Hushed Willows over, and out
the fire fae
423 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Away
All Welcome 
Orlaith, on a whim, set forth on a mission. While there was thought to the adventure, it was mostly spurred on by her boredom, obviously that part was not said when talking to @Lumiya. The court was quaint, but small and weak. Few warriors, and few to protect the realm.. However she knew where some could be found, where normally she would dread stepping forth to, but it was a good idea in the end, nonetheless. To be a recruiter, of sorts.

The other fairies and herself were not the only castaways, and she knew many were sent astray, but did not know where. The guardian tried to capture them to bring back to the court, but alas, none was tempted. Even those within the old court did she advertise of the newer, more accepting realm, but they too, were reluctant. Orlaith came back with none, and only an advertisement left behind.

At least it was nice 'adventure,' even if she got nothing out of it.

And so she is back!
[Image: dbsjoiy-a0dc5a12-726e-4fc9-9f6e-325ac868...sKmYWTqVa4]
Everything lies within Emotion
483 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
She'd approved of the idea at the time... but she'd be lying if she said she wasn't worried for Orlaith, and the establishing court she left behind. She was a great warrior, something they didn't have many of, and the presence of Donovan and his crew could spell complete disaster for their peaceful existence without her with them. They'd driven them away, for now, but who was to say someone that ruthless wouldn't come back to take his revenge? She'd ratted his behavior out, had shown disrespect in his presence once the queendoms banded together to vanquish evil... Had she doomed them all?

It was why she fluttered happily towards Orlaith once the young fae recognized his fiery coat, examining her swiftly before calming down. You've returned. She stated the obvious, followed soon by a curious; And? How did it go?
the fire fae
423 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Away
"I'm back," the fire guard greeted with a cheerful grin as she approached Lumiya. Though an exaggerated sigh followed through with a more lopsided, defeated smile as Orlaith continued, "fraid' not many were interested. Those who were casted out wished to wander on the outside more, they had curiosity." She didn't blame them either. It was probably a strong curiosity to explore what they could not before, or rather didn't want to. Not many want to leave the sanctions of a warm home, but once forced, took the full advantage.

"But at least the advertisement is there." On the brighter side, the word is out.
483 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
Though Orlaith came bearing uneventful and perhaps disappointing news, her presence was enough to settle Lumi down. They'd grown in numbers since Orlaith's departure, and she was proud to announce this as soon as time was right. She felt the moment nearing, where her owl would gather all their respective voices as they sung in harmony to claim the forest. It would not be long now, she believed - with how many were they now? Nine? Ten? And the coming of spring after Autumn and Winter would most likely bring more of them... She, herself, could spawn the pixies that would become a new generation of faeries...

I'm sure some will come around, eventually. She responded, forever hopeful. We've gained a few more members in your absence, it won't be long now. We have powerful allies in the mountains and near the sea, as well as on the Flatlands to the South. I'm confident in this court. She informed, with a smile. We have an alliance with the Reneian Empire, led by a graceful young lady called Reiko - and with Yuèlóng, led by a a strong-spirited mermaid called Huā. She felt like it was important for Orlaith to know, as she'd become her right-hand and Aoibh her left when it came to these matters.
the fire fae
423 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Away
"Hopefully, we don't have many warriors after all." While she laughed at the predictament, it was an issue she felt needed to be addressed eventually. It was nice to have fairies so invested in nature itself, and the beauty in the world.. It did not cover the fact that there are dangers beyond their realm. There could only be so much power between the three noticable guards; Aoibh, Fionn and herself. Proclaiming to be the strongest, nontheless the fire fairy was not an army.

Except, at least there was an army behind them. Allies were very fortunate, "Oh yeah? I'd like to meet them eventually." It was nice to know they weren't alone. Orlaith was also curious on their warriors as well.. Perhaps a spare to compare combat abilities. The thought gave her a rather devious smile, and an excitment.

But that was for another day, "any other news?" She asked cheerfully.
483 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
And there was one new warrior, one that refused to fight but could if life itself depended on it... Perhaps it was best not to mention the fallen butterfly of a man. Knowing Orlaith, she'd probably think he was pathetic. She lit up at the next comment at least - she was sure her girl friends wouldn't mind Orlaith dropping by if they knew she belonged to the court. Despite their size, Seelie Court had become quite a recognizable name around these parts. Perhaps it was because Lumiya easily made friends with everyone, or the fate she so believed in wished it so - regardless, she was thankful.

I'm sure they'd love to meet more faeries. So far, it's just been Aoibh and me establishing these alliances with surrounding packs. And it was enough, for now, she found; she'd yet to make her alliance with Whitebark Stream and Kaistleoki official, but she knew their leaders and they were kind of heart.

Her expression then turned a little grim, thinking of the recent cleansing. Actually, yes. Huā came to our borders not too long ago, asking for assistance regarding a rather concerning matter. A male by the name of Donovan, a woman of mottle browns that I haven't been able to meet, and their underlings, the Saints, have been terrorizing these parts of the realm. She told. A few days ago, we gathered the leaders of many packs and confronted them. They left the forest they were trying to claim, as far as I know, but we don't know if they'll be gone for good. We must beware.
the fire fae
423 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Away
"Yeah? I'll definitely go say hi eventually." Orlaith had met one of the mermaids a while ago, but did not know if the other was from Yuelong or not. She'd enjoy a trip to the beach, and perhaps ask around for that white wolf the sea. It'd be nice to have another spare with a fellow warrior.

"You can send me anytime, I promise to play nice." She smiled brightly, like an innocent child. Orlaith thought she was friendly enough- outside of the territory anyway. Tended to be rather harsh to those within, mostly because she demanded respect, and didn't want any foul wolves entering the paradise. Outside always tended to be a different story, for she knew not to simply start fights, and more or less simply enjoy the ride. Perhaps.. She could be nice as an ambassador. The fire fae's prideful attitude may be a challenge, however.

Though with more serious, the guard focused on what was said, "A bad time for my departure." A rather significant piece of information. She knew not all lands could be perfect, but didn't expect trouble before they had perfectly gathered peacefully to form Seelie Court, "The Saints huh.. Dutifully noted. An enforcement in the borders will set." All jokes aside, she at least knew when the time to act was serious. A general needed diligence and strength.

"It'll be fine. I'm here." A reassuring grin, full of the usual arrogance.
483 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
She was surprised Orlaith was taking this all so well. This was probably the difference between a fire and wind faerie - one, confident and raging, the other gentle and worrying. Truth was of the elements that fire could spin out of control despite its beauty, while the wind sometimes had the power to shape the land and make even the tallest tree bow. They reflected them well, whether this be for better or worse.

Though I do not doubt your abilities, their threat is real - the danger they pose is real. From the stories I've heard, I know they are crazed and delirious. They cannot be reasoned with. Which was the biggest disappointment to the small fae. She believed in the good in everyone around her, but the light inside Donovan had died a long time ago. There was no saving him, she believed - and his underlings she did not wish to meet. She wanted Orlaith and the others to take this seriously - it would not surprise the fae if Donovan returned for his revenge once their numbers were greater.
the fire fae
423 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Away
minor pp, let me know if needed to change!
and wrap up?

She had a smile with a sigh, as the usual was afoot. A worrisome Lumiya, and a carefree Orlaith. She bent her head down to push her nose against the Queen's shoulder, and once more reassured the other, "It'll be alright. I'm here." The flaming wolf had the upmost confidence in her abilities, and even so, the small chance the fire would go out, "and we have allies," there was always hope.

"Let's go get something to eat to celebrate my return, yeah?"
483 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
Yeah, no, Lumi was not to be settled by such easy words - but she was willing to let her worries go for a moment and focus on the present. There was but one particular faerie that was able to put her whole being at ease - the little mouse. Still, Orlaith was able to get a smile out of her yet, and she nodded in agreement.

Yes, I'm afraid this stress is eating me up from the inside. She jested lightly, following wherever Orlaith would lead.

That's fine! Feel free to archive <3