Whitefish River A Sparrow Sits on the Backstep, Watching
58 Posts
Ooc — Half Moon.
Trade 
Celara had been walking for several days by the time she saw the river. It was a relief to finally reach it, for though she had memorized the directions and followed them exactly, it had been a while since she had seen any landmarks. Besides, it meant her journey was nearly over. All she would have to do now was follow it until she smelled the scent markers.

Celara took the chance to lap at the water and catch a few small fish. The terrain that she traveled was unfamiliar, so she had not been able to hunt well, but she had fished at her old land. Satiated, she looked around. The river ran across the land, far beyond her vision. Along it's banks were patches of light woodland, and lush fields. Beyond that, green grass slowly turned brown. This place was beautiful, nearly as much so as Vale. 

Celara shook herself dry and continued on. She would train here, under the wolf Reiko had told her of. She would become stronger, be able to protect the empire that was now her home. And she would be useful to it, and be allowed to stay. First, however, she had to find her teacher.

At last, the scent of the border hit her nostrils. She grit her teeth and howled.
Take these sunken eyes and learn to see
369 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Guardian
Away
He had been making the rounds within and out along the borders of Kaistleoki, his new position of Constable still didn't feel quite real and yet he still felt the tug to do more than he normally would beforehand. It was tiring, but soon enough he should feel comfortable again and ease up on his duties before he dropped dead from exhaustion. Never did he dream he would be second in command of anything, or even in the council when he had joined the riverside pack, and it was an honour that he had managed to obtain enough trust from Ira that he was her first choice. Now more than ever he didn't want to disappoint her. 

A howl would prove to eventually be a good distraction to take his mind off it all for a moment, as he trotted over to where their visitor was, he offered a smile. Not being able to smell the Empire on her (or smell at all really), he couldn't guess who she was for the time being. Hello miss, I'm Hieronymous, how can I help you? Hopefully, she would be a pleasant visitor and not like the last one they had.
New Threads: closed, he's dead, let him rest
Companion: Hiero can be seen with a grizzly bear as a companion in most of his threads! His name is Dakota
58 Posts
Ooc — Half Moon.
The wolf seemed friendly, which was a relief. Though she had been told the pack would welcome her, it was still nerve wracking to walk up to the border of a stranger. Still, she needed training. She lowered herself submissively before speaking.

"I am Celara Argenti, of the Reneian Empire. I am here to train under Hieronymous." She waited slightly nervously for a response. The river kept flowing, the constant sound soothing. As Celara listened to the sound, she wondered. Why had the Empire split off from this place?  If the wolves were cruel, they would not be sister packs, and the territory was beautiful and undamaged. Had they just felt wanderlust, or was there something more? She would have to ask her mentor.
369 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Guardian
Away
The submissive behaviour of the woman was sweet, respectful and Hiero wouldn't chastise or mock her for such formalities. Letting it happen and dipping his head in a returned gesture to greet her, he listened and smiled. Well, luckily for you, I am he. Ira had already a few under her belt to train, having done some with a few members already and now it seemed it was Hiero's turn to take one under his wing instead of just a random bored spar here and there.

No, this one was his ward from the sound of it. And I accept you as my squire Celara. Before we do anything, may I ask what kind of training you are looking for? he could take a wild guess and it was more likely something along the lines of fighting... did she have a specific idea in mind? Defensive for guardian, or offensive for warrior training?

For now he sat quietly, patiently waiting for an answer.

Sorry I've been away! I'm getting back into posting regularly now!
Companion: Hiero can be seen with a grizzly bear as a companion in most of his threads! His name is Dakota
58 Posts
Ooc — Half Moon.
Celara was surprised to hear that the wolf watching the border was one who would train her. Still, it certainly made things simpler. The term "Squire" was unfamilier, but the inflection and context made the meaning clear. His question, however, was more difficult. She knew she would learn to fight, but the type of fighting she had not thought about. The she-wolf remained silent for a time, considering. The Reneian Empire was a peaceful place, and would not be likely to go to war. They would have more use for a defender. And if she left it, to seek someplace on her own, starting fights would be foolish. At last, she gave her answer.  "To learn to defend my pack."
369 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Guardian
Away
Her answer was simple, he liked that, With a nod, he continued. Good. It was a good sign from any pack member to be this willing to defend it, whatever was happening back in the Empire at least still had some loyalty within it, and members who were still willing to fight for its survival and health. Do you want to show me what you know already? I can give you pointers for today and another time we can do something a little more... adventurous.

Perhaps another day he would inform her of his disabilities, for now, he wanted to make sure she was comfortable and they could get the groundwork done if she so desired to do so after a long trek here. Of course, if you aren't too tired. You can always rest and find me again now that you know what I look like. Playfully he winked at the end of his sentence, trying to lighten the mood and once again, to keep her comfortable around him now that they just met and would see much more of each other in the future.
58 Posts
Ooc — Half Moon.
Was he flirting? It certainly sounded like it, but she wasn't positive. It was rather uncomfortable. Still, Hieoronymous was her mentor, so she decided to ignore it, instead thinking about the rest of what he said. The walk had been long, but after the detour she had taken, she didn't want to waste anymore time. "I just need a minute. Then we can begin." She sat down, letting the exhaustion seep from her tired paws.
369 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Guardian
Away
Of course, he wasn't flirting. Though perhaps with his demeanor, it wouldn't be a wild assumption since most wouldn't talk to anyone the way he did - but if one was to see how he treated Ira before his agreement to back off, the difference between him flirting and being friendly would be obvious enough. Shoot, if he knew it was making the young lady uncomfortable, he'd change everything on a dime!

Absolutely, the water by the river is nice and cool if you want a drink, we can always meet again later today or tomorrow. It would simply be a shame for her to go back to the vale without having at least something to go home with, a kind of assessment, something to work on until their next training session. Perhaps after this, Hiero would be the one to visit her in the vale instead, take turns if she would allow that to travel.
58 Posts
Ooc — Half Moon.
I am really sorry for the wait.
Celara nodded at his reply. The possibly flirting tone seemed to have left his voice, which was a relief. She drank another sip of water, before speaking. "Where will you be? I might take another minute." Her voice carried an embarrassed note. After the detour with a certain hybrid, the grey wolf felt shame for not starting immediately. Still, despite her shame, she could not make herself move.