The Heartwood empty home
284 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Away
All Welcome 
tag for reference!

He told @Caerus he was going to look for herbs and that he’d be gone for awhile. That was only half true. Of course he wanted some herbs at the ready just in case he passed out again (hopefully that wouldn’t happen), but honestly he just needed some time to himself. No neverwinter, no baby drama. Just him and the world, just like old times.

If Cupid wasn’t so worried about his health he’d be running through this forest. God knows he needed to stretch his legs. He’d just stroll around for now.
32 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Dragoon started her move, wandering idly around the wilderness. She preferred to find a dark forest when the night came, but sometimes she resolved to sleeping during the open, despite discomfort. She was so open, with a white and silver pelt, and beaming red eyes. A ghost they called her, or a witch others would say.

Then through her small journey, the white wolf spotted another, and peered over.
[Image: dcwje5p-dbc91026-77cd-487e-8b50-9bfc6d45...NqJ0qDs8YM]
284 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Away
There goes that moment to himself. He should’ve expected this. There was always someone out there to ruin the day. And why’d a lot of them have to be the creepy, stare-y type? This lady reminded him of that one kid back at the swamp, and he didn’t like that one bit.

Cupid stopped and glared right back at her. So are you just gonna keep watching me or are you gonna speak?
32 Posts
Ooc —
Away
"My apologies," though she said so, there was still a blank stare without remorse as she calmly looked onto the tempered wolf. They were a bit mystified, by the uncommon red eyes. It was the second wolf the mercenary met, with a signature similar to her own. She had not seen any until coming to this wild, and it gave her a some sort of.. Discourse. She felt a bad omen, was to fall upon her.

"I am Dragoon."
284 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Away
Now most normal wolves would’ve looked away, but this lady wasn’t like them. She just.. kept staring. Cupid felt obligated to stare back. It’s an unspoken contest, and he ultimately loses. Yeah, no, he wasn’t doing this creepy shit.

Cupid, he returned, Now what do you want?
32 Posts
Ooc —
Away
They are snappy, but Dragoon has met warlords with similar tempers, she was not phased, "Do you live here?" she asked. She can smell that pack upon them, but noticed there were no territory marks upon entering, and assumed it was safe. Though perhaps it could be a new claim, for all she knew.

Or, he was a runaway.
284 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Away
No. That wasn't entirely true. Sure, he didn't live here specifically, but neverwinter was just a hop, skip, and a jump away. He'd never disclose that information of course, especially not to this creep.

Do you? If she did he may just have to up and move. Kidding! a little
32 Posts
Ooc —
Away
"No," she said flatly, "I am a wandering mercenary, looking to be hired." Though it seemed the job market was rather rough around these parts, as most wanted complete loyalty, then a simple ride. She can respect it, however Dragoon was also irked, as this land was more into that then the others she encountered.
284 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Away
Wandering mercenary huh? Now that’s a title he never heard before. Come to think of it he’s never heard someone called themselves a wandering anything.

I hear there’s trouble in the mountains. He paused to recollect all the information Mal had told him. Some group called The Saints set up shop there. They kidnap wolves or some shit like that.

I’m guessing a few packs are trying to run ‘em out. Maybe they could use a wandering mercenary. Sounds like a good bargain. She could go get a job at sunspire and he wouldn’t have to worry about a creep wandering around his son’s home.
32 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Dragoon definitely raised a brow to that, "their leader Donovan wanted to recruit me- but wouldn't hire." She had no reason to see on why to join the man, and perhaps learning more of the info, solidfied that. She didn't want to be associated with a group who was being ran out- being hired by them was one thing, but a permanent home was another, "I declined."

"I only ask for a place to stay and food for the contract." If anyone truly wished to hire the mercenary, that was all she wanted through their business.
284 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Away
Dodged a bullet there. You’d hate to be fighting on the side of a crazy kidnapper. Yep, not a good look on the record.

Sounds like a fair deal. There’s bound to be a handful of packs willing to provide that for her. Shit maybe he would if he had a job for her, but he didn’t. Cupid wasn’t about to point her towards neverwinter either. They were already too involved in this saints shit than he was comfortable with. They didn’t need a mercenary fighting for them on top of that.

If I find someone that’s in need of a mercenary I’ll let ya know. That is if they see each other again of course. He doubted it. He was just throwing it out there to be nice.

Cupid began walking past her. He couldn’t stay to chat for long. Had to find those herbs and all that. See ya around.
32 Posts
Ooc —
Away
The ghost nodded at the red-eyed wolf, agreeing with so. She felt even being hired would've been a risky move, as if so many were against them and she joined, there would be an association. Dragoon would definitely have to travel to another land as so, since it seemed there was an abundant of packs in the wilds.

"Thank you, farwell" With at least that word getting around that she was for hire, there was satisfaction.

So, with a rather knowledgeful ending, Dragoon took an exit out of the woods.