Totoka River with lips made of glass
743 Posts
Ooc — viz
Master Warrior
Rogue
All Welcome 
set some days after this. vague but written because i had the muse.

in the soft tresses of golden morning sunrise, praimfaya stirs awake to the realization that it is the first time since the fight in the bloodlet forest that she feels well rested. the improvement is a slight; a modicum of how she could feel but she takes it to be a good sign all the same. she blinks her eyes open slowly, consolation rushing through her like the gentle recede of the tide as she realizes that despite her uncertainty days before she has not lost the sight in her left eye. the woman only managed to damage the flesh around it, then. clear of the blood that agitated it previously; clotted and scabbing as it was, she can see out of it fine. to masquerade as if she wasn't afraid that would've been the case would be a blatant lie.

slowly, praimfaya stretches, testing ... not wishing to disturb her healing wounds, nor the meticulous work of the woman that ( had ) attend(ed) her during her darkest hours. she winces quickly at the slight pull of muscle beneath split flesh in her right shoulder and then again in her throat, more careful than to recoil ...as if she could draw away from it.

she smacks her lips together, noting the smarting along her muzzle and slowly, carefully, pushes herself to her paws, favoring her weight upon her right shoulder as she pads the short distance to the river's bank where she tries to bow her head to drink. it is a slow process, drawing a few stabs of pain; further as she laps at the cool water and the action of swallowing causes the wounds to smart again and again. she ignores it, pushes against and then past. her thirst is greater and by denying herself life essentials would be a disservice to the healers whom tended her.
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
A stroll beside the river, a stop for a drink. The flowing water beat against her black lips and she drank, thirsty, energy deprived from leadership, motherhood, the stress of a new enemy nearby. There were many things she had to protect, and many things to protect from- and it weighed heavily on her soul. And so she released a sigh as she pulled up from the water, only to notice another nearby. Pale with dark shadows beneath her eyes and fairly fresh injuries upon her body. Seaglass eyes scoured the figure that stood some yards down the bank, and curiosity pulled her to approach with a gentle chuff. Greetings, stranger. You are hurt? She questions with a cant of her head as she halts some feet away, settling into a seat upon her haunches.
743 Posts
Ooc — viz
Master Warrior
Rogue
soft footfalls in the loamy earth. an effete chuff. praimfaya's frostbound gaze moves to take in the figure; first, quick glimpse bringing the name of illidan? to her tongue only to catch herself last second. the eyes were the wrong color, the figure also wrong. a soft swell catches in her injured throat, and her mouth feels stuffed with cottony disappointment. neither woman's fault, she is quick to disregard it before it can make its play across her injured face. hei, praimfaya greets the other woman in trigedasleng; drawing comfort from her favored tongue as if it were a security blanket. she is far from sagtannet, too hurt to even think about making the trip back, to the south lay the bloodied forest where her enemy dwells and she, presently, trusts her life to complete ( though unarguably helpful ) strangers.

there is a woman that dwells in the forest south of here, praimfaya gestures in the direction of ravensblood forest with her muzzle, careful not to pull too much at the healing wounds. she thinks that two are enough to claim it and when i did not recognize her word as claim and tried to pass through she attacked. though praimfaya takes much comfort from the fact that she is not the only one hurting

...and the next time their paths crossed praimfaya would not fight with honor. she would fight to kill.
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
The woman greeted her easily with what she perceived as a hey. Her answer to the question is simple- a woman in the forest. When Praimfaya gestured, Huā nodded, recalling the place from when she had lived beside it on the plateau. Was it inhabited now? By a mere two? At least when the two women from the Amaranthine Keep had started their claim, they'd had the brains to know that it was not enough yet to get violent with visitors. They had even allowed guests to pass through as they pleased until things became more real- and to her that was smarts, and she had seen a potential ally in them. 

As for delusional women on the coast with a violent attitude... Huā knew of one which she had met near here in the days prior, with her subordinates. The woman had been alone, and yet somehow fought for her right to hunt the large game in the nearby colony that would support Yuèlóng's growing young- and not even a hunt, considering upon Huā's arrival the woman had been wreaking useless havoc. Fought for her right to stir up trouble. 

It seem there is useless violence every where these day. Forgive my ask, but might that woman be a mottle brown, green eye? And her companion, have you see him? I not try to in-interrogate you when you hurting, but they maybe will be danger to my nearby pack, She explained as her brows twisted themselves into a worrisome knot, and she padded to settle somewhat closer to the woman in an attempted show of solidarity and trust. If she could help to aid her wounds she would, but unfortunately Huā knew nothing of healing.
743 Posts
Ooc — viz
Master Warrior
Rogue

it is unfair to claim that praimfaya was entirely clear of blame and she admits that her pride clouded her judgement but this conviction simply wavers as the woman who reminds her illidan and blackhead speaks, describing the woman that attacked her. sha, praimfaya breathes. yes. that is her. she corrects herself, giving a small, minuscule bob of her head in agreement. he intervened with our fight. i met him prior ...had a friendly spar with him, even. praimfaya's lips pull terse and her tail flicks against her silvered hocks. he is sensible. she is a loose canon, frostbound gaze hardens slightly as she peers from the stranger to the rippling river. i do not know if even he can control her.

and really, it wasn't any of praimfaya's business.

i'd be weary all the same. is her opinion as both commander and warrior; though she takes no pleasure in meddling in politics of packs that she is no part of.
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
Yes. That is her, the woman confirms, and Huā nods her head as her brow furrowed as if she'd known all along. Causing trouble in nature, and now harming one who was... essentially innocent, in Huā's eyes. If she had been barred from passing through the bay those months ago, by just two, she would've been equally indifferent to the borders. Two was not a claim worth this much violence, she thought as she looked the woman over. It was a dreadful sight, and she did not wish it upon any members of Yuèlóng. If she had the strength, she would drive them out of their land herself, make them relocate- but she was no Hydra, was small and with little strength, and doubted she could do much without the help of other armies. 

As for the man... sensible, a peacemaker. Huā did not tie these traits to Donovan, whom she had only witnessed tearing at beloved Aiolos' throat for trying to assist his kidnapped friend. The dots did not connect there, and the empress figured she had not met the male whom Priamfaya spoke of at all. 

There was a warning then. I will be. And I must warn my people... worst would be see my own brood hurt like you are. She breathed in a sigh, now knowing the lengths of that maternal instinct which she had discussed with Tzila. Anyway. Enough about the enemy- Forgive me, I not know healing, ah- you want me call doctor here? Or you will be okay, Miss...? She questioned, and realized she had not revieved her name, trailing off to allow the girl to fill it in if she wished.
743 Posts
Ooc — viz
Master Warrior
Rogue

praimfaya knows that would it be roangeda or crogeda in this woman's predicament: a hostile pack ...or perhaps a pack with violate and hostile members ... she would take immediate action. she was lucky that she'd had many warriors — herself among them — and could call upon crogeda to fight for her and their kith. but roangeda had fallen a long time ago and praimfaya sees no need in calling upon crogeda to deal with one bothersome and violate woman. and i am a trained warrior. praimfaya murmurs in solemn agreement. she was close to earning her mastery and she suspects that was why she'd walked out of there at all ( never mind donovan's interception ). regardless of the woman's skill level — praimfaya didn't know and hadn't cared to ask — she was unpredictable, unhinged even and that made her dangerous.

my wounds are being tended to, but thank you for the offer. praimfaya assures the seawoman with a soft smile of thanks, reminding the healing wanheda that she owes her life to stryx and sugar glider. praimfaya. my name is praimfaya.
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
Praimfaya adds that she is a trained warrior herself, which has Huā's worry heightened, realizing that many of her own wolves were not warriors, could likely be torn to shreds by a little misstep like this. Huā was grateful to recieve this information from the woman- you always wanted to know more about the enemy, in order to ensure you were prepared for whatever may transpire. This information would swiftly be delivered to the Yuèlóngians- and compiled with a couple other experiences, could make for a good case against these violent and unhinged people, by informing the nearby allies. 

Praimfaya shared that her wounds were already being cared for, and so Huā nodded, slightly relieved that she would not have to scrounge for a medic. Praimfaya. I am Huā, a dip of black head, I am very grateful for you share all this- it will help many people to stay safe. I hope that I bring my ally together against common enemy too... She trailed off, realizing she was slipping into her own plans which might not particularly interest the hurting wanheda.
743 Posts
Ooc — viz
Master Warrior
Rogue
hua; the woman introduces herself as. a strange name, as far as praimfaya was concerned ...but she's come to expect that most names will sound strange to her when she is used to hearing ones in trigedasleng. if you do find yourself in a fight against her she goes for the throat first. predictable but effective. make sure you don't give her the chance. it doesn't take much imagination for praimfaya to picture what would happen to anyone who wasn't trained — nearly a master warrior. no doubt such a move would be the end of their days.

well, if you ever do decide to stand against her and her partner now's the time. strike them when they're small. her tactician mind began to take over. even if you can't chase them off, make them realize that making enemies in these wilds is a war they will not survive. i'd be happy to help.

praimfaya pauses then and lets out a small, breathy laugh. well, once i'm healed that is.
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
Ears perked forward intently as Praimfaya described the tactic which the woman would use, and Huā jotted it down to save for later. Although she did not wish to find herself in a fight against them... Praimfaya was right. Last time Yuèlóng has silenced the woman quickly due to the difference in numbers. But if Huā ever encountered her alone, things might not be so easy. 

Now's the time

Strike them while they're small

Make them realize that making enemies in these wilds is a war they will not survive.

These words were resonating with Huā, already the gears in her head were beginning to turn with plans. Plans of ways to prepare for whatever might happen, plans of how to show that Yuèlóng was not one to be fucked with- nor any of its allies. Even if Huā did not know Praimfaya's pack, already she was offering herself as an eventual battle-ally, and so the empress continued, Thank you so much, Praimfaya. I think you right; it is best to put out a flame before it become a fire. If ever I need seek you out for assistance, where I can find you?
743 Posts
Ooc — viz
Master Warrior
Rogue
this seems like a good place to wrap this up! feel free to archive as is or reply once more.

though the desire to assure hua that she is right, praimfaya resists for the sake of not wanting to sound arrogant. instead, she simply bobs her head — wincing as the action pulls at the mending, still open flesh — in abstract agreement. when i am well enough i will return to sagtannet, she responds and gestures in the general direction of sawtooth spire with a paw in lieu of her muzzle. on sawtooth spire. that is where you will find me.

praimfaya lets out a soft sigh.

i should get back before my healers begin to worry, a pause and soft smile borne of an infant camaraderie is offered. until we meet again. and with those words, she takes her leave, limping her way back to the makeshift infirmary stryx and sugar glider made up for her.