Redsand Canyon They're throwing bottles at your house.
Ghost
"God is every bit as feral as that which he creates."
816 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Warrior
Ecologist
Limit Two 
The mountains have swept him away. It is as if Ursus no longer exists for Revui; it does, of course. He knows somewhere within himself that he must go home eventually. He is having too much fun coursing up and down the mountain paths.

When the scent of deer hits his nose he follows it - no plan in mind, no care at all to where he ends up - and descends a slope along the north face and gradually tracks an errant herd until the trees thin, the stone lightens to an eerie red, and there is nothing around him but struggling trees and dust.

The trail goes cold because there are no tracks; the summer wind blusters through a gully and obliterates them before he can recognize what he's after. It is frustrating for a moment only. A flare-up of irritation that smooths over when Revui glances over his shoulder at the towering mountain with its deepening shadow.

He presses on. Other scents parry with that of his prey but they do not interest him - he is focused on his gluttony and misses the obvious signs of canine activity nearby. It does not matter; if someone comes between him and his food, Revui will shift his appetite accordingly.

The woods have always been filled with these soft doe-eyed things;
with hearts beating for the arrow, the bullet, the lance.

I have always been the huntsman.  ⤑

Saints Of The Dying Light
Banned
131 Posts
Ooc —
Hunger and rage drove the shewolf forward, crossing the shallow water at the bottom of the canyon. Not only had she been unable to taste the shewolf dumb enough to sleep with her Donovan, she had been forced to walk away to preserve her pack. 
It was a lot more work than she had signed up for, all these packs touching shoulders with each other. Before, she had to contend with two or three at most, and they had all either been like minded or fearful of Bloodbourne. It made her pelt itch with the ammount of disrespect she had been shown as of late. 
A scent, or rather a mix of scents, crossed her. Interesting. This wasn't one of the ones that had run them out of the bleeding forest. Nor was it the one who the shewolf she had taught a lesson to came from. Perhaps there was a chance to prove herself to Donovan. 

She followed the trail, eventually finding its owner, and gave a bark of greeting. 
"You're tresspassing." She spoke calmly, sizing the other wolf up. He looked like a fighter, and it gave her satisfaction that whatever pack they were from might actually be useful for once.
Ghost
816 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Warrior
Ecologist
A distinct aroma finally wafted his way that did not fit in the grand scheme of things: pine. It wasn't strong but seeing as there were no sap-laden trees in the immediate vicinity Revui's attention was snared. He was still hungry. The thought of chasing down a deer or ripping in to a fawn was what emboldened him. Perhaps the herd he tracked had become lost within this crimson place.

Having not grown up around this loose sand-like soil, the warrior was not aware of the sound cancelling quality of it, and when the woman's bark pierces the air it seems to come out of nowhere. He turns, levelling his head with his shoulders as he assumed a defensive posture out of habit; he was a tank, and the woman he now spied - while being somewhat thickly proportioned - had surprised him.

You're trespassing. She tells him.

He huffs, watching her a moment longer. The irregular undulation of her sides is familiar - something inside of her is broken. She looks as if she's seen combat; some scuffs, ambiguous scars. No, he has no reason to care for her warning. Choosing instead to ignore her outright, he continues to peruse the sand for signs of the herd and arcs a path around her.

no man’s an island, no
73 Posts
Ooc —
Revui's scent was here - why here, in this ugly ass red desert? Sunhawk squinted against the glare of sun and sand, detecting moments later a trace of a roving prey band. 

Ah. Food. That made a bit more sense. Sunhawk had the impression Revui was a fellow that liked his grub. 

He followed after the footsteps in the sand, breaking into a trot only as Revui's unmistakably huge form came into view. Standing next to the mountain, Sunhawk was a shrimp - a grinning, idiot shrimp as he spoke up. There ya are, pardner!! Fine day for a hunt, I dare declare. The rhyme was nonsensical and made Sunhawk grin. Said grin downright evaporated as the oblivious git caught sight of the venomous looking woman not so far behind. Hey, uh.. Now I don't want to be raisin' no hairs, but are you aware there's a viper over yon following you? Sunhawk peered around Revui's Goliath form nervously, liking Nemisis' vibes just about as much as you would like the feeling of a very hairy spider crawling across your hand in a cookie jar.
Banned
131 Posts
Ooc —
Her expression sours when he asseses her, disregarding her and continuing on her way. She growls, following him to a little friend. 
What was at first an opportunity, is now a problem. She moves forward, legs like pistons, body sleek. 
She eyes the two as she approaches, silently fuming. 
"I believe I said you were trespassing. These lands now belong to the Saints. Now I'm asking you nicely, move off." 
She turned to the scrawny looking wolf perched on the rock, lip curled. 
"Unless you intend to join us? This one smells like a pack...but you don't." 
Ghost
816 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Warrior
Ecologist
As expected, she is merely a gnat buzzing at his ear while he goes about his business. Before long there is a third presence and when Revui takes notice, he turns to look at them too, finally beginning to bristle a little down his scruff; he knows his capabilities but it is unwise to confront multiple wolves in any space, he knows that.

The voice hits him like a ton of bricks. The enigmatic fisherman? His boisterous voice fills the void between the stacks of stone, and he gallumphs alongside Revui, pointing out the presence of the seething woman as if she'd just appeared.

Before Revui could comment, the woman was sniping at them again. Talking about someone called The Saints, who he would have known about from Merrick had he been more attentive to the politics within his home pack. Unfortunately for everyone involved, Revui was oblivious. It was just as likely he'd be full of attitude regardless, as he did not take being ordered about by some useless woman kindly.

Unless you intend to join us? This one smells like a pack... but you don't. The shadow quips with a look between the two men. Revui has had enough of her by now. Her voice is a drone that is slowly burning through his ears. With a small flash of his teeth he faces Nemisis and says, We are hunting. Join us or get out of the way.

no man’s an island, no
73 Posts
Ooc —
The wolf that gave some serious Shelob vibes scuttled after them, prompting Sunny to quickly pull his head back behind Revui. Yeee. He heard the asp's thinly veiled threat and looked up to the stormy wolf, who kept plowing on as if nothing had happened. 

Sunhawk, rather than be left to Nemisis's company, trotted after Revui and hissed in his ear. Don't think she wants us to hunt here, chappy. He took one more look behind him, thoroughly convinced Nemisis was the Baba Yaga come to take his soul. Let's split off and go somewhere where the locals are a bit softer around the eyes, eh? Think this one might bite your head off soon as look at ya, and I'd hate to have to carry you back to the missus in two pieces. Lordy, what would your fine lady think!!
Banned
131 Posts
Ooc —
At least the Dark pelted one had some sense, urgently pleading for his friend to obey her and leave. 
If only the idiot in grey would get the message. Honestly, were all the wolves in his pack stupid? Or just him? 
She continues persuing them across the sand, smirking slightly at how terrified of her the black seems to be, when the grey turns to snarl at her. Consider the bitch switch flipped. 
"If you were smart, you would listen to your friend here. Hunt somewhere else. This is a pack territory." She curled her own lips back in clear warning. 
The scent she finally recognized- Merrik's Pack, the one Donovan said they were supposed to be on good terms with. Clearly this Sand For Brains didn't get the message. 
"You're from Ursus, right? Our packs are Allied. I would really hate to explain to your leader that you disobeyed a direct order from a leader of an Allied pack. " 
Ghost
816 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Warrior
Ecologist
He snorts at the other man's commentary, finding it deeply amusing. Almost as amusing as the attempts by the woman to stop him. Her words were nothing but noise; Revui was confident she could do very little to stop him herself, and if she called for help then it would be more fun for him - although, he did glance at his companion with a quick look-over. He did not look like a warrior; he had called himself a fisherman before, so anything Revui did would put his new friend at risk. He takes a slow breath; as he considers his options, Nemisis is chattering on.

You're from Ursus, right? She drawls, and Revui flicks an ear her way. The alliance she mentions is news to him but it is a curious concept. Why would there be any alliance between Merrick's valley wolves and this weakling? He stops striding along and turns to regard Nemisis as she threatens, I would really hate to explain to your leader that you disobeyed a direct order--

Whatever else she intended to say, Revui did not hear her. He let out a sound that was halfway between a grunt and a laugh. If you know Ursus, you know Merrick. I obey him alone. He pushes close to her, looking at her eye-to-eye as if he is a hungry crocodile and she, a puny river fish that he can snap up with ease. It is why I have not ripped that voice out of you yet.

If they were truly allies then she would assist him in his hunt, not threaten him away from one. They could share the bounty as friends. Or was she lying, hoping that the threat of Merrick's wrath would change Revui's mind? He had already cut in to Astara, and she was the shadow's queen. By comparison Nemisis' protests were nothing.

"Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future."
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
Donovan sees the figures from good distance away. So many jumbled into one spot makes him curious as to what’s going on. Obviously, he goes to investigate.

Urging himself into a brisk trot, he makes it there in no time. His hulking form comes up to the bunch. His black tongue such a stark and different contrast with the sun as it lulls out of his mouth. Licking his chops, he slips it back into his maw and his golden eyes lock into the first wolf that catches his undivided attention. Revui, a large, powerful beast just like himself. Yet his fur is of ashen grays and dim silvers. His blood is surely pure wolf if Donovan has anything to say about it. But his eyes aren’t the only thing taking in important details. A black leathery nose inhaling breath fulls of his interesting scent, catching a hint of what Donovan removers to be Merrick’s scent. The devious coy slips itself in his mind briefly as he connects the two. Yes, this is a member of Merrick’s pack. Judging by the last words he hears him speak to Nemisis. 

His body language is confident, head held high, and canary hues dead set on the other. Holding eye contact in a dominant posture, he steps in between the male and his Overseer. Looking to him as if it is a dare to touch a member of his pack aggressively. 
He knows the smaller male to the right of him isn’t any thread due to the hesitant uneasiness that projects on his face. Nemisis is just behind him, but he pays no mind to her yet. 

He tilts his chin up in a single nod of acknowledgment to the metallic wolf across from him. “A member of Merrick’s pack, no? I smell him on you — overheard your little conversation.” He comments to him. “If you’re unaware, our packs are allies; do not threaten us.” He says the words sternly, before his own orbs glance to Nemisis. “I’m sure she said her own share of threats.” Eyes go back to Revui. “Whatever you’re here for I will allow it. If it is to hunt we’re more than willing to share our cache with an ally. All I ask is that you know your place here in our canyon — a friendly visitor.” Donovan smiles toward the end, white fangs gleaming off of the harsh sunlight. “So play nice.” He ends casually, though the undertones of his voice speak strength and assertiveness, he remains calm. Then he looks to Nemisis. “Both of you.”

Then, Donovan finally sets his eyes on the smaller male. Eyeing him with a curious expression then flicking back to Revui. “What’re your names?” He asks with a casual demeanor. Not threatening, but not completely dismissive.
no man’s an island, no
73 Posts
Ooc —
Sunhawk had his doubts the asp-faced woman truly cared about relations between whatever this "Ursus" was and her pack, but he kept his clap shut. If there was one thing he had learned, it was that there was a time and place for everything - and while he could occasionally be the southern-twanged version of a mild Claptrap, Sunhawk knew when to fold'em.

He stood at unease as Revui turned around like a boulder, lowering his head and eyeballing Nemisis like she was a goat on a tether - not a good image - and speaking of bad images, he couldn't help but notice the storm in the form of a wolf coming on the horizon.

A huge wolf. Like maybe as big, or bigger than Revui. What were these wolves all eating in this fangled valley, that they all grew to be the size of lobstrosities? Sunhawk didn't cower, but he wasn't exactly the picture of confidence either as he eyeballed the man and noticed, suddenly, the blackness of the man's tongue.

It was then his southern roots came shining through, his voice an eager timbre: "Friend, name's Sunhawk Endore, but you can call me Sunny if it do ya well. An' this here is my friend, pay no mind to the scowl on his big face - he's fine company with a fish or two in him." Sunhawk gave a wink and thought about slapping Revui's side (This tank can fit SO many fish in it) but then, thought against it. "Now, are you aware your tongue's got gangrene on it?" Sunhawk's voice had turned from twangy to sorrowful, as if their palaver would soon become darkened by great strife.
Banned
131 Posts
Ooc —
The nerve of this fucking....
She was trying so hard to not be a bitch for once and this idiot thought he could walk all over her? Demand he be allowed to hunt on HER lands? In an environment where the resources were limmited? 
Her eyes narrowed to slits and her lips drew back, muscles tensed to spring. Rib be damned, she was going to rip this little fucker's face off. 
She didn't get the opportunity to, however, as Donovan appeared, and she glared daggers at his back as he not only allowed this cur to disrespect her, but encouraged him to continue hunting. Icy fury at being overruled coursed through her and she spoke, really not giving a shit what the cringing little work had to say. 
"Darling, she started, in a tone that very much said (in the way a woman says to her husband) that he had fucked up. "I was just trying to nicely tell these two that our resources are limmited, and I highly doubt they had any intention of contribution to our cache. There are plenty of places to hunt that doesn't take away from a growing pack." The hypocrisy of her passing the exact same judgement that she condemned the fish-wolves for was lost on her.
Ghost
816 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Warrior
Ecologist
He watched her a moment longer. A part of him wished she would take the bait and liven up this meeting with some ill-advised combat but even Revui was not the type to pick on the injured; it would not have been a fair fight, and as eager as he was to show off his brawn and bravado for his new friend, it was better to let his hostility wash through himself and away. Revui would never act against an ally. He may have been posturing at the woman - and envisioning her silenced and bloody, perhaps faceless - but he remained resolute beside her.

That was when her leader arrived. He carried himself well. Heavy footfalls had Revui's ears pivoting as the lumbering giant made their approach; thankfully, Sunhawk made the introductions. The tension between himself and the angsty little shadow woman was thick indeed, he would not draw his attention away without good reason.

The newly arrived man reiterated a fair point: this group (or rather this pair) had Merrick's favor. No harm could come to them. Donovan's leniency in regard to hunting in the canyon was appreciated and Revui finally glanced over the woman to look upon him, his scowl affixed, but with a meagre nod of approval; a slight raise of his head in triumph. The woman sounded less complacent. There was that shrew-like voice again grating in Revui's ears, and he rumbled a low warning in his chest.

I said we are here to hunt, invited you to join us. Your master has spoken - get out of my way. Revui could tolerate disrespect upon himself to some degree, considering he held little respect for thise who did not earn it, but the chain of command was important. Would she refuse to obey the orders of her superior? The man was clearly in charge of this operation and looked like the kind of beast that could back up his commands with his teeth if need be. No wonder he had so impressed Merrick.

1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
Donovan stands there watching the pair, eyes only briefly flicking to Nemisis as she speaks to him. He give a single curt nod to her. “Yes dear, I understand. But they are allies so you must not try and eat them.” After whispering these words to her, he will address The two stranger wolves. 

He’s not too concerned with the smaller of the two, he seemed friendly enough to let him slide by without a scolding, Revui however is not. Though Nemisis does go looking for fights with harsh words, he will not tolerate disrespect to her either. So he steps forth in front of Revui, stopping him if he were about to step off. 

“We would like to hunt with you. Perhaps this could be a good way to get to know one another. Though, if you respect an ally of your pack at all and value a pack hierarchy, I would give some room to respect Nemisis as well. She is my equal, I’m not any above her as she is me.” He glances to all of them. “If that is settled, which I deathly hope it is, there is a herd of pronghorn just south of here if you two would allow us to join.” He ends his sentence with a smile that says of course you will allow us to join because you’re hunting in our lands.
no man’s an island, no
73 Posts
Ooc —
So no one was concerned about the black gout in Big Beastly's mouth? Mmmkay.

Sunhawk kept his jaws shut after that, letting the three bigger personalities in the room take control. His expression was relatively neutral until Revui basically said "mind-your-man-bitch" at the snake lady.

Cue:
[Image: tenor.gif]

Oh boy, Snakepit was not going to like that. Sunny's eyes fell to her in quiet shock, waiting for her reaction.

He could kick it back with the best of them, but if he had to fight snake-lady and her demon pet dog, he was guaranteed to lose unless Big Wig (Revui) somehow swooped in and rescued him mid "STAY BACK, I KNOW JIU-JIUTSU!!" scream.

Thankfully no one needed to see Sunny's moves (a shame, a blessing, a gift). He stuck to Revui like a remora, not entirely convinced that the bitey woman and her bridle compatriot weren't going to pull a fast one on them while they hunted.
Banned
131 Posts
Ooc —
Oooohh if Donovan weren't here. 
Rib be damned, and Alliance certainly be damned. 
To be fair, perhaps the grey oaf was that stupid. Maybe he hadn't heard her when she had announced herself as a leader of this pack? His companion, nervous and twitchy, certainly looked like there was two squirrels chasing each other in place of a brain. 
She draws herself up, ready to strike, ready to shut him up when Donovan speaks again, asserting her position, and imposing on their hunt. 
Finally. Progress being made. This was why she respected- adored, really, her partner. While she was teeth and nastiness and manipulation, he was strength, confidence, and leadership. 
"We'll take the lead. Seeing as these are our lands. When the prey is down, I advise you don't linger. Take what you need and leave. Scurry back to whatever damp hole you crawled out of." 
Ghost
816 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Warrior
Ecologist
When the woman did not immediately heed her master's commands Revui took to staring at her, as if to combine the force of his imposition with Donovan's; except that the broad-shouldered beast of a man did not assert himself as dominant, but rather as her equal. Revui had an obvious dislike of this antagonistic woman and expected a swift correction for her behavior. Instead, by admitting that they were equal, that lowered Revui's view of the two of them combined.

Hydra would never have allowed such weakness to exist upon her mountain; Merrick would have let his dogs run wild - reveled in the violence himself - had someone come knocking with Revui's attitude. He could not help but compare these wolves to the various warriors and rogues that he knew already, and found them lacking.

Donovan's mention of the recently sighted pronghorn went in one ear and out the other, as Revui mentally detached from the situation. His gaze darkened somewhat as the woman spat another insult, something about damp holes. He looks pointedly to Donovan and remarks cooly, We will allow you to join us.

The last thing he wanted was this woman's injury to cause them to lose their meal, or for it to become exacerbated during the hunt, as she'd no doubt find a way to blame it on the two interlopers. That and she outright could not be trusted to hunt alongside them rather than for them when the time came. Revui watched the other man and waited for him to lead them to their quarry, effectively dismissing the petulant woman.

Besides, she'd already made a point to deny them earlier.

1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
The careless attitude didn’t bother Donovan as much as the words that came from his mouth. Blatant disregard for their pack and territory. Careless disrespect for the fact that they are allowing them to hunt on their lands. His friendly demeanor is quickly turning sour and he will not allow another to treat him this way when he’s the leader of this pack and they are on his turf. Not going to happen. He doesn’t want to fight, but if one broke out he wonders if Merrick would understand why Donovan decides to beat a member of his pack within an inch of his life. He hopes he will because he’s about to make it a reality. Hell, if he needs to he’ll go have his own personal talk with Merrick about the situation. Surely he wouldn’t allow something like this to happen on his territory.

It’s a pissing contest between two unneutered males. What does anyone expect to happen? Especially whereas Donovan is the alpha of this land and he’s being told to get fucked in his own home? Negative, he doesn’t think so. Perhaps the two packs bonding over a hunt will have to wait. 

As soon as the words leave Revui’s maw Donovan’s circular brows furrow. His maw contorts into a dangerous smile full of teeth and wrinkled lips. A deadly snicker comes from low in his throat and he shakes his head side to side. “I don’t think you get it, peaches.” He hums deeply, faux sweetness coating his voice.

Then he flicks his eyes to Nemisis. “Stay out of this, no matter what.” He speaks to her. He’ll handle it well enough as to give the other a chance to submit rather than straight up attacking like Nemisis would.

He confidently steps into Revui’s space. Nose to nose with the other male he goes straight for a display of dominance. Though he is an ally, he is blatantly challenging his rank. He doesn’t want a fight, he wants even the smallest ounce of submission then perhaps he’ll let this go. He stiffens his body, widening his stance and raising his already curled tail. Thick ears cup towards the slate wolf and his coingold eyes are unwavering and malicious — daring the other to cross him. An obvious display of who the alpha is among wolf language.

“You come into the territory of an ally and tell me to get fucked right in my own home?” He asks, words malicious but tone still low and gentle — a bullet waiting to be released from the chamber. “I meet you with hospitality and you spit it back in my face. Submit and hunt with us, or be driven out with teeth and starve.” His voice becomes rough and stern as his sentence goes on, only to finally end in a growl.
no man’s an island, no
73 Posts
Ooc —
omg you guys thank you for all the love <3

This entire scene was going worse than a canary chucked into a cat mine. Sunhawk knew a thing or two about de-escalation, but usually he was the one lugging dynamite into a campfire and then running. Watching chaos from the side lines was way less invigorating and inspired a lick of metaphorical sweat under his brow. 

Damn, this was giving him the whelmies. 

He was completely out of his element here while each Jotunn sized each other up. If he hadn't been present for the entire thing, he might have dropped his pizza and scampered off as soon as he felt flames lick his feet: now, he was feeling the uncomfortable tension of two Very Alpha Males preparing for the next Balboa vs Drago showdown (and of course, he was on Rocky's side). 

Sunhawk had to think fast, something he normally only reserved for when he was trying to figure out how to con someone out of food. It was obvious Cruella DeViper wasn't to be of any help: she had even more of a bloodhungry look in her eyes than the other two did. *Eeek.* Sunhawk looked around him while the two Big Boyes postured, and found a twisted piece of driftwood not so far from where Woundwort and Big Wig circled. He scooped up the branch in his teeth (Mr Executive Branch De-Escalator, coming through) and thrust himself between the two very terrifying Big Daddys, his voice prying between the two of them with a honeyed grin. "Can I interest you in a stick in these trying times?" Hopefully the two of them would realize their egos were bigger than their brains, and would back off.

If they didn't it was likely Sunhawk would turn into an idiot sandwich in no time flat.
Banned
131 Posts
Ooc —
The utter and complete disrespect. 
Nope, fuck this. 
Her low, consistent growl turned into a snarl of rage and indignation and she lunged, teeth snapping inches from his face. 
"Allow us? Are you stupid, or do you just not know how this works?" 
Fuck this. She was gonna rip his face off and eat it in front of him. 
Donovan steps in, sizing up the idiot, and...
What??? Stay out of it??? EXCUSE ME??? 
She shoots him a furious look, absolutely seething. This has gone way past the point of any chance for submission or diplomacy. She wanted his corpse left at the border. Or better yet dragged back to the sorry pack he crawled out of. 
"Do not spare him." She snarled viciously, primly backing up. 
Oh, look. Squirrels-for-brains dragged a stick into the middle of the two and... what on earth was he doing? She almost laughed at the poor idiot. 
To be fair, he said not to intervene with him and the rude one. Didn't say anything about the stupid one. She moves like a venomous snake, jaws aiming for the rump or tail and then drawing back just as fast. 
"Move." She growled, voice low and deadly.
Ghost
816 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Warrior
Ecologist
What Revui had said, short and sweet and in his mind efficient, had set off a chain reaction. There was an ignition of powerful rage between the pair of them and when Donovan shoved himself forth, getting his face up in Revui's business, the leviathan thought he was about to attack. Had he not been a well trained henchman he might have reacted with teeth; instead he is merely bristling while his body is anticipatory of a collision. Donovan does not strike him, though. He speaks defiantly before Revui and throws a focused fit about things that were unspoken.

The woman reacts in kind; she does not like the manner in which Revui speaks either, making that known prior to focusing her attention on Sunhawk. The poor man - in the spasm between the agreement and miscommunication, Revui had forgotten he was there at his side. His stick was given the briefest of side-glances, although Revui knew it would be wiser to focus on Donovan until this was resolved. How had it gone so wrong?

He did not back down, and he would not cower before this man. But he would let the moment hang a few seconds, take a breath, swim in the tension as he came to a slow conclusion. When he opened his mouth it wasn't to bare his fangs or strike this belligerent man down, rather it was to speak up again; perhaps to clarify.

She is injured, angered, and does not want us here as allies or otherwise. If we hunt it will be with able bodies, he tried to explain, wondering all the while if it was somehow a novel concept to have strong, capable people to complete such tasks, or perhaps these two were conjoined in such a way that they could not function independent of one-another. Regardless, the entire situation was heated now and it would be difficult for Revui to trust either of them.

Finally Revui retreats a half-step, leaning in to the space between Nemisis and his companion to serve as a buffer. If she so much as hedged her way towards him a single inch there would be blood.

1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
Out of the corner of his eye Donovan can see the other male doing something. He doesn’t turn towards him though, dead set on winning this pissing contest. Until the smaller, Sunhawk, pushes — or rather squeezes — himself in between the two men. A stick in tow, offering it as if it would stop the two brutes from going at one another. The brindled male only spares the wolf in between them a glance and lets the silence get drawn out. Waiting for the other male to back down or submit.

Blue meets gold and finally Revui speaks. What he says isn’t what Donovan expects him to say. He’s expecting a fight, but he doesn’t get one. The words don’t grate on his nerve as much as his previous ones and the step he takes back is enough submission for him to back off himself. He too takes a step back and gives a single curt not to Revui.

“Glad we’ve come to a reasonable conclusion then. I always welcome an ally in my home and I understand the importance of an alliance with you and your pack. Something you need to educate yourself on.” He looks to Nemisis now. “Dear, you cannot be so willing to spill the blood of our allies. You must understand this.” 

Golden orbs flick back to Revui. “She can hunt just fine. Now, if there’s no more objections, follow me. I will lead you to the herd.”
no man’s an island, no
73 Posts
Ooc —
Mmkay. Ignored for the second time.
[Image: source.gif]

Hands on his hips (metaphorically, you clowns) Sunhawk eyed Big Wig and then Woundwort, issuing a YUGE huff when Genshed-the-female drove forward, telling him to move with a none too kind expression.

Yo, all you had to do was ASK. Sunhawk jumped away, keeping his pelt away from the sauce the Rattlesnake-Lady was ready to dispense in full: no, he was not interested in extra cajun spice, thankyouverymuch.

Sunhawk doubted very much a wolf with a broken rib could keep up, but hey, who was it hurting besides Nurse Ratched? She only ran the risk of perforating her cecum or other internal organs -- No... Big.. Deal. People come back from that all the time.

Spoiler alert: they don't. They die painfully horrific deaths. But, that's none of Sunny's bidness, ya feel?

On the plus side if she happened to nick her spleen, Sunhawk would be able to skip off none the worse. It was a win/win situation, truly.

He couldn't help but feel Revui, however, was not in position to win with his inability to Articulate Anything Properly. Clearly, he was to be this misunderstood man's mouth-piece. "How about a rain check? I'd hate for you to lose that bloomin' viper you call a woman, and, you'd hate for me to lose my buddy here, Speak-Badly-And-Offend-With-Much-Ado; maybe, we can hunt another time when all of us are in better moods." Sunhawk's voice cast over them obnoxiously loud, because, yannow, he was tired of being frickin' ignored.

Third time's the charm, amirite?
Ghost
816 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Warrior
Ecologist
I guess this is a good time to close this out. I'll leave final replies & archival up to you guys!

Revui was going to get what he wanted even if he had to (to some limited degree) play ball with this man's stupid rules. Including someone who was obviously injured would only detract from their chances but hey, he wanted to kill something and fill his belly, so whatever. They seemed confident that their snarky partner would keep their mouth shut long enough for them to hunt down these pronghorn and that was good enough for Revui.

Until his stick-weilding companion spoke up. His raised voice dwarfed any other discussion happening (and served to piss off the man's bitch enough to be something of a final straw, at which point she gave up on the situation and appeared to waddle off, maybe to scream at a rock since nobody alive was paying attention to her). Sunhawk made a good point but the point actually went right over Fezzik's Revui's head.

Sunhawk went, —we can hunt another time when all of us are in better moods.

Revui wanted to snipe at him a little but being as dumb as a pile of bricks, he couldn't find the words fast enough and just gawked a moment. They were now down one person and there was still some tension in the air; at the very least they'd put the proverbial yardsticks away from the measuring contest, but Revui still did not trust him.

More than anything he wanted to take this man down, merely because he was big and intimidating and looked like a challenge, which was always the chief motivation for the dumbass. Seeing as how Sunhawk wasn't eager to tag-team with him on that, Revui would have to let that slide too — perhaps on another day they could have their fight. A spar and dinner, sounded quaint.

Sunhawk is right. He finally drawls. He does not wait for the other man to reply at all, and turns away, unafraid to swagger off with his back turned to the possible threat of this burly man. He waited a moment for Sunhawk to catch up to him if he chose to, and climbed through the canyon, as if none of this mess had ever happened.

1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
Awesome! Sounds great! I will also be power playing Nem since she is no longer with us.

As the smaller attempts to calm the situation down, the larger wolf seems to contemplate. Then in a matter of seconds, the ashen male is turning his back on them and admitting that his plus one is right. That’s a much better outcome than Donovan foresaw. If they did go on the hunt he was sure to expect more problems. Perhaps a fight would’ve broken out. This is better for all parties involved.

So he looks between the two and nods. “Nice to meet you both. Perhaps you will make a better impression next time.” He leaves them with that. A casual smile spreads along his maw and he shakes his head. How odd of a man he is. Finally he ushers Nemisis out, sure enough to hear an earful of how he didn’t let her eat them. She still has much to learn.