Neverwinter Forest if you want it, you could get it for the rest of your life
137 Posts
Ooc — nami
Pack Activity 
family meeting!? it would be nice if all of the parents and children could join, but i know that there's some ic stuff that might not make that possible. i can also change the date if that makes things easier for anyone! mochi, let me know if you want anything changed.

otherwise, tags are for reference: @Mal @Cupid @Miriam @Sullivan @Finín @Nuala

liliana and @Asmoses walked beside one another through the territory’s heart. she’d been unwilling to separate from him since their excursion with @Caerus, and had thus taken it upon herself to follow him wherever (and whenever) he went. 

the twins should have been partially weaned by then, but liliana’s nose was still sensitive to the scents of milk and motherhood. those which wafted from the third birth den had not gone unnoticed, making her curious to see who resided within. 

moses, she crooned, nose pointed toward @Aibreann’s resting place, what go? she hoped that he would go with her to explore, or else she would have been rendered unable. assuming asmoses didn’t immediately deny her this one thing, liliana started on the path toward the whelping den.

bright cerulean eyes peered into the otherwise darkness, her lips parting to ask: hello? she could hear some noises — mewling, whining; things of that sort — but couldn’t see well enough where they were coming from. carefully, she stepped into the den, fully prepared to turn and run should aibreann demand as such.
great bear wilderness · open for threads (2/5)
284 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Away
assuming he's staying near aibreann's den

When he opened his eyes a bright light engulfed him. Am I dead?, he thought. Was he not able to slip away this time? An overwhelming feeling of sorrow weighed him down, because his mind immediately went to Caerus. He'd never see his baby again or know what would come of him.

The light faded, and the world he was familiar with took shape. He became painfully aware of his hunger and thirst, and his sides began to ache. He wasn't dead, not yet.

But where was he? Where was his son? Cupid inhaled sharply before trying to pull himself up. Cupid was too weak to carry his own weight. He fell to the ground with a loud grunt.
208 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
Besides his excursion with Liliana and Asmoses, Caerus had been largely anti-social. No one could tear him away from sleeping in an old fox burrow near where his father lay, moving chest still a sign of his life and so his son would not abandon him. Cupid lay just near Aibreann's den, (he still didn't know whose kids those were,) always asleep.

When Liliana rushed by making noise, Caerus poked his head out of his den, but seeing the little bastards together and happy put a sour feeling in his heart. He was almost ready to return to being a recluse when the body before him sucked a sharp breath, lurched upward and fell again like something from a zombie movie. Caerus was out of the den and at Cupid's side in an instant, peering over the face of his very sick looking father. dad! dad! hello? can you hear me? are you awake? He questioned frantically.
nevermore —
49 Posts
Ooc — viz
after their excursion from the safety of neverwinter's claim, his twinshine seems more reluctant to part from his side than she ever had before. would he have been older, he might've wondered whether it was before she was worried for him; but he thinks nothing of it aside from taking note. it wasn't like he minded.

steps pause as his sister croons her nickname for him. baby blue gaze starbursting with the mismatched colors his eyes will transition to cut towards the birthing den that liliana references. he, too, smells the sweet scent of mothersmilk; and his ears twitch as he hears the sounds of suckling and slumbering within. we awwowed? he asks worriedly, ears fluttering down.

would they be greeted with the sharp teeth of a ferocious mother?

commotion draws asmoses' gaze from the birthing den, to see caerus' head popped out of some den nearby. asmoses peers over liliana's body, chin near resting on her shoulder as he gives his older brother the stink eye, not quick to forget how utterly cruel he'd been when speaking about them. the words themselves might've went over asmoses' head but he could recognize tone and context well enough.

the 'thud' draws his head and attention with a quick snap. asmoses doesn't recognize the figure collapsed nearby but it's enough to draw caerus who frets. stoically, unable to sympathize, asmoses watches the exchange, pressing slightly into liliana's side — a subconscious gesture he makes to ensure that she is still there.
i feel divinity in my bones like aching; like fire
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Waiting to see if there's any major PP that should happen with Aibreann here, gonna do that when I post on my puppar, but he's showing up nowish kinda because I think that they can toddle? Uhhh.

Bringing food to Aibreann was on Mal's usual list of things to do -- along with making sure that Miriam had food, Caerus was doing okay, and that borders were patrolled but not necessarily in that order. She was also the bringer of news about Cupid, the mother of his younger children, and other stuff like that, so hey, kind of an important figure, y'know?

Anyway, he'd brought over a rabbit, and was planning just to drop it off and go check with everyone else, but he spotted a couple of familiar grey puffs hanging out there. Mal was always glad to see his children, even if things might be kinda complicated and all that. He shifted the rabbit he carried so he could kinda talk around it, You over here for a visit? Do--- he cut off there as that was when Caerus had started speaking. Mal's head whipped around towards him, ears pricked. Cupid?!

Okay, detour time, he'd ask later -- Mal was quick to run over there, the rabbit now redirected to Cupid, dropping it near him, and looking between Cupid and Caerus as he spoke, He's awake? Caerus-- did he just--? Cupid? Okay, so they might not have been on great terms before, but that didn't stop Mal from worrying. His tail wagged, glad that it seemed like Cupid was pulling through -- he'd call for Aibreann in a second once he was sure this wasn't a false alarm -- but he wasn't going to stick his nose right up into Cupid's face or anything, even if he might have wanted to. Not yet at least.

Meanwhile in the den, a muddy-colored pup toddled towards whatever the heck was going on outside. He wasn't exactly coordinated, and whether he was followed by any of his littermates was yet to be known, but he had smelled new things and familiar things and he was awake, HELLO.
time falls like moonlight
317 Posts
Ooc —
Away
here i am
Her children had grown stronger, and slowly she was weaning them off of milk. Miriam was thankful with the various of wolves who would drop off prey for the mother, but she felt regretful to not properly say thanks to them. She was waiting for the chance to, or perhaps find them herself.

Mindlessly so, she was following to where her twins would be. They were inseparable, and rarely did she see the two leave each others side. It wasn't an issue, she thought, finding it warm and pleasant, the two are so close to each other. However, she wondered if the rest of their half-siblings had been nice to them, or likewise.. She would not like to think they grown to be bullies, but knew they were soft as so were their hearts. She trusted they weren't.

Nontheless, the maiden was curious on how they interacted. Did she have them grow up properly? It was the worry of all parents..

When she found them, Miriam stepped into a rather chaotic scene. She knew Caerus was now another of Mal's son, and Cupid, who was also the parent. But she never met him, or really known the circumstances to lead to now. Then there was her own, who were wandering in another's den, "Asmoses, Liliana," did she gently call to them, in the hope they would come before disturbing the other mother, or Cupid.
137 Posts
Ooc — nami
there were many things happening at once, and yana didn’t like that at all. she moved toward asmoses for comfort first, then rushed to miriam upon her arrival. what happen? she quietly asked. another wolf then entered the scene, this one much smaller than any other’s she’d ever met. aw! yana gasped, momentarily forgetting the chaos, amma, look!

assuming she wasn’t stopped, and that the pup wasn’t pulled back inside, liliana began walking in the baby’s direction, whispering nonsense to catch its attention — and hopefully coerce it toward safety.
great bear wilderness · open for threads (2/5)
284 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Away
So many things happened at once.

First there was Caerus. Cupid could only hear his voice, followed by the thumps of his footsteps. Adrenaline rushed through him, and he shot up to catch a glimpse of his son. That was too much on his body. By the time Caerus was at his side, he was hunched over once again. That didn't stop him from planting a few kisses on his forehead. I... i can hear you, he answered in a raspy voice. I'm ok.

Cupid tilted his head upward. These trees were familiar. They were still in neverwinter, but not exactly where they were supposed to be. Cupid slowly looked around. Where was the den? He couldn't see it, but he did see Mal. That was the last face he wanted to deal with right now.

His lips curled up into a snarl. Their little talk was fresh on his mind as if it happened yesterday. Was that yesterday? How long had he been like this. Where the hell am I? he growled.

His attention shifted from Mal to a woman he had not seen before. Asmoses, Liliana, she called. His eyes fell upon one, two, three children. All Mal's he assumed. Anger got his blood boiling.

Get them away from me, he hissed, pulling Caerus closer. He glared at Mal You- You! Get away from me! All of you FUCK OFF!!
208 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
Dad spoke like a miracle, telling the boy he could hear him, showering bicolor forehead with kisses. It took a moment for him to gather his surroundings. they put you by aibreann's den, Caerus explained hurriedly, smile growing.

Mal came then, asking short broken questions, and the boy whipped his head around to him, shock in his gaze still and smile falling awkwardly, put on the spot. Before he could answer- he was drawn back, both by the sound of Cupid's voice and his pull. The boy was stunned silent, but would never resist, pushing into his father as if he was a baby again. Even as Cupid swore at the others, Caerus would not make a move against him, ears flattening as he stuffed his face into Cupid's chest, wholly emotional.
nevermore —
49 Posts
Ooc — viz
asmoses doesn't understand the hostility, and though he was genuinely happy to see mal appear on the scene — tail wagging in greeting to his father — his joy is dashed by cupid's hostality; the spew of those violent words that caerus had used when talking to that adult. asmoses doesn't quite understand the curse words in their entirety yet but he knows that they rankle him all the same. his hackles bristle as his body grows hot with anger. who did cupid and caerus think they were? to talk to him and his twinshine in such a manner? him and liliana didn't care about cupid — they just wanted to see the babies. who did they think they were to talk to mal in such a manner? so consumed with his anger, asmoses doesn't even hear or notice amma's presence. if they hated them and everyone else here so bad why didn't they just leave? YOU FUCKS OFF! asmoses explodes, trembling with his anger. WE'S HERE TO SEE BAB-BABIES! he shouts, temper wheeling wildly out of control as his tail lashes furiously behind him.
i feel divinity in my bones like aching; like fire
time falls like moonlight
317 Posts
Ooc —
Away
[Image: 9ae.png]

Her daughter beckoned her to come see the smaller one's, but Miriam was quick to get close to attempt to stop her from going near. She thought it wasn't polite to do so, especially as no mother really wanted to be disturbed after such a time. Though events seemed to turn, as the maiden was like a deer caught in the headlight by the sudden yelling.

She only vaguely knew about Cupid, and now knowing the various half-siblings her own children had.. Instead of a simple greeting between parents, she got yelled and told to go away. With her head down, Miriam was about to call her Asmoses and Liliana over to simply leave them alone-

except he swore.

Who taught him that!

"Asmoses!" Miriam said, voice shaking but with an attempt of being stern through it, "that was inappropriate language!" Now she had a new concern that was momentarily forgotten from the outburst of Cupid, "who taught you that!" She wandered over to stop her two kids from moving inside and would adruptly pull them, "apologize!"
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
And with what all was going on, the pup that had been coming out to play turned and disappeared back into the den with a yelp. Aibreann then at some point appeared at the den entrance. 

Cupid's response wasn't what he wanted or expected. What was he expecting? He didn't know. Somehow have made it less of a raw issue? After all, Mal had how long to move past it while he helped Aibreann care for him? Enough days. So he jerked back and was hurt, even if he was immediately trying to box it up. Didn't Cupid see he was worried and that he cared? Why didn't it matter?

But the thing that hurt more was that Caerus didn't speak up -- he knew Mal had been there, had worried with him. And even if Mal did kind of recognize that it was unfair for him to expect Caerus to stand up and do something, but that didn't change the way he felt. It just deepened the wound.

He'd tuned out just about everyone else, taking a slight step back, his voice had gone from hopeful to strained, Aibreann will look you over. It was about all he could choke out. This wasn't what he wanted. He turned towards the den with a pained, sort of stilted expression as he became aware of the other trio again. Oh. Yeah. He still moved that way no matter what.  He tried to focus and see what he'd missed but honestly, he just wanted to go lay down and forget for a bit. This was a bit of a disaster, wasn't it?