Redsand Canyon i won't go down your blushing bride
lions & men
412 Posts
Ooc — thalia
Warrior
All Welcome 
the warlord is settled across the top of a boulder, heavy form draped across the red-hued rock. she is motionless, though her gaze is settled on some point in the distance. her healing limb is draped carefully away from the rest of her, throbbing with a deep ache. she longs for nothing more than to hunt these canyons, but the pain is a testament to having pushed the limb too hard already. orochi serves as a stark representation for what might happen if she does not allow herself to heal completely. she can not seize what she wants with only three limbs. 

and so she settles here, willing to take up donovan's offer on her own terms. soon, she will recover fully, and then she can test just how solid the rank structure remains.
27 Posts
Ooc — Jay
The Saints were an odd bunch. There seemed to be a lot of hustle around this place, a lot of tension. What grabbed his attention that day was a face other than Donovan's laying upon a rock. Emerald eyes flicked over her catching the healing wounds and expertly studying the limb that hung to the side eyeing it for inflammation, swelling. "Do you need help?" he asked cautiously standing beside her boulder. Donovan had brought him here for this reason and to be honest he was eager to gather herbs from the earth and tend to his first patient. 

I hope it's okay if I snatched this! I am trying to get him more fleshed out
lions & men
412 Posts
Ooc — thalia
Warrior
her muzzle lifts from the smooth surface of the boulder, eyeing the man that had chosen to approach. she dwarfs him by a few inches, and he has that same otherness that donovan possess; a softening of his features, an odd pattern to his coat, his fur ununiform. tongue pulls over her fangs, and she shifts. she wants to know what part of laying here seems to prompt him to offer help, but a glance to her limb and the scars the cross it provide an answer. 

"it depends," she answers, shifting. a beat, before she probes, "who are you?" gaze narrows, trying to discern the reason for his otherness.
27 Posts
Ooc — Jay
"A new face around the pack that lives here. My name is Baptiste" he wasn't sure where she fit in but she smelled of the canyon and Donovan enough for him to understand that she wasn't a trespasser. She was young but not enough to warrant that level of stupidity not to mention the fact that Donovan seemed to be pretty on top of this place. "I know how to heal so Donovan invited me to stay. Is that leg okay on it's own or do you want something?" he asked again, peering up at her the gold specks in his emerald eyes glinting in the sunlight as he tried to focus on her without going blind. It was hotter than hades outside and if he had to run to find the specific herbs he'd need to help her out he wanted to get it over with. 
lions & men
412 Posts
Ooc — thalia
Warrior
it is a thorn in her side, the way those living here see her injuries first. she is not some broken thing, cast here by chance. "that leg," she begins, "is fine." the witch had been able to attend to her hurts, and she much preferred the ivory woman to this one. 

"you're redundant," she comments plainly, expression remaining fixed as she glances down at him. it is driven in part by her ire, yes, but also a prod at the man; she wants to know if he's good at anything else besides what he claims to be, or if he remains some unimportant pawn that seeks only to run after donovan's follows when they manage to injure themselves.
27 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Turning him down only caused him to smile giving a slight tilt of his head as his gaze remained on her, studying her with a lift of his browns that silently gave off the vibe that he didn't care in the slightest but didn't believe her either. "And you are rude" he replied not missing a beat. Lowering his rear end to the dirt the smile stayed on his face "Donovan wants me to make sure everyone stays healthy. Why don't you show me how good that leg is?" he couldn't help it, he wasn't even angry but she'd tossed the insult first and the spark was ignited. Backing away from the boulder he motioned at the ground before him "Jump on down. I'm sure you can handle it if you're not a liar" he wanted to see it, the weight of the drop while small was sure to sting at the least with the amount of swelling. 
lions & men
412 Posts
Ooc — thalia
Warrior
aside from pointing out the obvious, the male reaffirms his status as donovan's bitch. he's annoying, a trait that reminds her of vanity and her annoying challenges. the woman rises, moving to step off the boulder. her right forelimb takes the brunt of her weight first, and there is a slight hitch in the distribution of her weight as her back limbs meet the canyon floor, a familiar burn. but she has endured so much worse, and her expression does not shift.

"are we done?" deadpans the melonii, coming to a halt just in front of the man. it will take more to draw at the deep reservoir of hate she'd etched out in her time on the isle, but she lingers on the surface of it.
27 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Watching her leap down he noticed the way she landed with ease and it was all he needed to know to see that it just looked worse off than it was. That or she was good at hiding pain which he liked...he also liked her mouth. Emerald eyes still not leaving her face he put on the dumbest expression he could muster and asked "I don't know are we?" Perhaps he was immature or simply just a dick but either way he would not be outmouthed by a wolf he judged being at least a year younger than him. "I'd say so" he said after a pause and turned walking off without much care though his attention was behind him, ears perked to catch the sound of paws shifting off the ground preparing in case this girl was a wild one. 

you can attack if you want her to! I'm down for rolling an outcome or not rolling at all and just having him take the fall <3. Up to you.
lions & men
412 Posts
Ooc — thalia
Warrior
the wolf replies snarkily enough, but is hardly slow in turning away to leave. nares flair, but she is silent, allowing the male his retreat. she feels no need to assert herself now; he is no real threat and nor is she established enough here to demand his respect outright. still, he's left a poor impression on the warlord, no doubt one that is meant to stick. wordlessly, she returns to her post, ignoring the throbbing in her limb.