Moonspear Work hard and be nice.
Ghost
1,652 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Sitter
Master Guardian
"Do I?" Bronco asked innocently, and he walked in a couple, dithering patterns before he seemed to find what he was looking for. He circled three times and then flopped down onto the floor, and proceeded to roll around, rubbing his back and shoulders against the floor, which he noticed was nice and cool. Once he was done, he stood up, puffe dhis fur out, and then shook violently, sending a dustcloud of glitter in every directin- though a lot of it stayed embedded in his pelt, giving him a faint sheen. 

"So you think-" He said, strutting back and forth in front of his sister as she began to eat, with his tail curled and chest puffed out, "I could probably get a girlfriend, lookin' like this?" He asked, grinning foolishly. There were indeed still green streaks in his pelt from the moss earlier, but for the most part, even between the layers and layers of browns, tawnies and beiges- he was dusted with a nice sheen of shimmery beige.
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,939 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
She watched in amusement as Bronco tossed himself down and writhed around on the floor. When he sat up and shook out his coat, she laughed and coughed simultaneously, waving a foreleg in front of her face. She clicked her tongue fondly at him and went to tear off another bite of her snack when his playful comment caught her off guard.

Meerkat knew he was only joking around but the concept made her eyes widen. "You want to get a girlfriend?" she asked, tone mostly curious but also a little teasing. She couldn't resist an urge to flick a piece of stringy rat meat at him. It landed right on the bridge of his muzzle. Meerkat cracked up and said, "Now you can definitely get a girlfriend."
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Ghost
1,652 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Sitter
Master Guardian
Bronco was surprised that his sister seemed caught off-guard by his comment- but then again, he hadn't exactly been wooing many ladies, lately, not since the kids were born. He had tried to flirt with Fennec right in front of Meerkat once, but that'd all gone downhill so swiftly that he doubted Meerkat would either remember, or have realized that her brother was trying to impress Meerk's older sister. "Course I am," He said, but managed to barely get the words out when he was hit between the eyes by a chunk of rat meat, still with a bit of fur on it. It stayed there, though, so he decided to simply go with the flow. 

He tilted his head forward- just enough so that the bit of rat meat balanced now on the tip of his nose, but this was just the beginning of the act. "Watch this," He said, as he steadied himself, tipping his head back just a bit as he slowly leaned onto his hind quarters, lifting first one forepaw off the ground and then the other. Uneasily, he did what he could to stay on his hind feet- albeit with his hind knees fairly bent, so he was more in a kangaroo-like pose than rearing up like a circus horse- but it was balance nonetheless. He winked at Meerkat as he took a shaky, shuffling step with one hind foot, and then the other, still balancing the morsel of food on his nose. He wobbled, though, but made the most of it- whipping his nose up to send the chunk of meat flying, which he snapped up as soon as it came down, and settled back down onto all fours. 

He swallowed the bit of rat meat pretty much without chewing it, and struck a pose. "Ta-da. See? I could get a girlfriend in no time with theeeeeese moves," He said, shimmying his shoulders to accentuate his point.
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,939 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
By the time Bronco finished his little act, Meerkat's mouth hung ajar. She was actually quite impressed and showed it by pushing into a seated position and clapping her paws together. She even pressed her lips together and tried to wolf whistle at him, though that didn't quite work, so she thumped her tail on the floor instead.

"You're a catch!" she agreed with him, dropping to her belly again and slinging a foreleg over the rat's remains. "You're handsome, sweet, talented... you're a hard worker... you're so good at taking care of others..." Meerkat said these things as if ticking them off a list in her mind. "Any girl would be lucky to have you!" she concluded.

Bending to take another bite of rodent, she wondered, "Is there any way I can help? I wanna help you find a girlfriend!"
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Ghost
1,652 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Sitter
Master Guardian
Humbly, Bronco shook his head and chuckled, his antics more for amusement than in earnest, but he was pleased that he'd at least impressed his sister by giving her a bit of a show. He padded over to the rat he'd caught earlier and flopped down onto the cool, flat floor of their new home, sending a little cloud of shimmery dust flying as he cradled the rat in his forelegs. He was about to more or less wolf the whole thing down whole when Meerkat started complimenting him. He paused just long enough for her to finish her string of super sweet sentiments before he grinned. "Whole package, right here," He said- and then grabbed the rat, tipped his head back, and with a few gnarly crunches and snaps, he devoured the whole thing in less than ten seconds. 

He gulped, making sure no bits would be stuck in his throat, but coughed lightly in surprise when Meerkat offered to help him find himself a girlfriend. It was a ridiculous idea, having his little sister, who was barely a teenager, offering to help him with his romance life- but then again, Bronco liked ridiculousness. And he liked including Meerkat in his life whenever possible. "Well; how about you be sort of...A scout, for me?" He asked. "F'you meet anyone you think I'd be good with...Put in a good word for your big bro, hey?" He asked, with a wink. This couldn't go wrong, could it? Sending out his littler sister as a girl-magnet...Though it wasn't like he actually expected her to do it.
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,939 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
He made a choking noise in response, though Meerkat supposed that had more to do with the rat he'd just inhaled and not her offer specifically. Once he could speak, he told her she could scout girls for him. Her face split into a wide grin at that word. It would almost be like another trade, in a way.

"Okay!" she chirped in reply. "And I'll make sure they're good enough for you," she added lightly before polishing off her own rat with a few more chomps. It was good to get food in her belly after the day's adventures.

On that note, having a full stomach made her drowsy. She was nearly dry now, comfortable in this stony, sparkly shelter. Meerkat shot her older brother a sleepy smile, then let her head drift to the floor. She let out a contented sigh, stirring up some specks of mica that glittered in the air, her eyelids growing heavy... drooping... shutting.
Ghost
1,652 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Sitter
Master Guardian
"Aright, then," Bronco said, with an amused smile. He wondered what kind of wolf Meerkat pictured him with, wondering if perhaps she'd be as quick to warm up to others as Primrose was, or if perhaps she might be a bit more picky. He was glad, though, that she didn't see him trying to find a girlfriend intimidating, as though someone else might encroach on their valuable family time together, because part of him knew that as his life went on, he might further depart from certain parts of his family, the same way the other yearlings had. Still- it didn't mean he'd love them any less. 

He was about to mention that he'd take a look for some soft materiels to carpet their den with, when he noticed the slump of Meerkat's shoulders, and the way her eyelids drooped. As much as she was growing up before his very eyes, she was still his little sister- and when the end of an eventful day caught up with her, it tended to catch up quickly. Silently, he waited for his sister to fall asleep, before he padded to the entrance of their new cave-den, and sat down- a silent, thoughtful, sparkling guardian.