Nova Peak I saw you standing in the shadows and your eyes won't move,
[Image: ddn879f-0a2e5386-be3c-467f-a8f0-7431b1ae..._mW8Lx9E-c]

I saw you standing in the shadows and your eyes won't move..
She hunted for the rabbit with a ferocious hunger, seeing his eyes open wide in the distant, a mockery of a look. Quest never seemed to be able to catch up to the wispful being, and eventually simply lost sight of him behind the shadows of the trees. She gave up with a sigh, and a huff. The winter wolf had followed him all the way up to a slopen forest.
[Image: dawkirv-8a921015-2f74-45ff-a786-e0adbfc7...2CSibNaels]
486 Posts
Ooc — Zina
When he had checked Aphrodite's den and she still hadn't been there, his worry began to turn into panic. Though he knew that the young healer was a capable woman, she was vulnerable to her own demons. He feared that the talk of Donovan's return and the forming of the Saints had pushed her to the edge, so he left Whitebark Stream to find her.
Taikon didn't have a good way of choosing a direction. Instead, he moved toward the closest object on the horizon that looked high, as that, to him, seemed the most dangerous place for a person in emotional distress to be. The whole way there, he didn't smell even a faint hint of her pleasant aroma, and grew disheartened. At the base of the peak, a rabbit ran past him. It darted away and out of sight before he could so much as gasp. Trailing after it at a sulken pace was a wolf.
Immediately his ears perked, but it was too small and too white. He moved toward the stranger, his posture relaxed. Hey, can you help me? He said it at a distance, so as not to startle her. I'm looking for a woman with a copper face and blue eyes, Taikon paused here, and as he looked at the other, her appearance and something about her features completely disarmed him. He fumbled, Uh.., idiot, have you seen her? His knees grew weak.
relatively thin from illness (Apr 13, 2020)

The winter wolf blinked at the talkative man, as she had to process his words and sudden appearance. She didn't expect to meet too many, but the land seemed vast in the quanitity of canines. She didn't have an opinion about it one or another, as she was generally neutral upon meetings.

"No." As the coywolf has not met many, she only met a black, and red wolf as of late. A simple answer was given, true to her quiet nature.
486 Posts
Ooc — Zina
Her answer was simple. She seemed none too impressed at his bumbling awkwardness, and a lump formed in the white male's throat. Taikon had other things to be worrying about other than some random girl not giving him the time of day, but he was spellbound.
Besides. Aphrodite could take care of herself. Right?
Well, uh, if you see her, tell her to come home. People are worried, he said, frowning. With Donovan running about, he didn't know what would happen to her if she decided to stay away. He waited for a moment, watching the little wolf's expression. She seemed...otherworldly. Perhaps she was a spectre of the mountain. Are you from close by? He asked it rather abruptly, but he wanted to know from where she had come from so he wasn't running around checking places twice. Surely she would have run into the healer had she been close.
"Okay." Quest, in all honesty, would probably forget. She had a one-track mind, and usually when something else occurs, the past seems to slip. However she didn't really think about that predicament, and simply agreed to his request. 

"No." The silver woman was not much to speak, giving one-word answers as she stared placidly at the bumbling man. He seemed of awkwardness, but worry for the woman, that he sought out despite the discomfort. She found him interesting.
486 Posts
Ooc — Zina
Taikon took a breath. His heart rate had increased during his search, and he hadn't noticed how agitated he was until that point. He watched the little wolf, thinking she must be bothered by him, else she might actually speak full sentences. Idiot, he repeated to himself, surprised and confused that he could be so inconsiderate to a young lady.
The prince took another breath, trying to relax himself, but largely unable to. He spoke slower this time, thinking that perhaps it was the speed of his speech that was giving her such trouble. The idea that anyone was simply quiet was not even on his radar. Forgive me, he said with an exhale, his ears tilting slightly backward, uncomfortable. I'm sure this was not what you wanted to spend your evening doing. This required no response from her, but he let it linger for a moment and bowed his head courteously. My name is Taikon Tse, he began, rather over-polite for the moonlit occasion of nothing. And you?
He was rampant in emotions, and it seemed like his heart was about to burst out. Though she was patient, and simply watched himself calm down before posing any more words, "It's fine," she said. Quest didn't mind too much as she wasn't particulary doing anything, and he only asked a simple question.

"You can call me," she paused, "Easy," she decided for him. She always had a tendency to use a different name with each encounter, the latest had been Echo, but now she chosen the form of Easy. Perhaps a mental list would be needed, as the silver wolf kept disgarding more and more words, she was afraid to run out.
486 Posts
Ooc — Zina
Easy? It was a strange name, but strange seemed to be the norm in the Teekon Wilds. Taikon wondered about the little woman, confused by her quiet attitude. The last time he had met anyone this unwilling to unleash full sentences, the person had walked away from him entirely, annoyed perhaps by how much he spoke. He was starting to think the extremely lovely Easy would do the same to him.
Where are you heading? he asked, extremely curious about her intentions. Taikon didn't expect much from her answer; she seemed an enigma of mystery, a person who would be unlikely to reveal her secrets to a blathering stranger.
The coywolf nodded, confirming that is the name she has chosen for him. She always prefered to give 'easy' names then anything with specific meanings, or take names she previously knew of. It was easier to roll off the tongue for many, and to forget, as she assumed the names weren't too perculiar to particulary remember.

"No where, but also everywhere." It sounded correct for her situation, she thought.

There was no where for her to be, but she went everywhere.
486 Posts
Ooc — Zina
Oh, he said, as if he had understood the little woman. Her explanation of a destination was about as useful as silence would have been. His brow furrowed a bit as he thought for a moment what she might mean. Taikon had never met a person who spoke this little, or in riddles when they did. Everywhere seems like a lot of places, he joked. He watched her expression, but something told him Easy would not be amused.
I guess that was me not too long ago; I came to this place as a traveller, unsuited for pack life. Actually, it was the woman I'm looking for that brought me to where I live now, he briefly gestured toward Whitebark Stream with a toss of his head. Prior to meeting Aphrodite, he had been fully convinced he would never be in a pack again. Even then, the question of whether or not he should stay with a potential threat on the horizon from other packs hung about him. Juniper was reason enough for him to stay put, however.
Taikon watched her carefully, now scrutinizing her behaviour beyond his initial boyish reaction to her beauty. If it's everywhere and nowhere, what is it you're hunting?
Quest silently listened to his tale. The woman he sought was his savior, and went to go find her. Though she didn't say much on it, as she wasn't really sure what to say about his story. She thought he was simply trying to find common-ground. 

"Nothing," she replied, "I am just travelling." it was an odd question, the coywolf thought. She didn't have a reason to do what she was doing, she simply.. Moved along. Sometimes she thought she was being watched, so would that count as a reason? However that information, was kept to herself.
486 Posts
Ooc — Zina
It must have been a cruelty of the fates that had brought together an overly-talkative prince and an ethereal woman of few words. As usual, Taikon did the majority of the talking for the poorly suited pair, and the lady responded little to his fervent story-telling. It was at this point that Taikon began to feel as though she did not appreciate his prying attempts at knowing her. Despite the fact that Easy showed no sign of discomfort or agitation, he frowned at her answer to him.
I...suppose I should let you get back to that, then, said Taikon, making an expression that might have been described as a vague hurt. She was, to him, quite beautiful, and he hated the thought that such a mesmerizing creature would find him detestable. He assumed her quiet was really polite distaste. It was a pleasure to meet you, Easy, he said with a great, deep bow like that a pleb might do for a Queen in his old Farukan society.
With this, the white wolf turned away, heading west in the hopes of discovering some trace of Aphrodite. He knew he didn't have time for trying to impress a woman anyway, given the woman who actually cared about him was missing.
Her rather stand-off-ish personality was one of little words. She did not mean to be such a rude partner in converse, but at the same time she was not one to easily be able to reply back with more words. Perhaps awkward, but not everyone would think the same. So she nodded at the fellow, as he said his words of deperature.

"Farwell, Taikon," and the coywolf did not stop him.