drawn up short before she stepped across, poised and paw frozen in midair. A vice squeezed around her chest as she pondered the consequences, given that she was mistaken. 

Swallowing, squaring her shoulders, the wyvern forged onwards into the woods of Kaistleoki. Summoning a deep, steadying breath of courage, she began to call softly, "Reiko! Empress?" 

The further Fen delved into the territory, the more a particular odor began to grow thick: Reiko's scent, a soft violet of faded flowers and sweet things. 

"Reiko?" She began to call, just a touch louder with hope. "Mi'lady?"
"You see, I got a bullet for a tooth and
I'm gonna use it to shoot you."
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
With everything that had gone on over the last few days, the healer found herself with little time to herself. As a result, she was tired and sore, and she longed for even a few hours nap curled up beside her mate. But she did not find it at all a reason to complain. She was happy to help, and she wanted Ira and Reiko to rest comfortably and to not want for anything. 

She was on her way from one mother and on to the next when the scent of a stranger made her freeze. It wasn't something she had ever encountered this far from the borders, and for a moment, it caused her heart to race in her chest. She was heavily pregnant and in no position to deal with a trespasser, not that she was very useful in that regard when she wasn't a million pounds heavier. 

Just when she was about to call for help, the woman's soft call reached her ears; she called out for Reiko, and as Speedy began to travel closer, she recognized the scent of their sister pack. When she finally found the pale stranger, she greeted her with a warm smile. Hello, she said first. I'm Speedy. Still offering a smile, she asked: Is everything okay? Maybe she was just curious about Kaistleoki, but she thought she noted worry in the other woman's face. Hopefully there wasn't more trouble. With Evergreen and Winterbourne missing and the early deliveries of not only Reiko while visiting, but the count as well, she wasn't sure she could handle much more.
"But if I live, I win,"
345 Posts
Ooc — R/Rachel

The pale nymph's crown of snow happened to raise, argent eyes widening at the sight of the honey-glazed fae that approached. 

Deferential and submissive as ever, the stranger was greeted by the druid's fumbling decorum: a synchronized ballet of curving shoulders, lowered ears, and a dip of the head that vaguely resembled a curtsy. 

"Ah, many par-dons, mi'lady," the midwife uttered on meek lips, adding, "Speedy," when the tidbit of information was given. 

"Aye, m'am," she answered, nodding as if to punctuate this point - it wasn't certain if Reiko's twin truly had any nefarious intentions. For all the low-ranking Lady knew, perhaps she truly was acting under the Empress' orders. 

"I vas search-ing fer ze Lady Reiko, I zought zat perhaps yer pack might 'ave seen 'er," Awenfen explained, something fearful clogging in her throat - guilt maybe for her perceived trespass. 

"Zen I smell-ed 'er scent," here she smiled faintly, a single wag swishing her ivory plume. 

"Is she 'ere?" Fen dared to inquire, gaze flickering up to the woman's chin optimistically. 

"Ah, vhere are me mann-ers? I am Awenfen, midvife to ze Empire," she introduced herself as heat seared across her cheeks, realizing she'd completely forgotten to offer her own name in return. "Ze Empress is a pat-ient of mine, I grew con-cerned vhen she dissa-peared from ze Vale." 
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
There was no need for the other woman's submissive behavior, at least not with Speedy, but she made no comment about it. Instead, she gave a small nod at her greeting. 

It seemed she was looking for Reiko, and since she was clearly from their sister pack, the healer saw no reason to hide that fact that she was here or that she had just given birth a day earlier. Plus, she probably smelled just as much of the empress as the river did right now, considering she checked on her frequently throughout the day. Speedy let her introduce herself, finding out even more about the woman; she was a healer too, and that made Speedy instantly feel better about her being here. 

It's nice to meet you, Awenfen, she offered first. Yes, Reiko is here. Speedy paused a second, assuming her next words would not be what the midwife wanted to hear. She had the puppies early—just yesterday. I'm Kaistleoki's medic, so I've been taking care of her. She smiled warmly at the other woman. I was actually on my way to check on her. Would you like to come with me? She was sure the other healer would want to see with her own eyes that Reiko was okay.
"But if I live, I win,"
345 Posts
Ooc — R/Rachel

An almost imperceptible sigh of relief exhaled through her at the confirmation that her Empress was safe, here. The druid's eyes lit up at the mention of Reiko's delivery and her eyes uncharacteristically rose to meet Speedy's gaze - open and full of questions. 

Was Reiko okay? Were the puppies okay? 

At the offer, Awen smiled and nodded eagerly. "Aye, please." 

There was bit of agitation there, for the midwife wouldn't be truly satisfied until she had seen her patient and the bairns with her own eyes - though this was not to say that she didn't trust their allies to have adequately provided care for them.
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
Follow me, she offered, not wanting to delay things anymore than was necessary. She knew if their roles were reversed, she would want to see mom and babies right away. So she wasted no time setting off towards the den that housed Reiko and her newborns. 

It didn't take too long to arrive at the den, and Speedy hadn't struck up any conversation, assuming that the other healer was anxious to get to Reiko and probably not in the talking mood. She came to a stop just outside the den and turned to Awenfen. One second? She wanted to make sure the new mother was okay with more company, healer or not. She stepped to the entrance and poked her head in. @Reiko? she called softly. You're healer, Awenfen, is here to see you. Can I send her in? She offered a reassuring smile to the other mother as she waited for her answer.
"But if I live, I win,"
345 Posts
Ooc — R/Rachel

"Of course," the milkmother obliged willingly, head dipping, after they'd reached the den. Despite her best efforts, the midwife couldn't restrain the anxious shifting of her paws as her gaze curiously lingered on the mouth of the den. So excited was she, one might think she was meeting her hearth children. 

She wated with bated breath as Speedy called out, ears perking in wait.