lift me higher, let me look at the sun
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Private 
@Hieronymous sorry if sloppy I'm sleepy but wanted to get this up LOL

Weeks passed since the painted knight's return and Ira was ever thankful that the man was even still alive. Speedy had been doing her best, but there was only so much the healer could do to help before the rest was left to fate. Funny how their roles had switched since she first met Hieronymous. The Count wasn't sure what to make of their sudden visitor while she was confined to the plains with a swollen leg. Any help, no matter who offered, was instantly welcomed back then, though her hopes hadn't been high. Hieronymous among others had raised beyond her expectations.

Early interactions and concern for the male flooded her head with each week's passing, though Ira wouldn't be able to explain why if someone was capable of reading her thoughts and decided to press her on the matter. How the healing Constable had once been a thorn in her side, yet given the chance to be through with him he suddenly seemed charming. It was like the longing of familiarity, or that's what she would call it at least as she chose to ignore the slight warmth that had spread through her while paws carried her to the knight's resting place.

Ira had been sure to keep frequent visits with Hieronymous given his current state. She knew he wouldn't like the silence and given just how bad his legs were under no circumstances should he be walking unless absolutely necessary, even if he doesn't feel pain. Pausing beside the den, she offered a quiet chuff before peering inside.
#DAA520 , pawprintIra's Playlist  3/20*, * = incomplete threads
Take these sunken eyes and learn to see
369 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Guardian
Away
Regardless of what was expected of him during his healing process - Hieronymous still wandered from time to time. Short little trips to see the new faces, and greet old friends who stuck around. Orlaith was one of them that he met, but once a meet and greet were done, his day was done. The knight would return to his den to rest up as the doctor ordered. Curious be what curious is and Hiero just simply couldn't help himself from seeing who lingered after the few weeks of his disappearance and who was new. 

Ira did visit often enough, the visits were nice and a welcomed surprise. How often did she wander by to an empty healing bed and catch him not "resting" as he should, the thought made him grin and the chuff at the entrance of the den today made him instantly believe he'd be chastised for it. Turning to greet the roan woman as she came by, he offered a waving tail in greeting. Come on in. His "door" was always open after all to the friendly faces of KO. 

Ira especially of course.
New Threads: closed, he's dead, let him rest
Companion: Hiero can be seen with a grizzly bear as a companion in most of his threads! His name is Dakota
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
The greeting was given no sooner than her eyes adjusted to the lighting. Much to her relief, the knight was actually here this time. Finally listening to Speedy again or did she trap you in here? The quip was given with a raise of the Count's brow as she slowly made her way into the resting space before taking a seat. Ira gave her own quick inspection of the male, though Hieronymous' condition hadn't really improved at the very least it hadn't worsened.
369 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Guardian
Away
Aw come on Count Ira. There it was, he'd be almost disappointed if she hadn't scolded him so quickly as she did. Do you blame me for being excited to be back? It's hard to sit still. Even now he was almost rolling all over the place, dust covering his pelt as he laid on his back, front legs tucked to his chest with lips humorously flopping up to his snout with gravity as he gazed at her upsidedown innocently. Tail lazily swaying between his knees of course. 

Did she send you to be my warden? The Constable teased, tail swaying just hard enough for his rear to rub against the ground with every sway. Of course, he didn't think that was the case, it was all good fun to see what kind of reaction he would get out of Ira this time. Hopefully a smile or something. They were so rare, like a rainbow after a rainy day - and man, did he need a rainbow lately. But he did wonder what brought the Count here today on a visit.
Companion: Hiero can be seen with a grizzly bear as a companion in most of his threads! His name is Dakota
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
The Count merely huffed as she rolled her eyes intent on letting them linger elsewhere than the puddle of goof on the ground before her. Still...it was hard to fight the smile that quickly broke through as a nonchalant smirk. Ira was quick to fix the issue by turning her face further away to hide her amusement With all that wandering I thought you'd be rather eager to sit still for a while. Of course she couldn't really blame him, she too liked to remain active, and being denbound was perhaps the worst thing she could think of in life. It was the only case where she couldn't actively try to improve the situation except for lay around.

I think you and I both know she doesn't need to send me to chew you out. Following her gaze dropping back to the male she'd finally allow the knight a proper glimpse of her teasing smirk. Speedy could be soft, but both were aware of how stubborn the healer could be when it came to her job. It was one of the many reasons she wanted her friend on the Council. No, luckily for you I'm here of my own volition. Consider it a wellness check.
369 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Guardian
Away
Ah and there it was. Just a glimpse, but the rainbow peered through for a brief moment and he caught it before it faded away into the abyss she created. Precious seconds he would never forget.

There's so much to do, too much to see. In fact if it weren't for Speedy's demands and his injuries, he'd probably be bouncing from one end of the river to the next, only stopping for a couple of fishing tries and continuing again from morning to dusk. So with that in mind, he thought his little wanderings were the better choice - except for sitting around of course. A happy medium perhaps. It's relaxing enough to feel safe again. He had to admit. Wandering within the pack's borders despite the medic's desire for him to rest was way more relaxing and keeping one's guard up out there.

Aahhh hahaha yeah, yeah I know that well enough. Speedy was always right, that was something he learned very quickly. It was hard to argue with someone who had so much sense to them. 

Craning his neck to take a better look at Ira, he rested his cheek against the ground with his back all contorted while his legs still remained skyward. - and what do you think? I feel well, but I think that doesn't mean much these days huh? She had often enough by now pointed out his disability, so maybe Ira would feel better about his condition if she had an opinion of her own. How are you, and the kids? He nearly blurted out.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
The river hasn't changed that much. Once more the Count rolled her eyes not really believing the other's words. Still, she'd give a relaxed huff as she let her breath escape her. She too could relate to finally being home, though it had been a long time. Back when she broke her leg in the cave-in it had been about a week before someone found her. At that point, she thought she was bound to perish and accepted her fate. I bet it was scary.

The words slipped out in a monotone fashion before Ira really had time to process it. Her mind had jumped ahead of reality and the quiet admission caused her cheeks to warm lightly, though she wasn't sure why she was embarrassed by it. Not knowing that is— with your injuries you probably wouldn't have lasted much longer on your own...

Luckily for her, the conversation easily shifted to distract her, You always feel well. The Count shook her head with a light chuckle as she shifted to get a closer look, Well, your limbs are still swollen, but the cuts have gone down. They're probably not infected thanks to Speedy. More would have followed if not for the sudden topic change and while Ira blinked in surprise she didn't mind the shift at all, We've been surviving. The flooding was a bit troubling and I'm sure they didn't appreciate the shorter leash, but there's only one of me and two of them. Ira chuckled shaking her head as she moved to lad down, They became obsessed with rolling around in the mud and insisting that they were monsters.
369 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Guardian
Away
You're right. But it wasn't the river that he was really focused on during little day trips away from his hospital den. New faces are around, however, some that are aging too. The puppies, his mind kept rolling back to them. Those that belonged to Ira most of all, while those that came from Speedy and Moonshadow lingered in the back of his mind too. How they must have grown too.

I thought that was it, that my luck ran out. I don't remember sleeping. A mindless response. Scary was normal, literally, anything could happen on any day that would spell his end - but that, it was worse than just being a wanderer. He has injured ontop of being on his own. Someone was looking out for him up there, he was certain of it. Perhaps his mom was still around somewhere, keeping an eye on her "special" son as she always had. A vigilant eye always making sure he'd live to see one more day. 

Snapping out of his thoughts, he turned his attention back to Ira. So long as there is breath in my lungs, I assure you I am well. Every day was a step closer to healing, after all, its what kept him going most days and maybe it could help ease Ira's mind too.

Nodding along to her explaining what had been going on since his disappearance, it all sounded well and good - it was the mention of two pups that caught him off guard. Enough so to force him to roll over onto his belly and give her a confused, worried look. Forcing a smile at the mention of the pups enjoying the mud, she didn't seem concerned and with all that had happened before his disappearance and what must have happened after... how could she have just forgotten two of her puppies? It didn't seem like her at all. 

Taking a breath to relax, he would have to investigate all this on a later note. Not wanting to dredge up something painful for Ira to think about, but it was something he could not let slide either. The smile came more naturally now, Sounds like you had your paws full. Did the little monsters scare you at all? This time he offered a wayward glance, eyes finding their twinkle again as he teased the mother.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Some that are aging too,

For some reason, the Count's mind skipped the obvious youth and went straight to the older members who had been around the longest. Howl, Connor, herself, she scoffed at that, Really, I look that bad now? Ira had only acknowledged her aging briefly over the past year, but perhaps it was time to realize she was getting old. Heavens knew her father was and he was fairly young when she was birthed. An unfortunate fact, but one that still rang true.

I'd think the lack of sleep would add to the reasons to take some time laying and recovering. She jabbed once more at the knight's restlessness with a half-smile, but of course, he brushed it off ensuring once more he was fine. He was a fool in her mind, but the banter was welcoming in comparison to the void she had felt before. Something seemed a bit off though... for just a moment the old Constable's face twisted into a look of confusion and...worry?

Ira hadn't felt like she said anything concerning, but a smile was quickly pressed out leaving her with more questions than answers. Regardless, she'd try to keep her focus on the topic at hand. She chuckled thinking back to her girls covered in mud, They were terrifying. Don't get me started on cleaning them either, they said "monsters don't take baths"
369 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Guardian
Away
Never. He said casually to her self-deprecating comment. Even after the past year, after all, that had happened, Hiero just simply could not shake his feelings for the Count. How at every angle, even with age approaching them both with each creeping day; oh how he longed to tell her just how breathtaking she was as ever. 

Pushing back his feelings of concern, not wanting to worry Ira further than she must already be, he continued to smile and let his tail wiggle on in the recesses of the den. Though he did not roll over again, he let his muscles relax once more in a conscious decision. Well I'm simply too excited to be back to relax! He was like a kid during a sleepover at their best friend's house, he'd eventually just crash and sleep, then bounce back as soon as he awoke for the new adventure the day would bring. 

I bet, monsters are so fearsome. A half-baked frown twisted his face in a bemused grimace, letting a shiver shake him unnaturally in an act of fear. You must be very brave, as a Count should be. He chose his words carefully after a moment of pondering, quickly coming up with something that didn't mention being a single mom. There were eggshells to walk around, but he would happily do it.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
She hummed at the knight's response allowing her own bias to rest, at least for now. Ira didn't exactly feel old yet, but it was just a reality she would have to come to terms with eventually. A concern for later at least, the Count would allow herself to stay in the moment instead of fretting over something she had no control of.

Ira couldn't help but snort as Hieronymous wiggled on the ground before her, You're like a child. And boy would she know now with two of her own. So lively and full of excuses, Ira couldn't help but wonder if he crashed the same way once his energy was spent. There are things far more terrifying than mud monsters. A pause drew on as she pursed her lips, golden eyes drifting to the den wall debating if she would humor playing along.

Eventually, a roll of her eyes would follow Though if I did not dispose of them then the pack might fear leaving the safety of home. Dangers come with rewards. That being said, some are not worth the cost. Like your wandering. You should rest, I just wanted to stop by.