Greatwater Lake i follow rivers
12 Posts
Ooc — vae
Private 
here ya go, liv! for @Nyra

Nycteria made a point to keep to the flatlands.  While she was growing accustomed to this territory, she first needed to ascertain what she could of the populace.  That was easier said than done, of course.  While she could certainly smell other wolves, she knew enough to understand she couldn't very well traipse onto their territory without incident.  Her social knowledge was limited, but her birth-pack had taught her well enough about boundaries.  That was common sense to virtually all wolves:  no trespassing.  So, this was going to be a bit more difficult than she initially surmised.  Fine.  She enjoyed a challenge.

Hugging the water's edge, she approached the lake for a drink.  She didn't really have a set schedule.  Such was the life of a nomad.  What would another rest hurt?  Her lavender eyes glinted as she drank the fresh lake-water.  Perhaps this place wasn't so bad.  She was certainly homesick, but thus far, she had been treated to rather lovely scenery.  The real struggle was going to be navigating pack politics, or so she supposed.  The only pack she'd ever known was her mother's; the members of that pack were her aunts and other relatives.  Now that she was alone, she had to develop an identity outside of her comfort zone.  She lifted her head, water still dripping from her chin.  Oh, well. There was really no sense in overthinking it -- not now, anyway.
This is my art, and it is dangerous
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
There was absolutely zero realistic sense Nyra should be away from home, especially this far out, and especially this injured, triple especially while still healing. A lot. 
The giant beastess limped up to the great lake, noticing a darker form off a little ways. Nyra tilted her head curiously and took a slow walk in the other's direction, sniffing as she drew nearer, keeping her fur flat and her appearance as unthreatening as possible. If this wolf was a fighter, or aggressive, she could not risk an immediate set-off by being on edge. 
"Hello?" The Titaness chuffed out softly, swiveling her ears.
Fury is in peak condition
Health (100/100)
Fury claims a +6 buff in all combat dice rolls
12 Posts
Ooc — vae
She hadn't been expecting company.  In truth, it was the sound of the other wolf's voice that drew her attention in the first place.  It was hardly a proud moment for Nycteria, but she was still learning. "Oh," she blinked, looking the massive, injured wolf up and down with uninhibited surprise. Were all wolves in this area so huge?  She willed her hackles to stay down. "Am I on your land? she wondered conversationally and without an ounce of aggression.  It wasn't in Nycteria's nature to be so.  Though she certainly didn't consider herself submissive, she supposed that if she had to choose between the two roles, she likely fell into that category.  It was that and, well, she doubted she could take this stranger even if she was wounded.

"You look hurt. I know a few good herbs for that," came her simple observation.  Perhaps she could garner favor with this warrior.  It certainly wouldn't hurt.
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
The fellow shewolf seemed nervous, at least a little bit. 
Nyra shook her head slowly, "My home is back that way..." She answered slowly, softly - gesturing with her muzzle to the mountains behind her from which she had come relatively Westward from, which within held the canyon she and her pack called home. Redsand Canyon. 
"I appreciate your offer to help. Perhaps the medic where I live would be happy to take on an apprentice, or a partner of sorts...?" The titan seemed to consider this with a light tilt of her large head, but she didn't have the gleam in her eye that might've been telling of forcing the darker she-wolf to come with her. It was -probably- clear that her words were an indirect offer to take her back to the Canyon, where the brownish she-wolf's healing skills may be of use.
Health (100/100)
12 Posts
Ooc — vae

Nycteria's eyes followed the stranger's gesture.  She gazed off into the distance, able to see red mountains rather distinctly.  They were difficult to miss. "Huh," the sound escaped her lips before she cared to stop it.  It was a curious vocalization, spurred on by the fact that she'd never seen mountains so red before in her life.  Why hadn't she noticed them before?  It was entirely likely that it was because she came from a place that didn't even have mountains.  There were large boulders and rocks, but Artemiseum was largely woodlands.  Still, she digressed.  Nycteria returned to the conversation with her interest piqued, particularly at the white she-wolf's alleged proposal.

"I believe that I, perhaps, misrepresented myself," one of her ears twitched as a subtle smile progressed across her soft features. "I am no healer. I am a priestess." 'A Witch,' was what she didn't say.  Nycteria didn't yet know how these wolves felt about witchcraft and the like.  Her mother and aunts had warned her of distrusting outsiders her entire life. "My name is Nycteria.  Who are you, warrior?  That is what you are, yes?" She indicated her companion's injuries with a gesture of her muzzle.
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
"I am Nyra. The word Priestess is familiar to me...I was once a Witch myself. Though, not everyone knows that. I am one of three sisters, born the daughters to the High Priest and Priestess of said Cult." She offered in return, "Though yes, you are correct. I am a warrior." 
The behemmoth female stalked a bit closer with her head low. Nothing challenging, just simply...tired. Though she was still considerably young at a ripe 3 1/2 years, her body was still healing from the fight with the bear-wolves on the other side of the crimson mountains. 
"Craft, as I call it, isn't quite as foreign as it may appear. You just have to know with who that information is safe." She shrugged, trying her best to stay at an unthreatening distance while still being close enough to hear each other without yelling.
Health (100/100)
12 Posts
Ooc — vae
Nycteria showed visible surprise at Nyra's confession.  She didn't anticipate finding another wolf here who knew of her trade or her craft.  For whatever reason, it had never occurred to her that there were witches outside her own pack.  She supposed, in retrospect, it made sense.  Then again, was that not why she was out on her own, now?  To learn everything that she couldn't in the ranks and comforts of her coven?  Her eyes stayed trained on Nyra.  She noticed that she moved closer.  Was she hesitant?  It seemed an odd thing to be, as large as the white wolf was.  Maybe it was something else.

"I won't bite," she assured Nyra with her most charismatic smile. "Perhaps it is custom for wolves to do battle with one another here, but that is not so where I am from.  I will do no harm to you." It remained to be seen whether or not the pack wolf would believe her.  To Nycteria, it was neither here nor there.  The fact of the matter was, the priestess showed no signs of aggression.  It was up to the warrior to decide her trustworthiness. "You, too, were apart of a mystery cult?" She was intrigued. "I did not know that there were others. That is why I am here now, to learn new information.  Did you worship the Goddess, also?" A pause followed then.  This mention of Craft as well as Nyra's thinly veiled warning made her think.

"Do warriors practice Craft?"
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
"The Cult I heil form worshipped Dark Gods, none of which I currently remember the names of. Me and my sisters were thought of as blessings from those gods, due to the colors of our pelts. I am, of course, white. One of my sisters is pitch black, and the other is pale grey. I have not seen them since the night we returned from gathering offerings, only to find our entire family slaughtered. I was bent on leaving that life behind me. Still am, truthfully. But, I would not be shocked to find that other warriors practice some form of Craft." Nyra responded, coming closer to her new companion and easing herself to lie down on the grass. It was peaceful out here, in her mind. 
"I'm not half the witch I once was, two and a half years ago or so. I'm putting my all into learning the trade of a warrior, the art of combat. So I may defend those that matter to me." 
Health (100/100)
12 Posts
Ooc — vae
Dark gods. She was unfamiliar with this terminology.  Sitting there, listening to Nyra explain the structure of her former pack, Nycteria was forced to come to grips with what little knowledge she had.  She was realizing more and more why her mother had insisted she leave the safety of the group, now.  The Timber wolf blinked thoughtfully, watching as the warrior finally seemed to become soothed in her presence.  She offered another, small smile and nodded. "I am sorry to hear about your family," she extended condolences, hoping that they would be well or neutrally met.  The way Nyra spoke of her past, it did not seem positive, but losses were losses.

"That is a noble cause," Nycteria responded congenially, nodding her head attentively. "I am unsure of my purpose here in... oh, what are these lands called?" She spoke of the lands as a whole but did not attempt to elaborate further. "I am here to learn. I believe I must also be here to spread the will of the Goddess. Are wolves from this place spiritual?  Or do they prefer tooth and claw?"
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Leaving the condolences and such untouched, Nyra instead responded to her companion's question.
"Kind of a mix, it seems. Each pack is different, honestly. So far, the ones I've crossed are more for combat than words. Save for maybe Easthollow, clear on the other side of those red mountains I come from. I wasn't in Easthollow for long, maybe a week or two before I left. Even so, nobody I had met was much of a fighter, at least from what I saw." 
Health (100/100)
12 Posts
Ooc — vae
Nycteria nodded in response to the information that Nyra shared with her. "You have shared much with me.  I feel I must return the favor somehow.  Are you certain I cannot find an herb to help soothe any of your wounds?" Though Nyra had initially denied her, she couldn't help but ask again.  She came from a culture of sharing and making good on owed debts or favors. "I suppose you cannot tell me about your pack?" The priestess continued the conversation regardless of the warrior's answer.  She still enjoyed the company she provided. "I do not want to jeopardize any of your secrets." A playful expression settled at the corners of Nycteria's mouth.
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
"My pack? We're currently low in numbers, it seems. But it's...to be expected, I suppose. We are bloodspillers, fighters, savages. It's not the lifestyle I wanted for myself, honestly. But, my alphas welcomed me with open arms. I have thought of leaving, but, I am currently the reason there's as much of a mess as there is, and I don't feel right in running away right now." Nyra flattened her ears with a soft whimper 
"I went to visit our supposed ally, in the valley beyond those crimson peaks. Long story short, my attempt at an apology wasn't accepted, and the child that was there tried to lunge at me while my stomach was bared. He was much smaller compared to myself, yet I lost my temper, and I threw him. Sent him sailing...I regret it, but, I don't think I could try to offer another apology. Not now.... Not for the sake of my pride, but for the sake of keeping my life." 

The guilt was starched across her face, and the pale warrior looked close to tears. In fact, some were starting to roll down her muzzle.
Health (100/100)