Noctisardor Bypass ≡ what about the day
75 Posts
Ooc — Impala
All Welcome 
I've been gone bc life, but I'd love to get soleon up and running! Anyone and everyone can jump in c:

He had found a decent place to set up a den and it was near a nice body of water. He found that getting food within the territory was easy. It made for a good fishing trip. He had also found that the herbs in the area were quite abundant and he had been spending the majority of his time chronicling them and figuring out their uses. A few that he had dared to try had left him feeling particularly ill, a few left him feeling quite odd and lightheaded–giggly even. It was interesting how these little things could play such a major role. Of course, some things had absolutely no effect. He used himself as the test subject for a lot of his wondering. Which, was odd given that he wasn’t sick. He both hoped he could find a sick body to try and heal as much as he preferred harm not to befall his own king. Especially his fellow legionaries.

He stretched outside of his den in the morning light and his muscles quivered with anticipation for the oncoming day. His tail swished side to side as he erected his body and moved to drink. Upon sating this thirst a rumble fled his body and his ears fell back against his head. The chuff was an invite to his fellow comrades and he hoped someone would answer the call. He supposed he could explore the land and make his own rounds of the border, but he did not wish to do so alone. He needed to get closer to those that he were around most. Hopefully they would understand and they would be willing. That, of course, was assuming anyone else bothered to rise so early in the day.
Interested in threading with me?
check out my OOC account for more information

IMPALA
✰✰✰
229 Posts
Ooc — b.
The day was early still, but so far, quiet. Not that she had given it much of a chance for otherwise yet--it was simply too soon for much else, and Jomyo was feeling relatively fresh-faced to greet the rest of the day to come. She intended to stay close to home still, hopefully rustle up something worth a hunt if the trails were generous, and maybe make a round or two around the claim's edge to see that nothing was amiss there but she was certainly beginning to feel the itch to rove beyond creeping up on her. The leaders' pups were not quite so small these days and therefore, not so delicate or needing so much attention; maybe soon she could scout out a little further again, see what was going on in the worlds beyond, even if it was only a short trip.

Anyway, she was only mulling the idea over so far, and was heading her way towards the lake when she noticed the presence of another not so long after hearing his voice. Curiosity piqued appropriately, she was already on her way over without a question spared. He was Legion wolf, this she knew, his scent was vaguely familiar.. but knowing him in any greater detail than that was yet to come, so she angled her meandering walk in his direction--quick to give him a solid look up and down on the way once she could, too. Hey, she chuffed back, a soft sway of her tail just above her own hocks. I'm Jomyo, she offered, to get that out of the way first and foremost. It was a place to start, and that was that.
75 Posts
Ooc — Impala
He was excited that as the minutes passed they didn't yield defeat. He was met by a  woman that resided within the same walls as him. He didn't know her name, but there was a familiarity that came with sharing a home. A scent. The uncertainty of name came to pass as she was quick to introduce herself. Soleon presented himself as moderately excited and dipped his head to her, "and I'm Soleon. It's an absolute pleasure to meet you!" He moved forward just a bit for a more comfortable speaking distance, but remained cautious not to impede on her personal space. 

"It's nice out today, huh?" He craned his head slightly towards the sky and he supposed it was decent. Rising sun, clouded skies: Truthfully nothing beyond a typical day. She appeared to be in good health, and he hoped she was of decent demeanor. He wanted to make friends here. Not just nameless faces that co-existed and settled for everyone being 'okay' "I was gonna run the borders and look for new herbs. I'd love some company," He had a habit of always getting right to the point.

IMPALA
✰✰✰
229 Posts
Ooc — b.
She certainly received no ill-will on her appearance here, and immediately, he was clear to be a cheery guy. Her tail swayed gently, conveying her friendly neutrality back, even if she didn't know quite what to say--not able to claim such enthusiasm this early. Yeah it's not bad, she supposed with a nod, inspired to glance upward with him to skim past the clouds. It was nice out, no denying that. Not too hot, not raining. Looked promising. Early still, though.. she just about snickered as she peered back at him. A lot could change between dawn and dusk. Anyway, she wasn't going to think herself too deeply there, and as ever, she was open to a smooth motion forward when the meet-and-greets were concerned.

There was plenty to find out about him, and this would be her way of saying she would do for some company as well. I'm just looking to stretch my legs a bit mostly. The borders don't sound like a bad lap, she said, and kept a thought about the herbs handy in the event of good opportunity.

Light on her feet as ever, she gestured for motion if he was keen. Any particular herbs you're after today? she asked, gauging that interest of his, perhaps.
75 Posts
Ooc — Impala
Soleon enjoyed the idea of spending his day with one of his pack mates. He hadn’t really been too involved yet and he felt that becoming accustomed to those he lived among would him in the long run. Jomyo agreed to his offer and Soleon sprang forward in the direction he wished to go, “Perfect,” Perhaps he could learn more about Legion from her. She had, surely, been apart of this place longer than himself; no?

“I just want to do my part is all,” He clarified exactly why he felt the need to round the borders. He likely sounded odd, but that was quite alright. After not fitting in for so long it was simply important that he made an attempt to belong. It wouldn’t be perfect and he supposed it was better to stick out than blend in always.

Her question inspired a ‘hmm’ from him as he kept his head low to the ground and his eyes maneuvering the grass and foliage. He wasn’t an adept healer. Far from it. He didn’t even know what he was looking for to be quite honest. Honestly, he hadn’t even expected her to care or bother asking, “Well–I don’t know a lot about names. It’s mostly been a lot of trial and error. I think I’m looking for things that stick out. I’m just a beginner; Do you know anything about medicine?” He supposed the best way to learn was to invoke the knowledge of others.

IMPALA
✰✰✰
229 Posts
Ooc — b.
No other resistance there, which made it easy. Soon enough, he was moving forward too and Jomyo fell neatly into step with the idea as well. It didn't surprise her to find that a dutiful sort willing to carry his weight had been who Arbiter and Kaertok decided to keep. Which, it was something else that worked in her favor in the big picture, too. She would much rather round the borderlands as a pair, anyway. She could hold her own, but a second set of teeth on any potential situation was always a good extra assurance.

Oh I see, she replied, but taking this new information in stride. A beginner healer, then, but learning. That probably contributed well to his place among them, or at least a good first impression on the leads here. Jomyo appreciated it. Honestly not a lot. I only know a few extremely common basics from over the years, just the little things to get myself by if really needed, she detailed for him. She had lived with a few packs, known a few medics, so the tidbits of information was there.. it was just not something she would use to treat others unless the need was massively dire. I've been a scout for years, for several packs, and sometimes things happen so.. it's good to know some bare-bones basics, in case of emergency. Anyway--any main points that tend to catch your eye when looking for useful stuff? I know.. dandelion can be good for some minor soothing things, but nothing major, she went on with next, adding in her two cents on something she did know, even if it was small.
75 Posts
Ooc — Impala
Soleon didn't particularly care to be alone. So having someone marching alongside him was great! The wolves here were a bit quieter--seemed to keep to themselves. He had met Arbiter once (granted she had just bore children upon his arrival) He had suffered in the silence that was Kaertok. Besides these little moments it was mostly in passing that he had seen other wolves here. The pack wasn't particularly large. Still--it was his home and felt a bit more it as each day passed. 

He wasn't too surprised to hear she didn't know much about healing. He supposed his type didn't really linger around these parts. Still, in his mind, once he became further well-practiced he would be a most valuable asset. He enjoyed his work. He enjoyed the curiosity of every new thing he tried. 

"I know how to help heal wounds. That's been most of my practice. I got interested when I helped a young woman who was whelping when i was a bit younger," She had been a medic herself and things hadn't been going to well. She instructed him through a lot and had sent her after certain things. Knowing that dandelions were soothing was interesting to know. He wondered if it were for the physical or the mental. He would need to find some and play. The most soothing thing he had found thus far had been a root (explained to him by the aforementioned new-mother) that quelled anxiety and relaxed the body. That was a go to for his for those enduring discomfort in a multitude of meanings. 

"Scout? So what are you scouting for, exactly?" He back tracked to what she said. Scouts were those that made sure there was nothing of ill intent on the way; yes? Or four legged carrier pigeons? He wondered what she so loved about it that she had done it for so long.

IMPALA
✰✰✰
229 Posts
Ooc — b.
She could appreciate the insight into what he did know. Absently, she wondered if he would have a need to polish these healing skills here in Legion any time soon. The pack in the valley south that had some issue with Arbiter weren't something she was going to forget about.. even if she was primarily enjoying peacetime here at home again lately. Sounds like knowing how to heal wounds is a good place to start, though. Jomyo nodded.

Then, on herself, and by extension her duty: Whatever needs to be scouted for, really. Ranging for recruits, messenger work between packs, following herds.. or just wandering to cover ground and see what's going on out there, she detailed then, summarizing as broadly as she felt like. A little bit of all that mostly. I was trained for it young in my homeland.. and grew into it, to be an ambassador of theirs, somewhat. It branched out from there over time.. obviously, and keeps me moving. she made a vague gesture at the territory ahead, then back to her--whatever it was that had landed her here on this comfortable niche that warranted this much of a stay. Regardless, she liked a lot of things about scouting that simply felt like they came naturally to her at this point she'd been at it so long. I'm thinking of heading towards the Sunspire mountain range again in a few weeks--before I have to risk any snows, see what's going on. I like to keep an eye out for anything I can, she mentioned. In his case, maybe if she heard of any medic sorts, she could wheedle a few facts out of them to bring back for him.
75 Posts
Ooc — Impala
Soleon agreed with her sentiment. It was a good place to start. However, it needed to just be the beginning. Perhaps he could dress a wound--but was the likelihood of that needing to be a handy skill any where near occurence? Naturally he prayed it wasn't something that would require him any time soon. Still--the desire to prove himself beckoned at him. All in due time, "I'll be trying more handy things soon. Soothing practices," Some of the wolves that had gathered here needed a true happy pill. 

He listened to her and his thoughts drifted to his encounter at the border with Kaertok. Two had arrived (without so much of a chance to mention their names) stating that there was a pack forming. They had a weird mannerism about them and Soleon had considered if there were more like them rising then they could become a problem. 

Jomyo planned on an outing....Perhaps he had information that would stir her curiosity? 

"Were you made aware of our visitors the other day?" His head craned in curiosity, "They said a pack is forming not far from here. I don't know if I believe them...but there was something mad about the two that came here," They seemed crazed. The first to arrive being the worst of the lot in a landslide, "I'd like to accompany you, perhaps? I'm probably not the best guard...but maybe it would be an informative trip for me in a number of ways,"

IMPALA
✰✰✰
229 Posts
Ooc — b.
She sent him a little look as if to say "oh?" when he mentioned soothing practices. As for what those could be, she could only imagine the options out there. Those don't sound too trying to test out, anyway.. she snickered a bit. She imagined a worse-case scenario for a soothing idea just being a nap, so.. that wasn't that bad. Of course, it could surely be taken too far, but such was true about just about anything.

Only vaguely.. but, sounds strange. I hadn't seen much suggesting a new group out nearby, until this--not that I've been out that much, but still. Suspicious.. she mentioned with a thoughtful scrunch to her expression while she was grateful for his details about the situation. His judgement about them not being.. quite right, too, stuck with her. Definitely worth keeping a lookout for more about in case it was actually something to consider. Did they say where they were? Or.. who? she asked, fishing then for a few more facts, in case he had them anyway. Maybe if the encounter was bizarre enough, these pieces may not have come up at all. You can come, if you want. I don't usually travel with others.. since I'm pretty good at using quick feet to get out of bad situations, she smirked. And, one wolf was usually less suspect, and she could play that advantage if needed. Though of course, safety came in numbers, and having someone else to help watch your back was nothing to shirk at. It meant watching his in turn, too. But am not against it--especially if you might have something to gain from it too, she finished lightly.

Anyway, they went on their way, chatting back and forth between the tasks before them. To her, it felt good to get to know each other a bit more, and build a plan for time to come. They each had something to potentially gain and the Eizokusei was here for it.