Greatwater Lake Fishing for Fish
256 Posts
Ooc — summer
After leaving Blackfoot Forest Autumn had traveled over a bit of mountain. After only a short bit more walking she'd come across a huge lake. It was the second biggest water source she had seen since the Ocean. She was not going to stand around and watch good fish swim past. She dipped her paws into the water, slowly wading in. She waited till a stupid fish swam past and snapped it up in her jaws. It flapped around but fell still rather quickly. It was a small one, but it was a fine catch, at least Autumn thought so. She placed her pre-dinner on the shore and waited for something else to swim past.
I will exit threads immediately if your character does not understand Autumn's dialogue as it causes inconsistencies in my roleplay experience.
Ghost
in time you'll taste all the salt in my lungs
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
She skulked under the bosk, standing beneath a cascade of dappled shadows with her eyes glinting in the late sun. She resigned herself to a brief moment of respite: her paws were weary from the travel and for a moment she steered alarmingly close to falling asleep.

Her attention was roused as she heard a splatter and her vicious yellow eyes flashed open in alarm: she instantly strode forwards and beheld the sight of a fox with a meaty fish held tight between her lithe jaws. A bold and unkind smile spread across her lips; with a ravenous stare she approached.
256 Posts
Ooc — summer
She noticed the wolf after a moment. Her coloring was intresting. "Hiya! I'm Autumn." She said. She left the fish at the edge of the water and walked a bit forward to greet the wolf. She had not met a wolf with strange fur colors except for Fang of the Sun Spire Wolves. What she didn't know is that they were both coy-wolves. She waited for the grey and black wolf's response.
I will exit threads immediately if your character does not understand Autumn's dialogue as it causes inconsistencies in my roleplay experience.
Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
Caiaphas practically slouched as she hunkered down towards the fox, her beady eyes lifting from the fish as the fox spoke. Her ears flickered as if dismissing the friendly greeting -- and a great, ropy gob of saliva swung from her half parted jaws.

She proffered a thinly veiled smile that was meant to be disarming but at best it may have seemed transient in its meaning. "Hi," She echoed sweetly, striding forward as if to greet her. Instead at the last moment, the gaunt terror lunged towards the fish -- hoping to lift it from the bank and carry it off somewhere to devour.
256 Posts
Ooc — summer
finally, I've been waiting for someone to give Autumn a problem.

Autumn was shocked when after a kind answer the coy-wolf lunged for Autumn's fair share. Quick as a fox, Autumn darted towards her prey hoping to get at it first. Her fangs snagged on the scales dragging it away as she sped out from under sharp fangs. She hadn't predicted that. "I could catch another one for you if you like." She said, although her dislike for the coy-wolf had strongly increased.
Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
one last post for me tonight!!! this will be fun!! :)

As she darted towards the prize there was a fleet flash of russet; Caiaphas braced her legs and slid scampering sideways down the embankment -- her eyes still mournfully sliding towards the fish that now sat between Autumn's adept jaws.

She clambered back up the bank and eyed the fox woefully, a glowering scowl darkening her ugly countenance. She was surprised then when the fox offered to catch another one -- and with a saccharine smile that clearly betrayed her intentions to an astute observer, she spoke. "That would be fantastic."
256 Posts
Ooc — summer
"Alright." She said. She kept one careful eye on the coy-wolf as she padded down by the water. She dropped the fish and put it under one paw as she dipped the other in the water. Unfortunately, it was much harder to fish with one paw. She moved the fish to her back foot and lifted one paw, waiting for any fish to pass by.
Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
She was hoping, perhaps foolheartedly, that the fox would be duped a second time and leave the fresh fish by the bank. Her heart practically sagged as the intrepid thing carried it down to the water with her -- with a grumbling growl, Caiaphas sulked after her.

She tried briefly to watch the creature and observe how it fished -- but her patience was as thin as the skin that dressed her bones and with an agitated twitch she drew closer. "You look like you're having trouble.. I could hold the fish for you. No tricks." Her offer, however offputting -- seemed alarmingly sincere.
256 Posts
Ooc — summer
She heard a quiet rumbling growl which made her suspicious. When the coy-wolf offered to hold the fish, it made Autumn more suspicious. But the tone of voice seemed truthful and made Autumn then trust the coy-wolf a bit more. Stupidly she passed the fish over to the coy-wolf, before turning again. A smaller fish swam by which she quickly snagged with her claws. She slapped it onto shore until it stopped flapping wildly.
Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
She watched hungrily, her salivating jaws half parted in desperation. She was surprised that the fo took her up on her offer; she was being entirely facetious and had no intentions on honoring her word. But the fox was swift to pass the fish over, and with the most of her self restraint, Caiaphas elected to hold the fish between one light paw; watching with interest as the little fox skillfully hooked another fish.

Feeling bold she spoke, her voice still honeyed with false politeness. "I'll take the small one.. you can have the big one." She suggested gamely, an ugly smile splitting her features -- "Pass the little one over! She leaned forward expectantly, the bigger fish still trapped beneath her paw.
256 Posts
Ooc — summer
Autumn didn't fall for it now. "Okay. Just pass over the one you're holding first." She could tell, the coy-wolf had already tried to steal a fish once. She wouldn't let it steal both fish. Autumn's puffy tail flicked to and fro, it was obvious she was nervous and tense.
Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
Shrewdly, the fox was alert to her scheme. She issued another jarring smile, the stilted expression reflecting how displeased she was with the fox's intelligence. With a huff Caiaphas rose, sweeping the fish up from her jaws. She stood still like some ugly gargoyle, motionless and menacing.

She stood this way for several seconds - long enough that the fox would likely be unsettled. And then, with a belligerent roar, the coywolf threw herself in the fox's direction in the hopes to spook the poor critter and earn herself desert.
256 Posts
Ooc — summer
Autumn jumped backward startled, but recovered quickly. She grabbed the dead fish and tore off a bit of meat but she could not eat the whole thing in a few seconds. She sadly threw the rest of the prey into the water where it sank. She swallowed the meat she had torn. It was delicious. If only she had saved the rest. But she would of had no time. Unfortunately it had been at an advantage. It had the larger while she had the lesser and if it broke her rule it still got a larger portion. She narrowed her eyes. She giggled like it had all been a joke. "Don't you know, idiot? There's a reason I didn't eat that. That fish has poison on it's scales. You'll die any minute now from it." She giggled again. The fish was completely normal but if the wolf was not smart on the topic of fish types, Autumn hoped she could get away with a lie. If not her fail would probably be humiliating. But the coy-wolf bugged her too much for Autumn not to take the chance to deceive.
Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
Caiaphas practically howled with fury as the fox discarded of the uneaten fish -- in a frenzy she lept after it, disappearing into the billowing water. She kept only her head aloft and looked absurd, paddling through the rushing froth with her chin locked tight and fish clamped tightly between her teeth.

Her foray into the water was fruitless and she swirled to return to shore, a sodden, wet heap that now looked more gaunt and sickly than before with lackluster and waterlogged fur. She delivered an abyssal stare to the fox, and dumbly, for a moment, panicked. She didn't relish the idea of dying -- but the fish was overwhelmingly enticing. She piggishly looked at the fox, finding little trace of deceit in its expression. She slid to the ground and tore into the fish wolfishly and without regard -- her sinister eyes locked on the fox as she ate. "Don't care," she chuffed between gorging bites -- "Im gonna die anyway." Without even chewing, she swallowed the rest of the fish -- her eyes half bulged with greed. She slithered forwards, her voice scarcely more than a whisper. "I got bit last night by a rabid skunk..." A lie, but it would have certainly explained her erratic behavior.
256 Posts
Ooc — summer
"Rabid Skunk, hm?" She said, trying to hide the fact she was nervous. what if it wasn't lying and really was rabid? Autumn would not want to die of becoming rabid if it attacked her. She inched further from the coy-wolf. She scared Autumn well, but Autunn had no intention of letting her fear show.
Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
She scrutinized the fox as it edged away, a delightful cackle bubbling forth from her frothy jaws. She had been drooling moments prior and perhaps this lent to the credibility of her lie -- in either event, she was deviously overjoyed to see the fox react somewhat adversely to her 'admittal'.

She slithered closer, on her belly like some serpentine supplicant entreating alms. Her vibrant yellow eyes never flitted from the fox. "I am not sure how much longer I have to live... I would like more fish before I die..." The pathetic animal lowered her head as if dejected by the news, trying her best to mimic some disconsolate emotion. She looked back towards the fox purposely, eyes imploring: "You wouldn't deny a girl one last supper, would you?"
256 Posts
Ooc — summer
finish up soon? After the fish Autumn would probably speed off with fear.

Autumn smiled crookedly. "Sure, I'll catch you one." Her heart bent for the poor coy-wolf. Autumn shouldn't of lied to someone if they were gonna die soon. She waded into shallow water and expertly picked off a medium sized fish. She waited till it stopped flapping and passed it to the coy-wolf, trying to avoid getting close without seeming rude. "I'm sorry about the rabies. Apparently some alpha called Jinx had that and drowned or something." She said, and immediately realized that wouldn't help at all.
Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
of course! feel free to fade out/have the last post. if you'd like to thread any time please send me a pm :)

The coywolf watched the fox coyly, her eyes watching the vulpine as it expertly hooked another fish. Caiaphas wondered if it was the catlike movement or the small stature that was such a boon for the fox -- had Caiaphas attempted to fish she would have been nowhere nearly as successful.

She forgot for a moment that she had mislead the fox -- and she offered a sympathetic smile as if sad for the wolf Autumn mentioned. But she was not; and inherently, she did not care. Greedily she wolfed down the second fish and elected to ignore the fox further; after all, it was quite evident Autumn was no longer enjoying the company.
256 Posts
Ooc — summer
She watched as the coy-wolf swallowed the final fish quickly. She shouldn't stay around a wolf with rabies much longer, should she? "Well that was nice. I have to be on my way now." She words fell out quickly, it was obvious she was in a rush. Without waiting for and answer from the girl she darted away as fast as possible, not waiting to catch a fish for herself. She had forgotten that she wanted a meal anyway.
Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
Caiaphas watched the fox sulkily as it darted off into the bosk. No rejoin or kind words were issued in return. She remained for some time alone under the embankment, her dark features contoured into a contemplative scowl.

The two fish had long since been devoured -- and along with them, the fox's company had long since quit her. Eventually she rose and carried the fox's fish off with her.