Otter Creek Baker?
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
Private 

He made his way to the Greatwater Lake and followed the water down and eastward. He couldn't remember Star telling him the location of her pack, but thought she may have mentioned the general direction at some point. Following the water seemed like the best course of action. From his old days scouting, it wasn't the best way to find something necessarily, but it was the best way to avoid getting lost. Especially during the day when stars couldn't be your guide.

He knew Moonshadow was pregnant with his pups and would be giving birth to them soon, so he would have to be quick. But he needed to know if Star was too. He had been with her just a week after Moonshadow's betrayal and would be close behind her if his seed had found its way within Star also. The lake streamed off and dwindled into a creek drawing its origin from the mountains above. The water was flowing and clearly full of fish. He sat himself down at the creek's edge and lifted his head to call for Star hoping she was close by and could come to meet him. After a short while of waiting, he laid down and rested his head on his paws. It would take her some time to get here even if she was close by and he didn't mind waiting. Perhaps even taking a little nap before venturing off to find another place to call for her.
Howl is always open to some interesting plots.
Just PM me and we and plot and thread!
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
When Howl's song echoed through the cold morning air, Star was patrolling borders in spite of her pregnancy. Still she did not believe she could lounge all day; she had a duty to fulfill. That meant she was all the much closer to him, though... and she wasn't sure how to feel. They hadn't seen eachother since that day, what would he think to know she was pregnant with his child? She was not the sort of woman to bite her nails over a man's opinion on whether the kids should exist- for ultimately she was a feminist, and any child growing in her womb was hers- but they carried his DNA too, and the idea of losing a friend, or a crush, just because things could become awkward between them was a painful thought. Star didn't want to lose him. And she didn't want to lose these children either. Was there a way to keep them both? Would he still talk with her even if she was pregnant with their brood? 

Though these worries swam through her head, she heeded the call readily. Star found him resting by the creek, head on his paws, eyelids fluttering gently. Was he completely asleep, or just resting his eyes? She couldn't tell for sure, and so would wait for him- quietly laying down in front of him, settling her head own her own paws while dark gaze drifted to the water's edge, patiently waiting.
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
Laying beside the creek the sound of moving water became constant and the irregular yet recurring calls of birds also melded into the background. It was a soothing noise that he let himself drift off to. Not deep enough to sleep but enough for him to feel calm and relax his body. The perfect recipe to daydream and let him mind wonder which was filled with so many emotions and thoughts. He was nervous. Or was it excitement. He wasn't completely sure. He wasn't even sure if she could arrive, but he felt antsy waiting even though his body rested calmly. Eventually, those racing thoughts began to fade as his bodies state won over and took his conscious to the subconscious for a short nap. Likely resulting in low-fat cat purr like faint snores.

Her soft footing wasn't enough to alert him. Or perhaps subconsciously he knew her presence wasn't a danger. She rested alongside him resulting in only light rustling on his part. The few days trip had been more on him then he had thought. What woke him from his daze was her scent. A familiar smell that made him smile in his sleep, before slowly opening his eyes to a most beauteous sight beside him. So close the only view of her he had was of her head and shoulders. Still a bit dozy and feeling no need for urgency due to the lack of danger he lifted his head off his paws and reached it over to her own muzzle. Lightly tapping it with his nose and resting it there. "There you are" he sleepily grumbled kindly.
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
As he stirred, her obsidian gaze fell back to him, soft smile reflecting his. Here I am, She teased gently in response, tail giving a few soft waves. She could feel the stress from before melting away already in his presence. But... should she tell him straight out about her pregnancy? Or let him figure it out himself once he noticed her stomach? The latter felt too cold... and Star was a woman of great candor, who couldn't bear to dust the truth under a carpet. 

I know you called me, but... I have some important news for you. When you're ready.
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
The smile on her face and light-hearted response made him feel at home. Despite there being so much to talk about, from both parties involved, he liked the lack of urgency and panic. Whatever needed to be said would be said at some point by the end of today, and he didn't want to ruin their greeting by informing her of Moonshaow's pregnancy. He was far more interested in this news she spoke of. 

It wasn't as though the possibility of her being pregnant had escaped his mind but it was certainly but on the back burner while his mind focused on waking and on the beautiful face before him. "That's alright. As long as it's good news" 
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
At the moment, Moonshadow was completely out of Star's mind. Already she was so focused on her own coming brood that she had not stopped to consider their potential half-siblings. And so she continued with a smirk at his words, I believe it to be good... miraculous news. I can only hope you'll agree, She murmured softly, gaze warm as she made eye contact in that moment. Star shifted slightly then to the side, as if to show off the little bulge that had began to develop at her tummy. 

Howl... I'm pregnant.
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
As she began to talk Howl was a bit confused as to what news she had to tell. But then like the hugest slap in the face the obvious popped into his mind instantly waking him up. Was she pregnant? Did he want her to be? Well of course... right? But then he would have to manage two litters at once. That wouldn't be the best news. As his wheels turned looking at her to present her news, she turned to the side and revealed a lively bump. 

Before the words escaped her mouth Howl's tail began to thud aggressively against the ground with instinctual excitement. "I'm pregnant." At the sound of those works a smile appeared on his face and quickly grew into a beaming grin. Despite the logical implications of this news, they were greatly overshadowed at that moment by the sheer amount of joy Howl felt and emitted. Jumping up from his idol state he stood over Star and showered her with kisses and praise. "Of course I agree... 100% present I agree... God, you're amazing... and beautiful... and gorgeous..." he said going on and on with more compartments. Excited as a pup who say the outside world for the first time.
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
Before she even get her announcement out he already seemed to know, tail wagging wildly and smile blossoming on his dark maw. She had never been used to such bold actions, and so when he leapt up to shower her with kisses, her cheeks became hot and ears flattened shyly against her skull. He elicited a spill of bashful giggles as the affection came, her own tail beginning to thud in return. It was not like Star to be so expressive with her joy, but Howl seemed to bring out this side of her...

At the compliments, she ducked her head, gazing up at him with big dark eyes framed in pale face like a lamb. Oh- H-Howl, don't lie, She whined self-deprecatingly, pulling herself up to her feet. Her sides were rounding, she had a difficult time accepting compliments, and she essentially felt at a low confidence-wise. A pregnant old lady- how beautiful could that really be? 

Still, she leaned her head gently into the soft fur of his shoulder and chest, gazing up at him quietly though a contented smile lie on her face. I'm glad you're happy, Howl. Honestly, I wasn't sure what you'd think- I was worried that... She trailed off, unable to speak her fears aloud.
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
"Oh H-Howl don't lie." As she tucked her head away he pushed his head through to be beside hers. "You better start getting used to hearing the truth because they aren't lies," he said still with a long smile on his face. That is until he thought about his statement. It wasn't a lie but there was still something he hadn't told her yet. And it wasn't something that was just going to work itself out. It would have to be managed and worked thought. But he hated to be the bringer of bad news at such a joyous time. 

He listened as she trailed off "I was worried that..." He wanted to badly to say there was something to worry about, but there was. Something she likely didn't know but he couldn't be sure. He would tell her what was going on back in Kaistleoki but right now he wanted to address her worries. "Worried about what?" he said in a kind voice.
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
As he asked of her worries, Star sighed gently. I don't want you to be offended. She began. It's not that I think you're like this, but I know there are some men out there who... And again she paused, not wanting him to think she viewed him this way- for she certainly did not. It was just a fear. Men who want to be with many women, but don't want to raise the children that might come from it. They don't want to be tied down. Or those who think the relationship is too awkward after a big commitment like this. She explained, and then frantically, B-but! I know that's not you. Just the way you felt betrayed by the other girl tells me that you are the type who is, hmm... ready to settle down, I guess. It's just my paranoia gnawing at me. She sighed finally, dark gaze falling to the ground.
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
Her attempts to not hurt his feelings were touching and he met them with a faint smile on his face. But his feelings of concern might have slipped through as he felt terribled when she continued to speak. She thought so highly of him and it was appreciated, and under other circumstances, it would be just. But these weren't normal circumstances. 

His tone unintentionally shifted to one more serious. "Star. The prospect of being tied to you and our children for the rest of my days is a very... almost impossible option to pass up," he paused for a moment and became internally angry at himself. "But I can't" he admitted. "And it's because of you. Or the life within you. That I am... again... so... so grateful for"
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
Howl's tone dropped to something serious, and Star's ears flicked forward carefully, listening. The prospect of staying with her, impossible to pass up in his words- but he couldn't, and her head tilted as he continued, speaking of her and her children-to-be. You can't pass it up? Or... um, you can't tie yourself to me? She questioned, ears falling flat against her skull with some slight worry.
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
He realized in an attempt to lighten what would be seen be a big load he had only stirred up confusion. "I'm sorry. I'm not saying this right" he said in an attempt to sound light-hearted before explaining what he meant. "That other girl you mentioned. Moonshadow. She... like you is... pregnant." he confessed not sure how she would take that bit of news.
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
He started over, stating the news simply. Well. She couldn't say it was completely a surprise; naturally there was a chance that such a thing could've happened. Star thought to bring up the fact that they may very well be the children of the other man, but knew it was not be helpful now; would only be digging into his wound. The fact that he was telling her this likely meant that he was taking these children under his wing as his... her face moved to something solemn as she thought, brows slightly furrowed. She turned dark gaze back to him. So you're going to stay with her? Star questioned, trying her best to keep her voice from showing her strong emotions.
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
Phone Post

He knew logically how she had come that that conclusion but to hear it worded as such seemed so wrong to him and he was quick to contradict. "No! Sometimes I don't feel I was ever with her." he said abruptly. 

"But I can't leave my kids." he said letting out a sign. "I want to be there for all my kids. But I can't be everywhere at once. I don't plan on leaving you... but... I won't be able to be with you as much as I would have hoped." he confessed looking down toward the ground.
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
The exclamation of no brought a slight relief- and his next words evened things out in the best way possible for such a difficult situation. I understand, She agreed, You have that duty as their father. A moment of awkward pause. And even if we can't be together as much as I'd want... that's okay too. I'm happy to see you put your responsibilities first and foremost.