Whitefish River Just thinking outloud
Big Man, Walking In The Park
198 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
Ranger
Private 

The Woodward was always near his pups in case they needed him because he would put everything else away just to be with them because his new family was all that he had and wanted. But he knew he had to break away from them a few times just to get moments to himself, but even that felt like a crime, was he being selfish? This question would stick around for a bit as he wandered through the fields and near the streams with the running water as background noise to his conflicting thoughts.

There were other factors as well besides his family, the former Count because what Howl and Emrik found was clear evidence of something more to his disappearance. Should he tell Ira? The poor woman already had to a family to take care of on her own but it was a good thing that she had Hiero to help. Hiero was a good wolf, a good friend so she was in good hands with him. But still, this information is important to her since she is the leader, but maybe she could use the extra extra help? Maybe he should ask for a promotion? No, it wasn't his place, he was overthinking it just like he always did because he realized that he was now paws deep into the stream that he was strolling past.

Connor chuckled at himself a bit and backed out of the stream and sat at the bank with his tail lazily set in the running water.
lift me higher, let me look at the sun
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Ira had been keeping busy, that was no surprise to anyone, but much to her excitement she was finding the time to perform duties past the borders of her den once more. @Hieronymous had stepped into the ranks of the council and additionally has given her the chance to switch off of parenting duties for small periods of time before their hunger got the best of them. It wouldn't be much longer until she could introduce meat to her kids, but from there they would only grow more distant as they no longer required her attention. It was a sad thought, but she was excited about what the future held for them.

Paws traveled an invisible but not forgotten path as she ended up near the edges of the territory. Her trips to the river were often short for a quick drink, but she was allowed to linger this time. It was then that she spotted the cinnamon man downstream, he seemed to be idling, perhaps a short rest from his own duties. It had been a while since she was given the opportunity to really check in on the members of her pack, and while she no longer was the sole figure responsible for their living, it was still important for her to ensure their well being when time allowed.

The Count traveled swiftly, only slowing when she was within a reasonable speaking distance over the roar of the river. Enjoying yourself? The days had gotten so much warmer recently, fortunately, the river wolves benefited from the tree cover and cool running water. It was times like now though that her thicker fur betrayed her. Once it had brought comfort in the mountain peaks of her birthplace, but now the hot days took some adjusting to.
#DAA520 , pawprintIra's Playlist  3/20*, * = incomplete threads
198 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
Ranger
Connor was daydreaming a bit to the point where the words of the Count almost didn't hit his ears, "Oh! Ira!" His ears spiked up and turned his muzzle towards the approaching Count with a smile. As she came closer, Connor dragged his soaked tail out of the water to curl around his paws so that he didn't look like he was phased out of reality. The man gave her a respectful dip of his head, "Yes I guess you could say that," he continued to beam at her for he didn't want to give off to her that something was wrong with his life. "Things have been so busy lately, it's hard to find time to just sit and chat, but I don't mind the work," he continued for he truly just wanted to talk with someone that wasn't about the potential controversy of his pups.

"How have you been?" He said with a tilt of his head, it was a simple question, but a question nonetheless that can go a long ways for someone.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
It seemed as if her approach was almost unnoticed as ears quickly swiveled to meet her shortly followed by a smile. Connor confirmed her suspicions or at least said it was something similar. She couldn't deny that everyone had been working harder as of late. The Count gave a small hum as she found a seat along the bank, These months always prove challenging for reasons almost completely opposite of winter. I enjoy the pups though, they provide so much more for the pack despite the early inconveniences. Kids were always a lot of work but raised correctly and they would be necessary to everyday pack life. She had taken notice of the dwindling adult numbers lately, a troubling sign when paws were needed.

Connor then turned the question to her, how she had been, but honestly, she had stopped thinking about that a while ago. Instead, she was quick to give a small shrug with a tilt of her head, I have been doing better. Hieronymous' help has turned things around for me. The Count was able to spend plenty of time with her three beautiful pups but was graced with the opportunity to slip away like now for moments of peace and quiet. The itch in her paws had finally eased with her newfound freedom. I am quite thankful, I have never been content sitting still. Den life is not exactly my happy place, but the pups are worth it.
198 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
Ranger
The Count decided to seat herself next to the giant as she hummed along to his words, it seemed the two were just going to casually converse so maybe he should mention his findings a little later during the conversation. Ira couldn't be more spot-on when she said these months have been keeping everyone basically on their toes. She would also mention how the new young have provided so much more and that also couldn't be more true, the male hummed at her comment, "yes they have, they are the future after all," he continued smiling for he truly believed in his statement.

The Count mentioned how Hiero has been helping turn things around for her, "he is quite a helper, I can see why you chose him as Constable," he replied. Hiero was the right choice for he knew that the spotted man was a hard worker, but was Ira aware that he had a crush on her? She must have, but either way, he was glad that the Count had some help. The Rowan wolf continued by stating that it was nice to slip away for she was not accustomed to den life but the pups made it all the more worth it. "I am not experienced when it comes to parenthood, but what I do know is that every once in a while, you need a little "me" time," he casually said, "I know being cooped up in a den for hours upon end would drive me nuts a bit," he chuckled.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Connor was right, they were the future and they had to ensure proper growth for these kids to make sure the pack's future would be just as promising. The Count's eyes were drawn out to the river before them as the summer sun glinted off its clear surface. The Woodward spoke again, this time of Hieronymous' promotion. He's a good man. As things are I see him a suitable leader to follow in my path. It's refreshing to have someone else within the council as well, hopefully, one that will stay.

Ira still wasn't sure the reason for Evergreen's departure with his mate, but one thing was certain, she couldn't do this back and forth power move any longer. She couldn't be left anymore. At least Hieronymous had made his intentions clear, but perhaps he too would end up betraying her. That was unfair of her to think though, she was aware of that. Hiero had promised.

She withheld the sigh that threatened to slip from her as Connor continued. Yes, well...I am quite used to being alone. Parenthood is certainly a change of pace, but I do not regret it. She was busy in a different way, but as long she has something to focus on, something to do, the roan woman would be fine.
198 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
Ranger
sorry for the late reply! Busy week at work!

Ira spoke well of Hiero, she stated that he was a good man which was something that Connor could agree with. He could tell that the absence of Evergreen made it hard for her to keep the pack uplifted by herself, but the titan thought that she did wonderfully. "If it's any consolation," he began with an uplifting tone, "I think you did an amazing job leading the pack solo," he stated with a friendly smile. He was being very truthful with his words for he was quite impressed with her leadership while she was on her own for it was ideal to have at least two leaders.

Ira was an exceptional Leader.

"Trust me Ira," he began with a chuckle, "he will stay," he said with amused confidence for he was aware that Hiero had a keen liking towards the Count. But the Woodward's eyes became a bit more sympathetic and curious glance as she stated that she was used to being alone which made his guts twist a bit in a sad feeling, how long has she been alone? But she then backtracked by stating that parenthood has changed the pace of her life and that she does not regret it. "You will be a great mother," he stated lightly with an encouraging smile, "strong-willed, fair, kind, you have the makings of being an amazing parent and leader," Connor stated with a heartfelt tone, the male's eyes strong and confident in his statement.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
It was always nice to hear that others thought you had done a good job, especially when one had to make hard decisions. There were times that the Count was aware of her decisions causing many to be unhappy, but as long as they agreed with the reasoning she supposed it did not really matter in the long run. Someone had to make the hard decisions after all and they had made it this far.

Once more, Ira could only hope Hieronymous would stick around, though she wasn't too afraid. He had seemed committed from the start, if anything she just had to worry about him stepping down. Even if he did though, the painted man would still be of use to the pack, but for now, she would cherish having split duties. Perhaps. Only time will tell.

It wasn't fully clear to which part the Count referred to, though in her head it answered all of the man's statements. She had never been one to trip over praise, instead, she would shrug it off as her expected duties. Though, speaking of parenting I should probably get back to my kids. They aren't quite ready for me to take long trips away from the den. She'd offer a nod to the Woodward as she made her way to her paws Farewell, Connor.