Seaside Moors Getting lost on purpose
s t i g m a t a
440 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
All Welcome 
Maybe @Rosencrantz for a spar?
The lad was determined to prove he was not a waste of space.
He wanted to prove that he was not some ass leeching off of Rusalka's hard work and resources until he'd healed and was sure with a spar and valuable training without busting his ass - or wounds.

He prowled the lands, looking for some small prey to catch and a teacher other than Tundra. She'd mentioned a man with a burned face, Rosecat or something.
Rowan wasn't good with names.
He hoped he could learn to be better and push himself with a new sparring partner. 
| |
One lie is enough to question all truths. 
Babe, there's something wretched about this
477 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Away
Nieve was gone. He was left with both her tasks as far as he knew, to keep with their agreement on him taking over her hunting duties, as well as keeping up with the borders now that she was no longer here to keep up with her own side of the deal. As he prowled the borders, the knight would try to pick through the scents and attempt a hunt should prey be around - it was difficult, he was tired, but he always had a hard time asking for help.

A scent came across his path, a boy. A new Rusalkan from the smell of it. The boy wasn't very far, just by lifting his eye the knight spotted him in the near distance. Who was he? Was he to come and go like the others? So many new members had come and just as quickly had vanished like smoke in the wind - only Tundra remaining as the longest-lasting new Rusalkan after his own joining almost a year ago. 

He could only hope she would continue to remain.
New Threads: closed
s t i g m a t a
440 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
He quickly marked his scent, small and almost insignificant in the more potent scents of those above him. It wasn't the border but seemed like an often marked mound on the moor.

His lifted his head after sniffing around for a few moments, spotting just the man he wanted.
His tail wagged in greeting as he called out a simple, "Hey!" To stop the man and hopefully bring him into his bubble.
He really wanted to spar and this guy looked sick, but so did Aningan so he'd probably have to spar with the polar bear too.

Stone, his crow, flitted off away from his as he approached Rosencrantz.
| |
477 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Away
The yearling approached, full of vigor, bright-eyed, and ready to greet the mountain man. Unfortunately for him, Rosencrantz was rather solid and cold to anyone new. Even the two betas took a while for them all to seem comfortable around one another, and so, as the boy greeted and approached, he was only greeted with a simple. Hm. In a barely voiced greeting.

Do you need anything? There weren't many other than the regular individuals who would approach the half-faced man for anything other than to challenge his rank. Though the air about this one didn't seem to fit the bill, he was curious enough to give the boy enough time to speak.

For a brief moment his eye glanced at the bird that flew away, the boy, just like Tundra, had a feathery companion. How interesting.
s t i g m a t a
440 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Well, he certainly was not a ray of sunshine.
But Tundra spoke highly of him so he just tilted his head as if to say 'That's it?'

But before the charred man could reply with what Rowan would expect would be a "What?" he spoke.
"I wanna learn how to fight better." His tail wagged with enthusiasm.
Surely it wouldn't take too much of this man's day to teach him a few tricks which could save his life.

"Can you teach me some things? You look like you know a lot," a little compliment did everything to boost a mans pride. He knew the facial scarring wasn't a result of fighting but still, it added to the man's demeanor.
| |
477 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Away
The dull yellow that stared back at the boy, unmoving, stone-cold, glistened a bit at the mention of desiring to learn, to fight. Rusalka needed that, he knew they did. Though he was divided with the opportunity to teach one for the sake of bettering the pack, he was torn with the thought that the boy would one day use this against the teacher... old thoughts from an old life he supposed, it was hard to ignore.

With a nod he agreed. Squaring up to face the boy now to give him his whole attention, Show me what you know, I will teach through action. There he stood neutral, no defenses yet and wanted to observe the boy for now instead. To take in his natural instincts as well as what he might have been taught already that could change those instincts for the better or worse in battle... Carefully the honey eye studied the young Rusalkan.
s t i g m a t a
440 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Had he pissed him off? Was he already pissed? Or was that just how his mug sat?
Rowan didn't think he'd ever know, but it was whatever, he agreed to teach him which was enough for the young boy.

He stood like an exhaled body. Was this a trick?
Rowan lowered his head, pulling some distance from the man and started to rove around him to the right, where he didn't have an eye, tail lashing slightly.
What was he going to do? Did he expect to be attacked first?
In a moment's notice, Rowan dove in as quick as he could for the back leg, hoping to snatch it out from under the man.
| |
477 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Away
Clever, he thought as the boy immediately took note of a weakness in Rosencrantz, the missing eye. However, sadly for the boy, he was quick to decipher his plan and move in to defend. As the boy dove and disappeared from view, the knight's immediate response was to move and swivel in a way that Rosencrantz could maybe check the boy with his hip in an offensive and defensive move.

Once the man knew where the boy was, the paladin would reach out with his own maw and try to give the boy a quick snap - not enough to draw blood but surely it would pinch if it did manage to land on the boy's backside. However, all he felt was air as his teeth met nothing but his own fangs as his own attack missed, barely even grazing the boy as they slid past one another.

Your attack was head-on, I know my own blindside and the wound isn't new. He informed while they were able to take a quick breather between the strikes before the boy would choose his next move. He'd let the boy figure out on his own that unless this was an ambush, attacking him head-on should be just like fighting any other wolf - a half-blind individual will always assume the first attack on that side and protect it quickly enough. Plus, it wasn't a unique tactic, everyone did it.
s t i g m a t a
440 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
The boy was frustrated, yes.
But he was inexperienced and he knew it. He'd gotten lucky on the occasions he'd fought only aided by the skills he'd been taught.
He drew himself further from the man, listening to his wise words.

"Fighting with one eye is wicked," he grinned, bringing himself back into the man's view. Rowan made the note that those with disabilities likely had learned how to live with it.
But if it's new, he'd have more of a chance.

He needed to think, use the noggin on his shoulders, and develop his teachings.
Fighting head-on, he'd usually try pushing his opponent back until they made a mistake, then took advantage of it.
That woman had attacked head-on. She went for his neck, like hella fast.

Rowan swayed on his feet a little, looking, then charged for the man, throwing up his paws into his face, and then aimed to dive down - if the man hadn't already batted him to the ground - and nip at his neck.
| |
477 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Away
Fighting with one eye is wicked - the words almost gave the knight a smile, the way the boy chose his words was almost humorous enough to break the stoic stone-carved man all too soon. Wicked yes, he supposed, but tough all the same. Tougher to learn to get accustomed to the new depth perception and lack of peripherals on the one side, but most opponents did the same damn move to make it less of a weakness and more so a strategic counter maneuver on his part. 

Patiently he waited for the boy's next move, he seemed to think things through this time around and as this was a lesson, Rosencrantz allowed the time to think rather than bombard him. As it turned out, for now, this would be an offensive fight on his part while Rose would take on the defensive side. Perhaps next time the roles would change, a new lesson, a different day. 

The boy moved, coming in face to face this time and leaving Rosencrantz with more than just one possibility on how this would go down - only for paws to find their way into his face, and unfortunately for the boy, into the jaws of the snapping leviathan. Like a strike of lightning, the man moved in an attempt to grab hold of Rowan's arm and take control of his body - a new lesson. Keep your paws on the ground. Thankfully it was a lesson and Rose's grasp, should it be successful, should be anything more than just uncomfortable. 

It baffled him that any at all would screw with their balance like the other woman he had faced alongside Erzulie.
s t i g m a t a
440 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
His paw was caught in the mans gaping jaw, making the rest of his attack fall short and yoinked him back to where his leg was held.
His brows furrowed, almost unable to stand on his other foreleg.

He pulled, and his leg was given back without another quarrel.
So, perhaps paws wouldn't faze one that had enough experience.
It would certainly baffle him.
Pupping ways of fighting didn't do too well here.

He withdrew again, thinking more.
What would Tundra do?
Well, he didn't know. He didn't know enough of what Tundra would do to apply it here.

"Give me a pointer," he asked. He was far more inexperienced and could do with a little help. Something to practice. 
| |
477 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Away
As the boy pulled himself free from the Gamma's grasp, Rose offered no resistance and let the boy go and gather himself again. Smart enough to ask for pointers instead of going in blindly again. They both saw what he knew, what he was was perhaps already taught by others and now adding to his knowledge a new. 

Use your disadvantages to your advantages. He said, again, the underlying thought of his missing eye coming up as he moved his head just enough to show off the wound again to drag attention to it and how he countered the boy's first move. I am bigger, heavier, more experienced - but you are younger, nimble, and flexible. You won't win in brute strength against me, think. He left the moment open for the boy to think, saying nothing for a moment to give him the chance to before speaking again. 

There is also no shame in fighting another day if possible and bring reinforcements, or ambushing if you are truly intent on killing the individual should you find them out of your league.
s t i g m a t a
440 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Use your..disadvantages to your advantages?
His brows furrowed and he thought hard, looking at the marred side of his face.
How?

His tail waved slowly, mulling over his words. He wouldn't find shame in it, he'd not been taught it was a failure. Probably a good thing really.
Ah, he'd figured it out. His disadvantage baited wolves like him into attacking there, and earning him an easy win.
Though Rowan didn't think he had any attributes like that.

But Rose was right, he would not win in brute strength. So he'd have to think hard.
Plan his attacks.
He stalked around the man, knowing he'd track him to prevent a blind attack on his behind. 
The woman was more experienced than he was, that's why his attack wasn't successful here.
She got low to drive up into his neck.
But he'd blocked that attack well.

Rowan had made up his mind. He could do this.
He drove at the man again, this time moving quickly to try and drive under Rose, like he did with that coyote once, and snapped at his belly, hoping to land a little hit.
| |
477 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Away
He was thinking. The gears in the boy's head were turning and clicking into place. Of course, he wouldn't have the same opportunity to think in a real battle, there was usually no time for such things in a life and death situation - but practice in a safer environment could make these decisions come faster in a dire situation. By giving the boy the chance to think now, it could save him later.

The boy moved again, and this time his tactic changed dramatically. Diving under and disappearing under the mass of the teacher, teeth reaching for the tender skin underneath and instinctively Rosencrantz moved, shifting his body to one side to try and avoid any damage to his belly. Even if the boy didn't seem to have true intent to kill or maim, instinctively such a place was tender to ignore. 

Much better. The first of praise he uttered once the danger was no longer lurking underneath him. Joints, throat, belly, groin, axilla, all these places should be your targets in battle. No matter how large or experienced your foe, they will always be fatal points if you can manage to get it. Of course, the more experienced foes would be protective over these points, it would be up to him to find a way to surprise them. In my case, my last eye as well.
s t i g m a t a
440 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
The slow pace of the spar was helpful.
It was like how Tundra taught him, and this development would make him into a more pragmatic rather than frantic fighter.

His nip seemed to be well placed enough to earn him that small amount of praise.
He had no idea what the - uh, axellah? - was. He'd ask Tundra.
He nodded in confidence. These would be where he had to attack first then. Maybe.
The woman went straight for his throat, but she knew he was inexperienced.

His tail waved softly. But didn't realised that his eye would've been a good target.
"Ah, ok." 
It seemed to make sense now. And the eyes would be harmful anyway. A disability was a weakness he could attack again.
| |
477 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Away
The knight's attitude lightened up a bit, no longer was he glaring at the boy but more so... a neutral stare. After a brief moment of contemplation, That's all for today. Too much in one day could muddle the lessons, one thing at a time and the boy would be able to think over the lessons and maybe practice with others in the meantime. Of course, he chose words carefully this time, today, subtly hinting that he was willing to continue to teach the boy another lesson, another time. Without another word, he continued down his previous path before the spar had begun.
I figured we could end it here if you want! We can always do another thread for a new lesson <3
s t i g m a t a
440 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
He tried not to be dejected about the man's departure, but he'd learned a lot for today and he really did have to practice.
The man also seemed more accepting of him now than he was before, and that was enough for Rowan.

"Goodbye!" he called out, grinning and tail wagging as Rose left, and Rowan went on to hunt.
No problem
| |