Sawtooth Spire River of Swedish Fish
i n n e r p e a c e
229 Posts
Ooc — H2O
All Welcome 
hi everyone! i am finally coming to a close with school and can return to wolf! a thread with any of the ST puppies would be great, but anyone is welcome! (if any pups join, i am going to assume that gracious has met them, she just hasn't been around them too often)

She had grown dormant the past few months. Kept to herself, kept quiet -- she was growing older and could feel it draw on her bones. Arthritis was a common feeling, she wasn't that old but still up there in age. Had she been given a different coat color, the grey hairs coming in on her face and body would be much more noticeable. However, she was nothing more than a black and white picture with every shade of grey in between. She was born and would die in this still image of lackluster color.

A large fish hung from her mouth, bloodied and mouth still gasping for a breath. They were slimy and smelly at times, but she couldn't deny that fish could hold an impeccable taste of freshness at time. This meal was not for her, however, it was for the growing childrenn in her family. 

At times, the woman felt a bit... jealous of mothers she saw. Gracious wanted nothing more than to cuddle her own child and raise it to be like her. It would be a treat, an everlasting reminder to Gracious that once she was gone, someone could carry on her legacy of kindness. However, the stars chose to not align with her desires quite often. She had no husband to call her own, no aspiring love in her chest that blossomed with joy. No, she was alone.

But that as alright. Gracious had a family here in the mountains. And to her, that was enough. 

She trekked to the area where she knew dens were littered. Perhaps the children were there, it was time she became more useful to her pack. Her alone time was over, it was time to stop worrying about a few aching joints. She was still here, still alive, still breathing, still loving.
[Image: source.gif]
Gracious is currently traveling with Oceane; she is allowed to join all threads Gracious is in unless they are marked private 
743 Posts
Ooc — viz
Master Warrior
Rogue
praimfaya's hunt for a den felt like it was a neverending task; never quite satisfied with whatever foxhole she's found to spend the nights in. though providing the night was clear she preferred the glow of a thousand stars. that ever daunting task drew her to where majority of the pack denned, idly pawing at one. the scent of fish and blood is what first draws her attention away, though the older woman carrying it falls within the sweep of her frostbound gaze quickly after. praimfaya, lets out a low chuff of greeting, den hunt paused in favor of socializing.
i n n e r p e a c e
229 Posts
Ooc — H2O
it appeared she was not alone in these parts of sagtannet, the low chuff of another obtained gracious' focus and attention. with a large sweep of her neck, gracious soon aligns her eyes with another. a woman, a girl much younger than gracious. thin, beautiful, with peculiar black wings beneath her eyes. in a way, gracious felt herself look similar, despite the stark marking differences. her head tilted to the slightest degree, silver eyes blinking for a moment before letting the fish drop to her feet. she keeps her body low, a visible display of knowing her place in the presence of others who were above her.

"you're very beautiful. what is your name?"

her large plume swept behind her in a slow sway, triangular ears perked forward with interest. gracious liked to assume things of wolves once she looks at them at times. sometimes she assumes they are boring or loving just by their looks. with the scars on her shoulder and the short greeting, gracious was left curious. perhaps there was a great history to this pretty girl.
Gracious is currently traveling with Oceane; she is allowed to join all threads Gracious is in unless they are marked private 
743 Posts
Ooc — viz
Master Warrior
Rogue
the older woman — a packmate but a stranger to praimfaya — does not seem too put off by praimfaya's chuff ...though she watches as the woman's catch is lowered to her feet after the woman offers her a show of submission. praimfaya, harbors mixed feelings about it ...for here, in sagtannet ranks, her status as wanheda has no bearing; and for that she cannot help but be glad. that was the whole point of this, after all. finding out who she is unhindered by duties as commander of her people, even though she will always be their advocate.

the compliment of being beautiful burns at her cheeks ...unsure if she's ever been called such before. thank you, praimfaya murmurs, figuring basic acceptance was the best course of action. i'm praimfaya.
i n n e r p e a c e
229 Posts
Ooc — H2O
the name lingered in gracious' mind. it was different, special, a delightful change of pace. she had met many wolves with many different names, praimfaya's name was simply elegant like the others. gracious wondered what her family members were named, usually there was a connection to how the children were all named together depending on the family of origin. gracious had found one wolf with a name like hers -- Delight, whom she happened upon when she first entered these woods. She wondered how he faired after all this time.

"i am gracious, it is a pleasure to meet you, praimfaya." she needed to get out more, faces kept coming in and dissapearing all too quickly for her test. wintersbane was gone now, the original courtfall wolves have fallen in numbers, replaced instead with the new brood of sagtannet children. perhaps, fate was playing anohter one of its games with gracious. she could only hope all of this was for the better -- perhaps she would go check on star and see how she was fairing during this time (unaware that her grannie pal was pregnant!)

"forgive me for asking, but how long have you been here? i'm afraid i've lost count of wolves who have joined and left, it sometimes becomes a blur." lack of attention, gracious knew better.
743 Posts
Ooc — viz
Master Warrior
Rogue
gracious, the older woman calls herself as just as she unknowingly ponders the origins of praimfaya's name and whether it was a familial ritual ( it was ), praimfaya herself wonders a similar thing about gracious' own name. likewise. the lissome commander gives gracious a small, friendly bow of her head. i've not been at sagtannet for too long. a handful of weeks, perhaps. she almost mentions her brief time in diaspora but assumes that segregating the merged branches defeated the purpose of sagtannet. wolves will come and go. that is unfortunately all apart of a pack. and in praimfaya's experience it was only truly unfortunate when it left their numbers to dwindle down to nothing.
i n n e r p e a c e
229 Posts
Ooc — H2O
not a long time. for a moment, gracious felt the twinge of relief. that meant she didn't forget this young woman, it was simply the fact that she was still "new" -- gracious had an excuse of not sharing words with her. as for talk of the pack, gracious knew all too well about the way fate played with the animals. she bobbed her head in a nod of agreement with praimfaya's words.

"transient beings, aren't we?" she asked quizically towards the girl with her winged eyeliner. "sometimes i think we're all swimming in an ocean of destiny, where the tide will pull us away from what we know in order to seek out new places." 

a laugh escaped her lips. she was becoming more and more philosophical by the day. she wondered if pramfaya ever had these thoughts. "perhaps i'm getting too old, my words are turning into fluff these days," she shifted her pale eyes towards the young woman, "i hope i don't come off as boring to you,"  her tone is light and fluttery, playful at best, "you seem like an interesting young woman."
743 Posts
Ooc — viz
Master Warrior
Rogue
the speak of destiny brings to praimfaya's lips a doleful simper. wanheda knows all too well about destiny and the curves balls it is all too practiced at throwing. i believe we are who we are meant to be, she is and will always be wanheda even when death ceases to be a companion and comes to claim her for himself; reuniting her with the other spirits of the commanders. but we forge our own paths. to believe that her future is nothing more than a puppet on marionette strings is a truth she refuses to accept. as far as praimfaya can see, claiming her actions were because of destiny makes it far too easy to shift the blame and to shuck the responsibility of accepting consequences; destiny becomes a scapegoat.

fluff? no. i find your words wise, even if i have my own ideas about destiny. praimfaya offers amiably. not at all! praimfaya is quick to brush away any notions or misgivings that she is bored. i enjoy a good philosophical conversation now and then. being wanheda meant she was intimately tied to barbarism but praimfaya does not see why she cannot be both draconian and intellectual despite how, to most, those two traits clash.
i n n e r p e a c e
229 Posts
Ooc — H2O
she's a philosphical thinker, rejoice! impulsivitiy ran rampant in the hearts of the new and brave wolves who traveled alone, gracious would always laugh at their quick and sometimes poor choices. it makes her think back to her time on the beach, when pardise was a constant in her life before tragedy. like a hidden child, gracious looks towards the girl with freshened eyes, a certain atmosphere of of perkiness wrapped around her body. "you're one of the first to say that." she shot her a grin as she thought back for a moment. maybe gracious was never meant to be born in that problem-infested family of hers, she was simply so different from them.

"do tell me, praimfaya, what is it that you believe in?" morals, codes, philosophies -- sometimes the core values were never touched upon enough. gracious could spend hours listening and lecturing to others about their beliefs, why they're good or bad, and how they can shape a future with many different paths. "excuse me pushiness, i'm just curious -- you seem like you know and understand a lot more than the others i've talked to at your age." she's honest, her words are soft and bendable. should the girl refuse, gracious would bite her tongue and ask about other things, perhaps her passions would be a good one.
743 Posts
Ooc — viz
Master Warrior
Rogue
gracious inquires to know what praimfaya believes in and as the wanheda's contemplative silence stretches on, the older woman follows up with an pardon to her pushiness. i don't mind sharing, praimfaya is quick to assure; words swift in an effort to put to rest any doubt in her companion's mind. the compliment weaved within does not fall upon deaf ears and of this praimfaya is unsure how to speak. how crazy would it be to tell that she has the spiritual guidance of the first wanheda? though linkoln has taken to silence as of the past few months, praimfaya still feels his presence. there is so much to cover so i will try to cover the basics which only scratch the surface.

a small pause is given; time enough to collect her thoughts. my people are led by a heda ... a commander. there are requirements at birth to be the commander and if a wolf falls into these requirements they, if there are others, fight in a conclave we call sadgeda if the current commander dies. it is a fight to the death with the victor becoming the commander. when they win the conclave they are accepted by the spirits of the commanders past and they are given their guidance thru life.

her left shoulder, bearing the kill marks of the potential commanders from her own conclave twitches and she draws it forth to show gracious. there were five in my conclave. she doesn't bother to mention her status as her coalition's commander to many ...because it's not ( presently ) necessary information in these wilds. not while she remains a subordinate, anyway.

there are some that are what i'd consider religious. ouspika. priests. they worship the praimheda, the first commander's spirit. i never got into the religious aspect of it. but that was likely because blodreina'd never been religious.
i n n e r p e a c e
229 Posts
Ooc — H2O
deep rooted history, she was intrigued already. gracious couldn't really say she had much of a culture. she had her beliefs, her philosophies, and that was about it. praimfaya's was rich, attention-grabbing, intense -- gracious couldn't imagine finding herself in such a group of wolves. to fight to the death for power, to some extent gracious could understand the drive, the need. but she could never see herself ending the life of another of her kind, not until she was pushed past her brink.

the markings catch her eyes. 5 wolves have fallen to the jaws of the young woman who stood in front of her. some could and should feel scared, but gracious only felt a budding sense of respect flow from her and paint over praimfaya. she must be incredibly skilled then. perhaps gracious would take up a lesson from her, what was she doing wasting flesh on nothing but pleasantries?

"to take 5 down, i couldn't imagine the kind of drive you must've had." her voice is in awe as she speaks, nearly trembling. "you must have no fear when you fight." gracious couldn't imagine trying to be in praimfaya's spot, facing 5 others for the title of commander. it was almost impossible to dream up a situation like that. however, cultures were far spread, even aiolos hailed from weird lands as well.

"maybe you can teach me something before i turn to dust," she joked, "i've done nothing to prove my worth yet." she never felt like she accomplished much in her life. it is a painful feeling to know that she hasn't left a legacy behind her. no husband or children, no wise teachings or lessons -- absolutely nothing. praimfaya owns 5 souls on her shoulder while gracious merely carries past burdens upon hers. she was nothing in her 6 years of life.
743 Posts
Ooc — viz
Master Warrior
Rogue
it was me or them. they were all trying to kill me too. a pause is given and a soft sigh passes thru praimfaya's lips. there is no time for fear. fear will only get you killed. she does not admit to gracious that she only feels a thrill when she fights; a high of her blood that excites her. i wear a mark for each upon my left shoulder to honor them. for she'd taken no real pleasure in killing fellow children, of wolves that could've been her friends, perhaps, would they have been born different.

i will gladly teach you to fight, if you desire to learn, praimfaya offers and then hesitates, frowning slightly at the older woman's words. she doesn't know gracious well, but with the years she has on her? praimfaya doubts that she has done nothing to prove her worth. sometimes... the wanheda broaches carefully, slowly. as if the subject were waters she was dipping a toe into to test the temperature. we do little things everyday to prove our worth. its not always as obvious as, well, the sadgeda. that was just the way of her people ...even then they had no viable proof that the commanders were of one family, a bloodline; and considering praimfaya had no idea she was related to the last great commander, having it be apart of a bloodline was entirely plausible.