Whitefish River So...
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
@Connor. @Shiloh & @Ravaryn possibly later. Maybe this will be their first out of den event. We will see.

After speaking with Ira and getting her opinion of his circumstance and his change within pack status his next stop was to see his girl. He wanted this to be his first stop, but he knew if he had done that it would have been ages before he convinced himself to leave the girls. But as he made his way to the den outside it was Conner. He was glad to see that he had kept his promise to Howl to watch over Moon and the girls but it still hurt Howl to know he needed such help. Plus Conner would need to be informed about the reasons behind is absence. Which he wasn't looking forward to, but knew it needed to be done. "Hey" he said calmly and much more friendly then he had been in their last conversation. "How've they been?" he asked.
Howl is always open to some interesting plots.
Just PM me and we and plot and thread!
Big Man, Walking In The Park
198 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
Ranger
Both Moonshadow and Connor have been watching the pups with care and love, nothing would happen to them under the vigilant watch of their parents. The titan had been near his children as they were hopefully sleeping peacefully but his girls were unpredictable which amused him but he would sometimes need to intervene. His giant body was sprawled in the den so that Moonshadow and the girls could lay on his fluffy body, he was just a big fluffy pillow. But he was near enough the entrance so that he could also observe the elements that were near just in case if he needed to address any issue that would come up.

But there was no need today. The giant man almost subsumed into his sleepiness when the soft murmur of Howl softly rang into his ears and his eyes flashed open almost as if he had been spooked. Where had he been? Connor parted his jaws in a yawn and softly thumped his tail in greeting since the guardian did have a much more friendly tone to him. "Fine, they are doing just fine," he softly assured with a warm smile as he tossed a quick glance at the girls before he looked back at Howl. "Moon is hanging in there..." he tried to sound confident but even he slipped in his tone, "how are you?" He prompted with a humble interest, his ears more perked as his attention was now on Howl.
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
He was happy to hear that the girl had been doing alright and wasn't all that surprised at Conner's response or town when Moonshadow specifically was mentioned. At least she hadn't gotten worse, Howl thought to himself trying to be positive. When a similar question was asked in regards to him Howl responded with a sigh "tired," a gentle smirk appearing on his face before fading away. "Can we talk? Outside?" he asked, lightly as to not wake the other inhabitants of the den. As he spoke to Conner his eyes lingered on his two girls until Conner meet him outside [I assume].
198 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
Ranger
Well at least the two males were not trying to bite at each other's throats while the girls were sleeping, that would have not been a pretty sight to wake up to. Connor could assume that both men were trying to let bigons be bigons and sort this out like civil gentlemen as the warrior asked lightly if they could talk outside. The titan slightly furrowed his eyebrows in a 'what for?' matter but he decided to belt up and not ask why, perhaps it was hard on Howl as is just to even talk to the cinnamon male. Was he hiding something?

The man said nothing but nodded instead before casting a quick glance back into the den just to make sure that he was not needed and could crawl out with minimal noise with Howl. The giant man rose to his paws smoothly and stalked like a fox out of the den, careful to not brush his bushy tail against any of the sleeping bodies. Once out of the mouth of the den, he walked to where Howl was waiting for him, curious as to why they needed to talk.
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
Howl waited as Conner made his way out of the den. As he did he thought over how he would tell him. Should he ease into things? Try and spark sympathy before dropping the bombshell of news. Or be direct and blatantly honest. Regardless of the method Howl assumed it wouldn't go over well and so he chose the route that was more like the ripping off of a tick. 

"I wanted to explain the reasoning behind my recent trip," he said letting out a sign in anticipation. "I didn't tell you or Moon before because I didn't want to bring it up and complicate things before I knew for sure," he said getting likely Conner's first question out of the way regarding why he hadn't told them sooner. "I visited another pack southeast of here... to see my mate... and the birth of our children... She and I were friends before Moon and I got attached, and she and I became official sometime after I witnessed you and Moon together." That's where he stopped. Wanting to see Conner's reaction before continuing.
198 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
Ranger
Connor lent his ear to Howl and stayed silent throughout the whole speech and the guardian spoke his peace. The way he spoke his words gave Connor conflicted feelings and vibes and tried to not let those thoughts reflect his emotions. The giant just sat and stared as his ears turned full attention to him, but the more he spoke, the more he found it hard to keep a straight face. A disapproving glance was cast on Howl, what could he say that wouldn't turn this civil conversation into a screaming disaster? How could Howl do this? To Moon? To the pups?

"So..." His voice rumbled as he lifted his chin, "out of your anger, you decide to complicate things further by creating another family? After you promised to be there for Moon and the pups?" His green gaze didn't stir as he spoke his opinion on the matter, Connor turned his muzzle to the side and flared his nose before turning back to Howl with the same intensity in his orbs. "Now you will have two families to care for, what will you tell Moon? How will you explain this to the girls that their other father had a mate in another faraway pack with more pups?" The giant's voice was stone as his disapproval started to show more in his voice.
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
Before Connor even had a chance to speak, his expression conveyed his feelings towards Howl. It wasn't one of anger, but far from pleased. It was the reaction Howl expected, but still, as Connor began to speak, Howl tried his best to hold his tongue. He had heard these things before. Not the same words, but the message was all the same—one filled with emotion that lacked understanding, context, and the truth.

What dug at Howl most was Connor's comment about anger. His union with Star wasn't one of anger. He had been hurting, but his feelings for Star originated long before Moonshadow and Connor's affair. His commitment and devotion to Star wasn't a consequence of mere anger, and Howl was slowly beginning to see it as the one positive that came out of Moon's devastating decision.

"First off, this was not a decision of anger. Star is my mate. Not a fling. She and I were friends long before I knew Moon. I reconnected with her after I knew Moon and I would no longer be united. But also before I knew that Moon was pregnant!" He declared sternly to drive home the point. It wasn't a response of anger but rather an emphasis to ensure that if Connor shut out Howl's admission of the truth, he would at least hear that. "Had I known Moon was pregnant, my actions may have been different, but it was far too early to know of such things."

Howl's tone changed brings up a different aspect of the subject. "And so I was with Star... Then I learned Moon was pregnant. And just as you said, I promised to be there for her and the girls regardless. I could have left them behind. Said screw it and made it your duty. But I'm not a man who walks away from his responsibilities, from his family. Regardless of how complicated." His claws were digging into the ground, and his legs were shaking, filled with the rush of emotion that Howl was expelling.

"I do have two families to care for now, and I'm trying my best. I planned on telling Moon shortly after you. Perhaps when she's had a chance to wake up. As for the girls, I'll tell them the truth. They're far too young to understand now, but with time they'll learn." It wasn't a solid plan, but it was all he could plan on.
198 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
Ranger
As expected, Howl stood up for himself to salvage his dignity. The giant listened to him with an unmoving gaze as the male staked his claim and got on his soapbox. There was a lot on both of their plates that they had to eat through, this was a difficult time even though Connor was sure he was the father, Howl did share the same feeling. He tried to piece together the relationship between Star and Howl, he has stated that they were friends before Moon was pregnant and that the two are now mates. A happy union surely, but the large male was still worried about Howl balancing two families. Plus, he was going to take responsibility on telling the girls when the time was right which Connor suspected to open a whole can of worms.

Once Howl was done with his speech, a silence fell between the two as Connor took in this information and tried to string everything together. This must be hard for him to do this, but he is trying his best to balance both. He is aware of what has happened and what is done and wants only good to come from this, and I shall do what I can. The cinnamon male rose onto his large paws and stared at Howl with a calculating look.

Then a smile parted from his lips and his eyes were more accepting and welcoming, "a dedicated man," he chuckled, "that's what I like to hear," he sounded encouraging. "Alright Howl, I'm with you." He stated with a firm nod, "I will do what I can to make sure everything works out, I don't know what your plan is to balance the two families, but I will pitch in what and when I can." Connor's words on fell on encouragement and truth, he couldn't hold it against Howl forever, he had to be the bigger man and push it aside since there were more important things at hand.
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
Howl had expected more backlash. It seemed to be all he received over at Sagtannent. For all Howl know Connor could use this to his advantage and claim the girls as his own knowing that Howl would not be around all the time to protest his side of the story. But surprisingly Connor was silent for a brief moment afterward before praising Howl on his efforts and offered to help however he could. 

It packed a heavy punch to be understood in the midst of such chaos that Howl was almost at a loss for words. He was very grateful that if Moon had to cheat on him with someone at least it was with a male willing to work things out. All Howl could muster up in the jumble of thoughts in his head was "Thank you, Connor. Sincerely. I appreciate it" his voice portraying even greater gratitude then a selection of words could.
198 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
Ranger
Letting Connor's anger and frustration get to the best of him would be pointless and create more problems. So, the titan would have to be the bigger man and accept what has happened to both of them. And it seemed that Connor's words have left Howl speechless, the male just couldn't find any sort of response after what the cinnamon male has said.

The man dipped his head and continued to beam, "there are more important things that we need to focus on, let bygones be bygones," he stated, "the girls can't grow into fine wolves if both of their dads are constantly at war." A chuckle escaped from his lips