Lake Rodney Oh my heart is a fish outta water
3 Posts
Ooc — Nora
All Welcome 
Traveling through a new area was always confusing. Sigyn had a good memory, but she was always concerned about others who might know the territory better than she did. She was glad to have found a gorgeous lake with the beginnings of wildflowers sprouting up. It seemed so peaceful, Sigyn wondered why nobody had taken advantage of the area.

Standing closer to the water, Sigyn admired her own reflection, though she was cautious should anybody else approach her. When no one did, Sigyn, a starving wolf, took a few tries to catch one of the fish that she saw swimming underneath the water. Looking at the island in the middle, Sigyn considered sleeping there when the sun went down. It was a strategically good place, she thought, as she could hear anyone swimming across.

As she considered this, Sigyn took the opportunity to lay down and eat her fish, relishing the water behind her as she for once stopped checking behind her back to relax for the first time in a long time.
390 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Tracker
Ranger
The black and white wolf traveled further today then she ever had originally intended, with a pep in her step as she moved at a brisk trot throughout the open field of the Glen and along the outskirts of Bramblepoint. When she arced around the woodland, she would be presented with this place - A large, impressively so, lake lined with sandy shores like an ocean might and dotted with beautifully silver birch and much taller sycamore.  

The place was well, admiring, picturesque, even as a single gray wolf settled at the shoreline dining on her caught fish. She was but a spec out at this distance, though as Vallkyrie neared she would woof at the woman in greeting. Mostly grayscale with a darkened nape, Vallkyrie came close yet with caution as she looked her over. The Huntress meant no harm, but this was also a stranger and one with food to protect. Hello.
3 Posts
Ooc — Nora
Sigyn stood with a bit of a defensive pose as the stranger approached. Her fish lay on the ground, partially eaten, and Sigyn's mouth watered just a little as she imagined finishing it. There was no way for her to tell exactly what this stranger was thinking, what she wanted, but she was curious nonetheless. The wolves of the area seemed strange to Sigyn.

"Hello." Sigyn pushed her fish behind her. It would be easier to defend if she was in front of it, she thought. "Is this your territory?" Sigyn had made it a goal not to trespass and to avoid other wolves. Still, sometimes it couldn't be helped. The Lake was so lovely that Sigyn was not too surprised to discover that someone else might have a claim to it.
390 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Tracker
Ranger
Vallkyrie paused, watching her, calculating her display. Her defensive, possessive posture and the obvious way she scooted her half-eaten fish behind her. If Kyr was swift enough she could make for an easy meal, though Kyr took pleasure in her own catches. Even more so, she was quite a good fisher. Thus, her eyes stayed to the woman, trying to make it plain for the other woman that she was dismissing the food. 

No, although I admit I wouldn't mind if it was. This place was gorgeous! The only downfall she could really see is if the lake ever flooded over though there was plenty of open land around them for any pack to disperse to if needed. I actually live north of here. I've been looking for someone, however... She trails off, wondering if the women would offer her another moment to see if she knew anything.
3 Posts
Ooc — Nora
The stranger did not seem to be of any danger to Sigyn at the moment, though the young one was aware that this could change at any moment; she had experienced similar things beforehand. It was good at least that this territory did not yet belong to anybody, from what Sigyn could tell. Sigyn could see herself returning there to sleep, maybe making it her own just a little.

She tilted her head just a little. "Looking for someone?" Sigyn recalled her mother talking to a friend she hadn't seen for a while, but she was curious to know why the other was looking for someone. "Maybe I could help." she offered. Getting on the good side of wolves in the area would be beneficial, Sigyn had decided.
390 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Tracker
Ranger
Vallkyrie would offer a swift nod, rawbl boned hips turning and lowering so she could settle into a sit before the woman and equally before the open tranquility of the landscape this great lake had to offer. 

A friend of mine has gone missing from her pack. I had come this way to ask around... Her head turned left, and right, though pale icy eyes saw no one other then Sigyn within sight. She is a majorly white wolf with a streak of black down her spine. Her name is Ying, has a funny accent. She added, a smirk toying to her lips. If this woman here was a newcomer (seeing as she was questioning if this area was claimed or not) it was a long shot. Still, you never know who a wanderer might run into.