Emberflame Ridge Shake off the frost inside my soul
Everything lies within Emotion
483 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
Private 
For @Soltero - ehh, time-line wise? Probably somewhere after sending Dante off, before Dawn's arrival, after the thread with Bridget? Yeah sure just wedge it in there

After regaining her strength and looking somewhat presentable again, the queen fae made her way 'top the ridge that looked 'ver the plains. Here she sat, looking out into the wilderness she knew so well - hoping to see the figure of a tiny, hurrying man returning home after carrying out his duty for his queen. Every now and again, her head would whip around and look towards the mountains - perhaps to see a descending figure of a beautiful lavender woman making her way back from the Empire. Seconds were ticking by, hours felt like days - the sweet summer wind granted her no joy, just more worry.

She sighed a sigh as if she was carrying the mountains on her back - then a single monarch butterfly showed its colors and landed on a blade of grass near her feet. Was this the comfort Fate granted her?
Tell me something that i'll forget
124 Posts
Ooc —
Away
thank you for starting! x3 (EDIT: i'm not one hundred percent sure i like this post but hopefully it's okay haha)

Long, unaltering breaths pooled into the air aside a monochrome muzzle, worn toes haling him further across the base of the ridge – the trees were dense here, cocooning him like a solid blanket as he forged his trek. Not impassable, but hardly sparse. Occasionally, between long, contemplative strides, there lay a single singed trunk; charred, riotously mauled by flames. The traveller eyed them wearily as he passed, wondering absently what had set them alight, but continued on his way without pause.

He wove through the undergrowth with enigmatic despondency. Melancholic; warped in stoicism.

It was only as his figure melded further to the jagged peak of the ridge that a foreign scent was cast upon his tongue – inspiring the mellow summer’s air to gauge their whereabouts. Close. Steps began to falter; rumination ceased. Soundless, a contemplation of early departure. His wavering stare surveyed the ledge, and briefly, it was decided otherwise.

She lay with her back to himself, refined in elegant poise, gaze lit upon the gossamer wings of a butterfly. A pretty stranger, supposedly deep in thought - verdant eyes descried upon her from a sculpted visage, glistening with prudent ambiguity. Abstruse, rarefied. Polite distance was maintained, ears tipping judiciously upon his crown, but a low chuff sounded from the caverns of his throat, a gesture to provide some benefaction of comfort, should she note his wordless presence.

Perhaps he would weave back into the vegetation of which he’d emerged, leave her to her pondering, and return to the ridge another day.
I tried to write your name in the rain
But the rain never came
483 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
But the comfort had yet to come in the form of an older man - he bore a greyscale coat, his gaze the color of fresh apples. The color reminded her of nature, though that comparison was the obvious one. He was quite handsome, but perhaps a little too old for her taste - she liked her men young and full of spirit, something to mother instead of be mothered by.

When she turned, the butterfly had fluttered its way around her and towards the male, circling him briefly before leaving the two alone. It was a sign, she believed, and that was why she spoke; Good day, sir. on her maw was the polite and sweet smile the fae had perfected, wildflower gaze finding his own.
124 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Butterfly; danseuse of air, it pirouetted and twirled, a mirage of honey-brown birling fluently into vermillion. This organic cloak, it draped over her shoulders and glittered in the summer’s cordial glow, enthralling to the eye, mesmerising as her wings glided the air – but gone, soon, drifting away as a leaf might into the undergrowth below.

His gaze shifted upward to meet the fae’s, sage (but ever so more vivid) orbs peering into the bi-coloured eyes that danced upon her own features. The third woman with such a stare he’d encountered in the erstwhile days – an enigma he was quite unable to explain. She was young, he noted, younger than he, and while they shared the monochrome hues that lay unto their pelts, her pelage appeared more akin to the tenebrosity of night, pale luminescence of the moon alighting her skin; his own, was crafted of smoke and bestrewed with dustings of chalk.

“Hello,” he murmured, tongue resonant with his speech. His voice was low; gruff, worn with the days cast in his lonesome; a stark contrast from her own. In silence, he stood, uncertain of his own presence before canting his chin toward herself. “I hope I didn’t disturb you.”
But the rain never came
483 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
She watched him focus on the fluttering lady, the swoop of her lashes matching those of the vibrantly colored wings. The creature must've been embarrassed by all the stares, the same way the stars were made for falling as those below looked up in wonder. She'd been silently referred to as as beautiful as those oddities of life, a second sun, the moon incarnate - she understood the feeling.

He spoke, a low rumble she could never hope to match - manly, strong, like an earth fae. The air fae found his aura intriguing, as well as why fate had made their paths cross. What wisdom would she be given today then?

Never. She breathed, tail swishing. No, fate could not disturb her ever; things were the way they were because that was how they were meant to be. This also meant anything could change, if that was what was necessary - be it seasons or hearts, life, death. Have you come to find something?
124 Posts
Ooc —
Away
“Never,” she mused to him, soft breath upon a feather-light breeze. Chalk brows would crease in wordless rumination – it felt an odd word to choose, as though she were not a young woman, but a long-lived creature of sight far beyond his own. Otherwordly; sagacious, some delicate embodiment of the moon in the meditative ambience of her presence.

A question she proposed, then, and the traveller felt a peculiar compelling to sit, to bathe himself in the view from the ridge alongside the moonlit fae, ardent gaze twisting to settle tentatively on the horizon. A slither of indecision crawled to entwine itself around his throat - what had he come to find?

Myself.

“I was… looking. For where to go next,” the traveller decreed at last, charcoal lips tugging into a thin line, picture of brooding cogitation.
But the rain never came
483 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
A legend the fae aimed to become - a legend of a faerie queen, kind and wise, her gifts spread over a crying, red landscape. The fae who befriended the mermaids and was welcomed on their island as well as the powerful empire that ruled the mountains. She hoped to accomplish much more, but she was still young and full of dreams, wisdom. Her time would come to return her stolen body to the earth and become dust again.

I suppose it depends on where you want to be. She commented whimsically. She herself had been guided by fate, but perhaps She only spoke to her. She'd yet to hear others claim they heard the calling of nature around them, twist their path the way it was meant to be. Or perhaps she was just more sensitive to it - though her being just slightly crazy was certainly a possibility.