Ravensblood Forest And if you long to never die
I've learned to lose you, can't afford to
813 Posts
Ooc — hela
Warrior
Private 
@Donovan Azura
set for 6/10, directly after this thread, early morning just after sunrise (i'm going to make up the weather because i have no idea what it actually was lol) cloudy, occasional drizzle and thunder, 65 F

The sound of thunder rolling in the distance had her eyes slowly opening. For a second, she thought she was waking up in her own forest, and so she quickly lifted her head and looked around before she remembered where she was. The large heap of sleeping warmth beside her had the rest of her memories flooding back into her mind and she relaxed. She stretched and yawned, the soreness resurfacing with the movement—better than it was last night but still faintly there. 

Donovan was soundly sleeping, and she rested her head on his chest so it moved with the slow rising and falling that went with his breathing. She could heart his heart thud slowly in his chest as she watched the drizzle dot the ground around the tree they had chosen to sleep under. And of course, she could hear the waterfall in the distance much louder than the sound of the rain, and her gaze slowly moved over to watch it for a few moments. 

But after a few quiet minutes, her body began to wake more and her stomach promptly protested its emptiness with a loud gurgle. Shifting with a sigh, she reached over to nibble and lick Donovan's ear to wake him. He had promised her breakfast.
Inuttuk
Common
"Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future."
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
His dreams are at first subtle, not interest in the slightest. Then they became fearful, raging storms of death and gore. Things that are as familiar to him as breathing. Though when most think these dreams of carnage would scar one, they had only positive effects on the sleeping wolf-dog. Death encourages him to do better. It succeeds in twisting his already numb state of mind. He thoroughly enjoys it. Then he dreams of Simmik, the white wolf with eyes of fire. A pleasant dream a recap of their previous nights adventures and he hums happily. The thoughts of gore are temporarily ridden, but never forgotten — never satisfied.

Next thing he knows his eyes are opening. The touch of another rouses him from his horribly sweet dream, but when he opens his eyes he almost believes he’s in another one when he’s met with the strikingly white fur of Simmik’s form. The soft licks and nibbles making an easy smile come to his face as he faces her. Offering his own flat tongue to run along her face and muzzle affectionately.

“Morning, dear.” He whispers, voice deep from sleep. “It’s time to wake up then?”

He flips his body onto his side and stretches his legs out to make himself longer. Teeth gleaming wildly as he opens his mouth to yawn. Settling after his stretch, he gives one last lick to her muzzle before he stands. “Breakfast?” He asks with a quirk of his brows.
813 Posts
Ooc — hela
Warrior
Morning, she offered in return, nodding when he asked if it was time to wake up. She couldn't help but watch as he rolled over and stretched next to her, her gaze moving over him and stopping on his face as he yawned. She Yawned then too as if his was contagious. 

She smiled at the kiss he delivered to her muzzle as he stood, and she nodded when he spoke again. Yeah, I'm starving, she told him. She stretched then, too, first in a play bow position to stretch her front half and then in the opposite position to stretch her back half. Then she stood and and nosed his shoulder. Have anything in mind? This was his forest after all, so he would know better than her what was readily available.
Inuttuk
Common
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
“Same.” Is his reply to her statement. Then he shamelessly eyes the curving lines of her body when she goes into an enticing stretch. Smiling softly when she finishes and basically asks him what’s in the menu.

He starts walking northeast, looking to go further into the territory. “The last few days I’ve been seeing a doe and her fawn trekking about my woods. I think if we can find them, it’d be a fun meal. I suggest we go after the fawn, but the mother won’t stand by idly and let us kill her child.” He instantly puts his nose to the ground and begins trying to find any leads on a trail. “Saw them near the center of the territory.”
813 Posts
Ooc — hela
Warrior
His suggestion is intriguing: one and half deer would be plenty of food, and there would be some left over to store in his cache, which would help his pack. She was all for that. She smiled, her tail wagging slightly behind her. Sounds good to me, she answered. She was in a good mood this morning, and there wasn't much that could ruin it.  

She looked around and then back up to him. Lead the way, she added, eager to get things started. He knew the territory, so it would be faster and easier for him to start leading them in the right direction. Eventually, the scent of deer would be undeniable, but until then, she would have to rely on his memory and how well he knew the forest and its inhabitants.
Inuttuk
Common
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
He smiles to her in a wordless reply and eventually they’re drifting further to the center of the territory. Just as predicted the scent of the two deer cross his scent trail and he stops abruptly. Going in a few loose circles to determine which direction they’ve gone, he finally figures it out and begins heading further north. 

They’re tracks lead them to a stream, it looks like they walked along the flowing water for a good while. Silently Donovan hopes they never crossed it. If so he could call the hunt a loss. Unless they wander around and stumble upon them, they could be there for hours. Thankfully, they get lucky as the trail gets stronger and eventually the prints of both large and small hooves can be seen.

Then luck bestows upon them the deer themselves. After lifting his head from his insistent sniffing, he scans the horizon for the hundredth time and what he fines is most satisfactory. The doe — a healthy female grazes on miscellaneous bushes and shrubbery while her fawn stands closely beside her. Keeping his eyes on the targets, a whispers a low, “Look.” to his company, alerting her of their presence.
813 Posts
Ooc — hela
Warrior
She followed him silently, her nose taking in the scent of the forest as they moved. She had her head lowered to the ground as she drew in breaths and blew them out to stir up more scents, but it was the light breeze that brought what they were looking for: the scent of prey—of deer. She could tell Donovan had locked onto the scent as well because his moves became more deliberate and he was headed in a certain direction instead of just seeming to wander around. She trotted next to him, her gaze searching the trees for any sign of the deer. 

They ended up following fresh tracks to the stream and then followed the flowing water for bit. She too was hoping they hadn't crossed; it would mean they had wasted their time tracking them here. But as they tracked the deer farther downstream, it became clear that they hadn't crossed, which had her tail wagging excitedly behind her as they continued on. 

She paused when he did, and scanned the treeline as well. So when he prompted her to look, she had already locked onto the doe and her fawn. Simmik nodded as he spoke. We can split up. If you hide, I can maybe chase them towards you for an ambush, she suggested. In her pack, she was usually the one doing the waiting and taking down but in this situation, she was smaller and faster and felt like it made more sense to be the one chasing. She looked at him expectantly, waiting to see if he agreed or if he had a different plan.
Inuttuk
Common
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
He nods to her plan and he allows himself to gaze over to her. Good meeting that fiery orange. For a moment he seems distracted, lost in her eyes. Shamelessly he gazes at her. “Perfect.” He hums with a growing smile. His usual predatory smirk appears when he finally looks away from her. “Let’s go then, dear.”

With that, he’s disappearing off to the direction the animals are facing. He wants to catch their attention so Simmik can easily herd them his way. They won’t even know she’s there. So he finally settles himself in the perfect position and flicks his eyes down to a twig on the grimy forest floor. Purposely snapping it beneath his weight, when he sees them next their attention is definitely on him.
813 Posts
Ooc — hela
Warrior
She was caught off guard by the heat of his stare; she had been focused on the hunt, so when he held her gaze longer than was necessary, her face warmed, and she gave him a shy smile. She was thoroughly distracted, which seemed something that happened far too easily in his presence. His words pulled her focus back to the task, though, and she forced her gaze away from him and back to the prey that was, thankfully, still grazing unsuspectingly. 

She moved when he did, heading in the opposite direction. She quietly moved closer, hunched and ready for the right moment to spring forward. The snap of twig near where she suspected Donovan to be hiding had the two deer lifting their heads in unison to stare at the place the sound came from. She used that moment to lunge forward, a snarl and snap of teeth announcing her presence in the small clearing in which they had been grazing. 

The deer sprang into action, thundering forward towards her partner. She closed the distance between herself and the doe and snapped her teeth at the muscle of her thigh. The doe kicked out her leg, barely missing Simmik's shoulder, but the move did not deter her. She continued the dance as she herded them towards Donovan, hoping once they were close enough, he would jump out and make his move.
Inuttuk
Common
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
The noise obviously catches their attention and Simmik takes the opportunity to rush forward. They’re terrified, black eyes widen in fear as they shift their gangly legs into action. They’re fast, quickly approaching Donovan’s hidden form — he will strike when the time is ready. Until then, Simmik continues to herd them closer, snapping at the deers leg. Surely that drew blood, for he can smell it in the air now.

Then as they grow closer he readies himself, body coiled tightly like a snake ready to strike. In no time Donovan is pouncing out, definitely spooking the animals at his sudden appearance. They scream in surprise, one gives a noise filled with pain rather than fear. Running forth, he stretches himself to snatch up the neck of the fawn. It’s an easy catch and instantly he’s able to take her to the ground. Not dead yet, it screams, hopefully the mother doesn’t come to its rescue, or she’ll beat the fuck out of them.
813 Posts
Ooc — hela
Warrior
As she had hoped, Donovan jumped out once she moved the deer close enough to him. The fawn had been closest and was snatched from its mother, its pained sounds filling the air. The doe slowed, and Simmik could see the dilemma in her eyes: save her baby or save herself. She almost felt bad for her, but it was just the way of life; they needed to eat. 

Simmik took advantage of the deer's moment of uncertainty, agile as she leaped from the ground to sink her teeth into her neck. She was a lot for one wolf, though, even as panicked and conflicted as she was. And the snowy Beta's bite only seemed to spur her into action. She bucked and thrashed, all the while, Simmik fought to keep her hold on the place where her teeth had sunk into their prey's flesh. In return, she was flung around a little. Her weight helped even things out a bit, but she could feel her hold slipping as blood flowed from the wound and down her cheeks. adrenaline pumped through her veins and her heart pounded in her chest. She was unsure how Donovan had fared, but she hoped for his assistance soon. If they were lucky, they would be able to take them both down.
Inuttuk
Common
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
His jaws sink easily into the neck of the younger animal. Like a hot knife through butter and fuck is it satisfying. Death and sex are the two things that really get him going. Though, thankfully not together. The two activities are best to partake in separately. Still, the dawn in easy to take down and out of the corner of his eye he noticed the mother hesitate and then the white blur of Simmik’s body flying up and onto the doe. He shakes the fawns body vigorously and hears the easy snap of the babies neck. Just like that, it’s gone in this world and onto the next. 

Done with that, Donovan settles his attention on the deer Simmik seems to be hanging from like a chew toy. He’ll have what she’s having. He running to the opposite side of the deer and shoves his body through the columns of its gangly legs and boom, the deers going down. I crumbles to the ground and Donovan takes this chance to snatch up her hind leg by the meatiest portion. Whipping himself into a nightmarish shake of his body, he’s ripping through flesh. He’ll allow Simmik to have her fun with the spewing blood of the jugular. He does love seeing that pretty white fur stained red after all.
813 Posts
Ooc — hela
Warrior
Her struggle with the deer didn't last long, thankfully; soon, she felt the deer falter and then fall the ground on top of her. She was pinned by the weight of the creature, but it didn't matter, she could still do what needed to be done. Her teeth quickly found the vulnerable part of the doe's neck and without any hesitation, Simmik snapped her jaws down on the flesh there. More blood stained her cheeks and neck but the deer's struggle was quickly over—no sense in making her suffer like they had done the wolverine. That awful creature had wanted to hurt them; the deer only wanted to get away. Unfortunately for her, she and her fawn would now fill her belly as well as Donovan and the wolves of his pack. 

When the Doe finally went limp on top of her, she squirmed beneath her to no avail. After a few more moments of struggling, she looked to Donovan. A little help here? she asked. She hadn't thought much past the moment of the kill, and now she wasn't sure she would be able to free herself without some assistance.
Inuttuk
Common
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
Finally the deer stills and he allows it’s bloody, torn up leg to slip from his mouth. Teeth stained in blood as well as his muzzle and a bit of his chest, he licks a black tongue over his chops. Reveling in the taste of the crimson liquid, he quickly sets his eyes on Simmik and she’s calling for his assistance.

Noticing that she’s stuck beneath the heavy body of the doe, he pads over to latch teeth onto the deer that’s nearest to Simmik. Already tasting a new burst of blood in his maw, he begins pulling back on the animal. Muscles shifting beneath his coat he’s yanks and pulls, ripping flesh along with moving the body off of the snowy wolf until she’s free. 

He steps away and heads closer to Simmik, offering a rather sweet smile to her. “Shall we dig in? You can take the dawn to your pack if you’d like.” 
813 Posts
Ooc — hela
Warrior
The second she was able to wriggle herself free, she jumped up, back onto all four paws, random parts of her snowy coat stained with blood and an exhilarated light in the fiery depths of her gaze. She shook out her fur and nipped at his chin playfully as he spoke. 

She nodded. I was going to leave the fawn with you, but if you insist... She wouldn't turn down food for her pack. Her stomach rumbled then, and she smiled before turning and heading towards the doe. She proceeded to tear into the meat of her shoulder without anymore pause. She was hungry. She did glance to Donovan as she chewed her first bite to make sure he was partaking in their spoils as well.
Inuttuk
Common
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
As he spoke she nipped and licked at his chin playfully and he gives winning smile back in return. Then at her words he shakes his head. “No dear, you deserve to take some back to your own pack as well. You’re an fair hunting partner.” Then he winks to her. “Beautiful too.”

With his corny compliment, he too begins digging into the doe’s lifeless body. He’s insanely hungry and he’s in such a good mood; Simmik seems to have that effect on him. He’s biting into the leg he thrashed about and shook the limb violently to rip off chunks of the muscle; some of the best parts of the deer. 

“Thank you for spending the night with me, darling. I enjoyed it.” He offers his thanks after he swallows a chunk of meat. His own honey hues gazing into the fiery orange the she wolf posses, affection clear in his eyes.
813 Posts
Ooc — hela
Warrior
sorry i died for a while

She rolled her eyes and shook her head at his corny words, but she couldn't keep the grin from her face. Truthfully, she liked that he complimented her so often. 

She settled down and began to eat when he did, quiet for a few minutes as she pulled chucks of meat from the deer to chew and swallow. She, too, was in a good mood; it was hard not to be. 

When he spoke again, she stopped eating and offered him a tender smile. Her gaze held his, the emotion in his own making warmth bloom in her chest as the familiar fluttering returned to her stomach. I did too, she said, her lips still holding a smile. I hope there are more nights like that and days like this. With that, she picked up the leg she had been working on and settled back down next to him, making sure they were close enough that their sides touched. She nuzzled his shoulder and then returned to her meal.
Inuttuk
Common
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
You're okay! I feel that.

They eat in a comfortable silence for a solid few minutes. Then his companion is speaking up once more. The beautiful voice she possesses is flirting through his ears once more. His thick auds are flicking quickly to her direction, listening intently. A smile comes to his maw when she speaks. He decides that he truly likes what she’s saying. Confessing that she had as good of a night as he did. Brilliant.

As she comes to sit beside him, brushing along each other’s sides, he hums pleasantly to her. He doesn’t care for the blood from the deer covering his maw as he laps languidly at her muzzle affectionately.

“I say it’s about time for me to find my pack again, darling. Take them this meal, let them feast and such.” He offers, sadness almost flitting into his gaze. “I had a good time too. Perhaps we can do it again.” He hums to her, smile becoming much more charming than teasing like it usually is.
813 Posts
Ooc — hela
Warrior
But their time away from reality had to come to end eventually, so she ate her fill and they said their goodbyes. He walked her to the borders, and she nuzzled the fur of his neck once more before picking up her spoils and dragging them back to her pack. Whether or not she would tell them where they came from was unknown, but she would always look back on this memory fondly.
Inuttuk
Common