Firestone Hot Springs fruit salad, yummy yummy
387 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 

the ocean was a lot less welcoming in the winter months and even now, despite the rising temperatures. it still wasn't quite warm enough to go for a dip in the sea much to his disappointment, so imagine his enthusiasm when he stumbled across this little patch of heaven that ironically smelled like hell.

he'd been cautious at first, simply due to the fear he'd be burned by the obviously warm water. however, after mustering up a few seconds of courage and dipping his toes into the water, the inky ghoul realized the hot springs were no more dangerous than any other pond he'd taken a swim in. and so after a moment or two, he slipped himself into the relaxing waters and let his stress briefly melt away.
available for threads
available for sprees
I've learned to lose you, can't afford to
813 Posts
Ooc — hela
Warrior
She really hated the way this place smelled. Any time she passed through, she couldn't help but wrinkle her nose in disgust as she was met with the warm, acrid air. And there was no way she wanted to swim in the hot, pungent water either, not even on the coldest day of winter. So imagine her surprise when she heard the splash of water as she was making her way home through the gross place.

Out of curiosity, she followed the sound until it lead her to one of the springs with a dark grey wolf wading around inside. She peered over at him, her eyebrow lifted in disbelief. Aren't you afraid you're going to smell like that forever? she asked. That would be awful, and it was reason enough for her to question swimming in the water here. She much preferred her swimming be in rivers or lakes.
Inuttuk
Common
387 Posts
Ooc —
he'd been in the water for no more than a minute before he suddenly gained an audience. she was a pretty thing with porcelain fur and eyes that could burn a hole through your soul. her question was a valid one, but did little to make him worry. he'd been sprayed by a skunk before as a child and if that smell could eventually wash out, then anything could.

"my good looks will make up for the bad smell", he let out with a playful wink and toothy grin as he paddled to the edge she was closest to. "the water feels nice. you could join me and we could smell terrible together." he doubted she'd accept his offer but hey, maybe she'd surprise him.
available for threads
available for sprees
813 Posts
Ooc — hela
Warrior
Well, he was a cocky one, wasn't he? Lucky for him, she found cocky amusing. And he wasn't wrong—he was good looking, although not as handsome as another cocky male she knew, but she wasn't so sure that would make her look past the smell. Her expression turned skeptical, her fiery gaze following him as he swam over to where she was perched. I wouldn't be so sure about that, she teased, a playful smile curving her lips. 

She inspected the water at his invitation, her gaze slowly making its way back to the stranger as she considered his words. It looks warm, she said, her nose wrinkling to show how unappealing that sounded. Then she frowned thoughtfully at him. What's in it for me, you know, besides smelling like ass for an uncertain amount of time? She might even get in with him if he could give her a compelling enough reason.
Inuttuk
Common
387 Posts
Ooc —
and surprise him she did. it almost sounded like she wanted to join him in the hot spring, but still needed some persuasion in order to actually accept his offer. "you get to swim with a handsome stranger who doesn't care how bad you smell, and i get to make a new friend", he let out as he paddled away from the edge and swam back out to the center of the pool.

"it's a win-win for both of us." he was in search of company when she just happened to stumble by as the prefect solution to cure his for boredom. it would be a shame if she left so soon.
available for threads
available for sprees
813 Posts
Ooc — hela
Warrior
She raised a skeptical eyebrow at him, her gaze following him as he swam away from the edge. She wasn't sure his offer was enough to make her ignore the smell and get in with him. She was intrigued by his confidence, but was she intrigued enough to smell like the hot spring? She didn't immediately answer him, though. That was until he stated that it was a win-win for them both. Is that so? she asked, eyebrow still raised. 

But she did end up peering down at the water and testing it by dipping in her snowy front paw. She glanced at him and then back down at the water. Then she slowly lowered herself in, her face wrinkling in response to the water at first. It was grossly warm and it smelled even worse now that she was in it. She stayed near the edge at first, eventually acclimating and deciding it wasn't bad enough that she couldn't indulge the stranger for a bit.

She swam over to him, and eyed him with playful suspicion. What makes you think we'll be friends? she asked once she was close enough.
Inuttuk
Common
387 Posts
Ooc —
just when he thought he'd lost all hope of her joining him for a swim, she dipped a porcelain paw in to test the warmth of the water before completely submerging herself save for her head. he couldn't help the satisfied smile that tugged at the corner of his lips while his tail, although underwater, swayed happily behind creating ripples along the surface.

she questioned him, and he tilt his inky chin upwards in thought. "you got in the water with me didn't you? i'd say that's a pretty good start to any friendship", he answered back with a toothy grin. he assumed if she had no interest in getting to know him, she wouldn't have bothered to stop by in the first place.
available for threads
available for sprees
813 Posts
Ooc — hela
Warrior
She offered him a teasing glare but the look quickly shifted into one of acceptance; she couldn't deny the soundness of his logic. Plus, he was right: she wouldn't be here if she wasn't interested in knowing more about him. I suppose I can't argue with that, she finally said, offering a capitulated sigh. 

Her expression became slightly more friendly as she continued to speak. I am Simmik, she offered first, dipping her head a little in his direction while being careful not to let her face touch the water. My pack is close by—Neverwinter Forest, she told him next. She wondered if he was familiar with her forest. She also wondered if he was from around here, but she assumed he would offer that information next.
Inuttuk
Common
387 Posts
Ooc —
he let the tension in his muscles melt away as the warm water began to soothe any aches and pains he might have gained from his life of constant travel. it felt nice, and he lowered his head so that his chin rest just about the water's surface. "i'm astaroth", he introduced.

the name of her pack was unfamiliar to him, and so he made sure to mentally mark it down somewhere that he might come and visit when he had more free time. "i live on an island not terribly far from here called yuèlóng. ever heard of it?" he was not yet well acquainted with all of the packs in the teekons, but perhaps she was.
available for threads
available for sprees
813 Posts
Ooc — hela
Warrior
She watched him relax further into the water, wondering how he could seem so comfortable. The heat, she could understand; not all wolves were as averse to it as she was. But the smell? She wasn't sure she could get over it enough to fully relax here. She was humoring him because she was intrigued, but that was about it. She still tried to keep her face as far from the surface of the gross water as she could. 

She gave a small dip of her head in response to his greeting, committing the name to memory. At the mention of his pack and the question of whether she had heard of it, Simmik offered a curt nod. Yes, I've heard of Yuèlóng, she told him. A member of your pack, Aiolos, came to stay with us for a little bit so that he could train me to be a warrior, she explained. She assumed Aiolos was still apart of that pack, although she hadn't seem him in a while or heard anything about him.
Inuttuk
Common
387 Posts
Ooc —
aiolos - that was the redheaded man was it not? he was aware of the other male's existence but had yet to go out of his way and properly introduce himself, an issue he should probably get around to fixing. at this point he had more friends outside of his pack then he did within it, which wasn't exactly a bad thing he supposed.

"oh!? well if you ever need a sparring buddy just give a shout and i'll be happy to practice with you." given her choice of words, he assumed their packs were on good terms with each other and saw no harm in offering a helping hand should she need it. with that being said though, "can't promise i'll be very good. i'm more of a lover than a fighter if you couldn't tell."
available for threads
available for sprees
813 Posts
Ooc — hela
Warrior
I'm always up for a spar, he told him. She was constantly searching for ways to improve her skills and stay in good shape; spars fulfilled both of those things. And if he was from the same pack as Aiolos, maybe he was a skilled fighter as well and would have more tips for her. 

Although, his words dashed away that thought just as quickly as it had crossed her mind. Not that she thought any less of him. Everyone had to start from the beginning, and not everyone was set on being a warrior like she was. A spar would be beneficial regardless. She smiled at the statement and raised an eyebrow at him. Yeah, I can see that. She swam closer to him. I can be a little of both—depending on the situation, she explained playfully. Truthfully she liked to play just as much as she like to fight, and he seemed the type to partake in her favorite kind of play: teasing and witty back and forth. 

Is inviting strange girls into stinky pools something you do often then? she asked with a grin.
Inuttuk
Common