Stavanger Bay Tell me all of your secrets
133 Posts
Ooc — hela
Private 

The sun would be setting soon and he would need to find Tuvaq and settle somewhere for the night before it got too late. For now, though, he was content to trot along the beach through the ankle deep water with no real purpose. Catori flew high above him, following him as he slowly made his way down the soggy shore. She was with him most of the time now, something he found curious but also didn't question. He liked the raven and she often helped him find food; Of course, she always demanded a share of the spoils, but he never minded that. He wondered if that might be why she started following him around—because he could do the heavy lifting when it came to hunting and she got an easier meal out of it than if she was scavenging for herself. Even if that was the case, he didn't care; Acheron liked her anyway. 

She flew ahead some, and he felt comfortable that she would alert him of any danger, so he let his guard down, only a little, and watched the waves flow in and surround his paws as he moved. The air was warm but the water was cool, and it provided a nice contrast as well as some relief from the summer night. If only he could stop and take a drink, but he had quickly learned that this water was not for drinking. Wherever he and Tuvaq ended up tonight, he would make sure there was some drinkable water around after his day exploring the beach. 

Out of habit, the freckled boy stopped and looked around. But all was quiet aside from the rushing of the waves and the flapping of the blackbird's wings from somewhere up ahead. So he began to walk again.
woah
65 Posts
Ooc — Noki
More fish. It had been a while since he had some red meat, a good hunt to stretch his legs and get that adrenaline flowing - but he didn't mind fish or the act of fishing. He took it as a way to practice patience, and perfect the strike in grabbing the slimy scaley thing. Even if he did enjoy the fresh meal of a fish - he did miss the meaty taste of red meat, if only some would cross his path more than just a simple rabbit once in a while. The lapides didn't seem to quite like the seaside, perhaps it was time to move closer inland after today. 

A sigh.

To move. Despite the lack of different food to explore his taste buds, he did quite like it here. The sound of the waves crashing up on shore, the sea birds cawing in the distance, the salty smell in the air, it was refreshing. And the water did feel nice on hotter summer days. 

Then, a blackbird started flying over him. Probably looking to steal some of the flesh off of his recent catch's back. I'm not quite done with it yet. Annoyed he grumbled at the bird, unaware that someone else was approaching to investigate the fluttering.
133 Posts
Ooc — hela
He knew the raven well enough by now that he could tell when the flapping of her wings switched from patrol mode to found something mode. So when the flapping of her wings changed up ahead, Acheron hurried forward, eager to see whatever it was she felt the need to alert him about. 

As he drew close, he heard the unfamiliar voice. I'm not quite done with it yet. The freckled boy quickened his pace even more, afraid that something might happen to Catori—she was pushy when it came to food, he had learned that that hard way, and he wasn't sure if she would hold back in the presence of a strange wolf who might not be so lenient with her. 

As he approached, he slowed his steps and chuffed at the black bird. Sorry, he told the pale stranger just as the raven cawed and flapped her wings in Acheron's face to show her obvious irritation at his scolding.  Then she flew above them a few times before finally settling on a pile of washed up drift wood a few feet behind them. She's used to me sharing, he told the stranger, attempting to explain her behavior. 

I'm Acheron, by the way, he offered with friendly curve of his lips. I hope we didn't spoil your dinner.