Witch's Marsh And when I miss, come and kiss me
I
Banned
203 Posts
Ooc — Tori
The Very second she had stepped paw in this place, she should have turned around and left. But she was a healer, and healers stretched their limmits, explored new regions, discovered new plants. And so she slogged through the muck, Ears pinned to try to shut out the horde of mosquitoes that hovered near her face, biting her lips, nose, and near her eyes. 
massive cobwebs hung from the trees owned by fat black spiders. She Sneezed, paw slipping off the log she was balanced on, and ending up with her rump soaked in swampy, slimy water.
486 Posts
Ooc — Zina
The white wolf had left the much flatter Great Bear Wilderness and backtracked to the Valley beyond the mountains. He had done so with no real purpose. As with most things in Taikon's life, he searched for direction both figuratively and literally, hunting not for a place to settle but for a reason to keep going.
He had a minor desire to get a better lay of the land. Yesterday, he'd come through the lake and made a meal of a large muskrat. Today, he sought new territory to map in his mind. That desire was unfortunately met with a great big mess.
It didn't take long for Taikon to realize that coming here had been a mistake. The warm weather bred thousands of pesky bugs, creatures that quickly swarmed about him, attracted to his heavy breathing amid the croaking amphibians. He trudged through the muddy waters, now seeking only to leave its nastiness, when he came upon a wolf who had slipped on the slimy marshbed. Taikon stared through the grimy air, trying in vain to get a look at the other. He moved, slowly and annoyingly and sloppily, through the marsh, until finally he could see her properly. This sucks, he said simply, hoping to find joy in commiseration.
relatively thin from illness (Apr 13, 2020)
I
Banned
203 Posts
Ooc — Tori
She sighed, pulling herself free of the sludge. 
Cursing to herself, she tried to splat her way back to some semblance of dry land- not that there was much of that to speak of. 
She roused herself, deciding whatever herbs may or may not be here were absolutely not worth the misery of this place. It was then she realized she was not alone here, and she stiffened, looking up at the other wolf warily. The last time she had been approached alone she... didn't want to think about that night, or what had happened after. 
But he was smaller than Donovan, and she still held in her heart most wolves weren't like him. So when he finally came into view, and addressed her, her shoulders relaxed slightly. 
"I've never seen a-" she paused to spit and sputter, her mouth filled with the buzzing insects. 
"More miserable place. Do you want to get out of here?" 
486 Posts
Ooc — Zina
The woman went to answer him, but all he could hear for a moment was the infuriating and equally terrifying sound of a mosquito humming in his ear. That hum made him shake awfully, trying to rid it from about him. Then, he listened to her clear and pleasant voice. "Do you want to get out of here?"
Taikon nodded fiercely, and followed the lady's step. Anything that isn't... this. sounds awesome, he said.
It was difficult to see her in the muck, but she seemed like an attractive young lady. She had a copper face and a pleasant build, but that was about all he could see other than her behind. Taikon followed closely to her, hoping desperately to get beyond the foulness they had both decided was a good idea earlier.
relatively thin from illness (Apr 13, 2020)
I
Banned
203 Posts
Ooc — Tori
He doesn't have to ask twice. 
without another word she's turned tail, making a beeline through the trees. 
Will tag you in followup