Northstar Vale I clutched your arms like stairway railings.
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
Private 
Ibis had ushered her daughters back in to the den prematurely that day, not that they minded as the humidity was soaring and they were all feeling the heat. At least the den was cool and shaded beneath the trees. She made sure that Viinturuth was stationed nearby; then, after a brief word with Akavir to assuage any of his worries (Its just for an hour or two. A little break. I'll be right back. Stretching my legs.) she nimbly wove her way out of the tangle of forest.

As the muggy air touched her cheeks she thought she'd feel a little more free. Maybe a little bit of relief. Instead there was a stickiness to the air that Ibis did not enjoy at all; the clouds were thick and puffy overhead - they hid the sky, and blanketed the vale so that it was sweltering for all who lived within it. A run would only dehydrate her, she reasoned; but Ibis only had a short window of time to herself, so she took off down the hillside at a trot, which picked up and became a fleet-footed race across the grass.
taking a ride on a cosmic train
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
It would be any day now that everything would change, she was certain of it. Though the freedom of no longer fearing the man who forced himself into her life, she feared it all the same. What would happen afterward? Would her fears come true and a scattering of the Empire wolves would happen, with lack of trust and death being the only thing they knew now as the Emperor held his position with violence? 

She could only hope that the turmoil would only last a little longer and that peace would soon follow, that trust could re-build - and changes would need to be made. Mostly from herself, she knew that, but in order to prevent such things like this from ever happening again. 

And the reason for that, well, one of them was running around in the fields now. With a swish of her tail, the Empress watched as Ibis stretched her legs for the first time in a long time. It was a while since the two girls had time together, too long. But it had to be that way, for Ibis' sake. What would happen should she get involved in all this? At least Akavir and Viinturuth were always by her side.

Something was being set in motion and if @Collision and his plan failed, then Reiko would simply take it up for herself. She had a few plans of her own in order to regain control of the vale, to find tranquility again.
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
A part of her yearned for the old days—roaming free beneath the stars with nothing but the road stretching before her to eternity, nobody to worry about, and everything in its proper place. She would not give up her girls for anything now that she had them. She ran, and she thought of the day when @Okeanos had come calling at the Hollow, how eager she had been for an adventure with her brother. If he was still alive now and would he return to her, asking the same question with that heart-heavy look in his eyes—she would refuse him in a heartbeat. Ibis did not think her life would ever change so drastically prior to becoming a mother but it had, and it was better now. She had lost pieces of her family—pieces of herself—for years; Arielle and Lilitu were everything, now. They were the family she had built for herself and they would never leave her.

She tried not to let her mind take off to any extremes as she ran in the field, up the hill or down, around a stand of trees and back again. Her thoughts drifted to Akavir and Viinturuth, with both of them making her heart race; they were dutiful men, and one day she would have to choose between the two of them. As she contemplated a loose arrangement of thoughts (eenie meenie minee—) she saw a familiar shape lingering further up the hill and chose to investigate it. It was hard for Ibis to tell Reiko apart from Hime now and so she was wary at first.

The more she studied the familiar face and pleasant expression upon it, the more her heart ached. How long had it been since she'd visited her best friend? Ibis sauntered to where Reiko waited and drew up alongside her, feeling wind-burn on her cheeks and the pounding of her heart. Reiko—hi. She greeted between gasps for air. I thought I'd try to get a little run in before the girls woke up.
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Joy fills her as Ibis spots her friend and begins to turn to come greet her. Almost as if everything that has happened was nothing, just like the days prior, Reiko greeted her with a waving tail. There was no animosity here between them, of all the members, Reiko was thankful for the Queen most of all, cherished their friendship. Remembering their last little argument, she assumed it wouldn't be so if Ibis knew - did she?

So many questions floated around her head it was dizzying, but Ibis spoke snapping her out of those thoughts. How are they? She betted they were as beautiful as their mother. I'm sorry I haven't visited yet, there has been so much keeping me busy, but you look well. And Reiko was visibly glad about that. Like Takeshi's poison didn't seep into her veins too like it did with Hiromi and Reiko - maybe others too she wasn't aware of.
Hiromi, Yuudai and Takeshi are welcome in all threads Reiko is in unless marked as Private! When outside of Northstar Vale it is always assumed one of her guards is near by and will be tagged into the thread if necessary!
Healing (2/6)
Severe bite wounds along neck, moderate along nape, and bruising. Healing will take 6 weeks starting Saturday, July 04.

Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
How are they? Reiko asked.

All that Ibis could think was, 'They are perfect in every way! From their adorable noses to their stout little tails!' And for a moment she swooned over the girls she had only recently left in the den; she felt a pang of longing for them. Her friend's apology was met with a smile and breathy comment, Its alright, we're both so busy with being moms. I'm so glad we're both happy and healthy. Little did she know.

Their names are to honour lovely people from my past, at the Willows. There's Lilitu - she's pale, and shining, and precious. She loves to sing and I never want her to stop. The little one never ever did, even whistling in her sleep. And her sister is Arielle; she's colorful like... Like the Emberwood, and she looks so much like my brother Okeanos sometimes its like I've gone back in time. Tha-thump; her heart was about to burst with love for them. Her honeyed voice dripped with adoration.

When they are older they should meet -- um, oh -- I don't know the names of yours. I'm sorry, I should have visited -! How awful of her, to call herself the Empresses best friend yet not even know the names of her children!
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
The way Ibis spoke of her girls was beyond uplifting. To remember their conversation when Ibis first knew of the possibility of becoming a mom, how it frightened her, how they might tie her down from ever having adventures ever again - it all seemed far behind them as if it was nothing but a bad dream. The fear and regret were long gone. To think she would just blossom oh so quickly into her motherhood so naturally! Just bursting at the seems with adoration for what she had created.

Lilitu and Arielle, what wonderful names! Was it Ibis alone who thought of them or did Akavir have a say in it? They almost sounded too lovely for anyone other than Ibis to conjure them up all her own, and Reiko could simply picture it already how she decided on them and remained steadfast despite any other options. 

It's okay. Shaking her head softly, still with that same peaceful smile. As you said, we were both busy. With a warm smile, she shot a glance over her shoulder as if she could see the three little bundles of joy in the den now. All curled up like the cherubs they were, so innocent and sweet. In order of birth, Haruki, Hotaru and Sumi. They all remind me of home, pale as snow and as beautiful as I imagined them to be. They are growing up so fast already.
Hiromi, Yuudai and Takeshi are welcome in all threads Reiko is in unless marked as Private! When outside of Northstar Vale it is always assumed one of her guards is near by and will be tagged into the thread if necessary!
Healing (2/6)
Severe bite wounds along neck, moderate along nape, and bruising. Healing will take 6 weeks starting Saturday, July 04.

Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
The imagination was a wonderful thing. Ibis tried to picture Reiko surrounded by her little snowpuffs, each pale and perfect; how many would have her eyes? How many would become soft and charitable and lovely on the eyes? She tried to recite the names to herself so that she would not forget.

Her smile deepend, but something stirred in Ibis' eyes, a tiny thought—imagining her beautiful girls a little bit older and surrounded by friends, but tarnished too, because she was not there. Lilitu rushing to her with a new find — a flower or somesuch — and Ibis too distracted by her duties. Arielle seeking her comfort after a minor childhood heartbreak, and the same - distance, swelling between them.

It was all very quick, these thoughts. They'd gathered in her dreams primarily and threatened her time to time when she was awake lately, growing stronger with each moment she was away from her girls. I... I would like to ask you something.

Perhaps she should wait. Reiko had enough to handle now and it would be unfair to follow through with yet another change. But... I was so worried about being a mom before, but now its all I can think of. I can't imagine doing anything else. But I know you need someone to be there to help run things; I know I haven't been around to do that, which is unfair to you, and to the kingdom. I... I would like to step down as Queen. Perhaps until the girls are older.

Her brow pinched with apology unspoken, but she looked hopefully upon her friend, feeling butterflies fluttering in the pit of her belly.