Neverwinter Forest Champagne and red wine
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
For @Caerus, other tags are for ref! Some PP here, so LMK if it's not good for some reason. This is backdated a day I think?

He'd stopped by @Miriam's den earlier in the day but she'd apparently gone out. It was odd, but hey, she was allowed to go for a walk or what-have-you. Whatever, he'd hang out with @Asmoses and @Liliana for a bit before going back to his duties. She'd be back soon, but told the twins not to wander far -- especially not after what happened. When he checked back later in the day with a hare, she was still gone. He waited around a bit longer, playing a bit and letting them eat, but as it started to get dark, he had to do something. Mal made a decision. At the entry of the den, he scraped with his paw a few times just to make sure it was obvious his scent would be there, then herded the pair back to his own sort-of-den. 

Okay. It was the clear spot in the middle of a thicket, not anything below ground, but it was plenty roomy enough for several wolves -- and there were several wolves. Because there was himself, plus a spot for @Simmik (who also had been gone the last day or so and now he was starting to get nervous), and Caerus. The latter of the bunch had been staying with him while @Cupid was gone, and Mal had been enjoying the time with his son. But that didn't change the fact that another question had popped up: where the hell was Cupid by now? Seriously, it had sounded like it wasn't going to be too long, but how long had it been? At least a week? And now Yuelong was here, who he'd barely seen any of because he was now wondering where three important people to the pack were -- and there was a freakish attacker out there and a vicious pack. Like really guys???

Caerus, being the oldest, was allowed more freedom than the twins, but he'd be back to Mal's spot soon he suspected, and since the last time they'd interacted in Mal's presence hadn't exactly been the most amiable thing, he'd told Asmoses and Liliana to stay put and went to find his eldest son so it wasn't gonna be a surprise. It was this sort of low burning panic set beneath the surface. Okay, Caerus better be around...  Yeah, it didn't take Mal to follow his scent to find him, not as gleeful as he otherwise might have been, but still happy that at least he wasn't gone too, Hey, what are you up to? You know, little distraction before the news of questionable goodness.
208 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
These days Caerus often wandered the forest by his lonesome whenever he could. The side of him that had longed to sing songs to his siblings and entertain them was gone; Asmoses had made sure of that, and now he found better happiness in his own company. Hunting was his favorite activity and often he would fill the caches with little things, but today he inspected plant life, curiously picking at some unfamiliar weeds when Dad approached.

Shit. Even if Dad had enjoyed spending time with him, and Caerus put on an act of happiness, internally he found himself seeking the company of most of his family less and less. Cupid was gone for now, too, and Caerus wondered on his return.  

Still... the kid turned, offered Dad a little forced smile. looking at plants. He muttered with a dismissive shrug of his shoulders. what's up? Rather not dawdle in getting to the point... because there was a point, right? Dad probably had something to say, seeking him out like this.
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Mal wasn't in the mood to play too many games with the point either. Did your dad tell you when he'd be back? I'll be honest, I'm getting worried. Simmik's been gone longer than normal, and I just got back from Miriam's den -- she didn't come back today now either. Liliana and Asmoses were all alone. He'd like to find out this was all planned, that at least Cupid was going along on whatever plan it was he had. He hoped Simmik was okay. He hoped Miriam was going to be back tomorrow... But why didn't she say anything? On their own maybe each thing wouldn't be remarkable, but the combination was just too much. 

Too much. What if it was the same person who had attacked Liliana? Did Caerus know what happened to her? Probably not. But add that into the mix and he was worried about Caerus' safety too. This was definitely a time that he really hoped his son had no desire to wander. Mal just wanted to make sure his family -- and the pack, of course -- was safe.
208 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
Caerus frowned slightly as Mal began speaking, ears twitching to show he was listening. No, not really? Dad told me he was gonna go look for herbs. I don't know anything besides that. Caerus shrugged. He hadn't thought to worry about Cupid's condition, but now that Mal had placed the idea in his head, he did think about it. It had been a while. How long did it take to go pluck some herbs and come back?  

Still, he tried not to freak himself out overthinking on that. As for Simmik and Miriam, I don't know anything. He entertained the idea momentarily that Miriam had ditched and left Mal behind with the little brats, but pressed down the smirk that wanted to crawl onto his face. Of course he didn't really want anything unfortunate for Dad, he just found his little siblings utterly annoying. His cherry gaze shifted back to Dad, Are you gonna go looking?
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
He didn't like what he was hearing, if anything it made Mal think that he should have been out looking earlier. But what if he was gone now? Or when Liliana was attacked? That'd probably be worse, for a different pile of reasons.

To Mal, it was a pretty tough and serious subject. Too many ghosts lingered around in his past, people forgotten by most. I want to go look and make sure they're all okay. I know you're the big kid here, but you shouldn't have to be the one left back here making sure Liliana and Asmoses stay out of trouble. I know what it's like to have parents and siblings go missing, but I also know what it's like when it seems like nobody's looking for them either. I don't want you to have to deal with that, or them, but I also want you to be safe and if everyone's gone... He sighed. It's hard. And he'd let Caerus get a word in edgewise before he continued, unless he wanted to ask a question or something.
208 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
Selfish Caerus decided he didn't want to look after his siblings either. Liliana was okay, but Asmoses was annoying as all hell, and Cae was too biased to understand a lot of his brother's most irritating actions were imitations of his own. Dad sounded tired, though. The boy frowned and nudged him kind of awkwardly, it's okay, dad. i'm sure if they could see you they'd appreciate you looking for 'em. don't worry about it! Besides, it wasn't like everyone would be gone. Wasn't there some lady with a whole truckload of kids? She wouldn't mind babysitting a few more, probably wouldn't even notice.
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
He blinked at Caerus. He seemed to be taking it all pretty well. Why wasn't he worried about his dad? Maybe Mal just worried too much. But it felt like forever since he saw Cupid. Just now it seemed like a lot. Ugh. He wanted Simmik back at least, if both other parents were going to be gone -- it'd make things easier.

I hope Miriam will be back tomorrow. But Asmoses and Liliana will be staying with us tonight. I know that you guys haven't gotten along too well, a whole different thing that made Mal sad, but I know this has to be kind of freaky for them. I just -- I don't want to believe neither Miriam or Cupid are coming back. He lowered his head slightly, and more quietly, Can you help me keep the peace, just for a bit? If it went longer... It couldn't go longer, could it? Miriam would only be gone a few days, thankfully, but it wasn't like Mal knew that now.
208 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
the timeline of everyone's disappearances and returns are getting jumbled in my brain again LOL

Dad hoped Miriam would be back sooner rather than later- and Caerus wished the same. He had no dispute with her; she'd always been welcoming to him when he tried to visit his little siblings (unlike Aibreann). Hearing that Asmoses would be staying with them caused Cae's brows to visibly furrow in childish annoyance. Immaturity and responsibility battled in his head. Dad wanted him to be the mature big kid now to help keep things relatively normal (as normal as things could possibly be), but Caerus wasn't sure how well he'd be able to control his temper if Asmoses started trouble.

The spotted boy gulped slightly, and his ruby gaze fell to his paws. um, okay. i'll try my best, dad. A glance back to his father with a sheepish grin that could only be inherited. His expression fell again, um, dad? b-but, It was awkward, trying to bring up his feelings like this. why do you keep saying dad's gonna go missing? you're making me all nervous and everything, He sighed. Before this conversation Cae had assumed Cupid was happily on his way home, now the idea was inserted into his brain that Dad might be missing. An uncomfortable pit formed in his stomach at that thought.
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Good, hopefully this would all end up just being some brief thing and everyone would be happy. Obviously he'd have to work on trying to get them all to be friends but heck if Mal knew how. Sometime when everyone had their own den to go back to, probably.

Oops. Okay. He hadn't meant to freak out Caerus in the process. Oh -- I'm sorry. I just worry too much. He reached out to ruffle Caerus' fur with his nose. He's just not been gone this long before, and he didn't really say how long he was gonna be gone... Did word get around to Caerus about Liliana? Mal hadn't said anything directly because he didn't know how to explain it to his son. He waffled on whether to explain it, but for now, held off, taking the more vague route. There are bad people out there. Ones we know exist. It's just fresh on my mind, and it's my job to make sure you're all safe. Yeah, he knew he was repeating himself there, hence the little smirk there as he tried to put Caerus at ease.