Deepwood Weald tyger tyger, burning bright
360 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Medic
Ranger
All Welcome 
I'm making a few vague assumptions and tagging for reference; let me know if I need to make any changes! :)

Rain fell hard through much of the morning, tapering off as midday approached. Leaving @Praimfaya in @Stryx's capable care, Sugar ventured west, hoping to find food and possibly supplies. What she really wanted to do was go back to Moonspear and fetch @Opalia, though it would take too much time. Their patient's wellbeing was her first priority; notifying her next of kin was secondary. Perhaps she could go in a few days, when Praimfaya was in better shape.

Her hunt led her into one of the stranger forests she'd ever seen, tucked between a tall plateau and deep quarry. She soon lost sight of them as she ventured among the freakishly tall trees. Sugar fancied herself a scout, even a ranger, yet it wasn't long before she became lost in the woods, especially with a fog from the morning's rain creeping along the forest floor to further disorient her.

The trees thinned ahead and Sugar loped in that direction, game forgotten for now, inhaling sharply when she emerged into weak sunlight and saw a familiar mountain in the distance. Her heart thudded when she realized how much farther she'd traveled than intended. She immediately began to backtrack, then paused when a second realization struck her.

Quickly, Sugar tossed her snout into the air. "Opalia, if you can hear me, this is Sugar! I've found Praimfaya! I can take you to her!"

Title from "The Tyger" by William Blake.
523 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Guardian
Making some assumptions! Please PM if I'm incorrect.
The stranger's call for Opalia, coupled with the mention of Priamfaya, caused the hairs along Osiris's neck to rise. From what he knew, his former packmate had vanished without a word—during a time in which Moonspear needed her most. Everything about Sugar Gilder's howl did not sit right with him. Not wanting Opalia to leave, Osiris took matters into his own hands. 

"No," he quickly commanded in a loud howl, his words directed at @Opalia. Osiris needed more information before allowing the reunion to happen; he expected her to obey, as he outranked her. "Stay." 

Then, to @Priamfaya, he asked, "Why did you leave when we needed you?"  Osiris did not know Priamfaya's whereabouts, but he had assumed that she was with "Sugar". 

"Where did you go?"
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
The howl that came from the Wilds was heard from Hydra; and her sons rejoinder filled her with some sort of pride. Praimfaya had gone, and now she was found; Hydra had heard that she was not with Sugar Glider, and that she could be taken to her. Osiris therefore sang to ears that could not hear, but the point remained the same. Hydra had known that Praimfaya had been alive and well all before this, but had, in fact, left them thanks to the news shared from Norah and Tundra on her tale for independent revenge. If she wanted to do so independently, and this was why she was hurt, that was her mistake. In Hydra's mind, Praimfaya had abandoned what had become her kru, Moonspear, and who was left of it... Opalia. 

If Opalia wanted to know for herself, Hydra could understand that much. But Opalia had remained when her own brother had passed, and Praimfaya had not even elected to invite her as friend, comrade, or subordinate on the journey. Hydra hoped that Opalia heeded the call of Osiris, if only because Hydra valued her independent of all of that. But Hydra had come to see that loyalty was a very fickle thing, even from family. Perhaps Opalia would go regardless, and not feel the sting of Praimfaya's abandonment without a word as keenly as Hydra had. 

cameo!
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
spectrelight
260 Posts
Ooc —
Low on the slopes for the damp morning, hearing that effectively stopped her in her tracks. Her ears turned, and it slowly set in.

Sugar had found Praimfaya.. and with this realization surged a great many things, several conflicting but all heavy--now after so long, especially. When she picked her paws back up again, another song shot her. No. No? No why? Stay. She grit her teeth, wondering suddenly what they expected from her for wanting to see her brother's once-prized charge for herself. Did they think she would run off like she had, without a word or seemingly, second thought? None of that was her intention but the wounded girl in her had been hurt, confused, when she was already ailing from losing the truest bond she had ever known. She just had to see for her own. Was there harm in that? Would that really seal her fate so simply..?

She didn't think the alpha's son was far from her, but would make her case. As she began through the trees towards him, she had to answer first: "Sugar.. please wait for me.." she sang loudly before her focus went all towards finding the yearling her brother had saved, and quickly.

Osiris.. she addressed, stepping towards him with her ears swung outward, posture hovering more towards respectful with every long stride closer. He out-sized her more than ever before--he'd grown since being some pup needing a rescue, but that was well beside the point. She had to explain. Please understand that I have questions for her too, and I did not search as long as I did to lose this chance--even if it may be the last time I have to ask, I need to see her for myself, and get these answers too. She left me behind without a word when my brother died, as well.. Some of Dacio's last words, don't lose each other, rang in her head when she feared that she already had; she had blinked, succumbed to grief, and then she was gone just like that.

The nature of the wanheda's leave (to the pack that had taken them in when they needed it most) had not settled well with them, she recognized this, but that did not mean she was to make the same choice. Her father had raised her to be more steadfast than that and by the nature she had grown into herself, she was resolute. My loyalty remains to you, your family. I would not need to be long, and I asked Sugar Glider to keep an eye out for her on her travels too.. she didn't want to plead, but, Praimfaya was some of the last of her history that still walked among them. She craved answers, or closure, or just to see her one last time and know that her brother's teachings lived on.. whichever she may be met with.
i feel like the pacing of this is a hot mess and also kinda assumed osi was.. somewhere vaguely near her too
360 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Medic
Ranger
A voice she didn't know replied, catching Sugar off guard. "No," the stranger instructed imperiously, "stay." Was he speaking to her? His next question puzzled her even more. "Why did you leave when we needed you?" Black eyes blinked as she struggled to make sense of these demands. Then Opalia cut in to add, "Sugar, please wait for me," and it slowly dawned on her that the male's commands and questions couldn't have been meant for her, surely? They were aimed at Opalia and... perhaps Praimfaya herself?

"Of course I'll wait. I'm in the woods right beside the quarry," Sugar howled. "Praimfaya isn't with me. She's been very badly hurt and we've been tending to her elsewhere." She didn't mention Stryx by name, as it seemed like an unnecessary detail, nor did she give away their location now that she understood how many other ears might be listening to this exchange. But she hoped that information sufficed for the nameless third party on the line.

She came a little farther out of the trees to settle closer to the quarry's edge to await Opalia. Although apprehensive and restless, she forced herself to sit and think about what she'd just heard. She knew so little about the women's relationship and Praimfaya's history with Moonspear. She supposed she would hear the full story soon.

You two are more than welcome to skip me! Just tag me and I'll jump back in when Opalia's ready to meet up with Sugar. :)
523 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Guardian
No worries! I was super duper vague!

Sugar Glider provided information that intrigued Osiris—namely Priamfaya's condition. Although he would never admit it, he felt contented by the report; perhaps her injury could be attributed to her abandonment of Moonspear—karma for what she'd done. These feelings were new to him, and he pushed them aside for now. There would be time later to reflect upon his vindictive thoughts. For now, he had to concentrate on the situation at hand. 

"Opalia," Osiris greeted in return, his ears pushing forward and his tail lifting as he watched her approach. She went on to explain her motivation, and it was then that he understood—she needed as much closure as he did. "Alright," Osiris decided easily with a lick of his chops. "I trust you." After all, Opalia had returned to Moonspear. She had chosen his family over hers; her loyalty had been tested, and she had passed. "Check in with me once you return. I know that I am not the only one who is curious about what happened."
spectrelight
260 Posts
Ooc —
Hearing back from Sugar Glider gave her some solace, but did not strip her of the urgency she still felt about this--not at all wanting to keep the medic waiting when who knew what else she might need to be doing. Now, she justified it in knowing Praimfaya was injured out there, and it gave rise to a whole slew of new questions. Was it the wolves that had attacked Osiris in the first place? Or was there an entirely different threat out there? The Wilds were full of surprises, and the wanheda had been gone from her keep for moons now. Who knew..

But, she had to first secure this much with the agouti yearling and it seemed her words had cut true already. She nodded first, relieved that he did not seem to need more convincing out of her for this--which, good. A piece of her had been prepared to offer him coming too if he needed to keep tabs on the situation and hear it for himself, but honestly, she preferred him at the Spear, alongside his siblings to protect the rest. Since he took it with only her explanation, that much kept off her tongue. As her months on the search had proven, they could get by without her, though she didn't like turn-tailing on them right now with young among them either. Thankfully, it was a strong pack built on a firm foundation, so, she had to chase this loose end of hers while the opportunity remained present.

Thank you, she replied, for lack of anything greater in the moment when her thoughts rushed wildly. She hoped she kept the sigh of relief then carefully contained. Your mother told me what she knew already.. and I appreciate that. I will let you know what I find out, she added for any extra assurances and lingered a bit for anything else he might see fit to add before she turned to set off towards the woods @Sugar Glider mentioned. Be there soon, she thought, willing herself into her quickest pace when the landscapes allowed. She had a lot else to think on, and hopefully reuniting with Praimfaya was just one.
360 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Medic
Ranger
While she waited, Sugar's attention kept returning to the edge of the nearby quarry. Eventually, she rose onto all fours again and ventured over to take a closer look. Her white toes dug into the shale at the lip, a little bit of scree tumbling down into the chasm. Just looking down there made her a little dizzy, though Sugar fought the impulse to back away. Drawing in a breath, she arched her head over the ledge and spotted some pools far below. Even from a distance, the waters looked breathtakingly clear. But Sugar withdrew after a beat, deciding she wasn't much of one for heights.

And wasn't that ironic? But before Sugar could contemplate how unnecessarily difficult she might be making her life these days, Opalia appeared from the direction of Moonspear. Sugar turned and trotted to meet her in the middle, greeting her friend with a nod and quiet, "Hello." She wanted to say more, perhaps ask about the strange voice which had interrupted their exchange, but instead she said only, "Come, it's this way. It might take all night to get there." She paused after issuing the warning, just in case this would cause any (further?) trouble.
523 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Guardian
Last post from me! Sorry to hold this up!

Osiris nodded; he would need to check-in with Hydra. "Very well," he drawled, his voice lacking emotion. With a sway of his tail, Osiris then prompted, "Be safe, and be sure to check in with me—I will be waiting." 

Osiris lingered until Opalia was out of sight. Then, without another word, Osiris abandoned his post to visit @Hydra —there was much for them to discuss, and he wanted to make sure that she was aware of his decision.
spectrelight
260 Posts
Ooc —
She took Osiris' parting words for all she was able, though it was difficult to tell exactly how convinced he was. His lack of further resistance was the best thing she could hope for really, and following up after it was all said and done was not impossible. She would call for him when she got back, but without knowing what precisely waited for her out there, the Drakru did not know what all she might return with.

Finding Sugar was a welcome distraction. When she had her in her sights, it was all looking forward from here. Hei, she breathed, tail swaying, but above all--all ears, now that hopefully all the complication she needed was behind her. Anticipation had welled up enough given the circumstances, and did not want to make this take any longer. Lead the way, she agreed, no resistance, no matter how long it took, or how far the road would carry. She could find out more once they got there, and was ready to spring into motion once more at the medic's heading.
360 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Medic
Ranger
Opalia merely told her to, "Lead the way." Sugar nodded, giving her acquaintance a thin-lipped smile and beginning to turn and do just that. Before she began moving her feet, she did pause to say, "She's in rough shape but I'm fairly certain she's out of the woods now." Hopefully that gave Opalia some relief, knowing they weren't rushing to her friend's deathbed, though Sugar began moving in the next instant, making haste toward where she'd left Praimfaya and Styx.