Big Salmon Lake All my life they let me know
The Phoenix General
180 Posts
Ooc — Cheeto
All Welcome 
Setting: Mid-afternoon/Around 80° F
Āzon's character introduction. Anyone is welcome to join!

The large brute staggered as he walked, swaying back and forth rhythmically as consciousness attempted to drift away. It had to be hundreds of degrees out here and that was just hundreds of degrees too high for this northern native. One would think that Āzoniol could be able to bare the rapidly changing weather around him after months of travel, but they'd be sorely mistaken. Though the temperatures were the least of his worries right about now.

hunger and thirst consumed the beast like a raging fire.

The dryness in Āzon's throat made it too painful to speak or even let out any audible noise. His pants sounded more like dry gasp rather than heaves of air and his tongue lulled lazily to the side of his mouth. If it wasn't obvious enough to the naked eye, Āzoniol was in the worst shape imaginable due to how neglectful he was towards his own health. It was as if the guilt Āzon felt for leaving his younger brother behind still noshed away at his core. What would they do to him if he wasn't there to protect him? He did not know. And that very fact distracted Āzon from eating regularly ever since departure.

Before anymore self-resentment could litter the thoughts of the he-wolf, his bi-colored visionaries set their sites on something that made them widen in arousal; water.

Āzoniol's drunken pace never changed but it did quicken whilst running towards those shores, wasting no time dipping his cranium down to take a drink. The cooling feeling of water hydrating his parched lips sent a shiver down his spine and a huff of relief from his nostrils.

The Pheonix General
266 Posts
Ooc — Van
Though he was largely traveling with Valour, Clarence was also keen on going off on his own now. It was a strange kind of freedom that he had never had before, being able to explore by himself. Mostly in the Wilderness, of course, but still. His paws ached to travel more than anything, and right now, he was giving in to that urge.

The lake was beautiful in the sunlight, and it was hot out. His fur had shed for summer, but he was still relatively fluffy - softer than a lot of other wolves, due to whatever dog had been bred into his DNA. 

He approached the water at a trot, and dipped his head down to lap at the surface, until he saw another figure a ways down the shore. His curled tail waved a bit, hopeful that it could be a new companion of sorts, and he approached the man slowly. At least, until he saw the kind of shape he was in. And then his eyes widened in concern. 

"Um, excuse me," he called, pausing a few feet off. "Are you alright?"
The Phoenix General
180 Posts
Ooc — Cheeto
Āzoniol's tongue lapped up the water greedily as a means to make up for the dehydration that nearly consumed him. The brute was so engrossed in what he was doing, in fact, that he neither saw nor sensed the approaching presence of anyone nearby. So when a voice of unknown origins suddenly came from nowhere, Āzon's already weakened pulse nearly leapt back to life in the cage of his chest.

His white crown instantly twisted sideways to face the stranger, hackles frilling from the back of his neck in alarm. A toothy snarl of warning directed itself towards the similarly colored male while he licked the jowls which water still dripped from. Āzon probably looked like some crazed rouge to them — a starved looking wolf that threatened those who dared to tread closer. Either way, the sire wasn't too concerned on how he looked at the moment. He hadn't seen another wolf in weeks and the sight of one right now made him instinctively hold his guard up out of both distrust and panic.

"You...who're you?..." the large sire croaked through still bared teeth. His voice was still strained from the lack of moisture.

The Pheonix General
266 Posts
Ooc — Van
Clarence figured that most wolves would probably be alarmed at that reaction. After all, this guy was kinda big, but he was also really outta shape. It wasn't like Clarence was all that much better, especially being so much smaller than the guy, but he was at least fed and hydrated. And not in a panic. 

He did step back a little, offering the man a smile and lowering his head. The equivalent to holding his hands up in surrender. There was really no risk of the piebald wolfdog attacking the larger unprovoked. 

"Clarence," he responded, red eyes flicking up to make eye contact. And, hey, this guy had one eye that matched his own. "I'm not gonna hurt you, or anything." He paused for a moment, glancing toward the water. "What's your name?"
The Phoenix General
180 Posts
Ooc — Cheeto
The mysterious man before him smiled, a perplexing reaction despite Āzon more or less expecting him to attack upon confrontation. His guard was never lowered when the wolf failed to show any signs of reflected aggression, but his dry snarling towards them did eventually come to a slow stop.

Upon observation, the he-wolf did look fairly similar to Āzon in terms of physical features — the only contrasts being the difference in size & health, lack of markings and (of course) his damned green eye. Although he did take their strangely curled tail and flopped ear into account as well — 'What is this?' Āzon pondered curiously at these features for a while, wondering if his flopped ear was caused by injury and if his tassel shared a similar tale.

Now came the trying moment that was introductions; the male began first by introducing himself as 'Clarence'. Then came the dreaded question Āzon had hoped he wouldn't be asked — 'Whats your name?'. He definitely didn't feel too comfortable handing out his name to strangers willy nilly by the slim chance that he'd be recognized as an empire's banished subject. Though, no particular ill will was ever picked up between the two of them. So to hell with it.

Parking his rump at the edge of the lake, keeping his bi colored gaze on his reflection, Āzoniol sighed triedly and begrudgingly spoke his identity. "Call me Āzon. I'm new 'round these parts...". The atmosphere shifted to a much calmer state but still held thick tension in it, for Āzon was not yet trusting of the wolven stranger beside him.

The Pheonix General
266 Posts
Ooc — Van
Thankfully, the larger wolf did not remain angry at him forever, and Clarence offered him a genuine smile. Of course, the wolfdog meant no harm. There would be no need to hurt a random stranger, after all, and besides. This was a big wolf - even in this state, he might do a lot of damage. The risk infinitely outweighed the reward. 

Clarence sat down when the man did, inquisitive red eyes scanning him over. Azon. A strange name, but not too off from what he was used to. 

"I... guess I'm a little new around here, too," he explained with a sheepish smile. "I lived down south, but the pack disbanded, and... well, here I am." Alone, for the first time in ages. Probably for the first time in his entire life, actually. 

He paused, before continuing on. "Are you hungry? I can try to find you something to eat," the boy offered. He'd gotten better at hunting, especially with the metal contraption around his wrist. He could probably catch something if he tried.
The Phoenix General
180 Posts
Ooc — Cheeto
Āzoniol still attempted to avoid any eye contact, but couldn't help but glance in the direction of the stranger when they'd talk about their former aligance. A pack, no, a disbanded pack southern ways from where they were right now. Made him wonder just how many packs were around the area....did that mean Clarence was a rouge like him? While his eyes scanned the boy curiously, Āzoniol couldn't help but notice something strange on their wrist. A part of him wanted to ask Clarence what it was, but kept his lips shut and continued staring into the water. It was probably too much of a sensitive topic to cover — Āzon of all people would know that feeling all too well after all.

Silence was all that followed from Āzon as the boy talked; well, that was until the mention of 'food' was involved. His ears quickly pricked up and his head snapped towards Clarence. He hadn't found anything to eat in days and an offer like this was something that sounded like music to his ears — mainly because his hunting skills weren't the best and all the prey he did manage to catch were already damn near dead. Āzon realized that he must've been staring wordlessly at Clarence like a starving animal (which technically, he was) and quickly turned away to compose himself. A brief "Yeah, sure, it's whatever..." is all he'd muster in a hidden state of embarrassment.

The Pheonix General
266 Posts
Ooc — Van
I'm so sorry, I thought I replied!
Small timeskip in this post.

Clarence's ears perked up and a smile crossed his maw. So the other wolf was hungry. Of course, it had been pretty obvious that that was the case - the guy looked pretty skinny. "Wait here then!" he offered, tail waving as he turned to head off. Maybe he could find something nearby worth bringing back.

Fortunately for them both, there was a rabbit a bit further up the shore, nibbling on some grass around the banks. Stalking was something he'd gotten better at - keeping that bracelet on his wrist from jingling took extra effort, but he managed. 

The actual hunt was fairly short - to catch the rabbit and bring it back took around fifteen to twenty minutes. It was a young rabbit, but not too bad. Certainly better than nothing. He padded forward and brought it to the white wolf, laying it down at his feet.
The Phoenix General
180 Posts
Ooc — Cheeto
No worries XD

Āzoniol's ears would perk at the sound of this boy's beaming voice and watched as he skittered off to do what he promised; fetch some food. It was beyond the pale brute's knowledge as to why a complete stranger he'd just met was so up and willing to help him out like this — ecspecially since Āzon hadn't given him the most welcoming of introductions. They seemed like a genuinely pleasant soul — and he'd started to feel guilty about his behavior....

The molten-eyed boy returned with a sizable looking lagamorph placed at Āzon's feet. His mouth began to salvate at the mere sight of it and wasted no time bowing down to feast, ripping out large, greedy chunks that nearly made him choke. But even a starving animal like Āzon had room in his hard head for consideration. He couldn't just eat away while the he-wolf watched. The least he could do was share and thank them....

"You aren't gonna eat?" He asked with furrowed brows and about as much table manners as on would expected only from a child; full mouth of food and blood smearing his muzzle.

The Pheonix General