Neverwinter Forest Sometimes like a James Bond mind
All Welcome 
AW! Yao wants to tell a story if anyone's interested. Or wants to hear him sing.

Date: August 8th
Time of Day: Early afternoon
Cloud Cover: Overcast
Precipitation: RAIN
Temperature: 70°F 
Wind Speed / Direction: 8 mph / Southeasterly  
Viewing Distance: 2 mi

He crouched under a rocky overhang, staring at the drops of rain. A familiar sight. 

He knew that too much rain was bad. Every child learned that. Too much rain drowned the plants and flooded the valleys. Not enough burns the land alive. Things needed balance. But sometimes tipping the scales was required. There was not much he could do — lacking the powers to change the world.

So he accepted it.

After some time of staring at the sky, he began to sing to himself, quietly, joining the rhythms of the rain on the leaves and branches and the rumbles of the sky. A simple song for one, but singing wasn't the same alone. He missed the melodies and harmonies that others brought — his family brought, for no one here could do the same.
CommonKiswahili
Current Location  — Neverwinter Forest
Fighting/Sparring Methods
390 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Tracker
Ranger
Figured about time these two met face to face. And maybe Hao can lighten up this sad ass.

The rain. In many ways it could wash away the dirt and decay of a former mess and leave the world anew, reborn. Though rains, like many other parts of mother nature, were unpredictable,  powerful, devastating. Vallkyrie wonders what the Gods had in store for the wolves of Teekon and silently watched and waited it out. Despite her sister being here, Kyr's attention seemed to pull further and further from Neverwinter's boundaries. It was not only Haoniyao which pondered over those he no longer be with. 

Though the Huntress interest lies beyond the forest it is this day she stayed, trotting through the forestry at a quickened lope, only to be pulled into a certain direction at the dark man's song. The thin woman stops, icy pale eyes uplifted to him on his perch, content a moment to listen only.
It wasn't the first time that his thoughts flickered back home, to his clan, his tribe, his family. The song that exited his lips heightened such thoughts, making them bright and clear in his mind. Was it raining there too? Did they have to move up to higher ground? How were his siblings and cousins?

He finished his part of the song, finding no more words to sing, as the melody of the rain around him had shifted. Perhaps another would come to mind soon. He wasn't much of a singer, let alone a malenga. He looks up, seeing a dark-furred woman peering at him. It wasn't Lenny, but she was quite similar looking. Her sister! Lo! Samahani. Vallkyrie? Correct? he pronounced the name hesitantly, unsure if he had said it right.
CommonKiswahili
390 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Tracker
Ranger
Her icy pale eyes watch, her ears perked with obvious interest. When his song is finished, she woofs and quite quickly does his attention fall before her. The large brown man spoke, words she did not understand but had heard them from time to time from him. Even Lenny was picking it up, speaking to Kyr about how interested she was to learn a new tongue. A secret language only the pair would know, it seemed. 

A smirk danced on Vallkyrie's lips and her head lifts to attention further. Yes, that's right. She spoke as she took a few paces closer, shaking out her soaked coat which revealed her slender, raw-boned runner's physique. Figured about time we spoke. My sister speaks much of you. She eyes him, curious for his reaction.
He nodded. I fear I don't speak much to others, he explained. I too busy. he drowned himself in work sometimes it seemed, so busy on protecting and feeding the idea of a pack rather than the members themselves. He didn't know too many of them, only meeting them in fleeting moments. It felt wrong to do, but he wasn't sure why he did so. What does your sister say of me? he smiled cheekily, though he had no doubt that Lenny was a true friend and said nothing bad, just playfully insulting.
CommonKiswahili
390 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Tracker
Ranger
Nothing wrong with that. Or at least Kyr felt not so. She liked hard workers, like herself. It was true while Vallkyrie knew everyone within the ranks, she did not particularly know them well even if she saw them just about every day. Her skill took her often outside of the territory where she met many wolves, but had little close connections. Those she had, like Belharra or Ying, were now gone from her. 

That your a big oof. She says with a smirk to her inky lips as she settles onto the forest flood. She couldnt help to poke the bear. That you'll be a great guardian, she is sure of it. They both enjoyed patrol around the pack lands same as Kyr enjoyed scouting just outside of them. And the pair together as guardians, Kyr only assumed they saw one another alot. More time then she even spent with her sister. And that your quite the catch. She eyes the male curiously, wondering what expression he may give in learning Lenny thought him to be handsome.
He snorts, trying to hide his laughter. That was one of the few terms he had learned — he understood what she was getting at, or at least he thought so. Of course Lenny would say something like that. He wants to smile at the praise, but he was afraid of seeming too arrogant. Surely Vallkyrie wouldn't think so, since she's telling him. Ah, I am glad to hear. he finds himself smiling a bit, the corners of his lips fluttering upwards. His heart was fluttering too. Catch? he didn't understand the colloquialism and took Vallkyrie literally. I'm not that easy to catch. She exaggerates. he pouts half-heartedly.
CommonKiswahili
390 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Tracker
Ranger
Vallkyrie couldn't help the laugh of her own now, shaking her skull back and forth with the chuckle. No-No! She tried to correct, What I mean by that is, Handsome? Good looking? Sexy beast? No, maybe too far there. I think she likes you. And if he still didnt get it, thinking perhaps she meant as friends, Kyr might just fall right over.
real yao himbo hours

He furrowed his brow, confused. He thought himself fluent in the common tongue, but it was idioms and turns of phrase that still barred his understanding. Yes? I figured she had to like me, to spend so much time with me. he said, bemused. She wouldn't invite me here to join if she didn't like me. What was Vallkyrie getting at?It seemed painfully obvious that the two of them were friends.
CommonKiswahili
390 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Tracker
Ranger
Oh. Dear. Gods. 

The huntress' mouth drops, painfully obvious. She knew he had the weird accent with the deep voice. She knew he spoke a language far different from any Greek or Norse she had been known of, but his 'foreignness' seemed to even outmatch that of the coastal wolves of the Yuelong family. He definitely wasnt getting it and the Archer maiden couldnt help but fall onto her rump in a fit of giggles. 

Noooooo! She gave him another 'no', dramatically so with a shake of her skull. I dont mean like that. I mean she does but, she sighs, gathering herself up onto her feet once more. This was both funny and painful to endure. 

She thinks you a SEXY BEAST. SEXY- Like hot, but not like fire. Handsome but not just like 'oh he is a nice looking guy' more like 'Hey I think I wanna get with that.' She pauses, single brow lifted, head tilted, leaning towards him. Are you getting it yet?!
Lo! Yao's eyes went wide as he finally understood what Vallkyrie was saying. Lo... he looked away from her, flustered. What that all that was? She found him attractive? When? When they first met or later? "Sexy beast", he had never heard such a thing. He had to assume it was in a good way.

Wait. Did he think the same? Of her, that is. No one...had ever said such a thing about him before. Not in a real way. He had gotten the playful teasing from his bibi and shangazi, same as all of his male cousins and brothers, but nothing more, nothing from the girls back home, the ones that he presumed his whole life that he would be married to at some point. Ndyio... I am...getting it.
CommonKiswahili
390 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Tracker
Ranger
Finally. Recognition. Kyr couldnt help up lift one of her front paws, pressing the back of her foot to her forehead which shook back and forth with a snicker. He was definally a bit goofy, but alot of that she could think was due to the cultural gap. She wondered then how this man might do for her sister, should their relationship progress. She knew her sister to feel so much but to worried what might happen if she admitted those wild emotions-which is why Kyr had said something herself-but what would happen if her sister got hurt? What if Hao did not feel the same? The Archer would hope that the man before her would tell Lenny straight forward to not string her along...and if he didnt? Well, Vallkyrie would hurt him, of course. 

Finally... The huntress remarked with a rolling of icy eeyes as she settled her paw back to the ground. I'm sure she'll tear into me for telling you but... Vallkyrie shrugged, a smirk moving over inky lips. Look, I dont want my sister getting hurt, ya hear? So take this information as you will. If you dont feel the same, dont say a damn thing about it. If you do well, best you say something first cause I'm not sure she will. If was a fear of the unknown, a fear which Kyr had, too.
He nodded, understanding the sibling defensiveness Kyr was feeling. He was the same with his younger siblings and cousins. I wouldn't want to hurt her, he said. Regardless of the nature of his feelings, that held true. He liked Lenny, as a friend and as a packmate if nothing else. Whatever he decided to do, he would have to do it in the best way possible. Whatever...that was. He'd never been in this situation before, never even prepared for it. This is just, he let out a sigh. Didn't expect that. he chuckled awkwardly.
CommonKiswahili
390 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Tracker
Ranger
Good. She said only at first, eying the male curiously as he yet still pondered over the information she had given him. You know, in my experience in these lands... She spoke, thinking back to her growing up in Torbine, where wolves there seemed a bit more honest, trustworthy, loyal. A lot of wolves come and go- men come and go. There isn’t a lot of respect in it, no commitment. Its not just your pack mates leaving, but wolves hooking up and leaving single mothers, broken hearts, unexpected pups, abandoned pups to broken packs. There was a real lack of responsibility, of care of the after affect of ones actions. All her old fashion, traditional if you will, but she just wasn’t an idiot, when it came down to it. So if you don’t want it, don’t force it. Do right by her. She listed then, offering a small shrug on thin shoulder blades. She'd wait a minute, hear him out, though otherwise would take her leave and let the man settle to his thoughts.