Moonspear And the chickens how they rattle chicken chains
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,102 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
her mouth curved with a smile she could not this time simply hide away; kukutux was warmed to hear bronco's opinion of her. they had only just met, and already it seemed she had made an impression upon his surface. the motherly part of her, however, saw that the medicines were beginning to tug at him with its soporific effects.

kukutux did not believe she had tricked bronco, for she had not lied about the properties of the tea. he simply had not asked, and would now sleep. this was her mother's way: men refused to be still when they must mend, and so a wife learned to sing him down from those heights so that his body might recover. there was no compromising to be had when it came to the mending of bruises an an aching body. a hunter who went out before healed might risk offending the spirits of the beasts he wished to fell.

"for now, sleep," the duck instructed, straightening. "meerkat showed me to where your den is. i will go with you there now." she watched him closely, expecting him to heed her as he had thus far. "when you wake, you will feel stronger." she waited for the boy to draw toward her side, beginning a slower gait in the direction of the mica-studded den he shared with his sister.
[Image: pSj9vo4.png]
Ghost
1,652 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Sitter
Master Guardian
He hadn't realized that his gaze had fallen back to the quietly murmuring stream at his side, but looked up and refocused his gaze on Kukutux when she mentioned that he should sleep. As if on cue, he nodded, hiw mouth opening and widening to an almost impossible gape as he yawned. "S'cuse me," He remarked, shaking his head slightly to wake himself up. He needed little guidance, and as Kukutux stood so did he, and began to move alongside her, taking her lead, as she informed him that she would walk him home. "You seen it, huh? Sparkly, eh?" He said, with a small chuckle. "It's the mica. If it hadn't been rainin' so much, I'd be sparklier'n your pretty eyes," He said, of the bit of mica dust that would have otherwise accumulated in his pelt. He grinned, realizing that he was flaunting his charming skills, and shrugged. "Nah. I could never be that sparkly. But sparklier'n the stars at least." He chuckled.
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,102 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
kukutux burned beneath her sedately groomed pelt. bronco was far too old to make such overtures, and toward the wife of a leader no less. it was for his improper ways she felt a figment of shame, but there was also a great amusement. to be so unknowing of these taboos. to speak so directly. and something else besides, to be the measure of what he meant, with her 'pretty eyes' inferred to be brighter than starlight.

once this young siksuruk put focus upon showing himself before the eyes of women who shared his age, one would swiftly choose him. of this kukutux was now certain. there was no mother's choice necessary here. that was for the reticent new hunter or for the care needed to choose the right wolf for an alliance between two clans. and she was not sure bronco had come to moonspear for such. his then, an easier life, for he needed only to speak as he had spoken to her.

"i thank you for that," the duck chose to say, ears sweeping forward as she cast bronco a bemused, contemplative look that lingered a moment longer than all her others had rested; jadestone filled now with something he must discern for himself. they drew close to his hearthstone; she scented the rainwet air. "may i come to check upon you, in the day to come?"
Ghost
1,652 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Sitter
Master Guardian
It didn't occur to Bronco that he might have been overstepping boundaries; in his experience, flattery was always a good way to endear himself to others, regardles of their age or relationship with him. And so, when she thanked him, he didn't pick up on any trace of discomfort and continued to beliefe that he was charming, and that his comments toward a married woman weren't inappropriate. Her gaze fell upon him, and when it lingered, he caught himself glancing in her direction. What he thought he saw was gentle, warm, and friendly, so he gave her a smile in return. Too obtuse and inexperienced to realize anything otherwise, he felt he'd found an amicable connection with the beautiful, fascinating medicine woman. 

"I'd appreciate that," He said, with a gentle bow of his head. "You can come by any time," He said, as they began to enter the ravine. "Just don't go in that cave," He said, gesturing to the first one they passed. "That's bat country," He said, and drew to a halt in front of the den he shared with Meerkat; a welcoming but dark cave entrance, reaching into the walls of the ravine that were soft, covered with verdant mosses. He yawned again, and gave Kukutux an appreciative, albeit tired smile. "Thanks again, Kukutux. I owe you," He said softly.
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,102 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
<3

kukutux wished to mount a demurring sound to his insistence of debt. she was happy to give what she had granted; he was a man of moonspear now, and a hunter. one day he might even add his blood to the lines that crossed the mountain. it was fulfillment enough for the duck to serve. but she did not think bronco would accept such an idea, and so she remarked nothing.

a smile curved her mouth; the woman dipped her head and backed some feet. he lay curled in half-slumber, and her jadestone eyes lingered on the young bear's strong lines only a moment before she turned her face away. "sleep well, bronco." with a glance to the domeway he had indicated, making note of it, the healer slipped away and was swallowed by the swaying green trees.
Ghost
1,652 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Sitter
Master Guardian
The last expression to pass over his face would be a contented, relaxed and appreciative smile as he caught the fading gleam of jade green in Kukutux's eyes as his own slipped shut. Sleep claimed him within moments, and he failed to hear the soft pitter patter of her feet upon the stony ground as he felt- but he would sleep, free of the grip of pain and acheing, due to the gentle medic's aid.