Witch's Marsh well i didn’t tell anyone, but a bird flew by
192 Posts
Ooc —
Away
All Welcome 
tag for reference 
@Donovan Azura

It’s only been a few days and Cenric was already out searching for his brother. He left at the break of dawn, telling @Célnes’s he’d be back later. He wasn’t sure if she’d heard him; the goodbye was rushed. He was eager to find Kendrick alive or dead. The sooner they knew what had come of him, the sooner they could leave.

By the time the evening rays kissed the earth, the Déorine was knee-deep in the mud of a marsh. It seemed innocent enough when he first arrived; there wasn’t enough dirt to cause concern. By now he was regretting coming through here. It smelled awful, his fur was ruined, and he could barely move through this place. If there was any trace of Kendrick here it was masked by all the filth.
closed for threads
"Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future."
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
Eeek I just realized Donovan is hurt and it would take him at least 3 and a half days to get out there because of his injuries and that doesn’t compute with my timeline like at all. (@_@)
Would we be able to forward date it?? Or...? I’m sorry I didn’t catch this before you posted it. :’<

Donovan heads East in search of many things. Any other packs that could be lurking about, recruits, and just about anything that could entertain him in any type of fashion. Though as he begins trudging through the muck that this swamp is famous for, he vaguely wonders to himself Why didn’t I just go the fuck around?

Still, it’s too late and he continues on. I sure of where he’s really going, he maps it out as he maps his path through the wilds. Taking mental note of his surroundings and saving them for later for when he’ll need them. When will he need them? He’s got no damn clue.

Though something catches his eye as he walks through the mud and soggy grass. For a hopeful moment he hopes it’s a deer or something stuck in the mud. Maybe he’ll get a free meal today. Though as he approaches he understands that he’s sorely mistaken. It a whole ass other wolf. And for a moment he chastises himself for coming out here moderately injured. So to get a better view he drags himself up and out of the wetness and onto a smaller raised portion of land.

Shamelessly he drags his eyes along the other, taking in their appearance and finally calls out to them. “Hey there.” He says loud enough for them to here. “Who might you be?”
192 Posts
Ooc —
Away
it’s np! I changed the date

He doesn’t expect to find his brother in the swamp, or anyone for that matter. He was mistaken.

Hey there, someone called out. Cenric slowly lifted his head and dragged his gaze along the marsh. He sees a man, a strange looking man. He’s tall and bulky. An oddly stripped pattern runs along his body. That tail is like nothing he’s ever seen before. Cenric wondered if this was some horrible creature in wolf’s clothing.

He fought he against his will to turn away he said, Hello. He’d stay to entertain this beast until he turned away. Cenric didn’t want to turn his back on him.

Who might I be? he repeats, Is that important to you?
closed for threads
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
Thank you so much!

Donovan eyes the other as he gives his own greeting. Then Donovan smirks, “Donovan Azura of the Abby. Grandmaster of the Saints.” He introduces on the spot. He carries himself with confidence. The shiny, scars on his face and shoulder are recent and still smart if he moves the wrong way. Yet he continues to stand tall, smirk on his face, and an interested gleam in his eye as he continues. “Yes actually, depending on what pack you hail from. Now, it’s your turn.” He comments almost politely, referring to his name.
192 Posts
Ooc —
Away
The name and whereabouts would stay in the back of Cenric’s mind for some time. He doubted the information would ever be of use to him, but he may as well keep it locked away. Who knows, maybe someone would need it in the future.

Donovan’s reasoning was well... interesting and perplexing. Cenric Déorwine. The name rolls of his tongue smoothly. I am not bound to any pack.
closed for threads
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
“Interesting.” He hums in reply to the name that graces his ears. 

He truly wonders if he speaks the truth when he claims himself to no pack. Oh well, it’s not his place to poke about his business and really, he could care less. “You look like you can fight.” He comments, a devilish smile tilts his maw upwards. Coingold irises shimmer with a fascinates wonder and he tilts his chin up to him. “Spar with me.” He asks. His tone of voice neutral, not really meaning it to be an order, rather it’s an offer.
192 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Well this is unexpected. It’s been awhile since he’d had a proper spar. There were much more pressing matters to worry about. Cenric wasn’t sure if he wanted to brush up on his skills with a man like him. Donovan wasn’t the ideal sparring partner.

I’m flattered, but I must decline. Cenric turned his nose away, but kept one eye on the beast. You see, I’m searching for my brother and I don’t know how long it will take. I’d hate to waste my energy in a fight. Perhaps another time.
closed for threads
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
He offers a full bout of rumbling laughter, though it only lasts a couple seconds he shakes his head. The smile is still in his face but the clear disappointment in his features could be seen from a mile away. “Shame. I always like sparing with new wolves I meet. Gives me a good sense of how skilled you are. A fair warrior deserves respect.” He shrugs then. “I understand. You say you’re searching for your brother. Who is he? What’s he look like?” He inquires like it’s the most interesting thing isn’t he world.
192 Posts
Ooc —
Away
The laughter confused him. What was so amusing about his answer? His obvious disappointment was perplexing as well. Oh well. He wouldn’t pry.

His name is Kendrick Déorwine, he started. He’s light brown and he’s got darker flecks on his rear. His eyes are pink. He doubted the beast has seen him. The family hasn’t been graced by the High Elk’s blessings as of late. That pattern didn’t seem like it’d be changing anytime soon.

We were separated when a fire destroyed our home.
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
Kendrick Déorwine. Nope hasn’t seen or heard of him. It’s a shame really. Seeing no point in lying about it, he shrugs with a shake of his head. “Haven’t seen him.” Is the only info he can give the other. “A forest fire then? Which direction do you come from? Where do you think he could’ve fled?” Then he even dares to give the other another possibility he’s not sure the male has considered. “You think he made it out alive?” He asks ominously. Though it’s not to bother or grate on his nerves, it’s a serious question. “If you think he did, then perhaps I could keep an eye out for you.” He offers casually. 

“Let’s day I do find him.” He hums, a curious tone to his voice. “Where do I send him?”
192 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Cenric hummed quietly. He was expecting that answer. Still, it was a shame. If someone knew the whereabouts of his brother this mission would be much easier.

From the north. If he escaped I assume he headed in the same direction as I did. There was no other option. There was fire in every other direction.

As for the next question- If my sisters made it out alive I’m sure he did as well. Really though, Cenric could only hope. So many family members had their lives taken from them that day. It was possible his brother suffered the same fate.

Your help is greatly appreciated. If you see him send him to the north. He gestured towards whitebark with his chin. My sisters and I are recuperating in the taiga.
closed for threads
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
Donovan hums in acknowledgment when the other thanks him for keeping an eye out. Then perks his ears up when he hears of a taiga. He hasn’t travel anywhere around the taiga it seems. He’d remember if he did anyhow. Still he takes note of where the male tells Donovan where to send his brother if he finds him. 

“The Taiga. Got it.” He hums in contemplation. “Haven’t been that way but I’ll inform him if I get the chance.” He doesn’t know the loss of siblings, for he was the only child. He’s sure it’s the equivalent of losing his pack, so Donovan doesn’t judge him for looking. If he didn’t have strikingly obvious proof that his family hadn’t died right in front of him then he might be looking for them too.

He shrugs then, adding a useless “Well.” He begins. “Sorry I couldn’t be more help to you, peaches. Maybe we’ll meet again. If we do I hope you’re in for a spar next time we meet.” He gives him a wink and hops off the small hill and back into the swampy water. “Don’t get into too much trouble now.” He teases with a quick wink before beginning to pad off.
192 Posts
Ooc —
Away
It’s quite alright, he says as he lazily waves his paw. Cenric wasn’t expecting him to know, or even help for that matter. He was satisfied with Donovan’s willingness to aid him, even if it was the bare minimum.

He nodded as the beast took his leave and watched as he was engulfed in the swamp’s fog. When he was out of sight Cenric thought over his parting words, more specifically the nickname that was bestowed upon him.

Peaches? the Déorwine huffed, What a strange man. Then he walked off in the opposite direction.
closed for threads