Greatwater Lake Cause perfect didn't feel so perfect
62 Posts
Ooc — Kitty
All Welcome 
@Lunaria

Water. It was the fundamental need of all life, from the smallest moss to the largest bear. And so too was it for Macaria. 
Thirst drove her up out of the Raven sanctuary, her second home. Where the Ravens went, she belongs, after all. For as long as the wolf could remember she had dictated her every decision this way- from the direction of a fallen feather, to the throaty Klaaak Klaaak on the wind. Her Gods may have forgotten her, but her Ravens never would. 
The lake that lay before her was enormous, the size of an inland sea. And it's current state was concerning. 
The rains had bloated its sources. Piles of debris and mud stacked on the overflowing rim, threatening a flood. Water rushed, angrily, pushing with it rain and debris from the mountains- timber, dead animals, and mud. 
just as Macaria had predicted, the blessings were soon to bring destruction. 
Macaria padded through the paws-deep water, drowned grasses and wildflowers beneath her paws. She dipped her head to drink, ears pinned as the whispering repeated one word- 
Drowning. 
The whole world was drowning.
。+゚☆゚+。Fly me to the moon。+゚☆゚+。
175 Posts
Ooc — Cheeto
Is it okay if this was forward dated a couple days ahead?

The dark she-wolf's paws trudged against the gravity of the water as rain drops drenched her pelt, and oh how her ankles ached from having to do this for several minutes now. Luna must've been in the mountains for quite a while now to not notice such a rise in water levels; so much for stopping by at the lake to get a drink — there was already plentiful around. Huā & Aiolos resided Yuélóng, a pack she'd met during her arrival, and lived particularly close to the sea. A part of her worried if they were being affected by this as well. And what of Taikon? She wasn't exactly sure where the he-wolf lived, but hopefully he wasn't being affected by this too...right?

Just up ahead was someone who seemed to be just as drenched as her right now — but their priorities were more fixated on drinking water from the lake. Their fur was tickled by frost-bitten whites and their eyes, while being dark in coloration, were uniquely sharp. The she-wolf was almost ghostly in appearance and had some sort of presence to her, Lunaria couldn't figure out the reason why though."Wonderful weather we're having today, don't you think?" Luna asked the taller woman rhetorically as she quietly approached her side, lowering her crown towards the lake to take a drink as well.
[Image: da6698m-a8f89b53-b982-4210-bdbf-0270bf6457d3.gif]
62 Posts
Ooc — Kitty
The rain, thankfully, had managed to keep the wound on her back clean, and the flies off of it. 
it had also, unfortunately, rinsed away any poultices she might attempt to apply. 
She waded further into the water, finding a dead deer- it's neck twisted sharply, black tongue swollen. 
She winced as she lowered her head, the water up to her chest now, and tore at the slimy flesh. Carrion was not an unwelcome meal to her- if it was good enough for her Ravens, it was good enough for her. She didn't take a life unless she had to. 
A voice broke through the rain and pounding water, and Macaria shifted. She couldn't fight another so soon...if they wanted the carcass she would have no choice but to relent, despite it being the first decent meal in nearly a week. 
But instead, the shewolf wading towards her seemed friendly. 
"I fear it is not going to get any better. Rains like this bring destruction and change. Some good, but always some bad." 
175 Posts
Ooc — Cheeto
Lunaria, reluctant as she might be to do so, couldn't help but agree. It certainly didn't look like things were going to get better from the looks of it and that only made her worry more. "So I've seen, unfortunately. I just wonder how it would be possible to get through this. Rain i've seen plenty of times before, but flooding, well, I have yet to adjust to...." That being the case, it would also mean that the fae will have to search for somewhere safe to reside if the flooding did become worse. Going back to camp out in those mountains didn't sound too awful right now. 

Her attention trailed towards the bloated carcass that was drifted and dragged to shore by the dark-eyed damsel and couldn't help but wince at the grisly state of rigor mortis it was in — it must have fell into the waters and twisted its neck along the way. Freshly caught prey was more of her go-to when it came down to a meal, though pre-killed animals always had a strong taste and a tough texture she wasn't too fond of. 
62 Posts
Ooc — Kitty
Although Macaria was perfectly capable of hunting, she was a being of death. She had lived with, and learned to eat like, Ravens, for two months of her puphood. 
Carrion was no bother to her and she opened the bloated carcass eagerly, loops of grey intestines uncoiling. 
"No one gets used to it. If you don't have a safe place to hide, a pack, or at least a traveling companion, you may be one of the lives this storm claims." 
The thought makes her frown....she was unprotected as well. And a pretty little shewolf about her age wasn't the worst traveling companion, surely... 
"Do you have a home?" She didn't smell like a pack, but perhaps she was like Macaria, planning her own conquest.
175 Posts
Ooc — Cheeto
It was true, a harsh reality to serve to the more absent minded, but still the truth either way. A lone she-wolf traveling into uncharted land with no proper mapping of where she'd be going wasn't an ideal circumstance to be in when a deluge was just short of reeking havoc on any land that remained standing.

The speckled female would ask for Lunaria's homeland affiliation. There was once a place the fae called home (and that she secretly wished to return back to feel safe) but her feet carried her too far away for that to be a realistic outcome. "No, I don't. I left my home some time ago and ended up here. And I can't really tell you that I've found a set shelter as of yet..." Again, paying the mountains a visit once more was sound pretty damn promising right now. That is unless this lady had somthing to offer? "My name is Lunaria, a former hunteress of the Eagle Peak tribe. You?" Luna asked the she-wolf inquisitevly, tilting their head to look at them while they salvaged the mangled corpse.
62 Posts
Ooc — Kitty
A log gave way in the pulsing water, sucking the deer carcass down and Macaria nearly alongside it. With a leap, she landed, splay legged in the mud, her wound on her shoulder tearing open again. Unable to keep it dry it hasn't healed properly, the flesh greying and puckered. 
The shewolf introduces herself and declares she is, in fact, homeless. Interesting. "Lunaria. One of the three sisters. In my faith, Lunaria was the youngest sister, with fur of pure silver. She was the goddess of the moon, healing, music, and childbirth." 
She limps further up the embankment, laying down in the soggy grass. 
"I am Macaria, Goddess of Blessed Death, High Priestess of Daughters of the Raven. I am looking for shewolves with certain skills, and an interest in the arcane arts, and seeking a place of safety untouched by men. Would that interest you?" 
175 Posts
Ooc — Cheeto
'Oh, she knows of my Tribe's religion?'
The girl's moonstone eyes brightened for a while as the speckled female spoke of her own teachings of the moon goddess. Luna had not heard of the name given to her being used in other folklore; 'How fascinating' she thought. This speckled woman, who identified herself as Macaria, was offering Lunaria to follow in her pawsteps and make her vision become reality. The dark damsel felt confused & conflicted for a minute, before actually being able to form words.

"In all honesty, I know little about practices involving arcane arts. I am not really much of an arcanian...." Was arcanian even a word or was Luna simply butchering names? Best to save the embarrassment for another day and change the subject  quickly. She continued: "My pride leans towards calling myself as a hunter and provider to those I serve..."

A huntress like Lunaria was not cut out for any other feild than the one she was destined to be in — hunting was her true passion. Even if that were the case, Macaria's drive and motivation to find others that supported her cause intrigued Luna; she wanted to help too in some way, despite her lack of belief in, well, anything that cannot be seen. "While I cannot say that I invision myself working alongside you and mirroring your work, I'd like to stay by your side and help you achieve your search for as long as you will allow me...." She then straightened up and walked over towards the tall woman, a smile upon her face that mixed with something serious in the next question: "Do you trust me, Macaria?"
62 Posts
Ooc — Kitty
Ah, a huntress then. She nodded, smiling softly. 
"Witches alone cannot keep a pack going. You will be one of my Blackwings. Weather that's bird, deer, or fishcatcher, is up to you. But the packs hunters will be left in your capable paws." At that, the shewolf seemed to agree, and Macaria smiled even wider. "I do. And I hope that you trust myself as well. We'll do a proper initiation once things are more properly put together." 
175 Posts
Ooc — Cheeto
At the sound of 'initiation', Lunaria flicked an ear in confusion. What exactly did Macaria mean by 'initiation'? Surely she had heard all kinds of insane stories about witch recruitment and how things like "blood sacrifices" and "strange rituals" would take place in order for arcane art users to become one. Though Luna was always brushing crazy bullshit like that off her shoulders — no way in hell Macaria was like that. She'd just met the fae and didn't see anything wrong with her anyway...

Macaria smiled at her, and Lunaria smiled back. The night goddess didn't know what she was getting into or if she wanted to continue, but we'd never know unless we dove deeper now would we? "Whatever you have planned, I'll be intrigued to see."
62 Posts
Ooc — Kitty
And like that, she had her first follower. A blackwing. 
"I need to find herbs for this wound. I've traveled to far, neglected it. It's infected." She rose to her paws again, abandoning the fouling deer carcass. 

Gonna close this
175 Posts
Ooc — Cheeto
Alrighty

Luna stood up to her feet and quickly followed suit after her new traveling partner. She didn't know where the wind would take them, but it was a safer bet than traveling on her own. One last glance was shot towards the murky lake, bloated carcass, and mountains behind before her departure began.