Moonspear it seems that we weathered the storm
spectrelight
260 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
On her return from the wilds just over a day after leaving, the pale Drakru slowed her pace once the elevations began to climb out of the foothills around Moonspear--and sighed a great sigh, her body tired and heart sore to boot. The forests rose to greet her in turn, and she kept on alongside a creeping dusk after a long, warm day; the trek back had not been made in the same haste as the one she had left on, but for no reason other than her own self preservation, and the need for some time to compose her thoughts, herself alongside it, too.

But, now that she wanted to call herself regrouped and centered, she tipped back her muzzle and howled out for the son of the alphas that had asked for her report on return. She did intend to keep her word, and above all, didn't want them to think she had abandoned them on whim at the first sign of her lost comrade. Opalia did not know him well enough to say  where exactly she might find @Osiris, though guessed near the fringes, or perhaps closer to his mother's den. Unsure, she kept up a small mosey into the woods while heading towards a small creek she did know for a long drink.
set for when she gets back from here so still vague-y noises but wanted to toss something up!
Delta
grind me down
495 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Guardian
Away

Desdemona had yet to catch Opalia. When her scent had drifted near, she started to follow the trail. She was unsure a lot of what has been happening within Moonspear, as she had been more reclusive since becoming nocturnal. However now with her schedule back to the day, she hoped to continue socializing, and practicing being more.. Normal, to say.

It was easier to find her when she called out for one of the Prince's. Desdemona still had to tell her about Sugar Glider.

"Opalia," the panther called out to the girl by the creek.
523 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Guardian
Osiris had anticipated that Opalia's trip would take longer than a day and was surprised to hear from her so soon. Interested in what she had to report, he was quick to answer her call. "I'll be right there," he howled in reply. Abandoning the bone he had been chewing, Osiris moved to meet Opalia. 

It took him longer than Desedemona to arrive. "Opalia," he called from a distance, not yet recognizing the other silhouette. Once the shadow's figure became more distinguishable, he identified the other woman; it had been some time since they had last seen each other. "Desedemona," Osiris greeted as he stalled to a stop. Although he was interested in checking in with the dark-furred woman, there were far more important matters to attend to first. 

"I'm glad to see that you've returned," Osiris said to Opalia, a rare tinge of warmth kindling his tone. "Did you find Priamfaya?"
spectrelight
260 Posts
Ooc —
Fatigue threatened her now as her pawsteps had slowed, and familiarity encompassed her surroundings. She blinked it away, licking her lips after her drink and turning her ears to the reply that sounded. The last while felt like such a blur, though it was just her mind working in overdrive, she convinced herself. It had been one large piece of what she had wanted for so long, but now, perhaps it could only mark a new beginning--a renewal in her focus, perhaps.

When a presence came upon her first (sooner than she had expected Osiris to meet her), she instinctively tensed, but turned to behold Desdemona, shortly after she called back for her. The pale Drakru turned from the waterway, and softly swayed her tail as she looked her dark comrade over--hoping that she was feeling well enough. Long time no see, she chuffed, though there was that tiredness on her voice that bothered her secretly. Then, she caught sight of the agouti son surfacing from the wilds around them. Opalia's stance shifted, much more mindful than before.

With a slow exhale, she prepared her answer. I did, she replied first, tipping her nose down further with a glance towards Desdemona before Osiris became the singular focus. She wondered what he had relayed to his mother, and what passed between them already. Hence, her haste (after she had dallied so badly just after Dacio's death, after all): so not to leave them puzzling over her. Presently, she was with medics, on the mend--having been attacked by a woman in the bleeding forests not far from the coasts. Part of a pair striking a claim there, evidently.. the Drakru gestured vaguely with her snout. The forests were far enough from the mountain to not be of immediate concern for them here, but worth knowing, should they have scouts and other wayfarers. Per her knowledge, and time living at the coast, none had marked the place as their own in her memory. That was how Sugar had found her for me, she detailed, giving pause there before unpacking the rest.
Delta
grind me down
495 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Guardian
Away
Desdemona realized her mistake, "Apologies, I did not mean to interrupt you two," and dipped her head. She only wished to relay information to one, and didn't want to intervene within their talk. However since she was there, learned about Praimfaya.. That she had not seen in a long while since she had gone to the night-shift. The woman had left? A shame, she looked of a great warrior.

The spider also mometarily narrowed her eyes on her being attacked as well, as it seeems now there was trouble within the coast. Thankfully, Moonspear was not near it anytime soon, but if she remembered right, they had an ally near. However, Desdemona, upon hearing 'Sugar,' spoke up.

"Sugar Glider came previously for a visit to say hello," and respectfully said what was needed for the past while, "she sends her greetings, Opalia."
523 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Guardian
Osiris welcomed Desedmona's company, as he had meant to catch up with her as well. "You don't need to apologize," he insisted. "This conversation is about a former packmate who went missing. You have as much right to know what happened as I do." 

Opalia then spilled the beans, and Osiris resisted the urge to smile; karma had struck yet again. His wicked thoughts were short-lived, as the mention of an attack demanded his immediate attention. Osiris knew nothing of bleeding woods, but he knew that Praimfaya was a strong fighter and was not easily defeated. Whoever had attacked her was one to keep an eye out for. "Does she know who attacked her?" he asked, pressing his ears forward.
spectrelight
260 Posts
Ooc —
She nodded to second Osiris when he said Desdemona had a right to know. Opalia was not trying to keep this just between them. If the guardian was interested in hearing it, then let her. There were no secrets to be had here, and of many of the faces in Moonspear, Desdemona was certainly among those she had no issue with hearing this.

No name, but a description at least.. she began, softly shaking her head. Praimfaya wounded her neck and chest, she said, the gona said, suspecting some scars might be a distinguishing feature. She had a dull brown coat and green eyes. Probably a nasty attitude that might make her hard to overlook.. she noted for their sake, and licked the backs of her teeth. Perhaps in time, she might find out more about her. Besides the pair's tie to the bleeding woods near the coast, Opalia did not have a lot else to say on them specifically, but felt the warning to watch out worthwhile still. She doubted they would be making trouble close to the mountain, but she could very well be wrong. Praimfaya also said after here, she had gone to Crogeda first, then was with the remnants of her birth pack in Sagtannet on Sawtooth Spire. Plus, that she would explain herself to Moonspear.. one day, she mentioned, a bit more tense about it. Not yet how the silvered commander felt that Moonspear had not been forward with her, or that she claimed to have never been a permanent situation. She would let Osiris take that news one piece at a time.

Then, towards Desdemona, she knew undoubtedly that Sugar Glider would always have a strange, very particular place in her heart. She was sorry to have missed her, honestly. Did Sugar say anything about where she would be next..? she asked, a hint of hope too, but knowing that it was the nature of her duty to roam and serve wherever needed a medic.
Delta
grind me down
495 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Guardian
Away
Desdemona gave a nod of appreciation as the two reassured she wasn't a disturbance. Otherwise she patiently listened, finding more about it. There was a frown upon the hearing of the wound. A mental note of a new enemy at mind, as even if Praimfaya was no longer apart of Moonspear, she was still once an ally.

"No." The guard shook her head, "she said she joined Frosthawk, so perhaps she went back."
523 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Guardian
Opalia's report was unnerving; the detailed perpetrator was a threat to Moonspear. "This woman sounds like a skilled fighter—," or killer, given the description of Praimfaya's injuries, "—we'll have to warn the others." Osiris glanced at Desdemona as he spoke, confident that she'd agree. 

When Opalia went on to account Priamfaya's actions, he listened attentively—finding himself all the more unsettled with her unexpected departure. Despite his feelings, and for the sake of keeping things diplomatic, he met her words with a nod. "I'll wait for her return, then," Osiris decided; he would make a point to personally heed Praimfaya's call if she ever returned. 

As his company fell into a conversation regarding Sugar Glider, Osiris reflected on his opinion of Praimfaya—the good, the bad, and the ugly. Mostly the ugly.
spectrelight
260 Posts
Ooc —
Nodding to Osiris, she did want the pack to know--and his mother, first and foremost. She would help get the word to her pack, Opalia trusted. I agree. It seems best to keep a lookout, and be safe when traveling beyond the mountain too, she said, thinking wolves going alone especially were at risk. It sounded to her like that was why Praimfaya had been jumped like she had been, also thanks to being where the pair had laid some type of claim, apparently. I do not know how long she will be healing, but I did advise that when she is ready, and able.. to come, she added in a lower voice, and finished with a slow exhale. It was up to Praimfaya to follow through on that or not, but really, she did not know what would come of such a meeting exactly.

On the other topic: Frosthawk, Desdemona mentioned, and Opalia kept that piece with a slow nod. It was something, at least, and likely the best tie on Sugar Glider that she would have for now. Just.. wherever she went, the pale Drakru hoped she knew how grateful she was for her efforts.

Thank you, both of you. If it is all you'd like to know for now, it's been a long few days.. I could use a real rest, I think, and I do intend to carry my news to your mother if you do not get there first, she said lowly as well, mostly to Osiris in the end--unless he had more questions, she was thinking about receding into cover, and sleeping a deep sleep; she could finish regrouping after that now that she didn't feel like she was rushing around, or feeling simply overcome.
Delta
grind me down
495 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Guardian
Away
Desdemona would keep in mind about the potential thread. Most likely amp up there patrolling as well for this threat- and hope perhaps the white warrior would return. She would hope so, and that she was well. While scars were admirable, and honorable, she still wouldn't wish it upon anyone, for a permanent injury. For herself, any scar she had was held underneath her dark fur. 

With that being said, one Opalia mentioned getting some rest, the guard dipped her head in a polite farwell.
523 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Guardian
"Of course," Osiris said in reply to Opalia, as he escaped his thoughts. "Rest now—I'll deliver the message, and let her know that you intend to talk to her as well." She needed rest, and he was happy to shoulder some of her responsibility. 

There was a lot to relay to @Hydra, and Osiris wanted to catch up with her now. He bobbed his head to signify his leave and then set off towards to meet his mother. Once the news was relayed, Osiris decided to take up a nighttime patrol—just incase Praimfaya's attacker decided to come anywhere near their homestead. They didn't, thankfully, and his watch was as quiet as it had been recently.