Neverwinter Forest She knew that soon the day would come,
time falls like moonlight
317 Posts
Ooc —
Away
All Welcome 

Getting lost definitely was not a fruitful adventure. It was only an excersion to get some time for herself, and dutifully pray to the Goddess for her daughters well-being. However, she couldn't find her way back, which was the issue. Firstly she encountered an odd woman who tried to wisk her away to the ravens, but before Miriam got any further, Bronco, led her back.

She was enternally grateful for the man to come forth. If it wasn't for him, there was a chance she probably would've taken longer to get home. With a rather tearful gaze, they arrived at the entrance of Neverwinter. It was an odd feeling, because it never felt like 'home,' but it was where her family, and especially children were. 

"Thank you Bronco, if it wasn't for you, I don't know how long i'd be gone and away from Asmoses and Liliana."
Ghost
1,652 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Sitter
Master Guardian
While their initial meeting had begun with Miriam more or less tackling him to the ground, he came to almost entirely forget the incident following the trek that took her back to her forest, as the light slowly faded from the sky above them. They made good time, with a brisk walk, but were still able to keep up the conversation when a topic emerged for them to chatter about. He could sense her excitement begin to build as soon as they came close enough for her to begin to scent her homeland, and see the dark line of trees that would mark its borders. He felt a bit sad, knowing that their trip was over, but glad that he'd been able to help her find her way. 

He saw the sparkling of tears at the corners of her eyes, and he reached out to touch his nose to her cheek reassuringly, a gentle and friendly way of showing his respect and surpport. "I'm just happy I get to say I've given them even more time to enjoy living with their Mom," He said simply.
137 Posts
Ooc — nami
she felt comfortable being alone, and had learned to simply hide when the others became too overwhelming. liliana hadn’t returned to their den the night prior, but had instead slept inside of a bush, where she now sat beside the border.

nearby voices caught her attention. liliana peaked out from between the leaves to investigate and —

amma — with someone else that she didn’t know, but he wasn’t important. she rushed forward from the bushes toward where miriam stood with an excitement beyond words, ready to feel her warmth again.
great bear wilderness · open for threads (2/5)
317 Posts
Ooc —
Away
She smiled at the touch of reassurance. It was definitely an experience that also made her cherish her family more, as she didn't realize how much it simply hurt to be away from them. Miriam missed her own amma, but never felt this much of a heartache. Was this how she felt when she had left the orchid too? The same aching, and the tears to follow?

Then from the bush, a gray spec was seen moving along, "Liliana!" And gracefully accepted the full embrace of her beautiful daughter. She kept kissing her daughter with licks of assurance, that she was back, and here. A loving touch, mother to daughter.

"I'm home, i'm here.. I'm sorry."
Ghost
1,652 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Sitter
Master Guardian
He pulled away when he heard a rustling from the undergrowth, only to see a small child- roughly three months old or so, he'd guess- tumble forth and make a beeline for her mother. There was no denying their relation, given how the small lavender-tinted being became practically camouflaged as she pressed herself against her mother. He noted, with a glance, that one of her eyes was a light colour, and would perhaps match the lilac of her mother's eyes once she grew up. The other was the shade of a marigold in full bloom. 

He stepped back a bit to allow them the chance to be reunited, and glanced into the forest beyond, wondering who else might come and find them here. Her son would likely be along as well, he suspected, as wel as a guardian, perhaps. And while he would age enjoyed gettig to meet one of their guardians, and make sure that she was welcomed back into their midst safely, he also wanted to give Miriam and Liliana the space they needed to get caught up. "I'll, uhm," He said, feeling a bit sheepish about interrupting them. "You'll be alright now, then?" He asked, ears tipping forward.
137 Posts
Ooc — nami
miriam didn’t have to apologize. whatever hatred liliana had known before was now gone, having disappeared with their reunion. she wouldn’t hold the few days’ disappearance against her; they were together again, and that’s what mattered.

bronco’s awkward addition caused lili to flinch, a movement so discreet that hardly she even noticed. still, she walked to miriam’s side opposite of the strange man, waiting quietly to see what might happen next.
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Mal had been doing a patrol. He'd tried to make sure that the twins were under the watch of himself or Aibreann or someone so nobody got up to trouble, but the fact he couldn't just go out and look for those who were missing was fraying his nerves. He wanted to do something about it... But couldn't. Not yet anyway. Could he risk sending someone out to look or would they disappear too? Would that be a chance worth taking?

He came around a bend and spotted several figures up ahead. Wait -- was that Miriam? She was back?! Good, dammit! Ditching the rest of the patrol for now, he ran over to see, tail wagging and generally feeling that sort of happy-but-frustrated kind of way. And Liliana was already there -- who seemed to be a lot worse about staying with the group, but Mal had tried. You're ok! he said as he got closer, nosing Miriam's shoulder once he was close enough (his turn to ditch personal bubbles or something) and sort of looking her over to make sure she wasn't hurt at all. I was worried -- what happened? Should we call Asmoses or do you want to surprise him or...? He was the only one not here yet, after all -- he was probably off with his younger half-siblings unless he'd gone a-wandering too? As long as he was in the territory, things were ok.

Mal probably hadn't paid much attention to who the strange dude was -- he just kinda way more focused on being relieved that whatever gremlins out there hadn't gone and eaten Miriam. Give him a sec, he'd acknowledge the guy eventually.
317 Posts
Ooc —
Away
"Yes, thank you." Through her reunion and affection toward her daughter, she had momentarily forgotten about Bronco. When his voice perked up, she noticed the flinching of her daughter and could only look at her with a saddened smile. It was something to be expected, but she hoped not to be true. Tugging her daughter closer in, she gave him a bright smile.

Then Mal came forth, "I am back, I got unfortunately lost," she explained as he touched her shoulder, and in return the maiden touched him. They may not be family persay, but she still would count him as perhaps something akin to a friend. Especially since they are co-parenting, it was important to maintain a bond despite not being lovers, "hopefully Asmoses will show up."

"Bronco brought me back," she said, pointing her snout to the blackthorn, "this is Mal, the Alpha of Neverwinter," and then with a brief introduction for him.
Ghost
1,652 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Sitter
Master Guardian
Though he tried to make himself less imposing, he was nevertheless a stranger, and he was aware that he might seem somewhat intimidating due in part to his size and the scars on his muzzle. But there was a softness to his features and a gentleness in his eyes that he hoped might ease his impression. Perhaps the girl was simply shy- and she hid behind her mother's shoulder like a little flower, seeking shelter from the wind. 

He took a few steps back when a male showed up to greet Miriam, ignoring him almost completely. While Liliana hid behind her mother, he had caught a glimpse of the faint dappling along her shoulders, and with the hue of her eyes, he took this male to be the father of Miriam's children. He felt something almost wistful pull on his heartstrings, seeing the happy family together- and it made him feel inclined to excuse himself and leave. He would have- had Miriam not then sought to introduce him to Mal. He felt a bit awkward then, having the attention directed to him, but he managed to compose himself enough to give the alpha a respectful bow of his head. "Least I could do." He said kindly. "It's nice to meet you Mal. I'm from Moonspear though I'm relatively new there. I'll be heading back shortly too, if you have any news or messages to pass along," He offered. Might as well make himself useful and that was, of course, assuming that Neverwinter Forest and Moonspear were on good terms.
137 Posts
Ooc — nami
liliana remained hidden while the adults carried on their conversation. she learned that the stranger’s name was bronco, and that it had been him who’d brought her mother home. 

she crept slowly from hiding, her attention placed solely on him. you bringed my amma home? yana asked, her voice low and careful, thank you. it was the least (and the most) she could offer.
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
I"m just glad you're safe. We can go find him if he isn't shadowing his sister right now. Usually they seemed to be together, but every once and a while they were up for some independent trouble. Another smile and a more playful nudge, but then he finally turned his attention to Bronco. He would have answered then but that was when Liliana moved forward to speak too. He hoped that by Miriam being back that would help her -- she'd been through enough, she needed stability.

When it was Mal's turn again... He didn't seem like much of a Moonspear wolf. Normally they had a wedged firmly up their rears -- maybe two or three sticks, in fact, given the behavior Mal had observed so far. Anyway, Mal would be polite to those who actually were polite, gee. He bobbed his head, Good to meet you too. But then with the second half of what was said he shook his head, but he chose his next words carefully because, well, he didn't want to remind Liliana of it necessarily, Just tell them to be careful out there. I don't know if anybody there ever met the Saints, but if anyone goes missing you might want to check that pack first. And some unassociated trouble, equally bad. But it's all been east of here. Honestly don't know if ICly Mal knows Hua went to tell MSP about them so we'll make the decision to say he doesn't know.
317 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Miriam felt overjoyed when her daughter said thank you to the stranger. She noticed the wariness, especially toward men in particular, and was worried about it. She wouldn't want her to fear all of them, especially since if there was a day she met the Horned God's apostles, would she fear them too? The chance was so small, but it could happen. She smiled at Mal, then kissed her daughter.

"Thank you again, Bronco," the maiden said, looking back to him.
Ghost
1,652 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Sitter
Master Guardian
Bronco's eyes were drawn to the little one who finally found her voice, and came out a bit from behind the protection of her mother's shoulder, like a cygnet emerging from beneath its mother swan's wing. He lowered his head, and dipped into a slight crouch so that she might feel a bit less intimidated if he was down near her level. He didn't move toward her, fearing she might skitter back. But he was absolutely touched by her show of gratitude, and couldn't help the small squeak he made when he smiled at her. So. Freaking. Adorable. "Yes, I brought your Amma home, because I knew you needed her, an' she needs you too." He said softly. "You're welcome, Liliana," He said with a small tip of his muzzle, before he straightened up again- this time to speak to Mal.

And for a second, he forgot to change his voice from his 'sweet puppy voice' to his 'talking with an authoity figure' voice. 

"The Saints?" He said, in a soft singsong voice before he caught his error and cleared his voice. It'd only been a few weeks since he'd left his younger siblings- but he was surprised at how quickly he could slip back into his big brother voice. "Sorry," He chuffed. "To the East? I uh, certainly appreciate the news. I'll let Hydra know, an if she has anything to add, I can run a message back." He said. Hydra, surely, would appreciate being warned about potential threats by a nearby pack, would she not? "Thanks, Mal," He said, before he turned to Miriam and Liliana. 

"You take care of your Amma, OK?" He said softly to Liliana, switching effortlessly back into his gentler voice. He moved forward to gently, tentatively, touch his nose to Miriam's cheek in a friendly, parting gesture, before he pulled back. "Nar problemo, Miriam. All the best," He said, before he gave one more nod to Mal, and left.
137 Posts
Ooc — nami
skip/pp from here. :)

bronco’s softened voice was easier for liliana to hear. she even offered him a smile before skittering back into hiding, this time lingering closer to abba than miriam. 

bye, bronco, lili called as he turned to leave.
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Yeah, thank you. Probably should have said that earlier. But that was about it, he watched the man go, then looked back to Liliana, giving her a nuzzle. Then to Miriam with a smile, Shall we go find a certain little boy? Mal was just really glad that Miriam was back -- he had no idea how to explain things if she had stayed missing... Then again, his family hadn't really said much when his mother went missing. But was he older at the time? Honestly, Mal couldn't remember, childhood was a blur.
317 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Miriam accepted his touch gracefully and smiled at Liliana's own farewell to the man. It was nice for her daughter to interact with others outside of Neverwinter, as there could be a day she would venture out. How she would dread the day.. But there was also a time, where she felt, she too would leave Neverwinter.

A nod to the goodbye, "I hope he isn't getting in trouble." She sighed with a slight chuckle, moving to venture into the forest.

She was back.
Ghost
1,652 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Sitter
Master Guardian
This was lovely. Each and every one of you are lovely. Thank you for the thread! <3

With their situation settled, he turned to leave, casting a glance over his shoulder as he watched the little family go. Mal was a lucky guy- Miriam was a sweet girl, and definitely had a knack for creating and raising such polite, adorable children. Mal himself seemed like a caring, nuruting father, which made Bronco's heart clench a bit. Hopefully Liliana would get to grow up, and have her father fo her whole life. The news of trouble to the East stored away in his mind, Bronco trotted off, hoping to travel through the night and get back to the mountain by morning.