Emberwood Smeared with oil like David's boy, o lei o lai o lord,
366 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Away
All Welcome 
dated august 3rd.
The rain never seemed to stop. She wondered if the river at the pack would overflow, and that would mean her family would need to move. Célnes felt grateful for the river wolves to take them in while recovery, but none felt too loyal to the grayscale wolves. It was the thought once Kendrick has been discovered, they may simply leave in peace.. And now that she knows he is alive, the chance of prompting them to leave seemed high.

She thought to scout out for the possibility of movement, and temporary took coverage under a tree to get a bit dry. Her fur was soaked, and clung to her slim body. While cold and wet, it was not in vain. Beside the forest that the elken woman currently waited in, were mountains.. They couldn't get away from the rain- but perhaps from possible flooding. 

The High Elk wouldn't be there- but maybe, beyond them?

[Image: daypp44-35fafcf4-5681-4f2b-ade7-060f2833...UH7g592rRs]
102 Posts
Ooc — Florian
Away
Gods Dante loved the rain. It was probably the one thing that could even begin to rival his love for the sea. There was something about the smell of a rain-soaked wood that put him at ease, made the young man feel like he'd been cleansed and renewed. It was sobering, in a way, made him wonderfully self-aware of his existence and all that surrounded him. It made him feel alive. 

That was how Dante felt today, alive. Also, cold. His pelt was thoroughly soaked through, the mousy tones of his pelt turning something darker as he padded underneath the aspens. Emberwood had become something of a haven to him recently; the little mourning dove could often be found resting underneath the shade of the trees during the hotter days of the summer, listening to the vibrant sounds of life that permeated the area. Such was not the case today. Instead, he had come in hopes to hunt, though it quickly became clear that the showers had washed away any chance of him catching a scent trail. His mood was hardly disturbed though, and instead he'd decided to simply wander aimlessly. Tomorrow there'd be work to be done- re-marking the borders, catching up on the hunting he'd not been able to complete, surely something to do with The Saints- but today, he would enjoy the rain in peace. 

It was just as he'd begun to start towards the small clearing that'd he'd claimed as his relaxation spot that a flash of dark fur caught his eye. There, underneath one of the larger conifers that dotted the territory, was a brunette figure, seemingly seeking haven from the rain. The sight brought a smile to the young man's face, and he gave a light chuckle, slowing his steps slightly. He gave a warm chuff to the stranger, his content mood preventing any wariness he may have otherwise shown, attempting to meet their eye before turning his maw up to the sky momentarily. When he glanced back at the other, an eyebrow quirked, he offered another chuckle. S'a bit wet, innit?

366 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Away
Light and brown- the closest she has seen to the High Elk's blessing. However, they felt too far to consider it a blessing, and could see the elders frowing now. Though she, smiled on, "It is." The rain in this land was something she had not seen, and took it as some kind of curse almost. Though at the same time, only hoped it was a simple coincidence, and wouldn't last forever.

"Does it rain often in these lands?" She inquired on the thought.

102 Posts
Ooc — Florian
Away
The young man was pleasantly surprised to find the stranger recpetive to his kind words, smiling brighter from where he stood in the pouring rain. He padded a fstep or two nearer to the -woman, he believed- so he might not have to raise his voice so. I'd say so, yes. Haven't been here too long myself, but yes. Though I will say, he added on an exhale, It's been quite a bit heavier than usual. The streams are getting fat with water right about now, his voice trailed off as his mind wandered back to his visit to whitebark, and the rushing stream he'd come upon. The water had gushed heavily then; Dante wondered how the pack might fair should their banks flood. 

So, he began again, letting his gaze wander the surrounding area, I take it you're not from here? Unless you're just asking me about the weather as a nicety, he posed the question with gentle humor, gaze flitting over the woman with curiosity.

366 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Away
A wary sign. The fire of their homeland, then the heavy raining season within the new land, everywhere they stepped was a natural disaster. She wondered if the prophets back home would assume it was a trial of sorts, for the family. Célnes held a bitter taste on the thought, as to why the High Elk would propose such a wicked game. 

No one could know a God's thoughts.

"Ah, no," she gave a faint laugh, "I only recently came to these wilds with my siblings. We are adjusting." It was different. Wolves of these lands were colors that was rarely seen in Kingslend, and she could only sigh at the thought of what her siblings think of. With minor racism amongst the land, they would not adjust that well. She was more.. Neutral to say, held that wariness, but not the extreme views.

The elken woman wasn't too religious.

102 Posts
Ooc — Florian
Away
His brows perked at the young woman's words, curious as to just how many siblings she might've been travelling with. Unless perhaps they'd already managed to find a place to settle down. He wondered too where she'd come from, trying to see if he could glean some notion of her origin from her manner of speaking, but he'd yet to get a good idea. 

I understand, It takes some time to acclimate for sure, he said with a quick glance around, a slight pang in his heart at the thought of the shores he was constantly aching for. He believed that one fay he might find his way back to the seaside, but that day farther off into his future than he could foresee; for now, he'd remain content in the haven of the willows with his nymph at his side. 

You know, he began again, tone warm and welcoming but not pushy, If you need a place to stay, or some help finding your way around I suppose, I'm from a court not far from here. We're always welcome to guests, and it's quite lovely. Swear it, he tacked on with an easy grin. Seelie could use allies wherever they could get them, and Dante felt it was somewhat his responsibility now, as a fully-fledged member of their court, to start working to make those allies himself. It couldn't hurt to try now, he thought as his eyes flicked inquisitively once more over the oaken stranger, whose name he really ought to have by now. Oh, where've my manners gone. My name is Dante. It's a pleasure...?

366 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Away
He was polite, and offered a stranger a place to settle. She grew a bit curious on this pack, if they allowed guests, she was truly wondering on how trusting they were. There was a few thoughts that came to mind, some weren't of the best nature and she kept them to herself, "Thank you, maybe there is a day I may take on this offer,"

though with a more saddened smile she continued, "we are currently at Whitebark Stream while looking for our youngest brother." She currently couldn't leave despite the offer, especially since he was still missing. However, she wouldn't admit she wouldn't want to regardless. She wondered if Kendrick would ever end up near the mountains due to the rainfall.. The elken woman would have if she was alone.

"I'm Célnes Déorwine, a pleasure."

102 Posts
Ooc — Florian
Away
Her response wasn't unexpected, but a small twinge of disappointment smarted in Dante's chest regardless. It was always nice to have a fresh face to speak to, to learn from and listen to. Still, he offered a warm smile, nodding his head in acknowledgement. I understand, of course,. His ears pricked upwards at her next remark though, recognition flashing through his face as Whitebark was mentioned. 

Whitebark! Yes, that's wonderful. Artyom seems a good leader. I'm of Seelie Court so that makes us allies, for now, I suppose, he said thoughtfully, before continuing in a more sombre tone, I'm sorry about your brother. It's hard, to literally lose someone...no closure, I suppose. I- um, the young man cleared his throat, I hope you find him. If you should need any assistance... well, you've got a friend at Seelie Court if you'd like an extra set of eyes anytime. What does he look like? I mean, is there anything specific I might keep my eyes open for, just in case he stumbles 'cross here? His inquiry was gentle, not wanting to press the woman too far on a sensitive subject. She seemed a bit reserved, and Dante knew his personality could come on a bit too bright sometimes.

366 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Away
Allies were unfamiliar to the Déorwine's, as their land was so secluded, they didn't have them, or enemies to speak of. She understood the term however, "then that makes us colleagues." She said, a perfect smile fashioned upon a devil with wicked hearts. She felt a lot had been gained during this conversation, and definitely will remember Dante. Especially so, the closest she seen to being blessed.

"All my family adjorns brown pelts, but he is lighter then I and speckled like a deer, but we nearly share the same eyes." She saw her brothers as more down-played to her pumpkin gaze, as his likened to a more pinkish tone. She found it rather amusing the two sets of litters were so far apart, with herself and Cenric containing dark chocolates, while they maintained quite light.. She dare not say unholy.

"I appreciate it, Dante."

102 Posts
Ooc — Florian
Away
The boy gave a lopsided grin at her response, nodding in a way that showcased the youthful spirit he still possessed. His face grew sober at the description of her brother, playful ease melting away to a sharp focus s he nodded, cataloguing the details and siling them away for the next time he was patrolling or scouting about. Got it, he responded with a brisk nod and an empathetic smile. 

Her thanks was not neccesary, Dante felt as though it were simply the good thing to do to offer (having not would've been if nothing else, rude), but he accepted it with a gentle smile and cock of his head as he blinked over her once again. Of course. It really has been a pleasure, friend, but I ought to be getting back before I'm completely soaked. I'm a mess enoguh as it is, 'f I'm being honest. I really do hope you find your brother, and I'll keep an eye out. Give Artyom Seelie's well-wishes if you have a chance. He spared one final smile at the woman, warm and grateful for her company, before turning on his lanky limbs and trotting back in the direction of the court, eager to get to his fair lady and rest out of the way of the downpour.

366 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Away
"I wish you well." More eyes for Kendrick was always helpful, was eventually she assumed they would move across the mountains. While the valley and taiga were acceptable, there was no high-elk. Once he was found, the true search should begun momentarily, and she even thought to do it now! Then he would have a place to come home to-

With a sweet-sickening smile to Dante, she nodded, then turned back to the stream.