Hushed Willows are there strangers like me?
Seelie Court
Banned
272 Posts
Ooc — Tori
Joining 
Forward dated to about a week from now because I'm impatient lmao

He had traveled for what felt like forever. Brushing Against the sea, catching a few fish for himself, and being lucky enough to scavenge a dead seal. Now he had made his way to the other side of the mountains, to new beginnings. 
His heart hurt. Awenfen's broken expression, how she had dissapeared before he could explain himself. How had he been so stupid? 
But the truth was without his past he no longer has an Identity. He was breaking apart, so desperately trying to get away from the guilt he was destroying any chance to be happy. He still wanted Awenfen. He still wanted to make her happy. 

His babbling river of thoughts halted as he realized there was a scent here. Faint, small, without the established borders of a stronger pack, but still...there. 
He wondered what kind of pack could be forming in this mystical realm. 
After debating for a moment he crossed the boundary, hoping they could use a vagabond like himself.
fly on imaginary wings
57 Posts
Ooc — lullaby <3
Away
have a nervous little fairy
phone post

When she spotted him her heart felt as if it could weep, the sight of his wings ley her know that he could never fly. Who would tatter such beautiful amber wings, who would be so cruel to keep someone on this earth without the chance to escape? This soul had a story to share, a memory that haunted him like the ghosts in the woods down below their mountain. 

There was not a sound when she glided closer, one the swish of her paws on grass that seemed to flow forever. Her own periwinkle wings would have fluttered on her back as she let her voice be known, had she ever greeted a stranger on their lands by herself? "dear sir, you have entered the lands of the Seelie Court. Might I ask what you are searching for?" her voice came out gentle and calm, a smile coming to her lips as she tried to look regal and someone of meaning.
Seelie Court
Banned
272 Posts
Ooc — Tori
He didn't get very far before he was intercepted, by what was quite possibly the prettiest little Fae he had ever seen. She had the shape of a proper wolf, if a bit diminutive, and eyes that looked at him with...pity? No...Mercy. She looked at him the way he wished Awenfen would, without the fear in her gaze. 
"I was just passing through, though I'm kinda hoping to find a home... eventually.. I'm from the other side of the mountain, and down a ways." He decides not to mention the other packs. Not anymore. Nightwalkers only holds him back. And Renian Empire? Better they just not know. He couldn't risk another Alliance, another cruel turning away. "This place is beautiful. Have you been here long?" 
fly on imaginary wings
57 Posts
Ooc — lullaby <3
Away
The scars along his face told a story but she did not look at him in fear or disgust but of wonder, this was a face of someone who had tried to survive the cruel fate that had been dealt to him. A face of a warrior, someone strong like their Orlaith.  His spark was dimmer, something recent had happened to dampen his fiery spirit but what was it. The healer in her wanted to coddle him, take him to her home and heal the pain she could feel radiating from him. 

Then he spoke, his amber eyes the same color his tattered wings would have been if they were real. He was hoping to find a home, maybe this could be his home. "We are welcoming to those that do not mean us harm and wish to help us build this place as our home, would you be a soul willing to help?" She spoke softly and soothingly, trying to hide that she was nervous and unsure of how to go about this introduction.

He then complemented her home and asked how long they had been here, what should she say? She went with the truth, that was always her best route. "Thank you, we think so too. We have been here since the winter was in its peak, you should have seen this place though not as colorful.. the snow and ice was enchanting." Her eyes looked as if she was in a memory as she spoke of the winter months, it was breathtaking.
Seelie Court
Banned
272 Posts
Ooc — Tori
She speaks like a healer. Like his mother. This place reminds him of home. 
She extends an invitation and gratitude lights up his features. 
"I'm a skilled fighter. A decent hunter. I know a little bit of medicine...not much. I don't have a trade or official title..." He looks up at her hopefully. " I'm a long way from anything I've ever known. But...I want to be more than what I was." It's a cryptic thing to say but something about this place makes him want to be honest.
fly on imaginary wings
57 Posts
Ooc — lullaby <3
Away
He is kind and even hopeful as she spoke her invitation, did she do right? She hoped that her queen would be happy to have another on their side, another warrior to strengthen their borders and claim.  "Those are things we do value, as you can probably tell.. I cannot fight nor do i have the heart for anything of that magnitude." SHe looked away shyly, was she being to straight forward? Was she being childish, stupid maybe by showing her weaknesses? Oh, she was bad at this!

"I will call for my queen, she has helped us gather under the same banner. We too are far from what we have always known, it is always be with those that understand." HEr ears fell in sympathy, she had wished that her home pack had let her stay. She loved it there but she also loved it here, but she understood how he felt. Her ears lifted and her tail arched as she let out a melody filled call, wishing for her queen to come. oh, @Lumiya, you are needed.

"Oh.. um.. this is embarrassig" HEr ears fell again as heat rushed to her cheeks,  "My name is Deidra.. might I get yours?" Oh, what a blunder! Invite the man before you ask his name, smooth Deidra, smoooooooth.
Everything lies within Emotion
483 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
Her mouth full of herbs and the melancholy Loinnir at her side, Lumi was in the clearing for a change of scenery. Usually the fae was up and about, doing her rounds at the border - but this day had been different. A weird decision, now that a call for her rang through the air. It made her feathery friend hoot in return, for he also recognized the voice. Deidra. The small medic was, much like her, not fit for combat - yet her call seemed not to have come from a squabble, or something else that might threaten their existence. Sooty-tipped ears swiveled, figuring out the direction she ought to go in, and went on her way as she left the herbs she'd picked near a dug cache.

The Faerie Queen approached, distinctively marked tail swaying gently from side to side like a banner she carried high with her. She moved to stand beside her friend, observing the stranger she was with, with curiosity yet also being slightly disturbed. Oh dear. She uttered. The earthy male seemed to have been tattered, ripped apart and mistreated. The wounds seemed old though, so no medical attention could fix what had been done. Was that why he was here? To receive some kind of miracle that would help him get rid of the scars of the past?

Deidei, would you mind introducing me to your new friend? She asked sweetly, shaking off the feeling of uneasiness. An appearance said nothing about a soul, of course, but it did give off an impression that was hard to miss unless blind the beholder was.
Seelie Court
Banned
272 Posts
Ooc — Tori
She's Bashful and timid, and it makes him smile. "I could teach you how to protect yourself. If you want." He offers, trying his best to arrange his flesh into a smile. 
Her words give him a much needed boost of comfort - they all were strangers, all trying to remake themselves. All wanting a home. 
Maybe he can find a home here too. 
Her voice is melodic and it's almost enchanted- ringing and echoing over the willows. 
And then she asks a question that confused him at first, for hadn't he already given her his name? But as he was about to speak, the afformentioned queen arrived. 
An expression of shock was enough to make him hide his face in shame, turning his head so his marring was concealed. 
"I'm sorry. My name is Memory. I was...hoping I could find a home here. I'm willing to help in whatever way you need." 
fly on imaginary wings
57 Posts
Ooc — lullaby <3
Away
Protect herself, could she actually do that? The thought of harming someone even in self defense was barbaric to the little fairy but sometimes things were not what they seemed, sometimes there would be danger. Wouldn't there? Her ears fells as she thought about it, she was not build for it nor did she have the want for it but it was very kind of him to offer. Maybe she could try, just try.  "We could always try but i doubt i will be of any use in that manner.. I love working with plants and the earth." She said very gently, to show she was not a warrior born princess but a simply healing fairy.

When the queen came before he could properly give her his name she looked for a way to recover, how to introduce her new friend when she did not think to ask his name until just now. OH man, she was bad at this! Next time, if there was a next time, she would ask for their name first. Yes! That was what she would do. 

Before she could speak, she watched as her new friendhid his face in shame. Oh, is that what caused him to look so sad? She moved to his side, the side he hid from their queen and gave his cheek a soft touch of encouragement if he allowed it. "THis is our Queen, Lumiya, she is a nice soul.." She told him sweetly, before looking to her queen with a head bow  "Memory is far from home, just like us. He can help us with hunting and even be a warrior if we might need it. i thought.. maybe we could be the home he has been longing for, been looking for My queen." Did I do good? I hope I did good.
483 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
She listened to them both with a smile, curtsying in greeting for she hadn't done so already. She felt bad to have winced in the presence of the earthy beaver, yet scars were one of the few things that made her feel like she was back with her family. All those assassins had scars, and they boasted about it! The only one she hadn't heard saying something glorious about their battle scars was her mother. From the looks of it, the beaver would fit right in with them... yet he came across as gentle and lost. What a confusing set of traits.

Thank you, Deidra. She responded softly before turning to the one who called himself Memory. We could use your skills as a warrior - it is probably apparent almost none of us are fit for battle. And she wouldn't be ashamed to admit it. But the life of a faerie is peaceful... are you willing to join us, even if it means you might never have to fight again? She asked in a more serious tone, wanting the truth and little else.
Seelie Court
Banned
272 Posts
Ooc — Tori
Her question gives him pause. 
A whole new life. This was the new beginning he had wanted, right? 
Finally, after a moment of thought, he raises his head, looking his new Alphaess squarely. 
"I have spent my whole life doing so much fighting, and killing, there is enough innocent blood on my paws to drown me. I have been told to do unimaginable, horrible things and been told it was good. If I wanted to continue that life I would have stayed with the Nightwalkers. No, I would like nothing more than to never fight again." 
For a moment he thinks...what will the end of his life be? Surely these people would never engage him in the final battle. No. If need be he would travel outside the pack when the time comes.
fly on imaginary wings
57 Posts
Ooc — lullaby <3
Away
feel free to skip her if she is holding you up
A thank you was given to her, so she did good! Her dirt dipped tail wagged with enthusiasm as she remained silent, she was now a bystander. Her work was done, she had been a success with trying to recruit a member for the seelie court. Instead of talking she stood by the man calling himself Memory's side, a form of moral support. She listened to her queen, remembering the things she said so that she might do better later. Then it was memory's turn and her ears fell in sympathy of the life he had before them, he needed peace. He needed to never fight but would should it arise. He was a good man with a good heart, he just needed a new start to show these things.
483 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
We could probably do one more round and then fade out when they give him a tour of the forest?

The small fae listened intently, soaking up information without giving it away. The Nightwalkers. She desperately hoped that, however Memory had decided to leave, he hadn't angered them in doing so. The last thing the queen wanted was a war on their doorstep, one they wouldn't be able to win. Not even with the Reneian Empire on their side would they be able to resist the brute force of a group that sounded so lethal. She almost decided then and there that it was unwise the let the man join their ranks, given as they knew nothing about how he had escaped his torturous life of bloodshed and waste... Was she willing to gamble the peace she had established here, to let a stranger to her live out the rest of his life in that same peace? The answer was an unsure yes, but she knew that if trouble came from it she had no one to blame but herself and Memory in turn.

Very well. She responded quietly. You are welcome in our forest, given that you provide for us and yourself. A small price to pay, she found, for the life the court offered. Everyone did their fair share of work around the willow forest, and she'd personally slap anyone on the wrist who decided it was time for slacking.
Seelie Court
Banned
272 Posts
Ooc — Tori
He released a breath. A home. After weeks of wandering, he had a home. 
"I don't know how to prove my gratitude. I'm afraid I'm not familiar with the customs here...I'm interested to learn the ways here. In the meantime I'll mark the borders, and try to scare up some prey." 
He dipped his head in respect to his new queen.
fly on imaginary wings
57 Posts
Ooc — lullaby <3
Away
fade out from here?
This was wonderful, they had a new fairy to help them eep their area secure and protected. A new hunter to help provide for this growing court, and she had helped make it happen. She had done a good thing, right? She looked over to her new friend, that tattered warrior fairy named Memory. She hoped he would love his new life, that he would be happy here. "Oh!" She spoke with excitement as she thought of another way she could help, "Would you like me to give you a tour of your new home?" SHe looked over to her queen as her tail swayed back and forth, "if your not busy.. you can come too, of course!" mustn't leave the queen out!
483 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
I'm sure you'll learn quickly. She responded sweetly and sincerely. She ought to get things ready for initiation, given that their forming would be upon them soon enough. She knew the cave of wonders held a pond of clear water they could use for the ceremony, and their weeds of wisdom she'd seen grow well in the clearing. Still, it had to be perfect - especially for the new souls they had acquired, as it would be their first taste of their culture.

I trust you'll take good care of our new faerie. She responded with a solemn nod. I shall catch us a meal and meet up with you later. She announced. She felt comfortable leaving Memory in the hands of the capable Deidra, and was sure she'd only be in the way. It was better to make herself useful.
Seelie Court
Banned
272 Posts
Ooc — Tori
ok 
closing thread after this. Thanks! 

Home. He had a home. A home he had chosen for himself, not been forced or manipulated into, or chose out of habit. 
As his Alphaess excused herself he turned to the other, and nodded. "I'll take you up on that tour offer. Come on!" He sprang forward, Dissapearing under a clump of wildflowers before reappearing on the other side. "Come on, slowpoke!"