Wapun Meadow of the people who were there before
204 Posts
Ooc — jem
Limit Two 
small bit of pp at the start, lemme know if that's not okay!

she'd roused @Alsek from sleep just as the sun was beginning to make its quotidian clamber into the burning sky, quite delighted by the lack of clouds so that there was nothing to hinder the beautiful display the sun performed for them; not quite so breathtaking after witnessing it from the mountain's dizzying perches but spectacular nevertheless. she'd bustled him forth with little tolerance for any bleary eyed protests that may have occurred, simply providing assurance that he would love what she was about to show him. she hadn't really had a chance to properly talk to him about the news on his sister since he'd been delivered that blow and frankly, she was a little terrified. but she couldn't spin tales of bravery and honour and then cower in the face of bladed emotion, even if she was convinced she'd rather take on the entire nightwalkers pack head on than have to dance with loss inflicted grief ever again. but hopefully this would help, that it would remind him that although these horrible things happened and at times it seemed as if the world was but a cruel predator adorned in the finest jewels; it was a place that looked out for the purest of beauty too and that life was still worth fighting for no matter who you had to leave behind in the process. the dead did not need to be humoured, in fact she was certain that they would find themselves enraged at those who wasted what had been robbed from them to linger in the caress of shadow cloaked grief.

and the meadow did not let them down alright, looking out at the scintillating carpet before them, it was hard to believe that this was a place in which anything malicious could occur. flowers varying in all sorts of colour and size winked back at them, roused to vibrance by the gentle rays of light prancing about the meadow, dusting it in the same shades of pink and red that adorned the dusty blue sky. and dew drops sprinkled throughout the land like fallen stars, catching ahold of the light and projecting it forth as its own. she inhales steadily, chin high as the mild breeze gives sprightly tugs at the fur of her chest and she hums "welcome to wapun meadow alsek, the kingdom of flowerskingdom sounded fitting, and she had discovered the term from collision on the first day that she'd decided she must bring alsek here so, it worked quite well.
"common" | "french"
[Image: ezgif-com-resize-7.gif]
130 Posts
Ooc — nami
the kingdom of flowers — visibly awestruck, he walked further into the meadow with slow, careful strides. slight delirium allowed his mind to paint the scene in vivid pinks, highlighting each bloom with a different shade of blue. alsek glanced once toward the skyscape, a smile blossoming onto his face.

do you know their names? he whispered, the flowers, what are they called? alsek’s dreams were coming back to him, hiding in the day from the torment which lurked at night; his imagination was becoming belief, cemented into his mind by the unknowing affirmation of others.

and so, he asked polaris for the plants’ names, because they would become the names of his gods, meant to replace those which germanicus hadn’t mentioned. this one, alsek asked as he walked toward a low-lying shrub, decorated with small vines of rose-colored flowers, does this one have a name?
[ hover for translations ]
rising sun valley · closed for threads (0/5)
the rambler
109 Posts
Ooc — Sully
If you would rather not have Kin here, send me a PM and I can delete <3
Kin felt a bit guilty about how long he had been gone — he had left a departing scent marker on the border, but he wondered now if he was supposed to have told somebody he was going out ranging. Not that he could go back and fix the mistake, if this were the case.

Coming back toward Easthollow, he passed through a meadow not unlike the one he'd been so taken with before. And in the meadow were wolves that smelled of Easthollow — one of them being a pup of indeterminate age. He slowed his steps, but continued to approach until he stood a stone's throw away, feeling strongly that he was intruding on something he ought not to be. But, as it was just one shewolf and they were outside the territory, he felt he was safe enough for the time being. She wouldn't leave the kid just to chase him off and rough him up, would she?

"How d'ya do?" he greeted, still hovering awkwardly. It occured to him that, although he could easily identify them as Easthollowians, he had no such scent upon his pelt. He hoped they might've chanced across his scent along Easthollow's borders, where he'd spent some time before heading out to see the sights.
* Kincaid is obviously not a shibe in a cowboy hat. Just a regular, reddish wolf. His avatar is just a silly spiritual portrait.
204 Posts
Ooc — jem
muscles find it in them to wholly relax at the unabashed rapture to paint light upon the blackbird's features as he floats forth. her own steps mirroring his and yet remaining one pace behind, content to let him have this moment of solitude with only the sprightly flowers to revere. she herself lets fulgent looks glide appreciatively over the little patch of eden she'd been blessed enough to grow up beside, inhaling the damp air where such wondrous scents thrived. 

ears flick to attention at the exhaled query; brows furrowing a little with thought. vague recollections tickled at her, the relentless babble of the questions she herself would pose to mama and maman when wandering the verdant stretch of land. yet before pondering could gift her a solid word, the child had already pinpointed a specific request and she stepped over; head tilting curiously. that one was familiar! she had surely requested its title herself, no? c'mon....oh! "cloche rose!she announces, chest puffed with pride- yes! that was certainly it. as chuffed as she was for reclaiming such a memory, it took a moment before she even realised the tongue past visions had lured her into. eyes widen a little, chest hiccuping. it had been so long since he's accidentally slipped into french, and it was endlessly bittersweet to remember the days in which such a mistake was a common occurrence. "my bad that was eh, french. alsek i must teach you french! did you know that wolves from different faraway places sometimes grow up speaking different languages? my mama's spoke different words called french, it's very pretty. but cloche rose..that means, rose bell. i really don't know if that's its proper name or anything or were they just saying what it looks like but then again who gets to decide what an official name for something like that is? rose bell sounds great to me

how had she never thought to teach alsek french before? well she supposed after losing her family she'd grown estranged from the language, what it represented too painful to face and then...as time went on she'd had no one to speak it to so it had slowly faded to the background of her busy mind. she'd definitely have to teach him, keep the language alive in their family and- 

she starts at the convivial greeting to stir the air, blinking over to spot a man lingering a little distance away. polaris does not recognise him as a packmate, no, but it only takes confirmation that he does not bear the stench of ursus for her to relax somewhat and cock her head in a curious little bird like motion. "uh good but, i'm sorry i don't believe we've met, right?oh gosh it would be so embarrassing if she was wrong but if there was one thing polaris could call herself good at, it was remembering faces and she was quite sure this was not one she'd ever interacted with before.
"common" | "french"
130 Posts
Ooc — nami
faraway? alsek’s mind began to wander, kincaid’s entrance therefore going unnoticed. he dreamt briefly about what elsewhere might be like, and if exploring those distant lands might be as rewarding as the discovery of easthollow. polaris mentioned her mothers, her mamas, and alsek couldn’t help but to imagine himself having a family again; one that was tangible, and real, unlike the phantoms which plagued him.

but it was his sister’s acknowledgement of the man that drew him back to reality, and alsek realized he’d been gone. he whispered a temporary goodbye to the cloche-rose, then walked back toward where the older wolves stood. you’re very pretty, he announced with a wide, innocent grin, do you like flowers, too? behind him, alsek’s tail was wagging a mile a minute, hoping the answer might be yes!
the rambler
109 Posts
Ooc — Sully
Although he felt more than a mite awkward to have interrupted the pair, the woman's lack of defensiveness went a long way toward putting him at ease. Perhaps all of Easthollow were like Valette and this younger, storm-cloaked version of her: polite and willing to be friendly.

"No ma'am," he agreed. "I'm Kincaid — Valette accepted me not long ago, but I've been out and about. Just gettin' my bearings."

The smaller wolf turned to them, then, and said one of the more ridiculous things that Kincaid had ever heard about himself. He was pretty? Not just that, but very pretty. Kincaid's tail swung in happy bemusement. "Yes sir, I do," he replied, more because he thought this was the right answer than because it was the truth. "That what y'all are doin'? Lookin' at the flowers?"

He took a few steps closer and then stopped, looking to the shewolf once more. "'Haps I could join you?" he politely requested, and then hurried to add, "I don't gotta come too close. Just hopin' t'get t'know some more folks."
* Kincaid is obviously not a shibe in a cowboy hat. Just a regular, reddish wolf. His avatar is just a silly spiritual portrait.
204 Posts
Ooc — jem
dew sprinkled look slides off to rest upon alsek as he draws up beside her, pleasantly amused grin gracing angular features at the ease of his passed out compliment. when she focuses back on the sandy man it is with unhidden pride, lips still quirked as she awaits his response to the child's very important query. all the while her mind parroting smugly; 'yea this fantastic little guy? myyy brother' 

but- ah, ears flick to attention at the mention of their matriarch, curiosity heightened. so he was a new member of easthollow? completely at ease now, wholly trusting the judgement of valette and therefore confident that this man is nothing less than an ally, head cocks with intrigue as she hums "oh well in that case, pleasure to meet you kincaid! i'm polaris, and this is alsekleaning back to a sit, keen eyes do not waver as he turns to address the blackbird. and alsek was right, noting with appreciation that this man was adorned in hues touched by beauty. the reach of the freshly awakened sun kissing fire upon an enjoyably ruddy complexion. "mm yesshe replies, rolling shoulders back and casting a look back towards the meadow before announcing "you see i believe that alsek here is going to become the best expert in flowers to have ever existedthere is no lack of genuine zeal to her lilt as she pushes to a stand with a sprightly swish of her plume. by agreeing with the boy, whether he really had even the briefest care for their coruscating little plants or not, he'd planted himself firmly into polaris' good books.

at the carefully posed murmur, the ardour fueling her grin softens, lustrous stare catching ahold of liquid hazel as she relaxes into something more clement. "of course...i'm sure alsek won't mind, right?part of her did worry on the fact that he'd lost another oppurtunity to delve into thoughts on his missing sister, but maybe right now what he needed most was chipper distraction. god who even knew, she could only fervently hope that he would know to seek her out if he felt he needed it. was that too much of an ask on her part? to kincaid, she'd gesture closer with a soft laugh, assuring "no need to keep your distance, we are pack mates after all! how are you liking easthollow so far?"
"common" | "french"
130 Posts
Ooc — nami
you talk funny, alsek laughed, how come? kincaid’s accent was like one he hadn’t heard before, and while it might have been difficult to tell, he liked the way it sounded. we’re looking at flowers because — yeah, the best one ever! he turned to polaris with an excited grin, his tail wagging behind him in response to her compliment.

there was still a lot that he had to learn about plants — which ones were safe, and how could he tell the difference? what could they be used for? — but alsek liked to think that he had the basics covered. kincaid, come look at this one, he called. there was one flower whose name he did know — daisy! do you like these? — and he was very excited to make that fact known.
the rambler
109 Posts
Ooc — Sully
To the rambler's relief and utter bemusement, he was easily invited along to look at flowers with the pair — Polaris and Alsek. He'd orginally assumed that the pair must be mother and child, but as he closed some of the distance between them, it became clear to him that Polaris was little more than a child herself. Then he thought that these both must surely be children of Valette, being so polite and well-mannered as they were.

Well — mostly polite. Kin felt a bit self-conscious when he was acussed of talking funny. He knew his speech was not quite as polished as some of the wolves he'd met. "That, well. I don't know," he replied with a little huff of laughter, still goggling at the little child. He'd never interacted with anyone so small. Was he supposed to talk to it like a regular person?

Polaris occupied his attention for a moment. "I ain't too sure yet," he admitted, but his wagging tail begged to differ. "E'ryone I met's been real nice — but I ain't met no one but Valette, and now you two. I been out takin' a look-around, so it's only my fault."

He looked back toward the territory, but then Alsek was calling him over, and he came dutifully to inspect the flower being indicated. "My lord, what a thing," he said in as admiring a tone he could manage. Kincaid did not imagine that being an expert on flowers was very useful, but he'd long since learned that a thing didn't have to have use to have value"I surely do. What all was this over here you was lookin' at?" he asked, turning back to the flowers that Alsek had been looking at when he'd happened upon them. "I ain't ever seen anythin' like this before."

He had, of course. It was strange to be lying about such a ridiculous thing, but strange and previously unknown instincts were urging him to make a fool of himself for the boy's sake.