Wheeling Gull Isle will your angels hold us
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
backdated to the 1st! @Hide

Orochi had brought home with him a new blind recruit. The boy had seemed nice enough along the borders, but Huā enjoyed getting to know her packmates well- where her sister had gone and many cousins disappeared, she had made a new family here among these people, even if she called it an empire. Hide would be a part of this new family now. Today she seeked him out, following scent trails across the moor between beach and forest, curious to know more about him, and see how well they might get along.
126 Posts
Ooc —
Hide was nervous. Although he'd been accepted, he was anxious to make sure that he was beneficial to the pack. The thing was, he wasn't really sure how he could do that. Not when the waves were so loud and the ground was unsteady and he wasn't sure how to navigate it. He was careful as he navigated the moorland, trying to get himself accustomed to the scents and sounds and feelings. Unsurprisingly, he didn't hear the woman approaching.
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
Soon enough she caught sight of him, a red flame picking his way across the low grasses. He would not see her, she recalled... and so shouted out his name, Hide! Hi, She called, trotting up beside him with a wagging tail he would never witness, unfortunately. How you feel about island? She questioned casually, tone light. It was important to try and keep him comfortable, accommodate his needs if she could.
126 Posts
Ooc —
Hide jumped still, surprised at the sound of his name called. But it wasn't as bad as it would have been had she snuck up on him. The boy turned around and offered the woman a bright smile, tail wagging in response to her own. "Hua!" he greeted in return, matching her energy. "The island is great. It isn't too big and I like the way the ocean smells. I'm still getting used to it, a little, but that's nothing to worry about." The influx of new sounds and smells was overwhelming, but he was doing his best. "Thank you, for letting me stay here. It must seem like it right now, but I swear I can actually help the pack. I just... gotta get used to the place first. Maybe learn to swim."
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
SO sorry for the wait :((

He jumped slightly, which made her feel bad, but the boy didn't seem phased, and so she smiled slightly- even if he couldn't really see it. When he said he liked the island, she was pleasantly surprised- knowing of many in the past, including Orochi, who had a hard time adjusting. I am glad you like it! And no, ah, do not worry... I am sure you can be help in your own way. Tell stories, or therapy... Huā didn't realize it was insensitive to force him into limited categories, but hey- she'd never met a blind wolf. She was still learning how she ought to act. If learning to swim... be careful! Do not be too hard on yourself. She warned gently, worry clear in her voice- she did not want another Atausiq, washed away never to be seen again.
126 Posts
Ooc —
It's okay! I forgot it was my turn ^^

"... help in your own way... tell stories, or therapy..." Hide had to fight not to physically wince. "Well, I, uh, I was actually thinking I could be a guard," he admitted sheepishly, ducking his head. The smile remained still on his maw, albeit slightly forced. "Orochi and I have sparred before. I used to do it all the time, with my family. I just have to work at it, to be able to be someone who can protect the pack." But he was determined - this was certainly something he could do. There wasn't a doubt in his mind. 

"The swimming is a little scary. I can't really navigate in the water, so I won't go deep. Not without someone else with me," he assured her, then paused, angling his ears at the woman. "Are you doing okay? You sounded upset, at the border." He paused again. "Were you close to the woman who lost her memory?"
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
WHEW, sorry for the wait, omg

When the boy spoke up, her eyes widened slightly- and thank god he didn't have to see the look on her face. In all honesty, it was a look that might've hurt him, a bit of surprise mixed with concern- doubt. But Huā was not one to stomp out dreams. He was a man, after all; where she had come from they were almost always the warriors- and so while she worried for him, at the same time she commended his dedication to that pursuit. Very well, then. But do be careful, please... I do not want you to get hurt. She hummed with a small frown.

As for the swimming, such was fine. Luckily for them, Yuèlóng had a land bridge- a few steps in its direction would tell a wolf who could not see, whether or not it was safe to cross- the water lapping at their paws was like a fence that said try again later. The interior of the island had dense forest and a rising hill, and moors between the beaches and trees. If he was not a swimmer, he would still be fine as long as he kept himself a reasonable distance from the water whenever alone. 

The subject shifted very suddenly as he brough up Ying, and for a moment Huā was surprised that a new recruit would bring up something still so raw and painful. But she did not have the heart to try and scold the boy, and instead gave in, though his first question on the matter went unanswered as she moved on to the second- Yes. She is my sister. A moment of quiet. Like every sibling, we sometimes fight, sometimes get along. But always the men are trying to steal her away. 

That day, she went with the very good man, the one I trust- Astaroth, he live here too. But she fell into a river, hit her head, and lose her memories. I still love her even now, but she can not love me anymore. She does not know me.