Lone Star Mountain and he sang about what i’d become
192 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Private 

He’d only seen lightning twice; once as a boy. He’d been so afraid of it then. In his mind they were a bad omen from his god.

Now the storm is back again, similar to how it had been in the past. Flashes of white followed by loud roars. The unease it gave him as a child was creeping up on him now. But there were no tears this time. Cenric stood in the middle of it all and glared at the heavens.
closed for threads
the cursed child of Déorwine
13 Posts
Ooc —
She had seen others that had the misfortune of the facing lightning head on, a sign of poor favor with the High Elk. Was it because she was close by that they had been struck or had they displeased their god, was it a sign she needed to keep herself excluded?

Again she saw these flashes, bright white and jarring followed by a thundering crash of thunder. She held back a yelp as she looked up at the sky, the rain coming in waves. Was this her fault too? It was only then she saw his form, defiance in every action. The ivory curse gave a soft cuffing sound keep her eyes eyes on anywhere but his face, he would acknowledge him of he deemed it fit.
192 Posts
Ooc —
Away
He spotted her long before she called out to him. Her fair pelt glowed when the lighting traveled through the clouds. Her eyes are a beacon.

Witch.

Whitney. Was she an apparition? Cenric was tempted to reach forward and find out, but he stayed glued to the spot. Déorwine’s don’t touch the unblessed.

You escaped.
closed for threads
13 Posts
Ooc —
He did not move forward but did she expect any different, none of them would embrace her. Not even her own father would embrace is unblessed pup, it was simply her mother who showed her kindness when no one else did but that was only outside of prying eyes. She remained standing, her ears falling and her tail limp against her thighs to down submission to someone higher in favor. 

When he spoke her name she made sure to keep the smile off her face, she had always liked this boy even if nothing would ever happen between them. "Cenric.." her voice came as soft and gentle, as if she truly were a kindhearted ghost. When he commented on how she escaped it was then a small smile came before vanishing just as quickly as it had come, yes, she had escaped

"The High Elk spared me the fate of the forest."
192 Posts
Ooc —
Away
That He did. 

Why?

Her existence was a curse, everyone with a right mind knew that. Yet she manages to slip away from the High Elk’s scorn time and time again.

It is.. perplexing.

Are there others with you?
closed for threads
13 Posts
Ooc —
A curse, she k ew her appearance was nothing but unwanted and yet every time something happened she was spared by the High Elk. He did not want her dead, was it that she was not a messenger of misfortune?  No, that couldn't be it. Could it?

he asked about others and she continueed her soft expressin, her mask to hide that she had met one other but his sister's healing must be a secret. "No.. might I ask you the same question?" She kept her tone the same, she would not show the hope about her siblings.
192 Posts
Ooc —
Away
The answer wasn’t surprising. The majority of the Déorwine’s kept their distance from Whitney, whether that was a conscious choice or not. If they avoided her in the comfort of their own home, why would they stick with her now. These were desperate times. No one could afford inviting bad luck into their lives now.

Célnes is with me. Fréobearn was here too, but she returned to Kingslend to search for survivors. A choice he wasn’t thrilled about. Calhoun may be nearby. Kendrick is missing, but alive.
closed for threads
13 Posts
Ooc —
She allowed him to finish his words, names she knew but not all were friendly towards her. Her ears fell when neither of her brothers were named, even if at least one of them disliked her with a passion. She then voiced this thought, curious if they had been seen.

"My brothers, have you seen them?" so far she had had no luck finding them but her voice remained soft and controlled but she still worried for them.
192 Posts
Ooc —
Away
No. He’d pause to let the weight of disappointment crawl atop her back. There’s still a soul in the witch, despite what many would have you believe. I am sorry. An apology to further appease said soul.

Will you chase after ghosts, Whitney? Funny how hope withers when the problem does not concern him. Or will you start anew?
closed for threads