Stone Circle Well, I've been afraid of changing
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
All Welcome 
for @Siarut
forward dated to 6/14 if that's okay

The second she felt she had the strength to make the journey to Easthollow, she set out from the mountains. She was still sickly thin. She had gained some weight of course, but it seemed to be molding back to her form at a glacial pace, even with all of her resting. It was partially due to her still diminished appetite; she had never been a good eater and now, she found it even more difficult to eat a full meal every day. If it hadn't been for the fact that her energy was also returning, she might have been worried, but she just chalked it all up to the healing process. 

Still, the journey had taken her twice as long as it normally would; instead of a two day journey, it had taken her four. She had to rest often, which was quite different from her usual travel behavior. Normally, she hardly rested at all, seeming to be filled with never-ending energy. Now, she felt the opposite, like her energy only lasted her for hours at a time. She had to stop and nap way too often, but she tried not to let it get to her. She would see Sia soon, and she would feel better about it all. 

How long had it been since she'd spoken with her brother? She might have wondered if he was still here if she hadn't been sure he would never leave his mate; that and she scented him along the borders as she drew near. She stopped once she was close enough to the edge of the territory and sent a long howl drifting out into the skies. Then she waited to see her bear of a brother trotting from somewhere within.
Inuttuk
Common

~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
slight pp'ing @Valette let me know if i need to change it!

The howl came on the wind, completely unexpected and somewhat unwelcome. Siarut was tucked firmly around his children. Still reeling from the death of his wife, and far to attached to them then might have been considered healthy. Valette lingered nearby. He hadn't said much in the last couple of days. Completely ignoring anyone who came near him. The only time he moved was when his children whined from hunger. And she was always there. Deep down the man was utterly grateful for his new sister. She kept his children alive, and had therefore bought her way into his circle, into his family. Just as he would protect Takiyok, Shivali, and Tahani; Siarut would now protect Valette. But at this moment, his surface emotions rang along the lines of annoyance and anger. He had never noticed how different the two sisters were. But now... now it was a torment. Because Valette was so similar to Nanook and yet so different. Close enough for him to recognize his mate, but different in a way that made him miss her all the more.

So he felt embarrassed to call the woman when his children needed her. Because he wasn't enough for them. He hadn't protected them or their mother as he should have. Once again Siarut had failed. The pain was suffocating. He had promised her, made vows to her. But ultimately he had never been good enough for her, strong enough for her. And now he couldn't even keep his children alive without her. It would be at least another month before his pups could survive without milk. If only it was the other way around. The darkness of his thoughts had increased in the last two days. His mood increasingly depressed. He knew Valette was worried.

With a heavy sigh, Siarut exited the den. Explaining it was his sister at the border, and he had to greet her, Siarut made his way to the border. He was obviously exhausted, his pelt dull, his eyes duller still. Having little energy Siarut could barely manage a subtle trot to pace the distance quicker.

The sight that greeted him did nothing to improve his mood. Once again relying on his northern heritage, Siarut had returned to his frigid exterior. Giving away little to no emotion, unlike their last visit where they had both had so much energy. Now, now they bother looked old and worn, years before their time. Her fur was held to tightly to her rib cage, and she looked as though she was nothing but bones. And only because she was his favorite sisters (not that he would ever tell her that); Sia's brow furrowed in worry. "Sister." He called gently, stopping near her.
Inuttuk, Common

[Image: nsUn6t6.png?1]
{1/5} | {2/10}

948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
She waited longer than she expected, and she thought maybe he wasn't here, which would be just her luck. But then she saw his pale, hulking form in the distance, slowly moving towards her. As he drew near and she could really see his face, she knew something was off—that look was one she knew well. He could put on the frigid exterior all he wanted, but that wouldn't keep her from knowing instantly that something was wrong. No matter how much time had passed since they had last seen each other, she still knew him better than anyone. And she was the queen of wearing a stony mask to hide the feelings inside, so there was no fooling her. 

Her own expression twisted with concern as he stopped in front of her. She knew there was no hiding her condition, and she knew he would have questions, but she had questions too. Brother, she said first, taking a step closer to him. What's wrong? She searched his face for answers, knowing she would find none. He would have to give them willingly, and he wasn't always good at the being willing part. Still, she hoped they were past that now. He looked like a ghost, like something had stolen the light inside him; it reminded her of when she had found him after losing the pack. He obviously didn't look out of his mind now, but the despair was the same. What had happened to him?
Inuttuk
Common

~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
Nothing. Sprang to his tongue, but he couldn't utter the words. Nanook wasn't nothing. She was everything. She was his whole life. So to dismiss her death simply wasn't something he could do. Instead he swallowed the word, his heart quickened and he forced himself to breath. Silence settled between them, as Siarut calmed himself silently. Trying not to let on how much he was struggling, Siarut cleared his throat and turned his gaze away from Takiyok. "You look sick Takiyok. Do you need help?" He purposefully ignored the question. Their last conversation had been full of death as well, he was in no rush to break the ignorant bubble his sister was currently in. Keeping his grief to himself for a couple more moments. Of course he would have to tell her, and he would. But first he needed to play the older brother. If only to pretend everything was normal between them. With everything else going on, he needed to remember she was always there to be his little sister. To help him feel strong, even though he never had been. It was his honour to have such a strong sister to keep him upright.

"I haven't checked the caches nearby, but I'm sure there is something to spare." After Valette had forced him to step down, pretty much confining him to his den Siarut had shut out anything to do with the pack. He couldn't find it in himself to care. Of course, had he still held the title Emissary he knew the opposite might be true. If Valette had given him the option, he knew he would be on patrol right now and he wouldn't spend any time at his den. Because it still smelt like her. She lingered, as a flash whenever he closed his eyes. A phantom. A silvery woman covered in her own blood. Haunting his dreams. Siarut hadn't slept since it happened. Unable to face her. The couple minutes his body had forced on him had ended with him screaming. He was slowly unraveling, and it still wasn't clear if anyone aside from his deceased mate could truly put him back together.
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
As expected, he avoided her questions, first with the aversion of his gaze and then in the way he answered with a worried question of his own. Okay, she would let him play his game for now, but only because she was afraid of what he wasn't telling her; her life had not really ever been easy, but especially so lately, and she also wanted to live in the ignorance for just a bit longer. I am—well I was very sick...Mahler found me in a cave in the hollow—I almost died... she paused and looked away herself. I've been staying with his pack—with Stag while I get better. And I do feel better now, I just haven't been gaining weight very easily. Speaking of, she hook her head at his offer of food. No, that's okay, Sia. I'm not really hungry. She never was anymore. But really, I'm doing okay now. That's why I came to see you. I'm finally better enough to make the trip, and I missed you, she admitted, the last few words coming out softer than the rest. 

But Sia, she started worriedly. Are you okay? She paused and searched for his gaze, unsure if he would meet hers. You look off, like something is wrong. She stepped closer. Talk to me, brother. Whatever it was, he didn't need to shoulder it alone. She knew he had his mate now for these things, but his sister could surely help relieve whatever burden he was carrying too, right? Only if he would confide in her.
Inuttuk
Common

~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
Of course he was concerned by the tale she told, she was his sister. But just as he feared, he found it difficult to care. That wasn't to say he didn't love her, because he obviously did. And he would have been devastated had it been Mahler here telling him his sister was gone, or god forbid Stag came to tell him of his mothers demise. But, she looked like she was on the mend. And it wasn't obvious to him that she was trying to hide something from him. But he couldn't be to sure.

Her heartfelt softness fell into her tone and Siarut couldn't help but turn his eyes on her's once again. Glad to still have his sister here to lover him despite everything that had happened between them in the past. They were always family. She asked again, what was wrong. But again he wasn't sure he could answer her. Instead he decided good news would come first. Before he lost himself in the grief retelling the story of what happened. "Come on. I want to introduce you." He spoke softly, flicking his head in the direction he had come from. There was a tiny twinkle of pride in his eye, not happiness for there was no guarantee he would feel happy again, but he would always be proud of his children. "We've had children." Forcing his tone to be light as he started to head back into the territory, if she would follow. "Three boys, and a girl." He hadn't had to say the words yet. He hadn't had to tell anyone yet. Sia hadn't spoken of that night to anyone. So he clung to his secret with all his might.
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
He didn't ask for any clarification of her story or question anything she had told him, which was fine, but wasn't exactly like him. She was glad to not see the pity in his face that she often saw in others, really she was, but he seemed oddly unfazed by her news; it had her worried again.

But still, he dodged her question. She was getting a little frustrated by it, and she was about to tell him just that, but then he mentioned introducing her. She didn't immediately follow when he invited her over the borders; she just looked at him with confusion. Until he mentioned children. Then her expression softened and she stepped forward. Oh Sia, you have children now? She had missed so much in such a short amount of time. Three boys and a girl just like her first litter. She was so happy for him. Yes please, I would love to meet them, she answered, moving to his side to follow. How old are they? What are their names? Taki asked. She hoped they had northern names. How is Nanook? she asked next, remembering the early days of motherhood and how amazing they were, at least for her. She loved when her babies were small—the quiet moments spent feeding and sleeping curled up with them. I'm sure parenthood suits you both well. She momentarily forgot her worries when faced with the news of her niece and nephews. She couldn't wait to see them.
Inuttuk
Common

~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
As he expected the questions came fast and furious, and for the first time he was able to focus on something other than the agony squeezing the air out of his lungs and the rock that constantly sat on his chest. Of course her name caused him to falter slightly, a quick sharp intake of breath the only reaction he let show. His gaze shifted to the path a head, once again refusing to look at her. "They are about 4 weeks old, newborns still." Siarut avoided mentioning their mother at all costs, his throat closing slowly as he continued to speak about his children. They were so young, and already at such a disadvantage. For all the tradgedy that had befallen his life, Siarut had at least known the love of a mother. He had at least had that. His own children could not say the same. Wasn't he supposed to raise them to be better than himself.

"We named them; Selamuit, Kallik, Taktuq, and Ikiaq." Despite her last question, Siarut didn't immediately mention anything about her. But as they walked he realized he couldn't keep it from her for much longer. His steps slowed down, and he came to a gradual stop. Taking a deep breath, and casting his olive gaze on the clouds above. It had been raining on and off all day. Fitting his mood. He remained silent for a long time trusting Takiyok to understand and keep quiet.

Slowly he formed the words, even as he struggled to keep a sob smothered. "She's gone." Was all he could manage, for the moment. He could hardly breath as he uttered the words, making it real. That moment stretched for an eternity, she was gone.....forever. And he had to live with that for the rest of his life. That she was gone, and he was still here. He would never be whole again, and he had done nothing to keep her safe. It was all his fault. Finally he couldn't hold it anymore, a heavy, wet, sob dropped his head to the ground. Just as the rain started once again.
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Four weeks old. Oh, still babies, she agreed lovingly. She was sure they were all beautiful, too. How could they not be? And she loved their names, she recited them a few times in her head so that she could try and remember them. She couldn't wait to see them—see which ones looked like Sia and which ones looked like his mate. And four weeks meant they might be able to come out of the den a little; only for a little while, she knew, but she would love to get to see them play and learn. She was so lost in the moment and in the excitement of meeting Sia's children that she wasn't being her normal, intuitive self. She missed his intake of breath at the mention of Nanook, and she missed the desolation in his eyes as he cast a glance to the cloudy sky. She hadn't missed him stopping, and she had stopped with him, her gaze questioning as she finally took in his features. He was silent for some time, and dread began to spread icy fingers through her chest. She just stared at him, waiting for him to form the words to tell her whatever he needed to say.

And then the words he offered stole her ability to breath for a few seconds. The rain began to beat around them and then he was sobbing, and it all clicked. She knew this grief to some extent, and it resurfaced in the moments that she stood there, frozen as he sobbed. She and Stigmata hadn't even been mates but his death had taken a piece of her soul and left a darkness in its place. Tears formed in her own eyes and she moved forward to wrap around him. Sia, I'm so sorry, was all she managed to say. She didn't ask how it had happened or any of the other questions that might seem appropriate right then; she seemed to sense that he wouldn't be able to answer anyway. All she could do was offer him an embrace and grieve with him the way a loved one would. She would stay there too, the rain soaking their thick, snowy coats, for as long as he needed her comfort.
Inuttuk
Common

~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
She stood with him, as he shook and sobbed, the pain carried from his slumped shoulders to be shared between them. It was all to much. He couldn't think, he couldn't even breath without her. How was he supposed to do this, how was he supposed to raise his children on his own. He could barely even face them now considering what he had let happen. He couldn't raise them. When she died she took whatever made him believe he could be a good father. He had a shit father, and had no doubt that without her he too would be a shit father.

"I don't know what to do Taki." Her childhood nickname falling easily from his tongue. His voice was barely above a whisper and he wouldn't be surprised if she missed it all together. He doubted Takiyok really understood how much Nanook had meant to him, how much she had done for him. The way she held him together when nothing else would. His sister did not know the things Nanook knew. There were things that he had only ever told her, and now, now he was alone with his greatest burden. His mind.
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
His words broke her heart even more; she could hear the desperation in them, and she wished more than anything that she could just siphon his pain away and deal with it for him. It would be easier than watching him suffer so much. She swallowed and composed herself so that she could try and be the strong one for him right now. You have four children that need their father, she told him first. And they're all a part of her; you'll see her in them every day, I promise. She knew she could make that promise honestly because she had seen the same in her own children. And it might be hard for him to have that constant reminder of his mate at first, but she knew he would come to cherish having such a memory. 

I'll do anything I can to help, she promised him next. She just wanted to be able to do something for him, instead of sitting here watching him fall apart. And what about when she returned home? She had no idea what kind of support system he had here. The thought made her suddenly think of the pups. She almost didn't want to ask, but she wanted to make sure they were taken care of; he couldn't lose his children too. Who is feeding the children? she asked gently. Her hope was that they had already figured this out, but she had no idea when this had all actually happened. He seemed pretty torn apart, but she knew Sia, and she knew he would be that way for a long time.
Inuttuk
Common

~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
He almost wasn't sure he wanted to see Nanook in their children, and instantly he felt immense guilt. What a terrible thing to think. Yet another reason he knew he couldn't do this. But he had no other options, he could never abandon them. And he knew Takiyok was right, they were a part of her. They only part her had left. It would literally kill him to be separated from them. Selfishly he realized they were the only thing that gave his life reason. He could only nod as she continue to speak, his voice still shaky.

Clearing his throat he ultimately had to answer her question. Standing from the seated position they had unknowingly fallen into. He indicated they should continue to the den. "Valette, Nanook's sister had milk without her own pups this season." His voice didn't raise above a whisper, but he was trying to get his composure back together. He refused to appear weak to anyone. Even his sisters. Valette and Takiyok a like.
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
She felt him closing up again—she could almost see his stony exterior closing over him as he cleared his throat and stood up. It sounded like the pups were taken care of, which was good, but she could tell her brother was far from okay. Maybe she shouldn't have jumped right into take control and find ways to help mode, but like Sia, she had trouble just letting herself feel things; she needed to feel like she was in control, and she wanted to help him feel the same way. But maybe if she had just been there for him, he wouldn't have felt the need get his emotions under control.

She reluctantly followed, coming up beside him. Are you sure, Sia? she asked hesitantly. We don't have to do this right now. Of course she wanted to see the puppies, but his whole family had been through so much; she didn't want to add more stress to the mix.
Inuttuk
Common

~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
this idea came out of no where but i think it fits perfectly with both of them

A panic suddenly gripped him, and he paused once again. They hadn't gone far but the hesitation in her voice scared him, terrified him. He turned around much to quickly, a look of confusion on his brow. "No." He stated firmly, reminiscent of their earlier days, almost a command. "You must know them. And they must know you." There was an odd desperation in his tone, a pleading that was only barely visible over the harshness of his demeanor.

"If anything happened to me Takiyok...." He tapered off, not exactly sure where this feeling came from. "Please Taki, this is important to me. You must meet them." He took a step toward her then, and even though he tried to hide it there was a hint of fear in his eyes. Having not entirely composed himself, Siarut knew his mask was slipping.
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
He whipped around at her words, making her slow a little in surprise. Had he not been grieving right then, his command would have made her bristle. It had been a long time since it had been acceptable for him to talk to her that way. But his next words—the desperation she heard just under the surface, it made her forget whatever indignation had flared up before. Whatever had been in her expression before fell away. 

When he spoke again, it all made sense. If anything happened to him...Then I would make sure they're taken care of, she promised him. It was an easy promise; of course she would take care of his children. Just like he would do the same for her. He pleaded with her then, taking a step forward, and she searched his face for a moment, seeing the fear there even though he was trying to conceal it. Concern filled her expression, then. How could she not go see them now? Okay, Sia. Take me to them, Taki told him with a curt nod. She couldn't handle him looking at her like that. She motioned for him to lead the way so that she could follow.
Inuttuk
Common

~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
She easily agreed to his demands, and Siarut was instantly calmed by her assurances. It was a little easier to breath. He had of course known exactly what she said, he knew she would do exactly that if anything happened. But hearing her say it out loud. It was comforting. And Siarut needed it now, craved it almost.

He slowly turned back on the path toward the den. They weren't far now, and Siarut was anxious to return. His eyes roamed their surroundings warily. Even four days later, he still didn't feel unsafe. He shook out his pelt, trying to clear his anxious energy. But it didn't help much.

They came into view of the den, and Siarut wasn't surprised to find @Arlette roaming around outside. He ignored her for now, heading over to the den. He paused briefly, and looked at Takiyok. "Wait here for a minute." He wasn't sure what Valette would do if Takiyok got an closer, he had learned from past mistakes. As far as he knew they had never met, and he hadn't exactly asked permission for Taki to be allowed in the territory. He honestly wasn't sure what the pack policy on visitors was. But at the time he hadn't cared, now he realized was not the smartest thing to do. So to hopefully prevent any hurt feelings or unnecessary tension, he entered the den first. Informing Valette that his sister was here to meet his children. He preferred Val and Taki meet outside the den, in the fresh air with ample space, so he gently nosed all four of his kids. Waking them from whatever nap or suckling they might be in. "Come on slow pokes. We're going outside." He knew they couldn't understand him, but Nanook had talked to them, and said it would help them learn so he figured it couldn't hurt.

"There is someone for you to meet. She's very important to me." Siarut suddenly realized he wasn't sure if Valette knew what he was saying. He had always assumed she spoke the northern tongue just as her father and sister did. But he had never actually heard her speak it. It wasn't important in the moment, but he would remember to mention it later.

@Taktuq @Ikiaq @Kallik come meet your aunt if you want.... if you don't want to join this thread you'll be pp'd sticking to Siarut's side, and you can assume from now on that you have met Takiyok
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

34 Posts
Ooc — Keg
Selamuit had been in the middle of his midday meal, and was rather upset that his father was interrupting. But he was also excited to go outside. It was a rare occasion in the last couple of days. Siarut imprisoning them in the confines of the whelping den. He couldn't stand the thought of them wandering to far from him, and the dangers that lurked for such young pups. But he figured there were at least four adults outside, the one to one odds were in their favour today, and Siarut was finally letting them out.

Selamuit wagged his little tail as he stumbled toward the exit. His father spoke to him, but he didn't understand a lick of what was said. Instead he babbled away to himself "Bah bum buh bom." The boy mumbled as he continued the long trek to the edge of the den. But finally he made it. And it was raining! He had never seen rain before. His little jaw hung open as he stared at the clouds, trying to watch the droplets falling from the sky. He was so distracted he didn't recognize there were two new faces he had never met looming outside.
33 Posts
Ooc —
going by the souls puppy guide - they're about 3-4 years mentally, and iki remembers stuff.

Ikiaq slept a lot, these past couple of days. They were fortunate enough to be in the weaning process, to where he didn't have to suckle much, because he wanted Nanook and only Nanook. The boy was stubborn, too, curled into a tiny ball and scooted a little bit away from everyone else. If his siblings wanted, he would cuddle, but there was hardly any initiated contact from the youngest Ateneq. There was almost an aversion now, because the one wolf he wanted touch from no longer existed and he couldn't understand that yet. 

The boy jumped a bit when his father touched him, blue eyes blinking blearily up at him before he realized what was happening. Were they all going out? Into the bad place?

Getting to his feet, Ikiaq backed up quickly to the very back of the den, eyes wide and tail tucked. There was no way he was going out there.
636 Posts
Ooc — hela
Guardian
Kallik ate and slept most of the time since that traumatic day. He had no aversion to Valette because he associated her with comfort and safety, just like papa. The absence of his mother was noticed, though. She had been their main source of all the things he knew and liked, and she had never come back after she left the den that day. He didn't really understand any of it; all he knew was that he had been scared and things had been confusing and he never wanted to feel that way again. It had been a scarring experience, even for someone as young as Kallik, and since then he had been quiet. There was no more babbling and no more curiosity about the world; he only wanted what was familiar and safe, and any deviation reminded him of how he felt that day. Even if papa had allowed them to leave the den, he wouldn't have even tried. The den was safe, and he just wanted safe. 

A cold nose made him wake with a start and a whimper before he realized it was papa. He had no idea what he was saying to them but the implication was clear: he wanted them to follow him outside. Selamuit went willingly and Ikiaq absolutely refused; Kallik was somewhere in between. He hesitated for a few moments, unsure at first whether or not he would leave the den. But papa was there, and eventually, he decided that if he was there then they would be okay. He looked worriedly at Ikiaq and then toddled from the den after papa and brother. 

There were two new wolves outside, and he glanced to each of them warily before moving over to papa's front leg and immediately attaching himself to it. He peered at the two unknown women again, but stayed glued to what he knew was safe.
Inuttuk
Common
with every heartbeat i have left
141 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
Taktuq was a different child. Nanook's unexpected departure had troubled her deeply, leaving only a shell of the enthusiastic, curious, and lively girl that she had once been. Taktuq had no desire to explore, and instead, choose to stick close to Valette and her brothers; safety was all that she craved. 

Siarut entered the den when Taktuq was watching, and slowly she lifted her head from her outstretched arms. Like Valette, Siarut was a figure that elicited a sense of security—she felt safe when he was around. Her tail lazily swept against the nest's bedding as he approached. When Siarut spoke, Taktuq didn't understand at first, but his nudging translated: he wanted them to follow. The children reacted differently—their emotions ranging from concern to compliance. Taktuq chose to follow without much thought, as felt safe with Siarut. As they moved, she decided to position herself as close to his legs as she could physically manage. 

When they made it outside, Taktuq hesitated for a moment as her eyes adjusted to the sunlight. It had been a few days since she had been out of the den, and the brightness affected her. When Taktuq's vision returned to normal, she realized that they were not alone. Glancing cautiously at the strangers with large, doe-like eyes, Taktuq gravitated towards the front leg that Kallik had chosen.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette heard someone outside and grew alert. The female relaxed when it was Sia with the explanation that his sister came to look at the babies. She nodded and was ready to get outside the den when she noticed that the pups weren't really into that idea, except for Sela. Eventually the other two came around and followed their dad. It was only Iki that was at the back of the den. Valette had promised that she would never abandon them. "I will be out in a minute Sia," she spoke apologetically.

She moved to Iki and gave him a comforting lick. "It is okay to be scared, Iki," she spoke to him in soft tones. He probably might not understand it yet, but she hoped her tone would work. "Why don't you join your father and siblings?," she asked, when she did she stood up and wagged her tail. She knew pups could read that at least. She sank through her front paws and wagged her tail encouragingly again. "Sia, can you call for Ikiaq?," she asked, then followed by a soft woof that the young pup could do it. She would only leave after he did so he wouldn't be left behind.
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
She stopped a good distance from the entrance to the den, knowing she might not be welcome any closer with the pups still so young and her being a stranger to everyone other than Sia. She would not have been too happy to have a stranger close to her den while her pups were young. 

She heard Sia's voice inside but wasn't really able to make out what he was saying. Within minutes, he was coming back out of the den, soon followed by the first pup who seemed more preoccupied with the rain than anything else going on. Taki watched him as she waited for the rest to join them, her gaze moving to the second child as he made his way from the den and gravitated towards Sia's leg. He looked at her and the other woman worriedly but didn't really do much else. The third puppy came from then den then and settled near her brother. Neither seemed too confident about being outside, and she began to wonder if this was a bad idea, but she didn't dare voice her concern to Sia. Instead, she lowered herself down to the lay on the ground. Hello, she said softly to the three that were out. I'm your Aunt Taki. She watched them, hoping they would grow curious and come over to her. 

The fourth puppy didn't come out, and after a few minutes, she heard a voice call out to her brother from the inside then den, asking if he could call for Ikiaq. It sounded like the last child didn't want to come out, and Taki wanted to just leave him be, but she wouldn't insert herself into the situation.
Inuttuk
Common

~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
Of course he didn't miss the hesitation in their eyes, or the delay in their steps. Instantly he felt guilty, for pushing them before they were truly ready. But, the desperation he had expressed to Taki only a couple minutes before still gripped his heart. His children would know their family. He was absolutely terrified to leave them alone should something ever happen to him. But there was no explaining that to them, they were still so young.

He stood adjacent to his younger sister, waiting for all four to make their appearance. Selamuit was first, and the amazement at the rain was rather adorable, but Sia couldn't even crack a smile. And then Kallik and Taktuq, who were both determined to stick to him like glue. Not that he minded. He wouldn't move away from them, for he would never deny them comfort, especially when they were scared and nervous as he could tell they were now. Instead he too joined his sister on the ground, lying down and rolling onto his hip. He slowly wagged his tail, and forced an encouraging smile on his face, that didn't quite reach his eyes.

Hearing Valette within the den, Siarut was tempt to simply going and get his son. But he wasn't so cruel as to actually do it. He turned his attention to the den entrance, and gave a deep calming chuff, before calling the boys name gently. "Ikiaq. Come here please." Siarut cast an eye observing the surrounding for a moment, safety check. "It's safe out here, son. I won't let anything happen to you." Still knew at the fatherhood thing, Siarut wasn't sure if Ikiaq or any of his children would find his tone comforting. But he tried his best. Once again he turned his full attention on the den, his head turned over his shoulder. Siarut kept a gentle sway to his tail even as it was soon covered in dirt and mud. Hopefully if he acted relaxed they would understand it was safe. That Takiyok was safe.
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

34 Posts
Ooc — Keg
The rain continued to drop, but the voice was more interesting. It wasn't his mother. How he was still waiting on to return. But it was a stranger. Furrowing his brow, Selamuit toddled over to his father. His siblings resting against the much larger man. Sela situated himself in front of his brother and sister, between them and Taki. He gave her a curious yet wary glance, the rain was one thing to be excited about, but he had never met a stranger before. Only Siarut, Nanook, and Valette, had ever been in the den and they had been around as long as he could remember, which wasn't far. But still. She spoke, and lowered herself to the ground, but Sela still wasn't sure.

The boy leaned back, into his siblings. Before realizing one was missing. Selamuit was hesitant to do anything without his younger brother amongst them. The four of them had always been together. So he waited for Ikiaq before deciding what he would do next.
33 Posts
Ooc —
After being dragged out of the den for what he'd later realize was his mother's funeral, Ikiaq hadn't so much as ventured near the entrance to the den again. That place was terrifying, and it took his mother away, and he didn't want to go anywhere. So here was where he intended to stay, for as long as he possibly could. His aunt and father seemed intent to force him out, though, both attempting at comfort. 

But it was really his siblings that drove Ikiaq out. The three of them following Siarut into the light caused a tug in the brown pup's chest - he didn't want to be without them. They were in danger, and... he probably couldn't do much, but at least he could be there. Kind of. 

Without a sound, Iki approached the entrance to the den, pawsteps slow and careful. He didn't leave the den itself, blue eyes scanning from individual to individual outside. What did they want from them?