Sun Mote Copse that visions are seldom all they seem
134 Posts
Ooc — summer
All Welcome 
ideally a teaching/playing thread so I can count for caregiver?? but really whatever direction this goes I'm cool w it :3 @Quetzal

Chanel knew the puppies, had encountered them at times, but did not know them as well as she wished. If she wanted to be a babysitter, she had to know the babies, right? Well- they weren't so young anymore, more of kids now who could talk and run with changing eyes and fluent speech- but this age, she thought, was even better than the infant one. So she set out that day towards the rendezvous, looking for any children who she might be able to entertain.
threads 3/5
82 Posts
Ooc —
Quetzal was zig-zagging around the rendezvous, chasing after a hopping bunny that knew it could not be bested. Not by Q, anyway. Nature seemed to humor her, but the moment Chanel came around the thing, once it observed her, made like a bat out of hell. Q followed, not noting the presence of the tawny sitter, and nearly reemed into the womans forelegs as she noticed too late. The cub pressed the breaks (perhaps too late) sending dirt flying helter skelter (not really, she was too small to leave much of an impression on the world beneath her yet... but her nails and the base of her paws did leave little indents in the earth where she pressed the hardest). AAAAHHHHH!! She screeched, though the sound devolved to giggles. Even if she hit against Chanel, the cub at least was none too phased; she was back on all fours in an instant. 

HEY!!!! she greeted, too large ears twitching as she danced around her newest friend. Her voice sounded similar to her aunts, who she worshipped, and her boisterous volume was typical since @Meerkat often complained of how quiet she sounded when she wasn't yelling. Since Q liked that sister best of all (Alyx was great, but did not like getting down and dirty with her) she was inclined to trust her judgment on the matter versus the rest of her family who said she was (insert air quotes here) always yelling. Pfffft. 

After a beat, Q realized she didn't know this wolf. Not that it mattered. All it took was one single thing for strangers to become friends... and as far as Q was concerned, it was a name. WHO YOU??? She harped, rearing on her hinds to place her forelegs on her latest companies own. I'M Q! She introduced with a waving tail.
134 Posts
Ooc — summer
She didn't realize finding the kids would be this easy! As a rabbit dashed past, and Q followed, Chanel whipped her head to look to the prey, but her instincts were too slow to set off after it now. All she could do was release an overdramatic scream AAAAAAAAA!!! when Quetzal got DIRT all over her. She looked back to the girl- who was clearly much less bothered by dirt, as she fell into giggles. Even as she brushed off each of her forelegs in turn, the sitter was charmed by the girl's spirit. 

The girl was loud, which Chanel didn't mind, considering she herself was quite the blabbermouth- and she was happy to share, when the child demanded a name, introducing herself as 'Q' in turn. The sitter giggled as  paws found her forelegs, I'm Chanel Vasselli! She cooed, allowing a touch of daddy's accent to enter her voice in their family name, And whose daughter might you be, Q? For there were so many related wolves here- and though she resembled Phox, it was not always easy to tell.
threads 3/5
82 Posts
Ooc —
Not knowing dirt bothered Chanel much the same way it bothered Alyx, Q flopped onto her back and just rubbed her own back in it. The dustmite loved any and all things dirt, now and forever. Chanel introduced herself after Q's prompting, and Q grinned up at her from bellow, forelegs curled over her chest. Whose daughter was she?

TOWMA!!! NEEMA!!! PHOMA! I kiddin', he not ma, he da, she giggled at her own hilariousness, and looked back up at Chanel with splintered eyes that were fast changing into what they would be when she was grown. Whose daughter is you? she mimicked, wrongly, but this was the way in which Q learned!
134 Posts
Ooc — summer
I suck im sorry omg

Much to Chanel's disgust, the girl flopped onto her back in the dirt, covering himself in grime. The rosy girl winced at the sight, but tried to force a smile in spite of the cringe in her gaze. Q was adorable in spite of her chaotic nature, and Chanel giggled at the way she spoke the names- which she was able to tie each to an individual in the pack. And then the question was returned to her- and though it was just an imitation, Chanel wasn't sure how to respond. My parents are far away, and their names are irrelevant here. She summarized simply- not some unfortunate death metaphor, just the solid truth. 

And would Towma, Neema, and Phom- Phoda, approve of you getting all dirty like this? Chanel questioned with a somewhat playful raise of her brow, though she wasn't really sure of her answer. They probably didn't mind. After all, Firebirds raised their children in a way much different than her homeland had.
threads 3/5