Seaside Moors But it's clear out here
s t i g m a t a
440 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Private 
@Aningan and maybe @Erzulie and @Rosalyn

Rowan was unsure about being here. The coarse, tufty grasses. The pebbled beaches. The very open air.
The birds were funny and looked really strange to him, the food was often bitter, salty, and very wet.
He loved the pack, the wolves that called the ocean their home.

He passed through the territory, thinking and mulling over his situation.
Cose by was a woman - perhaps a whole pack - that wanted to kill him for where he was born and for a war he had absolutely no part in, his wound was healed, and he wanted to go home and find his Mother.
Was it time? Surely it was.
He wondered if @Tundra wanted to leave yet, like she said so.

But he'd understand if he was asked to stay. Asked for their children. Their Mothers. He wouldn't leave them if they asked him for that.
Rowan tipped his head and called for the Alpha and Beta's, hoping to find them quicker that way.
| |
One lie is enough to question all truths. 
303 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Overhead there soared the uppik, quiet yet watchful. He observed her from his place on the ground, always curious to see her out during the day; amused by his generalisation of owls, she was yet to inform him of her kind’s habit of being out during the daylight hours. He wondered often what it must be like to fly as she did, to see the world from such heights… but those thoughts, for the time being, were cast aside by the sound of a summoning.

Aningan barked to his companion once, alerting her prior to disappearing to answer the call. Perching within a nearby tree, the uppik opted out of following after him, leaving the bear to seek out the other male on his own. And when he eventually found Rowan, he greeted him with a low chuff, curious to discover what was needed.
Characters are more than welcome to mistake Aningan for a polar bear.
A snowy owl can also be noted hanging around with Aningan, usually in the trees or sky, unless stated otherwise in my posts.
s t i g m a t a
440 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
The Alpha's owl floated in the distance, and Rowan strove for it, knowing it would be close to the man he sought.
He regretted making the decision to leave so soon now, but the cogs were already in motion and Rowan could not stop them now.

He smiled briefly upon seeing Aningan.
He replied with a soft chuff of his own before starting into his plans, knowing the man wouldn't be kept waiting.
"I think it may be best for me to leave...before I cause trouble." He looked at the man earnestly. He didn't want to be stopped, but he also knew that pack came first, and was ready for that.
"If you need me to stay longer, then I will, but the sooner I leave the less likely I will be found." He would understand. Surely.

So would Tundra and the Beta pair. He'd miss Erzuile -- and Rosalyn, though he'd not seen much of her -- and their children. They were cute and small, and he wanted to protect them as much as the rest of the pack.
| |
303 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Little time was wasted before the other male spoke, sharing his thoughts of leaving; Aningan could recall his own words spoken upon Rowan’s first entrance into the pack, and wondered if perhaps that was his reasoning. To leave before trouble found him—although, trouble was yet to come knocking at their door thus far, was it not? “Have you talked to Tundra about this?” he asked, naturally curious. It was clear from the get-go that those two were close, and he hated the idea of the wintry woman being blindsided.

“No one has come looking for you yet,” he said next. “If you aren’t really ready to leave now, you don’t have to.” Whether or not the bear would fight for the boy was yet to be determined—he wanted more than anything to keep his family safe but, by having allowed Rowan to join them back then, had he not been welcomed into their family, too? Was that not what he intended for Rusalka to become and remain, a united family? He felt conflicted by his own thoughts, unable to decide which side to place himself on. To view the other male as a to-be threat or as one of their own… he couldn’t yet choose.
A snowy owl can also be noted hanging around with Aningan, usually in the trees or sky, unless stated otherwise in my posts.
s t i g m a t a
440 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
He nodded.
"Yeah, I mentioned it a while ago, and have told her recently that I was going to ask," he replied.
He didn't want to stress Tundra. He knew she had some conflicts in leaving, even for a short time. But what had happened before...she didn't return.
He hadn't brought it up recently, though now he thinks he shoudl have. But he won't be leaving stright away, that was for sure.

Yet, though.
Not yet.
He licked his lips, anxious. He wasn't sure about everything.
"I love everyone here. Tundra, Erzuile, the children." It was like a peaceful Blackfeather. One where MAegi wasn't crazy, and the children weren't all dying, and there weren't characters that worried Rowan by sulking about.

He thought for a few more moments.
"I know, but I would be soon. And I don't want you all to hate me," he looked apologetically to the bear, tail softly swaying. "You've all been amazing," he smiled.
They really have, but his heart was dragging him back to Blackfeather.​
| |
303 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
He spoke of caring for those within Rusalka, the sentiment one the bear could appreciate. But caring alone was not enough to keep him there—or, perhaps, it was what drove him away. “I don’t think anyone here would hate you,” he settled for saying first, confident with his words; as far as he could tell, the boy got along we with the others, after all. Aningan wondered who all, besides Tundra, might miss his being there—would they have hoped the young leader to try harder to convince him to stay? He wondered this but, ultimately, it did not matter—Rowan would do what he wanted and the Inuk would not hold him back.

“Do you have somewhere to go?” he asked next, wondering aloud. If he were to leave, whenever it may be, Aningan felt it his duty to ensure he had a place to go beforehand.
s t i g m a t a
440 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Aningan assured him that he wouldn't be hated.
He found it hard to believe himself thinking of it, but he knew what it was like. He'd felt it.

Rowan gave the polar wolf a smile, grateful for the reassurance.
All he wanted was to know he still had friends here, and Tundra wasn't outed for sticking with him.
He would miss the wolves here and certainly would visit them again.
His tail wagged at all these thoughts.

The next question didn't faze him.
"Yes, I'm going to Blackfeather, and perhaps make a pack of my own," he smiled, hoping that Aningan would be at least ok with this. "That way I don't need to rely on others for protection."
Like you, he nearly tagged on but thought against it. Then he thought what he'd said sounded weak and shrewd, but kept his mouth shut, quietly cursing himself.
| |
303 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Blackfeather.

He knew the name, if only vaguely; occasionally he wondered what more of it he was tied to but, having not seen Maegi since months ago, he had no way of discovering this. No matter, it was of minimal concern—he had his family within Rusalka and they were all he needed.

“Do you have any followers?” he found himself asking, focusing back on the conversation at hand. “Leading isn’t... it isn’t always what you expect it to be.” Hardly ever, really. And whilst he had no issues with this idea of his, he also did not wish to be him; founding a pack seemed like a terribly consuming task, at best.
s t i g m a t a
440 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Sorry for the wait!
His eyes flickered with something.
Confused recognition perhaps. Like a name you'd heard in passing with a description, then finding that wolf later in life.
He didn't think it was possible to forget or miss Blackfeather, but Tundra had.

He shrugged, "Not yet, but I'm sure I'll find some," he grinned, tail wagging.
Marisol. Yeah, she would, he was sure.
He hoped they'd make it in one piece.
And the polar wolf gave him a warning that wasn't unheeded.

Maegi didn't fare too well. It seemed.
He thinks he could do better, and it may be long and hard, but he'll do it.
"Thank you," he smirked, not yet refining the act of polite thanks.
| |
303 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
No followers yet but the confidence of finding them. Aningan was uncertain but held his tongue; whatever happened, it would not be his place to get involved. Slowly, the bear nodded, acknowledging what was said but having little more to say in return. “Good luck then,” he settled for. Perhaps things would work out, in the end.
s t i g m a t a
440 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Rowan could feel the dubious sensation running from the man.
Was he too young? Was he too inexperienced?
He second-guessed himself, ears flicking uncertainly, but still.
It couldn't be that bad, could it?

"Thank you," he smiled, tail waving in gratefulness, and then took his leave to find Tundra and tell her of the news.
He hoped she'd be ok with it.
| |