Wheeling Gull Isle cavern, chambers, cascading
39 Posts
Ooc —
Away
All Welcome 
Exploring The Quiet!

While some of the islander were preoccupied with a birth, something he wasn't very aware of, he had stolen away to a cave. He had accidentally stumbled upon it in some aimless wandering. Found an opening that the water flowed into and decided it couldn't be that bad!

In fact, it was overwhelming silent in here. Very delicately he let out a soft bark. Only to hear it echo back to him in distorted waves.

How odd!
if this account is online i am available to spree!
63 Posts
Ooc — Laur
While he knew of their leader's condition and the island's upcoming additions, Ruvik mostly stayed out of the way. Huā seemed like she had enough support from her family, as well as from the two beastly men who also called this island home (Ruvik believed one was her husband, though he hadn't the courage to ask who). He did wish to help, however, if only from the sidelines, and so the boy dedicated his time to exploring the island for gifts to bring to the puppies.

An echoing bark caught his attention as he wandered, and Ruvik cautiously headed towards the sound. He stopped as he suddenly found himself standing before the wide, yawning mouth of a cavern. Quickly disappearing into the darkness was the solitary figure of a pack mate, and he sucked in a shaky breath before following silently, curious about both the stranger and the landmark he had just found.
Ruvik is a limited consent character, which means you don't need my consent to inflict damage (anything goes — except outright killing him)!
39 Posts
Ooc —
Away
It was a good thing he was not a guardian. He didn't even notice the appearance of the other who had decided to follow. Instead he was entranced by the cavern before him.

Hellooooo. He called out gently as his tail wormed behind his runted form. As expected, it echoed back in shaky tones. Drawn out and distorted as it reached his ears. This was far better than anything he had expected to find today.
63 Posts
Ooc — Laur
It seemed he was not noticed by the other, yet Ruvik still remained wary, standing awkwardly at the entrance of the cave as his pack mate investigated further. From here, the other seemed similarly built to himself - reedy and small, a stark contrast to the other warrior males of the island. Ruvik was not particularly comforted by the fact, his cowardly nature wanting to be protected by stronger individuals, not those like himself.

Still, he wasn't averse to meeting the other male, and so began to creep forward, stopping when he let out a loud helloooo. His heart skipped a beat thinking the greeting was for him. "Hh..." he began, inwardly panicking. How did he know he was there? Did he have eyes in the back of his head? "Hello?"
Ruvik is a limited consent character, which means you don't need my consent to inflict damage (anything goes — except outright killing him)!
39 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Oh, his voice had echoed alright. Except...hey. That wasn't his voice! The fur down his spine seemed to prickle with panic before he spun around. Although panicked brain made him do a full circle. What if the voice had actually come from in front of him?

Eventually he stopped in the direction of the stranger. Green eyes wide as he stared at him. Was that you? Because, sadly, Oleander did not have eyes in the back of his head. He hadn't the slightest idea of someone else being here with him.

You can't just, just...sneak up on someone! Blurted with a shake of his head. Absolutely unbelievable.
63 Posts
Ooc — Laur
That got his attention. In an instant, the stranger whipped his head around, completing a full circle and a half before his wide, emerald gaze settled on Ruvik. The boy shrank before him, hide end lowering into the cold waters as he instinctively submitted. "S-s-sorr-..." he stammered, all at once recalling the encounter with the terrifying woman he had met at Rusalka's border.

Only here, he could not run away. Here, he was bound to run into this man more than once. "S-sorry, sorry," Ruvik finally managed, his wobbly voice barely controlled. He backed up a few steps, before rising ever so slightly. "Ruvik...Ruvik sorry, only w-want to say...hi."
39 Posts
Ooc —
Away
His ears turned and flattened against his skull. It sucked to see the guy like that. Oleander hadn't even been all that mean!

Ah, come on, Ruvik. He offered in what was supposed to be a reassuring tone. Might have come across as a bit exasperated. 'M Oleander and...you don't gotta stand like that. Please don't stand like that. It made the runt horribly uncomfortable in too many ways for him to bother explaining.

Why don't you, uhhhh... Shoot. What made nervous creatures feel more comfortable? Come check out this echo with me? Yeah? Bonding!
63 Posts
Ooc — Laur
The other boy's slightly irked attempt to bolster his confidence did very little, even as he introduced himself and assured he needn't stand like he currently was. Ruvik continued staring unblinkingly, hindquarters still lowered; he truly did not know any other way of holding himself. Still, he wandered forward stiffly at Oleander's suggestion with a nervous smile. "O-okay."

He peered past his pack mate and into the depths of the cavern before them, marveling at the size. It was cool and dark in here, the crashing of the waves behind them fading into a dull roar, replaced with the sounds of delicate water droplets and his own quiet paw steps. Unlike Oleander, Ruvik didn't feel brave enough to call out into the unknown, so instead looked quizzically to his newfound companion. "Echo is...in cave?"
39 Posts
Ooc —
Away
This felt like a better start. So he moved to take a few steps deeper into the caverns. Tail swayed behind him with friendly intention.

Uh, yeah. Chirped in response with a nod. Watch. He'd take in a deep breath before he let out a bark. Which would appropriately bounce off the walls and echo in sound, dying down slowly. Of course he was deeply amused by all of this which would show with his smile.

Try it out. He encouraged with a gesture towards the open expanse.
63 Posts
Ooc — Laur
Oleander confirmed his question, before moving further into the cave and releasing a sudden bark that caused Ruvik to flinch. However, the only thing that happened was his pack mate's voice bouncing around and off the cavern walls, eventually fading into the distance as if it were traveling down into the depths of the cave. Ruvik stared after it, fascinated.

He glanced to Oleander with a look as if the boy had discovered fire itself, before turning back to the cave and walking forward with an air of wonder. "Wh-where it go?" he said, dumbfounded.
39 Posts
Ooc —
Away
That was a good question! Except Oleander did not have an actual answer to that.

I'm not sure. Answered truthfully as a thoughtful look crossed his face. I guess that means we need to explore it more. Although he wasn't actually sure what they might find within the cavern. More walls that the sound would bounce across. Deeper and deeper into the unknown.

He'd move to try and find his way further. Part of him wondered if Ruvik would still follow.
63 Posts
Ooc — Laur
Suuuper late post to finish this up <3

Oleander hadn't an answer for him, as he strode forward with the decision that they should explore further. Ruvik hung back for a moment or two, dancing from paw to paw as his paranoia whispered that a monster could be waiting inside the cave, that the echoes were simply it repeating their words, luring them closer.

Yet the further Oleander moved away, the more Ruvik's nerves about being left alone grew, and so with a whine, he followed his pack mate into the depths, where they both explored the caverns for the rest of the day (and fortunately found no monsters).