Noctisardor Bypass There I walked with you in my arms
32 Posts
Ooc — peach
Joining 

He had passed by the other packs to come back to this place that the boy had told him about. Dægmar found the borders before sending out a howl for any leadership, deciding it would be good to settle- whether temporarily or not. He could not be sure whether he would get along with these wolves, but could only hope. In the meantime as he waited, he would lay down and part his jaws to pant, tired from some time of travel.
common druidic
0/5 2/5
454 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
A howl echoed across the bypass, and after a brief check to make sure the kids were being watched, Kaertok made his way to the maker of the call. He took his time since the call did not seem terribly urgent. Things had been good with Legion, and although the weather had been wet as of late, it didn’t seem to make a huge difference in the Tartok’s life.

He arrived to find a panting black wolf at his proverbial doorstep, and Kaertok chuffed softly in greeting. What is your business here? he asked.
32 Posts
Ooc — peach
The leader took his time, but eventually a broad pale man arrived, and so Dægmar respectfully stood up and quieted his heavy breaths. Greetings, He began, I met a lad called 'Spook', 'e convinced me to visit zis place... Legion, aye? He flashed a polite smile. Of course, Spook hadn't really convinced him to join. It was more like a lot of thought on Dæg's end, and Spook happened to provide one possible option. But it wouldn't hurt to give the lad some credit, especially in front of his older packmate. I vork best in a pack, so I vondered if ye 'ad room.
common druidic
0/5 2/5
454 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
He speech was odd, and Kaertok gave him a bit of a side-eye for that. Spook, he knew, if only peripherally. They'd shared a chat, and he was Arbiter's older son. Perhaps this was the "behind the scenes" sort of thing that he'd been trying to convey to Kaertok when they'd spoken. Interesting, indeed.

We do. For the right wolf. What can you add to our ranks? the Tartok asked. This was not a free ride, and if this stranger did not have something that they didn't already have, was he even worth taking a risk on?
32 Posts
Ooc — peach
This guy didn't seem the friendly sort, but that was no matter for concern. Dægmar was used to this sort or rigidness- saw it as a positive quality among men and women alike, even, though he had a soft part in his heart, that fatherly draw that wished to protect the naive. I am an experienced varrior, He began, knowing however that such a skill was not as special as it sounded, and continued- And a counselor, of sorts. In his early years Dægmar had enjoyed putting on a show of being the strong, silent type. As time passed he discovered the part of himself that enjoyed long talks with meaning, and now he wished to use them as a means to benefit others. Finally, he thought back to his meeting with Spook- in which he had been warned of Ursus. It felt only right to return that honorable favor, and though Dawn had not been a member in this place, it was close enough that they ought to know too. I also 'ave information, on a nearby danger. I do not mean to spread fear, but Spook varned me of zis Ursus in ze south, and I only vish to return zat kind favor, about a violent fellow I came across. He was quiet then, waiting to see if Kaertok would allow him to continue.
common druidic
0/5 2/5
454 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
"Experienced warrior" was a loaded phrase. Even Kaertok knew that, and he had the training to prove that he was one of them. Words were just words, and only time would tell if this guy could actually walk the walk. The counselor part was less appealing to Kaertok, if only because he was more used to using force than words to negotiate with others.

But it was the last bit of information that really piqued the beta's interest. Do tell, Kaertok replied, urging the black wolf to spill whatever information he had on this "violent fellow." That would likely be his ticket to Legion, should he wish to redeem it.
32 Posts
Ooc — peach
Do tell, Kaertok invited, and so Dægmar would. In a place where he would prefer to use fewer words, he would've, but this was not the time to slice up the details, he thought. Upon my travels in zis area, I came across a lad and young bird. Zey each introduced zemselves- Dawn, of Vhitebark Stream, and Donovan Azura, of ze Abbey. Ze bird vas looking for a lad called 'Surya', and once she described 'im, zis Donovan began to mock 'er and ze lad. I donnae know zeir 'ole business, but ze man attacked 'er first vithout a reason clear to myself. It is just my nature, but I felt inclined to protect ze bird, who only vished to find zat missing fellow. A shrug of obsidian shoulders. I tried to defend 'er, but ze man vas large, about my size- and I could nae remain. I 'ave revisited 'er home and found 'er scent there again, and I donnae know if zis vill 'appen again, but I thought it vas best you know. Ze man is big and dark, vith brindle all along 'is coat.
common druidic
0/5 2/5
454 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
The black wolf began his recounting of the tale, and Kaertok soaked up the information. Dawn and Whitebark Stream were names he knew. He had met her briefly when her pack had first made their claim. She seemed level-headed, which made it all the more curious that somebody would pick a fight with her. Then again, stranger things had happened. Whoever this Donovan was, he was bad news. That was good to know, at least, and the physical description was enough to pick him out in a crowd.

After a lengthy pause, Kaertok asked What is your name?
32 Posts
Ooc — peach
The man seemed to quietly take note of the things Dægmar said, but offered no opinion. That was okay- he wasn't looking for anyone to tell him what to do with the information; he only thought it important to share for the safety of who he hoped might be his new packmates. His name was requested- Dægmar Maoilrian. He delivered simply, lowering his muzzle slightly.
common druidic
0/5 2/5
454 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
The black wolf gave his name, Daegmar, and Kaertok gave his own shortly after. I am Kaertok Tartok. My children's mother and I claim this bypass along with a few others. You are welcome to join us if that is still your desire. Already, Daegmar had proven himself a useful asset by bringing them information. If he was on their side, perhaps his information gathering could be a bit more targeted to what was going on around them. Kaertok had not been able to get out as much as he once had, although with the children growing up, that wouldn't be as much of a problem anymore.

Still, it wasn't a bad idea to duplicate some of the most important duties.
32 Posts
Ooc — peach
The leader introduced himself as Kaertok, which Dægmar acknowledged with a short nod. A small smile at the offer that stood, I certainly still am. Zank ye, Kaertok. He didn't mind sharing information wherever he felt it was relevant- and had no qualms paying that price for membership at this place. If there were no more words to be spoken, Dæg would follow Kaertok into the territory wherever he might want to show- or explore without him, if left to his own devices.
common druidic
0/5 2/5
454 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Feel free to archive here!

Steer clear of the children for a little while. Until you gain our trust, Kaertok said, then motioned for Daegmar to follow. He could explore the territory on his own, and Kaertok would then likely find the children and teach them some lesson or another that would encourage their growth and strength. In time, they too would meet the newest member of the pack, but for now, Kaertok wanted to keep them sheltered from possible threats, even if Daegmar seemed trustworthy at first glance.