Nimbus Summit and i need to see where donkey kong pees
109 Posts
Ooc — gryff
All Welcome 
so.

rain.

benry wasn't dumb. he sounded dumb, sure, but he wasn't. he knew things. probably knew more things than most wildlife ever knew. he wasn't good at the whole bear grylls survival thing, but, like...instincts, man. he figured he'd get it eventually. 

unfortunately, his instincts didn't help much when it came to traversing the newly flooded landscape. appropriately titled the floodlands, but he didn't know that. 

he knew that little cats didn't like water and he figured that he wasn't supposed to, but he was good at it. swimming, that is. he didn't like it, but he was ok at it. enough to get out of the water. and onto a cliff.

he was really good at the climbing thing for sure. like...B-Tier, maybe. solid B. he got himself into a little cave-thingy. out of the rain at least. it was cramped.
160 Posts
Ooc — Ilona
Benry, Henry the Mountain Lion, your character profile made me smile :)
-----

There was something welcoming about the rain, it could bring a mood of peace and serenity on a dreary, cloudy day. It could drive away those hot-hotter-than-hot days and bring a refreshing quenching drink to yellow vegetation that had been burned by the sun too long. But it was something entirely off world when rain took over; the world or so it appeared. It rained, rained and rained. All these droplets of water turned into a lot of water and while it was okay to get splashy and wet, drowning ...wasn't okay. Like Benry, Epic was also picking the higher grounds, trying to find shelter from the flood while the rest of the world turned into the movie Water World. But when Epic, huffing and puffing because his climbing condition could be better, reached the entrance of a cave he found out he wasn't alone.

Ah oh.

"Oh dear." Was all he could muster up to say while he flinched as he came eye to eye with a mountain lion.
109 Posts
Ooc — gryff
I'm glad to hear people like him!

he began to groom himself. which may seem dumb — why cover yourself in more wetness, right? — but here's the thing! : grooming yourself makes your fur all nice and fluffy, which makes it easier for you to dry off! awesome.

he looked up, blepping, hearing a heavy breath and claws scrabbling on the stone. a wolf. sup man, he pulled his tongue back in his mouth. you, uhhhhh... tryin to get outta the rain too? he moved back as best he could. me quesa sue quesa, amirite?
160 Posts
Ooc — Ilona
Mountain lions and wolves didn't mix well together, at least that was a plain rule written in every National Geographic textbook. And that is what instinct told Epic too. Somewhere in his mind someone had pushed a red button that screamed DANGER DANGER. And it was just his (bad) luck for running into a mountain lion.

However Epic was anything but an ordinary wolf following every textbook detail to a notch; and it appeared neither was Benry. He had been grooming himself and his reply to Epic's entrance was anything but hostile. "Uh ..yeah." Epic replied a bit dazzled and surprised and unsure for a moment there. How was he supposed to respond to those questions. Have an action conversation with a mountain lion? Well, it was 2020 after all. "So..are you a very lickable guy?" Epic ..ehh...probably meant likeable.
109 Posts
Ooc — gryff
sweet, benry smiled as the wolf took up his offer, returning back to grooming. the action was comforting in a way, though he didn't much like the taste of all the muck and grime on his body. huh? oh. yea, bro. he said between licks. 's how i keep clean. wha, you wolves don't lick yerselves? weak.
160 Posts
Ooc — Ilona
Benry had probably met the dirtiest wolf in town. Epic did very little to clean himself, he hated it with a passion and would rather be Smelly Jelly. It did appear that he had some differences with the cougar who was very keen to stay clean. "Nope, we jump into a mud bath instead. Nothing like mean, lean mudmachine, right?" Not that Epic was like any wolf. "Am I smelly?" Epic suddenly honestly wondered out loud as he looked back to the big cat who he named MR CLEAN inside his mind.