Blackfeather Woods She's Never Gonna Sing Them No More
All Welcome  June 18, 2020, 09:49 PM
Taikon
Lone Wolves

Early evening 62°F

There was beauty there, in her eyes. The grace of her step and delight in her sing-song voice, her risibility that made her laugh at every absurdity in life: it was the version of perfection he remembered. She pressed her plump body against him. When he exhaled, a gratitude filled him with joy. He closed his eyes, brushing his snout on her warm fur.
        When he opened them, she was gone. Taikon was left with a chill in his bones that forced a shiver. The sun had only just given way to a pleasant twilight during his slumber. A pink and orange colour coated the sky. His smile faded. He wiped the drool from his lip with a wrist and stretched with a yawn as he stood. For a long time, a mixed relationship with sleep had kept Taikon from enjoying even the most warm dreams. When he woke, he was always reminded of the things he lacked, the things he longed for, and the things he had lost. He felt much colder than the given temperature, the trees about him giving off a fresh, moist air. His joints ached. The tireless movement over the past week had given his paws sores despite the thick callouses from lifelong mistreatment.
        A deep malaise took the wolf. He took a few tender steps forward, but couldn't continue. He stared at the ground in front of him, blinked a few times, and let out a deep, long sigh that did not give him any comfort. The white male must have looked quite awkward standing in the forest, but he was no stranger to loneliness or the hold on motivation it could have.
June 29, 2020, 12:19 AM
Gracious
Sagtannet
Berkana
hi plz excuse the late night post and crap writing

sagtannet was not deeply forested like this area gracious had founnd herself in. she needed a break from the treacherous dragon teeth spire and instead had searched for something outside in the lands below her. to her surprise the trip had led her to a looming forest, one that held a certain energy of darkness. gracious was never truly gifted in "reading" areas, though she would sometimes tell herself she could feel something in her gut when she approached others and places. the feeling in her stomach was like a growing pit, however, as she entered the canopy cover, it began to dissapate. whatever history that occurred here was gone, faded away. the bloodstains and shadows lingered, but they weren't hungry, they weren't angry -- rather they were merely wallflowers in this dark place.

darkness yielded to light, the void would give into the source whether it wanted to or not. exuding from her body, gracious did her best to radiate her warm mentality. "i am not scared. this place has been hurt, but it is healing. i am strong." her mind remained sturdy, though the few calls of ravens would cause her a little frightful jump. her travel continued, exploring nooks and crannies of this place. she eventually began to settle in the environment when she casted her eyes to the sky. beautiful, breathtaking -- the colors swirled and danced with each other wonderfully, quietly. however, blame gracious' lack of focus of where she was going.

a large root had suddenly tripped her front paw, snagging her and causing the sturdy woman to take a tumble forward, rolling in a summersaulting motion before settling on her haunches. she felt flustered, dirt covering her montone coat as other forest things entangled themselves into her coat. she shook her head, making sure her brain wasn't rolling around in that big head of hers. however, she failed to notice that she wasn't alone in this forest, in fact, she had an audience right in front of her, perhaps only a few yards away.

: 0/5
Therapist: 0/10
Advisor: 0/10
June 29, 2020, 01:09 AM
Taikon
Lone Wolves

Don't ever apologize! Your writing is wonderful! (also I frequently make absurdly houred posts, case in point (it is 2 am here) :)
]
        Cella's death had occurred over two years ago. Markus, his only friend during that trial of life, had not come to find him. It had been so long, he doubted they would even have recognized one another. Markus was also the only creature on earth who knew of Taikon's hardships. He was the only one who understood or cared. And, Taikon had never spoken to him again.
        Years later, most of the time he was numb. On evenings like this, he thought of drowning himself. Or throwing himself from a cliff. No one would miss him, he thought. The pain after a memory was almost unbearable, for he had to relive the experience over and over again.
        Taikon stood up, and he wanted to scream. He could smell blood. The pleasant twilight had faded into a dark and cloudy daydream that had nothing for him but terror. His breath had quickened without him noticing it. His breathing became fast, almost rapid, and he spun himself around the corner of a tree in a frantic— and there she was.
        No. The image faded, and a great beast of a woman stood in her place. Taikon stood, a bit dumbfounded, but happy to be rid of the spell. Hello there, he said, as if nothing had happened to him. A light grin crept across his fine features. I was just uh— he took a very long, stupid moment to yawn. He hadn't woken up fully, despite his attack. Well, waking up I guess. He smiled widely.
June 29, 2020, 05:58 PM
Gracious
Sagtannet
Berkana
recover.

it was slow, head hunched low as a paw reached up to nudge against her head. a sting, slight and lingering. she exhaled, ears fell back in a spell of embarassment. blinking, shuttering like a camera lens, grey diamond eyes gaze from the ground beneath her to the wolf in front of her. and to her surprise, this wolf seemed aged, the same way she was.

his greeting, with a smile added to it, was returned with a flustered gracious returning to her feet -- stumbling but soon enough steady. she sheepishly smiled at him, black lips parted for a greeting. "isn't it a bit late to be just waking up?" she questioned him curiously, head tilted in the slightest manner. she had her fair share in late afternoon naps, but never before the night like this. perhaps, the only time this happened was during her insomnia days; a haunting and lingering memory, they still trail into her life.

"my name is gracious, whom do i have the pleasure of speaking to?" her voice is calm, like a flowing creek that carried leaves, twigs, and peacefulness. speaking of twigs, she felt a few tangle in her tail as it slowly swung behind her.

June 30, 2020, 12:00 AM
Taikon
Lone Wolves

The woman seemed embarrassed by her clumsy stumble to her feet, but Taikon was far too absorbed in himself and maintaining composure to notice much. He pushed all of his energy toward keeping that light smile on his face, forcibly pushing out any thoughts that might send him spiraling again.
        There were three things he noticed when the first words slipped from the woman's mouth. The first was how unexpected the sweet tonality of her voice was, which did not match up with the towering animal in front of him. The second was the pretty colour of her gaze, grey but shining, like fine metal. The third was the thing he liked least of all, and that was her question which seemed to suggest there was something wrong with him. I keep a weird schedule. He said it firmly and with a nod, as though it was merely a fact of life. His body tensed a bit defensively, hoping she would not continue to pry.
        Thankfully, she asked him his name instead in a way that immediately relaxed him. Her speech was so pleasant, he felt a wave of calm wash over him, like a warm hug. Taikon, he introduced, his smile returning as he gave a handsome and formal head bow. This was something he did rarely now, but as a prince he had been taught many pleasantries. What were you up to when you fell? He asked. Taikon hadn't really seen the full debacle, and was curious. He didn't bother asking if she was okay. She seemed no worse for wear, and was, frankly, massive.
June 30, 2020, 12:24 AM
Gracious
Sagtannet
Berkana
he seemed to swell with defense to her question, one to which she shifted her weight back from his response in the slightest manner. had she upset him? of course she did, why else would he speak that way to her? she'd have to be careful when picking her words, she didn't want to upset him any further. "ah, it is better to have a schedule than no schedule at all" she comments politely to him. he was soon disarmed again with her second question, to her pleasant surprise. the bow of his head and charming presentation was enough to bring a bit of heat to gracious' pale cheeks, eyes cast downward in a bashful manner.

she nearly choked when he asked about her fall. no, no -- she was just too old to be embarassed anymore by little slip ups. she was 6 this year, 6! blossoming from her chest comes a fluttery giggle, head ducking away for a moment as she thought back to herself mere seconds ago. "i was looking at the sky, i got distracted by its colors." she was honest with her answer. gracious wasn't some master navigator who could look at the stars and exactly know where she was at. rather, she was here for the pleasantries, for the aesthetics. and for the five seconds she got of a glance, it was worth the fall.

"i came to see what was below my spire," she explained to him, connecting her eyes with his for a moment before tossing her head back towards her home, "i live just within those mountains." she glazes her eyes over taikon once her gaze returns to his figure. it was a bit comical to gracious that she nearly towered over all the wolves she's met in her life. thankfully he hadn't made some sort of snarky comment about it -- she got tired of hearing those comments, no matter how well-intentioned they were. he was quite nice to look at.

"so, what happens in your schedule now? I hope i'm not disrupting anything you have planned."  her tone becomes a bit sheepish, gracious hated interrupting others and becoming a blockade. if he had a schedule, he must have something to do then, right?

June 30, 2020, 12:21 PM
Taikon
Lone Wolves

Gracious had a lovely laugh. Its purity sent a smile flashing across his lips. For such a large woman, she appeared to have the nature of a butterfly, or perhaps a dove. Clumsy though she seemed, she spoke of the sky and its distractions, and he knew she must be something of a dreamer. Taikon looked up at the twilight for a moment, peering at the clouds, pink and orange above them. It was a pleasant watercolour sequence playing there, the paint bleeding into other shapes and changing rapidly as the minutes wore on.
        Ah, the Spire. I see, he said, looking at the mountains. He had crossed over the mountain passageways once to see what was on the other side. He planned to take that same path again. They were so immense, that the fact there were wolves atop parts of the mountain did not surprise him. He wondered what the territories were like; he struggled to imagine much game too far up, near the tree line. Surely the plains were a better fit for most.
        Oh, I didn't really have a plan, he admitted. Usually I roam as far as my feet might take me. I stop to hunt if there is game about, but I rarely stay in one place for long. Taikon looked toward the mountains, where he had been heading for a time. Actually, I was planning to head back toward the mountains again this evening. You're free to join me if you aren't busy, he offered, giving her a pleasant smile. His heart rate had thankfully slowed during their chat. He was beginning to feel a bit calmer at last.