Wheeling Gull Isle all I want to see
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
Private 

It had been too long since she had checked on the recluse. Huā knew where she made her home, but typically stayed away, knowing the siren liked her alone time and star-gazing better than any conversation. But it felt wrong to abandon her entirely, and at some point even rude. Not that Ruò ever minded rudeness- but they were cousins, and she was good company in gazing at the sky, and so Huā seeked her out.

In finding the rock that she settled herself in, Huā's snout wrinkled. The scent of Ruò, Aiolos- mothermilk wreathing within them both. She found it the strangest thing, and pressed forward till she stood just at the rock's entrance- unable to see what lay in the darkness within, but hearing the sniffling and coos well enough. How long had this secret been kept right under her nose? She would not be happy... with either of them.
108 Posts
Ooc — nami
skippable!

huojin opened his mouth and released the ear-piercing cry of a child scorned. of course, he was perfectly fine, but he couldn't pass up such a perfect opportunity to scream! when he closed his mouth, revealing two open eyes, the starchild realized there was someone else here who he hadn't seen before.

who was it? too dark to be his father; too not-beside-him to be his mother, though this smudge of color carried the similar scent of milk. well, huojin's instinct was too strong to ignore, so he began crawling with watering mouth in the shadow's direction.
[ hover for translations ]
great bear wilderness · closed for threads (0/5)
Moonglow
Alpha*
Daddy Moonglow
985 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Master Guardian
In and out, on his feet, scanning, hunting, searching, defending.... 

His last adventure had been helping to save Aphrodite from her capture. Now, safely home (he presumed) Aiolos had gone back to guarding the border and like now, digging through the tide pools for lunch. 

He held a slivered  fish, fitting for Ruo's luinch as he made way to her rock along the beach. Hua was there to visit. Far unknowing to him, her first visit. Having been gone for quite some time prior (in Neverwinter) he could have only presumed Hua would have known, especially with Ying already being skeptical that this would happen. 

Alas, Aiolos had been as blissfully unaware as Hua had been and came dancing into her, settling the fish down. Afternoon Empress.
moonglow daddy
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
The pig-squeal of a child, and then something small wiggled closer in the darkness and away from where she figured the sleeping Ruò lay in the dark. And when she could feel all her fur pricking along the spine, Aiolos approached at exactly the wrong time with exactly the wrong greeting. Her fearsome gaze turned to him, tail lashing, not caring right now that he was bigger and stronger than her. What the fuck is this? She snarled, motioning her muzzle sharply to the interior of the rock.
Lǜrén
a silent siren
279 Posts
Ooc — cyprin
Away
"empress." ruo still held rather negative feelings toward her dear cousin, despite the encounter months before. it was grudge to keep, to remember. especially after she cursed to them, clearly upset as she snarled toward the entrance. however it seemed her son wished to greet who he would get to know eventually, and she would follow. 

however the siren yanked him close, not letting him get close. they were stay at the entrance.

there was no other words, to be spoken as Ruo looked stoicly at Hua.
[Image: dc1mu1x-1d71b3f4-120c-4399-b918-71c0e5bd...uDi0UyVmY4]
english | mandarin
Moonglow
Alpha*
Daddy Moonglow
985 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Master Guardian
Prickled furs, her eyes sharp in anger and snarl ever more evident of this. Aiolos was frozen. Not in fear for himself, for it was true Aiolos could still hold his own despite his healing neck wounds. No, it was in fear of his placement here and more so, the placement of Ruo and their pup together. 

I'm not sure what you mean... The reply was hushed, his head falling down to linger between long front limbs. His eyes shifted to Ruo, who did not feel a need to explain either. It was true, Ying had warned them coupling together, if not married. But had Ying and Hua themselves not done the same? Maybe as Empress, they were above this law. They were the leaders, after all so maybe it were to be true. Unknowingly, it couldnt have been, seeing as a pawful of others were currently pregnant in the ranks.
moonglow daddy
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
She had not a word to offer Ruò. The bitter thing was that the girl was just as reclusive, pregnant or not- and Huā knew that she would avoid the empress just as much either way. Instead she kept needle gaze on Aiolos, whose answer only angered her more, like he was playing dumb. Do not act like you not know what I mean. You are in pack now, She growled, and after a moment of quiet, You not just make how-ever many children you want. This not your brothel. This, motioning her muzzle to the little pup at her cousin's stomach- This is li...liability. 

Her tail stopped its lashing and her gaze grew soft. It not my job to track who pregnant and not. I am leader, and have my own children. It your re.. resp... job, to tell me. Her eyes fell to Huojin once more- red like his father, but with hints of a warm grey across his face and back. It is beautiful. But it is another mouth, She explained in a sigh. As for her own children- in Huāzhen's head, she was empress, and had the right to breed in any pack which she was leader of- that was one of the perks of leading.
Moonglow
Alpha*
Daddy Moonglow
985 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Master Guardian
Altho I'm certain Cyp will get back to this when things slow down a bit rl wise on her end, I wanted to sneak in what I had already written down just cause. Hope that's okay.

His fiery eyes diverted, looking out to the sea hard as she lectured them. She mentioned him acting like this pack was his brothel and he felt he could do whom he pleased, whenever he pleased, apparently. His body tensed, still sore muscles aching from it. His eyes snapped back to her in daring protest but quickly shifted down to her legs as he remembered his placement below her. I'm not whoring around. His words at first were but a murmur. Then, he juts his muzzle towards the pup lingering at the den opening. This, He speaks in the same manner which Hua had, Is my only child. 

Yes, she was leader and held rights to breed. Yes, her members should inform her of recent happenings, especially those of head positions. But if it wasnt her job to enforce the rules of her own pack and make sure they were being withheld, then who's job was it? Was it not her duty to keep track of those within her ranks? Hua had hunters, guardians, scouts, skywatchers and mystics... they did the daily duties and routines so Aiolos would have thought it exactly her duty to keep tabs of her members. 

I figured you knew. Ying expected but... I just- have you not seen Ruo in months? The words slipped from his jaws which tightened, clenched, preventing from saying more. He turns his head down again, though whines at the pull and strain from the gnarly injury on his neck. I'm sorry.
moonglow daddy
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
sounds good. cyprin feel free to hop back in whenever theres an opportunity, but we should probably wrap this thread up soon

His gaze met hers for a moment, fearsome, and her own was icy, daring him to speak out- daring him to get he and his family kicked to the curb. But quickly he recalled his place, gaze falling, and she lifted her chin upward, an emphasis on the difference between them. 

Still sensitive about what others might think of her, of her four bastard children, she did not take kindly to his next words. I'm not whoring around. This is my only child. She lashed her tail, annoyed. Would he continue to dig his grave here? She did not work logically, knew she had accused him of such things and yet was offended when he denied it. 

And then... I figured you knew. The others would have the respect to seek her out; did Aiolos and Ruò think they were above this standard of respect? Back home, no man bred his wife without first requesting permission from the emperor or his nobles. Those that did could face high consequence. Huā did not wish to create a dictatorship, but to some degree, she did expect that she would be respected as her rank ought to be.

And then that question. Huā's eyes narrowed. Do you not recall that I was busy make alliance? Busy getting husband, busy losing two of my closest fucking love ones, busy give birth and take care my own damn children? She hissed. I do not seek out Ruò. She is lowest here, she disrespect me, barely deserve home here. She lucky I let her stay. It not my job to hunt her down just to be ridicule. Her- or you- should have let me know. If you breed again next year without telling me, you and your family out. Okay? Huā spat.

Tail continued to lash in the air and her brow furrowed like someone deep in thought. Aiolos. I disappointed, only because I expect better from you. Do not disappoint me in the future, please. I not want to lose you. She sighed, distressed. It was true; Aiolos was likely her most valued member out of any of them. She did not want to hold back from making it clear she would excercise her power, but booting him out would ultimately be bad for both of them. Huā prayed next year might go more smoothly.
Moonglow
Alpha*
Daddy Moonglow
985 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Master Guardian
And this is where we wait. :)

It takes so much in Aiolos not to rage back, not to growl, to rise to his full height and prove to her how wrong she was. She spoke of being busy, of trying to form alliances, of trying to find a mate, loosing loved ones. Yet here she was with pups, no mate. Ying had been gone and time and time again Aiolos had been out looking for her, going to their allied packs, not to mention the month he had been gone training them (which for all he knew Ruo could have told Hua then), had recently perhaps formed another alliance by saving Whitebark's members from a captive. All these things he could have thrown back at her, why he had not the time to get with her on it... but alas, what would it matter? He and Ruo were in the wrong, end of story. 

Had he known, however, that two other women within the ranks were pregnant, Aiolos may have been more apt to speak up. His jaw tightens as Hua mentions Ruo's position in the ranks - lowest, disrespectful, lucky she was even here. Aiolos had not known the immense rift which obviously lay between the two family members. His amber haze shiftee towards Ruo, questioningly, and then to their son, sorrowful. They were not wanted here. Neither of them. 

It was odd, really, knowing his placement in these ranks seemingly far above Ruo, perhaps the only reason why they were not gone now. But would Ruo leave, after hearing what all Hua said about her? Ruo was already an independent creature, fully comfortable of a life on her own quietly. If Ruo left, taking their son with them, Aiolos would have no choice. He would leave too. His features are grim, he says nothing to Hua. His eyes remained on Ruo. It was obvious, she was the one who would hold the cards to their future.
moonglow daddy
Lǜrén
a silent siren
279 Posts
Ooc — cyprin
Away
thank you for the wait you're all the be s t

she felt cold to the touch, and held huojin further into her self as she watched the two talk. silence, as the usual. a calm one as she always was, but she felt a rage within. only when the two calmed, and the lion did not speak further, did she speak up, "if it displeased the empress," ruo started, "if my family," she especially emphasized the family, feeling there was none anymore," is an inconvience, i will take my son and leave."

"since i am so low, and an eyesore to the empress, perhaps it would be best."
english | mandarin
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
<3
wrapping ish, yall feel free to post again if you wish but otherwise imma archive in a few days

Aiolos was silent, only turning his gaze to Ruò- and Huā's own gaze followed. As usual, Ruò was cold, and confident in her words, though it was certainly more justified now than ever. The empress' eyebrows tilted upward slightly, worrisome- not wishing to see her nephew whisked away, nor one of her only remaining family. In spite of how irritating the astronomer could be sometimes. 

哎呀,不是。。。你和你家不是一个负担。 Huā huffed. And then with a huge slice to her fat ego, 对不起。 A pause, and then- 可是,你应该- 哎呀,留在这儿,请问。 She breathed with a shake of her head, frustrated with her inability to make any point without offending someone or risking their presence. She didn't want them gone... all she wished for was the respect she believed she deserved. Unable to say any more, her gaze turned unreadably to Aiolos, back to Ruò, and finally to the precious child... and then she was off to return to her own den unless stopped.
Moonglow
Alpha*
Daddy Moonglow
985 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Master Guardian
Ruo's words were cold, bitter and yet seemingly just to Aiolos. He waited for Hua's voice to ring out, snap back, tell them to go. But she was suddenly reeled back by the words of Ruo. It was easy to be mad at the silent little woman when seeing her ad a distant packmate but when seeing her as a family member with a new child, it was far different. He could see why Hua was torn and due to Aiolos' situation in this, was happy for it. 

Watching as Hua trailed off down the beach, Olo let out a heavy breath he had unknowingly been holding in those few moments. He came to the stormy woman, trying to reach out and kiss her cheek though knew wholeheartedly he would likely be turned away...
moonglow daddy
Lǜrén
a silent siren
279 Posts
Ooc — cyprin
Away
there was a striking pain, within the cold siren's core. however, stubborn and prideful as usual, she remained silent even toward her cousins apology, more or less surprised, then scornful. however what was said, was hard to take back on both sides. there was time ruo, without thought, started to whisk hua out of her 'family,' while hua, to ruo's view, tarnished what little family they had left.

her solemn look, was crossed with pain, only to reel back upon feeling a warmth on her cheek. ruo didn't deny it, but was quick to eventually pull away after a moment. without word, she whisked huojin back into the den's darkness.
english | mandarin