Whitefish River Splish, splash, I was taking a bath
14 Posts
Ooc — Impala
more had become much more active and he had been recently introduced to water. He had been down to the shallow areas of some of the ponds to patter around. He had even been amazed when the ponds seemed to slowly fall out of the sky. It was only interesting because often times it wouldn't take long before the water went away. Where exactly was it going? 

Today was going to be no exception to his endeavoring curiosity and so as the strange sound of rain began and the droplets smacked the ground with almost silent pops he emerged from the den with immediate excitement. His tail swung back and forth in complete excitement and his eyes moved to look upwards.

Ouch! 

The droplets fell into his eyes and he looked back down with rapidly blinking green eyes. That was actually the worst. Why...did it hurt? As the pain became subdued Mohe would rush forward and snap at the droplets with exited fervor. Yipping and barking as he snapped the water between his teeth. Today was a day to rejoice! He would beat back the rain.
Interested in threading with me?
check out my OOC account for more information

IMPALA
I just keep elevating, no losses, just upgrading
159 Posts
Ooc — Iris
After they had been introduced to the outside world, Spica sometimes would come and watch them. She and @Syrma had been closer than ever before (if such a thing was possible) since the birth of their half-siblings, and Spica found herself in conflict. She still felt betrayed by her mother and she hated that she and Emrik just wouldn't admit that it was their fault, that they had caused this rift, and not Syrma and Spica. But on the other hand something drew her to the little ones, a curiosity to see them grow and maybe in part the same sort of affinity she had for her mother; a feeling of family. She didn't particularly like that she felt that way at all; it would all have been so much easier if she could just hate them and if she and her twin could just leave this place and put it all behind her. But her love for her mother kept her here -- besides, sooner or later Emrik might leave her and Spica didn't want her mother to be alone again after that -- and even though they were little thieving twerps Spica also entertained thoughts of being in her half-siblings' lives.

If not, after all, she would've already left a long time ago.

Spica watched as her half-brother looked up into the rain and then down again. What a little idiot. She rolled her eyes as he then started to bite at the rain drops. That'll show 'em, Spica said as she stepped towards Mohe through the rain, a refined sarcasm that one so young wouldn't grasp dripping from her words.
14 Posts
Ooc — Impala
As the water fell and he snapped away it wouldn't be much longer at all before his space was intruded upon by another. The voice was familiar, though, the face was admittedly vacant. Every once in awhile the twins popped by to see him (well, not really, but he knew no difference) his tail swished side to side as Spica praised him and he waltzed up to her with a toothy grin. 

His vocabulary was much more refined these days (though still limited) and Mohe was, admittedly, the most outgoing out of himself and his sister. Additionally he always had something to say or some energetic means of acting out. The child was quite rambunctious, "Gotta protect," He offered her a firm nod and his eyes remained stern for just a moment before he bum rushed his older sister, "Where ya been?" The excitement beamed from him as he lowered into a playful bow before her. She had some explaining to do! He did wonder why the girls didn't live with the four in the den. Mohe planned on living with mother forever: So what was the deal?

IMPALA
159 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Spica snorted loudly as he said 'gotta protect' and rolled her eyes, though she wasn't entirely un-pleased that he just wagged his tail at her rather than pick the sarcasm from her words. Maybe it was for the better. Oh, really? What're you gonna do? she said with a mocking chuckle as she came a little closer and snapped her teeth in the air. She curled her tail over her back and raised her head, making herself look big and dominant as she tried to intimidate him.

In response to where she'd been, Spica contemplated just saying 'around' and letting that be that, but then she decided that she would fill his brain with nonsense instead and said: Me an' Swym were out on a spy mission to catch some bad wolves who were endangering the whole pack. Pretty exciting stuff. Meanwhile, she kept her dominant posture, hoping to intimidate him a lil'. Yeah, he was her little brother and she'd defend him from outside shit, but he should know that they weren't friends or anything.
14 Posts
Ooc — Impala
She didn't seem to enthusiastic about exactly what he was trying to do, but he didn't have the attention span to really mind, care, or think too hard on it. While he began to feel overwhelmed at the amount of droplets that hit the ground a thought occurred to him. This was going to take forever! Her voice overtook his thoughts and he turned to look at her almost stunned. Wasn't it obvious? "Eat 'em. Duh," He stared at her with intensity that was impressive for his age. Maybe he was going about this the wrong way. After all, he was growing. Becoming a man! 

He watched her posture change and when she bit into the air it was all very clear. She was going to show him exactly what to do. She was going to make sure he had proper guidance. As she took a new stance Mohe was as quick as he could be to mimick her very motion. His little tail over his back and he puffed his chest out. He stared right back at her. The social cues to understand this display of dominance wasn't quite there. 

She went on to explain exactly what was happening. He understood the majority of it and then his eyes softened and he stared at her like she held the sun, moon, and stars, "But what if ya got hurt?" There was a kiddish worry in his voice and he waited, almost tearfully, to understand why his sister would allow herself this trouble.

IMPALA
159 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Gosh, this little dude's enthusiasm and confidence both seemed completely through the roof. Spica rolled her eyes as he copied her pose and tried to look intimidating (a laughable attempt). Maybe if she was not so sourpussed about being replaced she might have encouraged him instead and tried teaching him some moves.

It was hard not to laugh when the kiddo looked at her with worry and admiration shining in his eyes. She managed, while she tried to push away feeling.. admired? proud? protective? by and about this little dude. We never get hurt. We're way too good for that. Nobody can touch us, we won't let them, Spica said proudly, her head held confident and high.
14 Posts
Ooc — Impala
Spica was his big sister. that automatically meant that they had a familial bond! That meant that they loved one another and would do anything for the other. Of course--a thought occured to him. Malila. Spica. Syrma. Mohe was the only boy! He had no brothers. He was exactly what they needed! 

He marched up to Spica upon her most recent proclomation and sat down before her. He looked up at her from where he now be idle and in the misting rain spoke, "You gotta teach me. I want to keep you safe," His tail beat the earth behind him and he attempted to lay his head into her leg. He hadn't quite grasped the concept that he was a small little boy in a world full of big bad wolves.

IMPALA
159 Posts
Ooc — Iris
God, he'd almost be cute if he wasn't such a mom-stealing little weenie, the way he marched up to her and pretended to be all tough and strong. Spica laughed in his face when he said that he wanted to be taught. As if he could keep her safe -- what a thought! She turned up her nose to the thought and then said: Well, your ambitions to protect are admirable, but you could never be as strong as us.

She looked back down at him as she continued to explain: You see, you're a boy -- that means you're less strong and smart than girls. That's not your fault or anything. It's just the way it is. Maybe you'll be able to get somewhat close if you work really superduper hard. But you'll never be as good as me and Swym. It was time that he learn the hard truth about that. Of course, Spica knew it wasn't actually true, but she liked messing with him and she didn't want him to get cocky and holier-than-thou like Acheron had. If Acheron was any measure, her siblings could use some more humility for sure.